Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 03:01 AM   #1
Pikester666
FFR Player

Default Help on making simfiles

I've got everything down almost, but just 1 semi-big problems and a tiny problem.

Semi-big: THe problem is that i CAN NOT sync the beats with the arrows. I use MixMeister BPM analyzer to find my BPM. So is this the Analyer's problem, or is it human error? And if it is the Analyer's problem, got any suggestions which one i should use? And if it's my problem..., any idea what i have to do to fix it?

Tiny Problem: Quick question, Is there a shortcut key for the "Play Selection" option?

Thanks in advance
Pikester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
mysticsnake
FFR Player

If the song has BPM changes, MixMeister tends to get the wrong BPM a lot of the time. I never got MixMeister to accurately get the BPM for me, so I just use WinBPM (google it). All you have to do is tap the spacebar to the beat, and it should give you a rough idea of the BPM (round off to the nearest beat).

If it still isn't synced correctly, then make sure the gap is okay. Go in the editor and put it on .3x music rate (in music options I think), and see where the first beat is. Line it up so that as the first beat plays, the white line coming up the screen is in the middle of the arrows on top. If it's too late, I think it's F11 which makes it come earlier, if it's too early, F12 makes it come later. After hitting F11/12 see if it's any closer to the middle of the arrows.

That works for me, someone else may have another suggestion.
mysticsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #3
Pikester666
FFR Player

Thx, helped ALOT.
Only thing is that i can't get WinBPM to work... oh well guess I'm stuck with MixMeister
Pikester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
Nemmy
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Nemmy Send a message via MSN to Nemmy

http://javascript.internet.com/calcu...t-counter.html
Old 09-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #5
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

i cant get Winbpm to work plus, i cant figure out the beat of the song because its so weird so i cant find the bpm. if someone would please pm and talk to me on aim or something about it that would be helpful
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:04 PM   #6
T0rajir0u
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Screw BPM analyzers. You know how I do it? I take out a watch, and I count beats until 30 seconds have passed, and then I multiply that by two. Then I just mess around with the gap and tweak the BPM a little while playing the song on 0.3x with Assist Tick on until it's perfectly synced. (You should also manually time when the beat starts to find a rough estimate of the gap.) (Also, fill the stepfile with all beats: 40404040, etc.)

Takes longer, but it works great and there's no computer error.

If the song doesn't have a consistent BPM, don't bother trying to sync a stepfile to it, it's too much effort until you get better at writing stepfiles for steady songs.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
super-smashman
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to super-smashman

Yeah, the easiest way would be to guess and then fine tune the gap/bpm in SM untill you get it perfect.