Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 05:14 AM   #1
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x
Default Castlevania: The Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the below site
Dimension Films has closed a North American distribution deal on "Castlevania," a thriller based on the Konami videogame franchise that Paul W.S. AndersonPaul W.S. Anderson will adapt and direct.
Studio closed a deal Monday morning at 2:30 with Crystal Sky Pictures' Steven PaulSteven Paul and Benedict CarverBenedict Carver, who'd just bought rights from the vidgame maker (Daily Variety, Nov. 2).

Dimension's Bob WeinsteinBob Weinstein, Richard SapersteinRichard Saperstein, Michael ColeMichael Cole and Matt Stein crashed a private dinner party at Shutters on Friday that Crystal Sky organized so Anderson could meet overseas buyers. By dessert, Crystal Sky altered its plan to broker the domestic rights deal later. Weinstein had a Saturday meeting with Anderson, and production head Saperstein led an eight-hour marathon negotiating session with Crystal Sky's Carver that culminated in the latenight deal.

Studio wouldn't comment on its investment, but others said it will be a significant percentage of a budget expected to be $50 million. Though Anderson is also attached to direct a remake of "Death Race 2000" at Paramount, he has already begun writing the bloodsucker storyline for "Castlevania" and is expected to put the film into production by next summer.

For Anderson and Impact Films producing partner Jeremy BoltJeremy Bolt, AFM has proven to be a most productive week for vidgame adaptations. The duo were at the center of a bidding battle for domestic rights to "Resident Evil 3," which Anderson is writing and will produce with Bolt.

A bidding battle began Tuesday for domestic rights to "Dead or Alive," the Corey Yuen-directed videogame transformation that Anderson and Bolt are producing. That pic was shot in China and is in post-production. A distribution deal was imminent
http://www.kpforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=206

Hopefully it won't get butchered like the rest of the video games that make it too hollywood.

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:50 AM   #2
Schrammbledeggs
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default RE: Castlevania: The Movie

They're also making a Silent Hill movie with Laurie Holden (Marita Kovarubias from X-Files fame) and the already well-known Sean Bean. Downside: the main character is a GIRL.

Movie Reviewer at ddrgeek.com
Schrammbledeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Any hopes of this being a good movie should be automatically shot down. I've yet to see a good video game adaptation.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #4
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

I enjoy Anderson and what he makes. AVP was a little too much fluff, but I still enjoyed it. I hope he does well with this.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros
Default Re: RE: Castlevania: The Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer
Any hopes of this being a good movie should be automatically shot down. I've yet to see a good video game adaptation.
Until I see the DOOM movie, this comment is arguable.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:18 AM   #6
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy
Default RE: Re: RE: Castlevania: The Movie

I doubt this will actually have any relation to the games.

If they really wanted to make it true to the games, they would include Alucard, played by the guy who did his voice in SOTN. Well, okay, maybe not. But they should just make it a movie version of SOTN. That would be awesome.

But they won't. They'll just turn it into rubbish along the lines of last year's crappy vampire movie, Van Helsing.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 AM   #7
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

True, but the history of the Belmont's is so convuluted that I'd be happy if they made a movie using the name Simon who carried a whip to kill the vamps.

As long as it is bad-ass, I'm going to be very happy.

Mal

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:08 PM   #8
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Who would be a good choice for which ever Belmont the story is about?

Hopefully this movie won't resemble the Blade movies(not that they were horrible).

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #9
Arthur122368
FFR Player

They should include alucard.

Then they should make one of Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
I beat that one with like 185%. Stupid Debug room wouldnt work.

I also heard that the lead director for the resident evil movies was fired, and that the new director is going to make a movie that follows the storyline.

None of that alice with her psychonetic super powers!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:04 PM   #10
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Well, I've scoured the internet for the last ten minutes and I couldn't come up with one story that said the current director of Resident Evil: Afterlife is being fired... Because there is no director attached yet. Good job.

Mal

My new novel:

Now in Paperback!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #11
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Am I the only one who though that Aria of Sorrow was a fantastic sequel to SOTN?

I will be happy if this movie has three things: (A) Lots of weapon-changing, not just a whip and various subweapons. (B) Victory Armor. Victory Armors effing RULE. (C) The director remembers that one of the big points of Castlevania is how fun it is to explore the castle since every area is so unique in gothy-ness. I hope there's lots of really really cool rooms.

Things that I will let slide: (A) If there are guns or grenades, that's okay and I'll let it go. (B) I promise you, if the Cross subweapon is used it will be crappy. But I'll be willing to let it go. (C) If the storyline is not connected very much to the games. I'm not saying they should change it up so roles are effed up, like Alucard being evil or Castlevania actually having a solid location on the Earth, but if it's not connected to the other game storylines, that's okay.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote