Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 11:43 AM   #1
USArmy1345
FFR Player

Default Why do people degrade others for no reason??

Why is it that people like to degrade other that aren't like them, it's just not right, at least to me. It just not right either, I dont even do that, unless they start it up to me.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #2
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default RE: Why do people degrade others for no reason??

Personal pleasure.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i would imagine there is alot of that in the army. ::shrugs:: i'd say its mostly to inflate one's ego at the expense of others. or, its a sign of acceptance.

i wouldn't call a random fat kid fat... but one of my closest friends tips in at over 300, and its acceptable for our circle to call him fat or huge or super sized, cause he has things to say about us, and we know its not meant to hurt.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
buttonkiller
FFR Player

Some people pretend to not be hurt but you never know. Like me i pretend not to care but i really do care alot. So you shouldnt take that kind of gamble. Someone may get hurt. Also' it doesnt matter how you meant it it matters how they interpreted it.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:51 PM   #5
Aedak
FFR Player

Default Re: Why do people degrade others for no reason??

Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmy1345
Why is it that people like to degrade other that aren't like them, it's just not right, at least to me. It just not right either, I dont even do that, unless they start it up to me.
Like, when you went into FFR Chat 30 minutes ago and asked "where are all the hot ladies?"
Old 11-23-2004, 12:53 PM   #6
buttonkiller
FFR Player

delete this post
Old 11-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #7
dragoncaneofdoom
FFR Player

Default RE: Re: Why do people degrade others for no reason??

To lower other people's visage to other people to make themselves look better/more "secure".

An idiot is a window washer on the 47th floor who steps back to admire his work.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:21 PM   #8
ViVre
FFR Player

it's lack of acceptance as well. for example, in my head, someone who wears chobit ears to school drawing ^_^ kekeke KIMCHI KOREAN HUNG FOI FUNG CHOI all over his book, with pictures pasted all over his binder like Kilgamayan's signature, sticks out so much here, it's bound to get some degradeness. I personally am not gay, but i can understand all the BS they're getting from the world and bush when you see them being voted NO you cant marry NO you cant be in the army etc... it's pretty much how you've been raised... i still have a grandpa that will not cannot stand seeing the asian people because of world war II [for all of you that forgot, japan were the ones that got us in the war by pearl harbor]

short version: indifferences and diversity is why there will always lead to degrading. freedom of speech isnt everywhere, shouldnt you feel happy they can flame?
Old 11-23-2004, 02:23 PM   #9
aleco
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to aleco

Because humankind is imperfect.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
Wayfaerer_
FFR Player

Its a way to release your stress and frusteration, at the expense of others. People somethimes do that to me, but im not one of the people that gets bothered by it.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:00 PM   #11
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default Re: Why do people degrade others for no reason??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedak
Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmy1345
Like, when you went into FFR Chat 30 minutes ago and asked "where are all the hot ladies?"
Ah, I spy a hypocrite.

People mainly degrade or make fun of others because they are insecure about themselves. (Who hasn't heard this?) It makes them feel better. Some people also do it to act or look "cool" according to a certain group that believes it's not bad to pick on someone they don't find acceptable. As hard as we may try to be rid of this, I don't think it will ever go away. But, then again, the solution to the problem might start with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:32 AM   #12
ramonesfan
FFR Player

I beleive it can also happen when someone feels threatened. I can't really think of an example right now,I just had one in my head but it went away, but just try that one out too.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:56 AM   #13
RobbyZero
FFR Player

They think it's cool that's why, when obviously it's not. Retards like that need to learn how to develop kindness and decency.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:57 PM   #14
space_boye
FFR Player

I think Robby is right, and I also believe it is because they have some personal conflict or find some deep personal flaw.

What really bothers me is the insult "gay". It has become so mainstream that it used out of context and carries with it none of it's original meaning. For example, someone in my Lit class yesterday got a quiz back and he had a poor mark, so he responded with "Man, this is so gay". Is he homophobic? no. Is he gay? I don't think so. So what is that all about? I just don't get it.

As well, racial stereotyping is generally used when someone is threatened by change or a new lifestyle they have never experienced before. Luckily where I live, this isn't such a huge problem, but it still happens.

Bullying bothers me.

-bye
Old 11-30-2004, 09:40 AM   #15
drunkenfool
FFR Player

because they want to
Old 11-30-2004, 12:24 PM   #16
revolution_mastr
FFR Player

stinken predugests why do u all do that? what point is there to hate a jew just because ur mom and dad do? all u predugests should ask ur selves why u do. its really pointless to just downgrade some other just because u dont like the color of there skin. bullying is an issure too i used to get bullyed cause i was short. now i just laught at those times cause they where just pointless to me.

stuped predugests!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:48 PM   #17
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

dude... this is the Critical Thinking forum. that means use your brain before posting. learn to spell, please. also, the nature of this post wasn't racially or ethnically based, yet that is what you jump to.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:21 PM   #18
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Hmm.

What if we're prejudiced against stupid people?
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:07 PM   #19
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

That's right, revolution_mastr, this is a forum full of racist. We all HATE you stupid jews, for no reason of course. We are prejudiced! We know how to spell!

Oh, wait a second, a full quarter of the major members are Jewish. And last time I checked, this site was not www.stormfront.org .

So what were you thinking?

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:10 PM   #20
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Qreepy really hates them Jews.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Closed Thread