Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 12:15 PM   #1
cuckoo1000
FFR Player

Default Gameboy Advance SP!?!

They are making a new version of the gameboy advance! It's a smaller, fold-out style, with a backlight (finally), a internal battery (yay! No more spending cash on energizers!) plus, it looks pretty darn cool. I just want to know what you guys think about it, or have even heard of it. It should come out sometime in march costing around $99.99 a little pricey. But you'll be saving money from buying stupid batteries
Old 01-19-2003, 06:04 PM   #2
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

linkage
Old 01-19-2003, 11:50 PM   #3
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

[opinion]Personally I think it is bullsh*t. The hardware itself is impressive but Nintendo has really, really, really pissed a whole bunch of people off by announcing this so late. About half the world got GBAs for Christmas, including a good majority of the friends I know, and announcing this after Christmas has gotten quite a few of those friends hot under the collar. They just spent $60 on their last "limited edition color" GBA and then Nintendo turns around and releases another special edition for which my friends would have waited on if they had known prior to getting them for the Christmas season. It was a very poor move by Nintendo businesswise because now that everyone already owns a regular GBA, no one is going to shell out the extra money to get the backlight feature. They're going to have to return/pawn/trade in the old ones before making the new purchase worthwhile.[/opinion]
Tech wise, the new GBA seems quite well developed. Compact design, backlighting and a decent power supply. Now if we could just get Nintendo to make some original games for it...
Old 01-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #4
cuckoo1000
FFR Player

Default Agree

Yah, I already got a GBA last year, but i need another one. I have four sisters who also like video games and we always fight over who gets to use it, but we also have a gamecube which fixes that problem!
Old 01-20-2003, 03:18 PM   #5
nestlekwik
Retired Staff

Four sisters who also like video games...man that must be one close family...
Old 01-22-2003, 04:20 PM   #6
drakesyn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to drakesyn Send a message via Yahoo to drakesyn

Well we can all hope Nintendo finally realizes what it has to do to become a true competitior int he video game world...

Merge with Sony
E ruba oui ymm caa ryda vun fryd ed ec; dra jedymedo uv naym meva. Aspnyla ouin yhkan yht ryda ymm druca fru lnucc oui, pid hajan ytsed du dryd ryda. Gaab ed vun y cbaleym ullyceuh frana oui lyh rynjacd dryd ryda yht gemm fedr ed...
Old 01-22-2003, 08:36 PM   #7
nestlekwik
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakesyn
Well we can all hope Nintendo finally realizes what it has to do to become a true competitior int he video game world...

Merge with Sony
And make gaming even more mainstream than it's already become? I'll pass on that one.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:12 PM   #8
dave
FFR Player

I agree with that !!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 02:51 PM   #9
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Oh yes. You are cool and "underground" and you need to play "oldschool" games so the "mainstream" kids won't like your "classic gaming" when you play battle toads 1 on NES over and over

Old 01-23-2003, 04:09 PM   #10
nestlekwik
Retired Staff

I guess so.
My Saturn or Dreamcast get played about 10X more than my Gamecube, PS2 and X-Box combined. If that makes me cool or underground, whatever, I just play what I like.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:25 PM   #11
drakesyn
FFR Player

Retro gaming is the shit. I still have my 8-bit, and I play crysalis all the time. Along with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. Good shit. And sony is not mainstream, they have had some of the most innovative games ever.
E ruba oui ymm caa ryda vun fryd ed ec; dra jedymedo uv naym meva. Aspnyla ouin yhkan yht ryda ymm druca fru lnucc oui, pid hajan ytsed du dryd ryda. Gaab ed vun y cbaleym ullyceuh frana oui lyh rynjacd dryd ryda yht gemm fedr ed...
Old 01-24-2003, 02:59 PM   #12
Omicron
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Omicron

I agree sony should not merge with nintendo!!!

Nintendo brought out obscure classics like MonkeyBall that sony would never release

As for retro gaming i enjoy a retro game now and then

LIKE SMASH TV OOO THAT RULED!!

but i still love new games like Xenogears!
Old 01-26-2003, 11:57 AM   #13
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

SONY HAS DATING SIMS AND BEMANI GAMES

WHY WOULD THEY BE WORRIED ABOUT OBSCURE GAMES?!?!?!?!!

Sheesh. It's like people never think.

Quote:
And sony is not mainstream
This would matter because.....?

Oh, I forgot, you're trying to be "old school" and "underground"
Old 01-26-2003, 03:55 PM   #14
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

Quote:
And sony is not mainstream, they have had some of the most innovative games ever.
Hehe, Sony is MAINSTREAM. It's the most mainstream out there. Name one, totally awesome game that Sony developed (not published).
Old 01-27-2003, 11:09 AM   #15
drakesyn
FFR Player

First off, I'm not trying to 'be' anything. Second, I can admit when I'm defeated. I admit that sony sucks for innovation on their game development front. but they own some of the best development companies. Square/EA/Enix ring a bell?
Old 01-28-2003, 04:44 AM   #16
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Squares only good series right now is the mana series. FF went to crap a long time ago and kingdom hearts was too easy.

EA I can't really say much on right now, since I've really never been a big fan of their games

Enix has always been a neutral company. They continue to make "old school" RPGs, but this is not always a good thing, because dragon warrior VII got older than a grannys foot in less than a week. Maybe in this merge we'll finally see something good (A combination of legend of mana and dragon warrior.. that would sure be the day)

My favorite companies have been for a while:

1) Konami. I own a lot of their stuff and THEY ALWAYS make games that are replayable. Hell even suikoden, they get you with that 108 stars thing, and everyone knows RPGs are like the most unreplayable games known to man. I have wasted hundreds of hours on bemani (pop'n, IIDX, DDR) and their games are ALWAYS fun. ALWAYS. They don't get boring for me. And they are consistant with their releases, they release a new mix like every 10 months of EVERY kind of bemani except the stuff that noone cares about because it died (DMX, PPP) in japan a long while ago. They don't make false claims about their release dates like some companys I know (SONIC TEAM, CHRIST I HATE SONIC TEAM, SEGA, AND SOMETIMES NINTENDO)

2) Capcom.

Why?

Why you ask?

They made breath of fire III. My favorite RPG ever.
Old 02-2-2003, 08:49 PM   #17
Anonymous
FFR Player

Er... Square's making games for Nintendo systems (see here) and Square now owns Enix. I'm not so sure about Sony "owning" EA, either. I think I see what you're saying, though - PS2 is popular, and so a lot of the popular games come out for that system.
Getting back to the topic of this post, I think the GBA SP is really cool, but I'm not shelling out a hundred bucks for a new system when I've got my original GBA (with a Worm Light and a pair of rechargable batteries) right here. I am kinda annoyed that I paid $90 for the old GBA in July 2002 - but I guess that's the way videogames go.
Old 02-2-2003, 08:51 PM   #18
ragingmime
FFR Player

Whoops. Sorry, that was me... I somehow wound up logging myself out before I posted.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:49 AM   #19
dave
FFR Player

I Love SOINC but capcom is good

*EDIT: Don't be attacking people when they're not here to defend themselves.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:05 PM   #20
gothicakira
FFR Player

Default One word

ok for that person who wanted to know one badass game from sony developed not published is The Ledgen of Dragoon one of the top 10 rpgs for the playstation i just cant wait for the ps2 sequal~~
Closed Thread