Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
Greenbum
FFR Player

Default Pursuasive argument ideas

Hi guys, I was hoping someone could help me with comming up with an idea for a pursuasive speech. I'm a bit stuck for ideas and I need to write it before I go away.

One idea I have come up with is the issue of the parents being *wrongly* prosecuted for thier children downloading movies/music illegally. I can say it is bureaucracy gone mad; but I'm looking for an issue more applicable to the general public and maybe people tried to ignore.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
>Bum
Greenbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:01 PM   #2
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default RE: Pursuasive argument ideas

*Moved to Critical Thinking*

You'll get a better response in this forum... I'd offer an idea, but i'm late for work.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:36 PM   #3
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

How about parents blaming the media for their children's violent attitudes instead of their poor parenting skills?
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #4
stlunatic0124
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

whether video games have a negative effect on children or not...wrote a 10 page paper on that for english 101, got an A
Old 06-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #5
Greenbum
FFR Player

I like where you're heading jewpinthe3rd, something to do with the media is what I'm looking for.
Personally, I think video games effect on children has been done to death, thanks for the idea anyway, lunatic. btw, Well done on the A.

keep 'em comming guys
Old 06-23-2005, 10:25 PM   #6
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Maybe you should learn to spell "persuasive" first.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 10:50 PM   #7
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Here's a good topic: Why the electoral college should be thrown out and replaced with a more representative electoral system... You'd have to do research on the other methods, though.

Mal

PS: Moogy, bugger off. You didn't get 8000+ posts by being the king of the spelling bee.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:06 PM   #8
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

ya i did lol

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:17 AM   #9
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

When you say persuasive speech, does that mean you are actually going to read it out loud, or is it just a paper?

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:44 AM   #10
FlashStinger
FFR Player

If you want media, try this: Media becoming more and more lax towards violence and Sex and how it affects our children. What used to be rated R is now an easy PG. IDK about where you live, but here in Maine Sexual education is starting in Kindergarten. Many people belive that kids are learning about sex and doing it much earlier in life because of the media. The amount of people losing their virginity before they are even teenagers or in highschool is skyrocketing. You could play the more conservative side if your teacher is a republican and say this is bad, or you can play the more liberal side if your teacher is a democrat. According to recent studies, teachers who agree with a viewpoint tend to grade it higher than a viewpoint they don't agree with. This topic could easily be a large scale topic that hasn't really been addressed that often. Sub topic to this could be swearing on tv, and how censoring is being relaxed much much more, along with more sex on TV.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:58 AM   #11
DDRAngel
FFR Player

You should do it on something you are passionate about
with a gorgeous redhead.
Lucille Ball
DDRAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 06:00 AM   #12
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

About the language censorship on TV, it's getting more tight assed. You can't say asshole, because they bleap out hole, you can't say God dammit, they bleap out God. You used to be allowed to say those things. And video game violence doesn't cause a kid to go out and kill someone. It's the parents fault for showing the kid difference between virual reality and reality. All that the R rated movies and M rated video games do are promote violence that desensitises you consinderably. Doesn't mean you won't go out and shoot cops and steal cars, but makes you less susceptable for being sickened by blood, guts, gore, etc.
And about the illegally downloading of music. Make CDs cheaper. If they're cheaper, more people could buy them. I'm not going to waste $20 for a CD I might not like. So I ask a friend just to copy a couple songs by the other, and check it out. Then if I like it, I'll wait about 3 years until the price drops to about $15 and then I go and buy it. I seriously think CDs should cost less than $15. $20 is too much.
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:39 PM   #13
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Quote:
And about the illegally downloading of music. Make CDs cheaper. If they're cheaper, more people could buy them.
Not if there's an even cheaper choice. That choice is illegal downloading. Why is illegal downloading illegal? Because it is protecting the property of the producer. Basically, what you are doing when you download illegally is stealing from the artist.

Quote:
I'm not going to waste $20 for a CD I might not like. So I ask a friend just to copy a couple songs by the other, and check it out.
They had a system for trying out songs before you buy the album. It was called "radio."

Quote:
Then if I like it, I'll wait about 3 years until the price drops to about $15 and then I go and buy it. I seriously think CDs should cost less than $15. $20 is too much.
But lots of people will buy them at $20 because they value it at more than that. Pretty much, by buying the CD, you're saying "I'm ok with the price and it should be kept that way." If you want the price of CDs to fall, don't buy any until they're low. This does not mean, go steal the songs from the CD.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 01:16 PM   #14
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

The only songs I ask for are the hit one on the radio, and a couple of them that aren't in the radio. I know of a couple of bands who have great radio songs but everything else sucks. And CDs for single songs are like $6. But whatever. My friend stopped doing it, and I have stopped listening to music other than what I have already and some techno(well lots really).
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:29 PM   #15
gardyloo
FFR Player

Why society is overmedicated