Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl
Default Religion MUST be evil

Because that guy who called you a bad name goes to church on sunday, as opposed to that other guy who beat you up in middle school that claimed God was false.
/sarcasm

Listen up, tools.

Religion is not evil. In fact, it is near essential to the well being and good nature of mankind. The fact that religions happen to be run by very real, very human people, does not make that religion false, does not make that religion EVIL.

INTOLERANCE is the root of all evil. You who claim that religions are there simply to brainwash people so that the people who operate that religion can gain power, are everything you despise. How can you call a man stupid, ignorant, false, evil, simply for him choosing to follow God? Because once upon a time you were discriminated against by someone that had a holier-than-thou attitude? My guess is that is at least part of your hatred. Realize you are being a hypocrite, and then go perfect thyself.

/soap box
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces
Default Re: Religion MUST be evil

Mormons are fanatical.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Laharl
FFR Player

And you are a total, TOTAL bag of douche, Spec.

I'm sick of your attitude. You pretend to be so brilliant, yet you never actually say anything. Like right now. You're just making a post to egg me on.

Bring something to the table, or get the **** out.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:50 PM   #4
scottish
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to scottish Send a message via MSN to scottish

Evil and Pure, Good or Bad, are just perspectives. There is no "just" way to follow. It all comes down to what you believe in yourself that counts.
scottish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

AHAHAHAHAHA, holy christ, you need relax Laharl. You aren't bringing anything to the table that hasn't been spouted by a ton of other cynical fanatics that just hate not having everyone under their religion.

There is a difference between you and I Laharl. You invest your emotions into a medium of fantasy, a place where the societal constraints and harsh realities are lessened and cheapened in order to provide and lull its users into a false sense of security.

This is my source of random entertainment, inbetween my ambitious life goals and paths that I seek in order to better my life as a whole. You take it too seriously Case, there's no reason to. You feel as if my comments are a personal attack on your being, when they are merely random comments I pulled out of bored mind.
Your rant is unnecessary. Just because everyone doesn't hold the same opinion you do, and you find peace and meaning in your religion, where others may not, doesn't mean you have to resort to calling them tools. Look at the age group, look at the site you're at. It's an internet game based off of DDR, relax buddy.
I never actually say anything because I couldn't be bothered to invest too much into it. But you've forced my hand and here I am, speaking to you in a manner that I would speak to you face to face. I think many religions are beautiful, with really great messages of peace. But it's man that distorts what is written and uses it to his benefit. Whether it be Jihad or the Nationalistic Racism call to arms we see in the United States, "unite under god and fight our enemies, the enemies of freedom." Evil is subjective.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:26 PM   #6
Laharl
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specforces
AHAHAHAHAHA, holy christ, you need relax Laharl. You aren't bringing anything to the table that hasn't been spouted by a ton of other cynical fanatics that just hate not having everyone under their religion.
Go find a post, at any time that I've ever been on the internet, that I have told someone to join my religion except as a gag "because the women are hot". I emplore you.

www.znes.com
www.whattheboat.com
www.questionablecontent.com

I frequent those boards, or at least used to. Go. Search.

I hate people being intolerante scumbags incapable of thinking for themselves. The vast majority of my friends, Spec, actually don't like my religion, not only do they not follow it.

Quote:
There is a difference between you and I Laharl. You invest your emotions into a medium of fantasy, a place where the societal constraints and harsh realities are lessened and cheapened in order to provide and lull its users into a false sense of security.
Please elaborate because I'm not sure I understand where you're going with that.

Quote:
This is my source of random entertainment, inbetween my ambitious life goals and paths that I seek in order to better my life as a whole. You take it too seriously Case, there's no reason to. You feel as if my comments are a personal attack on your being, when they are merely random comments I pulled out of bored mind.
Do not call me Case. We are not friends. You are not allowed to refer to me as if we were on familiar terms.

And drawing something out of my personal life that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic is a personal attack.
Quote:
Your rant is unnecessary. Just because everyone doesn't hold the same opinion you do, and you find peace and meaning in your religion, where others may not, doesn't mean you have to resort to calling them tools. Look at the age group, look at the site you're at. It's an internet game based off of DDR, relax buddy.
My rant is entirely necessary. People here are trying to come across as faux-intellectuals, by repeating things they've been told and not by things they themselves have discovered.
The fact that most the people here are young is exactly why I'm speaking the way I am.
Quote:
I never actually say anything because I couldn't be bothered to invest too much into it. But you've forced my hand and here I am, speaking to you in a manner that I would speak to you face to face. I think many religions are beautiful, with really great messages of peace. But it's man that distorts what is written and uses it to his benefit. Whether it be Jihad or the Nationalistic Racism call to arms we see in the United States, "unite under god and fight our enemies, the enemies of freedom." Evil is subjective.
THANK YOU for actually saying something.

Anyway, you presume I am doing this entirely out of devotion or fanaticism. That gets under my skin. You have no idea what issues I have with my religion, with other religions, with God himself. I am telling people that before they come with an opinion, they better have gone and sought truth as I am attempting to do and have been trying to do for years.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #7
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Religion is not the root of all evil.

Intolerence is not the root of all evil.

There is no such thing as objective evil, and thereby, there is certainly no single cause to "evil".

That said, intolerence is, in my experience, fairly common place amongst people who strongly believe in a religion. Think about history. How many wars have been fought that have absolutely NO basis in religion/beliefs? Only thing that comes up in my mind is the first World War.

Regarding the power thing: Maybe not consciously, but yeah, people are greedy in nature. They want power.

And as for religion being essential to the good of society or whatever: not true by any means. That statement is tantamount to saying that atheists are all immoral, and really, that can't be further from the truth. There are many people who have strong believes in relgion yet are very immoral and I have yet to meet an atheist who has no morals.

EDIT: rofl

Quote:
thinking for themselves.
The entire reason religion developed in the first place, and why it strives, even to this day, is because people can't or don't like thinking for themselves.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
scottish
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to scottish Send a message via MSN to scottish

Yes, that and also to keep some sort of sanity. Religion and Government go hand in hand, both seeming totally different by most, in which, they aren't at all.
scottish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 PM   #9
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

lmao znes

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #10
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro
That said, intolerence is, in my experience, fairly common place amongst people who strongly believe in a religion.
I'd like to point out my and many of the other forums member's intolerance towards most religions. In my opinion, that would probably be one of my greater faults and have to agree with you there. People who strongly believe about religion tend to be quite intolerant.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #11
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Mormons -are- kinda weird...

But weird is good, and I love Casey anyway. *big hug*

This post probably isn't analogous with critical thinking, but **** it, I want to say this, so I will.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #12
Laharl
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
The entire reason religion developed in the first place, and why it strives, even to this day, is because people can't or don't like thinking for themselves.
Thank you for being your typical ignorant ass of a self, Afro.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 PM   #13
Benny1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Benny1

well, with religion, my take on it is, it's possible it may not be true, and trying to think about how it may be true really just makes me go into a worse spot than I am, but really, there is no bad side of religion. If I die believing I will go to heaven, and there is no heaven, I have lost nothing of my life. Is it really a bad thing?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #14
Cenright
You thought I was a GUY?!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Location: Beaumont (A town with 25 times fewer people than this site)
Send a message via AIM to Cenright Send a message via MSN to Cenright Send a message via Yahoo to Cenright

I would like to say, as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I probably spend a relatively high number of hours in what you people would call "Church".

I would say I take religion VERY seriously, and although I use religion a fair amount in my life, I am not "Fanatical". (In the literal sense of the word)

Yes, I do some door-to-door ministry work. Yes I am at "church" Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. When it comes to actions, I try to actually use what I preach. I am devoted, but I am not fanatical.

Everyone seems to say that Witnesses seem to force their religion on others, but, doing the door-to-door work myself, I can say that we are not here to force converts, because we aren't wanting people to be there at our church, just to be there. There is no collection box that goes around. We are devoted though.

We have something to share, so we want to share it. Whether people take that as pushy or not, I can't say, but I can say that we attempt to get other Christians to open their bible more often and gain the truth that is actually inside. If someone says something exists, I want them to show me it in the bible. After I know something that is feel is truth, I want to share it. I am not going to force you to believe it, but I will at least share it with you.

-edit-
Q, would you call me intolerant?

Last edited by Cenright; 09-15-2006 at 10:52 PM..
Cenright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #15
Chrissi
FFR Player

Wait.. you go door to door?

Instant lose.

I mean, I understand that you want to share this with other people. You want them to know what you feel is the truth and you highly believe in what you preach. That's good.

But other people don't want to know, more often than not. And as one of those people who doesn't want someone coming up to me telling me that I need to read a book that I've already read and believe what I consider to be some freaky ****, that just PISSES me off.

Sorry. Little rant there. Nothing against the religion. Go and believe what you want. But I hate when people walk around trying to convert others. And yeah... I don't care what you call it. If you're going door to door, showing people something they never asked for... it's.... terrible. I understand you mean well. But it still sucks.

If I wanted to know about your religion, I'd come to YOU. In our society, people can find info about anything they want. If you think people haven't hear of Jehova's Witness or the bible, you're kidding yourself. People know exactly what they can find in there. They just don't care. And they won't care no matter how much you tell them to look. You just piss them off.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #16
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm getting at the fact that you are taking a PsuedoDDR game message board seriously. Praise god. I can't wait till my main focus in life is to kill religious fanatics, I'll think of you when I'm severing their heads Casey.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:04 PM   #17
Chrissi
FFR Player

Why is there so much hate here?

Why can't you all just look at my avatar and be happy?

See? Penis with wings! Stupid greeks!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:08 PM   #18
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I can't stand preaching. The whole world is becoming godless, get used to it. Your breed is slowly dieing.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:10 PM   #19
Chrissi
FFR Player

Well I don't like preaching either... but comeon, it's just the internets.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #20
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My words may appear to have a sting to them, but they are hardly meaningful. What the fool does with his life is of little consequence. We'll see who's where in 10 years.

Last edited by Specforces; 09-15-2006 at 11:14 PM..
Specforces is offline   Reply With Quote