Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-5-2006, 12:48 PM   #1
hellspare
FFR Player

Default I suck

I know there's alot of these threads. I used to play sm but now i'm in a new country and haven't downloaded stepmania yet, so i decided to give ffr a try. HOW DO YOU POSSIBLY PLAY GOOD AT THIS GAME USING ONE HAND?

I took a peek at the guru songs, i couldn't even touch them. I can't even get a good score on difficult. Do you guys play a different style? I certainly can't play spread on ffr.. and index seems to be the only option, maybe i'll have to learn that to be decent at this game.
hellspare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Re: I suck

all the top guys are spread... although a bunch of very good players are both 1-handers or index.

it all is practice... practice and screenshrinking. c300 is too slow to read many of the harder songs. making the screen smaller makes the arrows appear later, which simulates making the speed faster. which makes it easier to read.
Old 07-5-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
hellspare
FFR Player

I went to settings, but it didn't allow me to change speed mods, and there's no cmods either, just xmods.
Old 07-5-2006, 01:02 PM   #4
TK_Killer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TK_Killer Send a message via MSN to TK_Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspare
I know there's alot of these threads. I used to play sm but now i'm in a new country and haven't downloaded stepmania yet, so i decided to give ffr a try. HOW DO YOU POSSIBLY PLAY GOOD AT THIS GAME USING ONE HAND?

I took a peek at the guru songs, i couldn't even touch them. I can't even get a good score on difficult. Do you guys play a different style? I certainly can't play spread on ffr.. and index seems to be the only option, maybe i'll have to learn that to be decent at this game.
Glad to see you have such a high Self-Confidence level, and like tassel said most of the best people are spread, but another good way is with 3 fingers, using 2 on your right hand and 1 on your left hand, just like index but with another finger, Or you could do 4 fingers, whichever you like the most, But playing one handed is the hardest way and you also you arm/hand gets tired, and if you play one handed, It takes alot longer to get good than almost any other kind. Plus don't expect to be able to play on Guru the first day you get back, you have to work yourself up to it.

-TK_Killer

EDIT: There are no speed mods yet, you have to wait in till 3rd style is released.
Old 07-5-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

uh huh.... FFR scrolls at c300. that is the only setting. can't change it.

but if you actually read what I wrote... physically shrink your browser's window so that the arrows appear on the screen later. make it smaller. like this is what my screen looks like:

Compare that to a normal window... see what I mean? If you are used to playing at 500+ scroll rate, that will make it easier for you.
Old 07-5-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
hellspare
FFR Player

Ohhh i get it, thanks for the help guys. I was just frustrated at how hard it is to adapt to this game compared to stepmania. No speed mods, no noteskins, not being able to play spread w/o another program. I'll try again with the autohotkey stuff.