New York Jets 8-3 1 6.25%
Indianapolis Colts 2 12.50%
Other 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 01:01 PM   #1
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Best SuperBowl Chances

What team do you think has the best chance to win the superbowl?
Old 11-29-2004, 01:10 PM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: Best SuperBowl Chances

heh... i'd list the chargers over the jets...

but, as i'm a diehard eagles fan, obviously... go Birds.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:11 PM   #3
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Green Bay. You never know.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:13 PM   #4
Musical_Master
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Musical_Master

Patriots all the way!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:14 PM   #5
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

The Pats are my team (next to the Cowboys, of course, but they aren't going anywhere), so I'm going for them, and I think they'll take the AFC.

Unfortunately, the Eagles look like they're going all the way, and at least the NFC will be theirs.

I don't see anyone else in the super bowl, so I'm getting all ready for the big Patriots/Eagles game.

God, I hate the Eagles...

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #6
Omegix
free tsutter
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Omegix Send a message via MSN to Omegix

Colts.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:23 PM   #7
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Ravens.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:46 PM   #8
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Home team bias dictates Patriots over Eagles. It needs to happen eventually, and this year looks really good for Philly.

The only team I worry about breaking this up is the Steelers because they've already shown they're fully capable of doing so. The Colts can't go into Gilette or Heinz and win for the life of them, and Atlanta has an on-and-off-ense despite Vick being at the helm (look at what Kansas City did to them - on BOTH sides of the ball).

No other teams will matter, not even the Chargers, though it's good to see them doing well.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:24 PM   #9
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

PHILLYYYYYYY.

GO RAMS YEAHH. =/

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:50 PM   #10
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: RE: Best SuperBowl Chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
heh... i'd list the chargers over the jets...

You can check the scores but im pretty sure the jets have already beaten the Chargers, so saying that you would put them ahead of the jets makes no sense.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:56 PM   #11
Ignite
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Ignite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QreepyBORIS
PHILLYYYYYYY.

GO RAMS YEAHH. =/
Philly is the Eagles. And yeah I vote Philly or New England.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:01 PM   #12
Tps222
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignite
Quote:
Originally Posted by QreepyBORIS
PHILLYYYYYYY.

GO RAMS YEAHH. =/
Philly is the Eagles. And yeah I vote Philly or New England.

Yea, i think boris was saying that he thinks the eagles wiil win, but he's a rams fan, i don't think he's saying there the philly rams, but then again i could be wrong.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:02 PM   #13
emccky
Banned
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to emccky Send a message via MSN to emccky

Patriots all the way.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:34 PM   #14
fusi0n
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fusi0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegix
Colts.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:42 PM   #15
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

TPS... i don't care that the Jets beat the Chargers 34-28 in week 2. the jets went 5-0 to start and are 3-3 since. the chargers started 3-3 and have gone 5-0 since. its called momentum. right now, the chargers look MUCH better than the jets. its all about the addition of Keenan McCardell that helped the team gel together plus Drew Brees having his job put into jeopardy.

right now, i'm not even sure the jets will make the playoffs. especially since Chad Pennington is injured. yes, Quincy Carter has gone 2-1 so far, but look at their remaining schedule... its VERY difficult, with games against both the Pats and Steelers.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:46 PM   #16
Tps222
FFR Player

Quote:
TPS... i don't care that the Jets beat the Chargers 34-28 in week 2. the jets went 5-0 to start and are 3-3 since. the chargers started 3-3 and have gone 5-0 since. its called momentum. right now, the chargers look MUCH better than the jets. its all about the addition of Keenan McCardell that helped the team gel together plus Drew Brees having his job put into jeopardy.

right now, i'm not even sure the jets will make the playoffs. especially since Chad Pennington is injured. yes, Quincy Carter has gone 2-1 so far, but look at their remaining schedule... its VERY difficult, with games against both the Pats and Steelers.

Yes, i understand momentum plays a big factor in a team's performance, but the jets have as u said gone 2-1 without Penningotn, now he's questionable for this weeks game at the texans, but he might play, it's a game time decision, personally i think it would be better if he played this week because also as u said, they have the steelers, after the texans, and quarterback is alll about rythym, but then again you don't want to get him hurt. So assuming that hopefully the jets win this week against the texans, and the chargers beat the broncos, the jets and chargers will both become 9-3. Pennington will be back for the steelers, oats rams and seahawks, so they should be able to salavge a bit of the end of the season, especially facing the choking seahawks. Also, if the chargers win, it will but the broncos a game and a half behind the jets. so the only team close to winning the wild card will be the ravens. I do know that the ravens did beat the jets earlier, but there a game behind, losing to the pats last week, so the jets can lose 1 game, and make the playoffs, and 2 games depending on how the other teams do. Now that i think about it they could miss the playoffs and win 11 games, which show how strong the afc is. This reminds me of basketball, Western conference is dominant (AFC) and the Eastern sucks(NFC). You can be 5-6 and still be in the playoff hunt. The two ONLY legit teams are the Eagles and Falcons, and i think if the falcons can win out from here, they have a legitimete shot at beating the eagles, matching up nicely with them. As for the AFC, the colts score a million points, but also give that much up with a non-existant defense.The steelers probably have the most momentum and confidence right now, but i expect will have a hard time against the patriots, assuming they make the afc championship, with a healthy patriot defense, as in their corners, and corey dillon,(remember, last time they didn't have him when they lost). Making for two very good championship games. As much as a jets fan in am, i don't think they will go too far in the playoffs, but it will build confindence for them next year, and they can disrupt some games. Their defense is young and inexeperineced, but are fast and can make things happen. Giving them some time will make them become better, and hopefully there will be a healthy Pennington next year. As for the chargers, if it wasn't for Peyton Manning i would vote Drew Brees as this years MVP. Obvisioulsy having his best year, but then again its his contarct year so that may have motivated him. Also strong canidates would be Donavan McNabb and T.O. All in all, the jets will be fine, so will the chargers and philly, so theres no point in argueing any of them, and frankly i would be afraind of the falcons.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #17
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

the falcons have had a fairly weak schedule, overall. they are 2-0 vs teams with winning records, but they've only played TWO teams with a winning record. they are 7-2 against losing teams. also, their margin of victory is terrible. just look at the game against the saints on sunday. they scored 10 points in the final few minutes to come back and win. the saints are flat out awful.

i am most worried about green bay. it will be a very interesting test this week when GB goes to PHI.

and, i'll stick to my statement that the Jets may not even make the playoffs. they are in a good position currently to do so, but you have to assume they will lose to both pittsburgh and new england, giving them a minimum of 5 losses. if they wind up 10-6, they will not make the playoffs. 11-5 may not even be good enough. time will tell. and the Denver v San Diego game this week is very important. Jets fans should be rooting loudly for the Chargers.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:15 PM   #18
ddrking133
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddrking133 Send a message via MSN to ddrking133

GO FALCONS! FALCONS GONNA WIN IT! THEY MY HOMETEAM THEY RULE
Old 11-30-2004, 02:36 PM   #19
Tps222
FFR Player

Quote:
the falcons have had a fairly weak schedule, overall. they are 2-0 vs teams with winning records, but they've only played TWO teams with a winning record. they are 7-2 against losing teams. also, their margin of victory is terrible. just look at the game against the saints on sunday. they scored 10 points in the final few minutes to come back and win. the saints are flat out awful.

i am most worried about green bay. it will be a very interesting test this week when GB goes to PHI.

and, i'll stick to my statement that the Jets may not even make the playoffs. they are in a good position currently to do so, but you have to assume they will lose to both pittsburgh and new england, giving them a minimum of 5 losses. if they wind up 10-6, they will not make the playoffs. 11-5 may not even be good enough. time will tell. and the Denver v San Diego game this week is very important. Jets fans should be rooting loudly for the Chargers.

Yes i agree, the chargers do need to win this week, beating denver will probably put them out of the playoffs and away from the jets. Green Bay's defense, mostly their secondary, is a little weak, and ahman green fumbles a lot, so i think the eagles will be ok. Also, you dont give the saints enough credit, though they are horrible at times there good, then the next week their bad. They are very unpredictable, but lately they have been bad. You can't count the falcons out when they have vick. If he has the offense going smoothly, then the defense follows. I mean look Vick might rush for a 1000 yards this year, as a QB! I think with a healthy Pennington the jets have a legit shot at beating either the patriots or steelers, having a smart accurate qb, and a hall-of-fame runningback in Curtis Martin. They can slowly but surely work away at the stellers rock solid D. Same strategy can be used against the pats. Even though the steelres have more talent on offense, the pats play as a team very well, they have great chemistry, but no offense to the ground game of the steelres, but corey dillon is a powerhouse running, so they will pobably run a lot, but the jets have the best front four in all football. And a great rookie LB in Vilma. The steelers, though, are a bit more balanced, they got speed running in Staley, power in Bettis, and a gret pasiing game with Rothelisberger ward and burress. That will be a tough offense to stop, but then again Staley might not play, and the new englands corners may not play, they have a gay bnamed Earthwind as their corner,"o no, dont sing me one of your songs Earthy, i might plugg my ears and drop the ball" right. The jets should and will be fine, but wont make it anywhere too far, making as i said earlier, 2 very good Championship games, but a blowout superbowl, by the AFC, seeing that the Eagles havent beat anynone good.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:09 PM   #20
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

dude, please use paragraphs. its very difficult to read your whole posts.

will Ahman Green be playing? he was out this week with an injury, and Davenport started. ran for 178 yards. he'll be a pain in the ass for the Eagles, as he's 240 pounds. a power runner like Bettis.

Yes, Vick will probably run for 1000 yards, but doesn't that tell you something by itself? they have no run game if their best runner is their QB. the Eagles weak point is run defense. and Vick really isn't that great of a quarterback, just very mobile. i'm definately more worried about GB than ATL, and i look forward to playing them this sunday.