Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 12:34 PM   #1
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Prison Break

Wow... has anyone else checked out this new show on FOX? I heard decent things about it but hadn't seen it. Then I saw a torrent for all 7 episodes of it and couldn't resist. A few hours later.... I'm hooked.

This show is up there with Season 1 of 24. Yes, its that intense and has that much action in each episode, complete with cliffhanger ending that make you beg for it to be a week later already.

The basic plot that can be picked up from commercials + the pilot episode:
*SPOILERS*

Lincoln Burrows is on death row for killing the Vice-Presidents brother, the CEO of a company that is working for an alternative source of energy. When his execution date is set, his younger brother, Michael Scofield, decides there is only 1 thing he can do... break Lincoln out of Fox River state prison. He gets a full body tattoo that has the blueprints of the prison hidden in them along with words/phrases that help him remember things he needs to do along the way. Then, he studies up on all of the key players inside of the prison to figure out his plan. Then he robs a bank to get himself thrown in Fox River.

That is just the first 10 minutes of the 1st episode.

I'll save other details for you to see for yourselves. But, if you like 24, you'll like Prison Break. It has the same intensity. I can't wait for the next episode on Oct 24th.

My one worry is that they'll break out on the last episode of the season, and then season 2 will be one giant manhunt. I don't want to see the post-break action be dragged out too long. I wouldn't mind seeing a show do 2 seasons, have closure at the end of the second season, and then end. Retire on the top. Never jump the shark. But, alas... it just never happens. People just take a good thing and push it too far, warping it to the retarded. I hope this doesn't happen with Prison Break.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin
Default RE: Prison Break

I don't watch shows like Lost/Threshold/Surface/Invasion because these things inevitably get dragged on for too long, like Tass said. That's why I avoided Prison Break.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

I am astounded by this show. It's exactly why I liked 24 (the first season, because the second was good but eh, and the third sucked so much I stopped watching the show entirely) and I do hope they can keep it up for the length of the plotline and not drag it on too far.

Lost, BTW, has jumped the shark more times than I can count, and I still think they're dragging it on too long, but I still love it and watch it.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
whorlichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I really like this show. But to say it's on par with season 1 of 24? You're out of your mind. And Lost is great every episode. I have no clue what you two are talking about concerning Lost, especially comparing it with shows like Surface. It's a tv series, not a movie. Some episodes are going to be a bit of a filler to help lead into more episodes. Lost has always been a slow paced show and if it wasn't, it'd suck.

This show has surprised me though. I'm anxious for this baseball crap to get over with so it comes back on.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Jason... its up there with season 1 of 24. Whether it stays that way will depend on how the season ends. Also, as 24 has a different plot each season, its harder to compare with other shows.

In terms of intensity, amount of stuff that is happening in each episode, multiple plots going on at the same time, and cliffhanger endings... its up there with 24. What I did notice is that its almost for sure that the writing staff changed after the 1st episode. Particularly in the attitude of Lincoln's son. There were other small things I noticed that contradicted with the 1st episode.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #6
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Yea, lots of shows have conflicts later on with the pilot.

Prison Break has some intensity, but I still don't agree with you on being up there with 24 season 1 (which is still my favorite season of 24, even though I knew the major twist at the end because I watched it after watching the first few episodes of season 2).
Old 10-15-2005, 06:43 PM   #7
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Season 4 of 24 was excellent also. I'd go with 1, 4, 2, 3. Can't wait for 5.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:58 AM   #8
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

This show is excellent. I've seen every episode since the premiere and it ranks up there with "House" for me. It hyas constantly kept me interested, and hasn't ever become easily predictable. It needs to start back up again.
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:34 PM   #9
banditcom
FFR Player

New episode tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:54 PM   #10
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

YES!
Old 10-23-2005, 05:11 PM   #11
natetheffrer
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to natetheffrer

i hate baseball and its show pushing away action, but finally a new one!!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:31 PM   #12
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

CRAP!!! I forgot to watch this for the last two mondays! Actually, it was more me being really ridiculously busy, but still! Someone please pm me with a basic synopsis of what happened...
Old 11-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #13
banditcom
FFR Player

Bittorrent......

I can't wait until Monday. It's been exciting.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:47 AM   #14
Dancerboy1212
FFR Player

I saw that show and it was pretty good
Dancerboy1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 07:38 AM   #15
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Thank the lord for encore episodes, apparrently I only missed one episode, so I'll be all caught up.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #16
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

i've heard this is awesome, and i've heard everyone compare it to season 1 of 24... and now I want all the original episodes... does anyone here happen to have them saved and can sent them to me?

blahblah18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #17
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Nope... but I'm sure I can find you a torrent of the first 7 episodes or so... and 8-10 or 11 shouldn't be that hard to find, as they are more recent.

And, yea. Its not as good as season 1 of 24, but its damn good.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:07 AM   #18
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

I need to buy the first season of 24, since Bittorrent isn't an option.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #19
banditcom
FFR Player

So... is the next episode the final until it picks back up sometime next year to continue the rest of the season (like how they used to do with 24/etc)?

It's getting really good.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:10 PM   #20
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I didn't watch tonights (yet)... but I was under the impression that the end of season 1 was next monday... and at the end of next monday's episode they'll step outside the prison walls.

And then in 6 months or so (Aug or sept), season 2 will start and it will be about their adventures outside the walls... who goes where, the mob relations, staying under the radar so they don't get shipped back to jail... etc etc.

But, I could be completely wrong... I'd imagine tonights episode would give a pretty good feel as to whether they'll actually make it outside the walls in another 42 minutes.