Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
zidart
FFR Player

Default the good and the bad of Final Fantasy XII

well this is a game with a lot of controversy, so i wanted to know what did people liked or hated of this game. (by the way no spoilers please)

i'll start with my opinion

The good:

-No more random battles, the only part that i don't like of RPGs is the random battles, but not when i am in a new area but when im going to an old area and weak monsters start attacking and they don't even give a lot of EXP

- license board, it makes the character development, at first i thought, that all my characters would be the same thing because everyone has the same board. however i got very different characters since everyone went in a different path.

- story, i was ok with the romantic story of other final fantasy, but this one is about war. is not very easy to predict.

- gambit system, i like the gambits, i can make gambits for every event or problem, i have gambits for normal battles and gambits for boss battles, and although it sounds like the gambits control the game, there is always
suprise that makes me press X a lot of times

-hunting, hunting monsters is cool, some are really hard and makes for some good not annoying grinding.

- graphics and music, there is no argue although some songs are rather annoying the graphics are really good and the art desing, awesome

-world map, the world map is really cool because every location is conected by a long path (but there is the option of teleport crystals) and the world is really big, i dare to say bigger than the twilight princess world

The bad:

- although no more random battles is something good, the problem is when i want to run, this is a really big issue in many parts of the game where i got attacked by a really hard to beat monster

-license board, it's annoying when i get a cool accessory but i can't use ir because i was busy getting other licenses

- story, the only part of the story i didn't like is that the main character doesn't really feel really important.

-gambit system, that i want to have more commands but i need to get more licenses

-hunting, i hate to go and look for the guy who posted the bill, and once i killed the monster go back and tell him again

-graphics, the seeq look rather ugly but maybe they were meant to be like that, and some songs are repeated many times (giza plains for example)

- world map, well i have to go back to rabanastre, i am in phon coast, and i got no teleport stone, see the problem?

well that's my opinion. but overall it's a good game if you know how to play it
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien
Default Re: the good and the bad of Final Fantasy XII

Hmm, well I never beat the game just because it was so freaking boring. Gambit system is awesome, I didn't really care for the battle system, and the License Board was just annoying.

The story just didn't captivate me at all or motivate me to keep playing, I got bored halfway through so I just stopped.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, it bored me.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
zidart
FFR Player

yeah there is a part of the game that it gets boring (discover how to use the dawn shard) but after that the story gets better
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
tobi14
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tobi14

final fantasy has been my over all favorite game series since i was four, but ffx-2, ff11, and ff12 have led me to consider never buying a new final fantasy game again
tobi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
zidart
FFR Player

yeah although final fantasy XII is a good game it doesn't really feel like a final fantasy. this is because the director of the series decided to leave the company, but well they can't mess with XIII i mean there's 3 of them what could possibly go wrong?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
tobi14
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tobi14

i didnt think ffxii was very good, mayb a 4/10, but thats only my opinion and i mightve just not liked it cuz i wanted it to b mor like older ones in gameplay
tobi14 is offline   Reply With Quote