Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
ad0gg
FFR Player

Default I don't understand it

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/new...l/11438990.htm

Why? Why would someone do something like this? It's one thing to take your own life, but why would you kill someone else? I go to the same school as she did and although I did not know her very well, most of my friends knew her very well. I was at school when this happened, just about to play a lacrosse game. I did not hear the gunshots, but my neighbor, who was practicing just across the street from where it happened, did hear them. And she was completely terrified.

I just don't get it.

EDIT: I think you might have to sign up to view the article, so here it is:
Quote:
Alana MacNeil, 15, tried to hide from her stepfather as he fired his shotgun - nearly a dozen times - inside her Phoenixville home during an after-school rampage, police said.

But Thomas Conroy, 44, spotted the Phoenixville High School sophomore in a basement bedroom and killed her, then himself, police said.

"It seems like he was shooting up the place until he found her," said Phoenixville Acting Chief Lt. William Mossman. Police said Conroy had fired at least 10 shotgun blasts throughout the house.

Minutes later, Conroy shot and killed himself as a swarm of cops and a SWAT team surrounded the house on Lincoln Avenue near City Line across the street from the high school.

Parents, students and teachers heard the shots, and then watched the surreal standoff yards away from the classrooms.

Police say Conroy's rage had been focused on his ex-wife, Alana's mother, Caroline Conroy, who was not home during his shooting rampage. The two had a 2-year-old together who was away with a baby-sitter.

Cops said the couple recently separated.

But "they were still having problems," Mossman said.

Thomas Conroy was living in Willow Grove after the divorce. Police said he used to be a lawyer but was disbarred a few years ago.

Mossman said the Conroys had been arguing heatedly yesterday, prompting Thomas Conroy's surprise deadly visit.

He was so enraged that when Alana refused to open the door, he shot through the locks, police said.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:04 PM   #2
pntballa18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to pntballa18 Send a message via Skype™ to pntballa18
Default RE: I don

I dont know. Some people are mentaly unstable. Its always different.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
msbrunnettemickey
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to msbrunnettemickey Send a message via MSN to msbrunnettemickey

I read that, and i can't believe a father, would want to kill his own daughter.

There was a similer story, but the killed ended up to be 12, that killed his whole family from having a mental problem.

I am sorry.

בקצה השמיים, ובסוף המדבר, יש מקום רחוק מלא פרחי בר
מקום קטן, עלוב ומשוגע, מקום רחוק מקום לדאגה
יש אומרים שם שמשיקרה וחושבים אל כל מה שקרה
אלוהים שם יושב ורואה ושומר אל כל משברא
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
אסור לקטוף את פרחי הגן
ודואג ודואג נורא
msbrunnettemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
ladyfire267
FFR Player

i agree with you ad0gg i don't know why too even though one of my friends killed herself cause of family problems and i agree
why would they risk their own life that i don't know.
ladyfire267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:47 AM   #5
kitkatjessika
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to kitkatjessika Send a message via MSN to kitkatjessika Send a message via Yahoo to kitkatjessika

This girl was actually a friend of mine, and her brother is among my best friends.

http://web.wxyz.com/news/0312091701.html

The worst part is, a couple girls that I know, Megan and her older sister, who were friends of Jeremy and jealous of Ashleigh all along, drove Jeremy down to Hammtramck to hide out right afterwards, and in my opinion played a huge gigantic part in her death. I don't currently remember the details to lay them out in front of you, as it was a year and a half ago, but it's a very convincing story. I heard the gunshots from this because I was at a friends house right down the road, and I had actually seen them earlier that evening. It was really sad.
kitkatjessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #6
B3NJ1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to B3NJ1 Send a message via MSN to B3NJ1 Send a message via Yahoo to B3NJ1

omg, thats ungodly sad. Shook me up a little bit. How the hell could people celebrate. ******s
Old 04-22-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
Mindfields
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mindfields Send a message via Yahoo to Mindfields

4 words.
The world is corrupt.
There are angry people, desperate people, sad people, dramatic people, you name it, there's a person for that.
It's sad that the world and life altogether is like this. When people are left out, they, for instance, shoot their selves back in. What happened to equal rights? Should equal attention be one of the rights given to all Americans?
Just keep your doors locked and cover them with bulletproof vests.
Mindfields is offline   Reply With Quote