Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 06-5-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default [6key] Solo Rulz Pack 4 RELEASED

Click banner to download

Important note: I DID NOT do any difficulty rating revisions, because it was such a subjectively tedious task, so I've included a folder called "~nps graphs" that highlights every song and difficulty.

A lot of people disagreed with my fudged difficulty ratings of the previous packs when I had THOROUGHLY played every single file and difficulty and used my own scores as anchor points, so it's pretty fucking pointless to do the same thing again when everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.

Can you believe that it's been 2 full years since I released Solo Japan & Rulz 3?

File Queue: 69
Feel free to use song list below if you'd like to chip in reviews.

Analog Sky (Patashu)
anesthesia (Kinx)
Angelus (Patashu)
Around The World (Kinx)
Ask to Wind (MayB)
Big Ship (blaziken)
BonBon (Kinx)
Burnt Rice (Kinx)
Candy Drops (Kinx)
Circus Galop (Leo137)
City Lights Feat. EVO+, Jinmenusagi (Kinx)
Clumsy Night (Shenjoku)
Cosmic Fantastic Lovesong (MayB)
Counselor (Kommisar)
Cynthia (IcyWorld)
DANGO MY ***** (Kinx)
EDM Jumpers (Malice)
Fallen Angel (MayB)
First Kiss (MayB)
Future Candy (Malice)
GHOST (Malice)
Happico Happico (Leo137)
Here And There (Kinx)
Honey♥Trap (Kinx)
Infinite Funk (Kinx & MacGravel)
INSECTICIDE (Kommisar)
Intermezzo, Op. 118, No. 2 in A major (Kinx)
Kakushinteki*Metamaruphose! (LongGone)
K-Pop Culture 2015 (Kinx)
Late Night (lurker)
Librarian's Waltz (Pii-f)
Loki (Leo137)
Looking For A New Adventure (Kinx)
Love10 (Kinx)
LUVORATORRRRRY! (Kinx)
MAGIC & LOVE (blaziken)
Marble Soda (Kinx)
Missing You (Skelif)
Moestep (Malice)
Neko Atsume no Theme (Gundam-Dude)
Oedo Controller (feat. TORIENA) (Kinx)
OH SHIT I'M FEELING IT (Kinx)
Okurahomadokamikisa (Gundam-Dude)
Onna Kotoba no Soushitsu (porkypink)
OrBiTal (MayB)
Pastel Subliminal (Layne)
PICO PICO RABBIT (Malice)
Progression (Skelif)
Ruby of Mystic (Malice)
Secret (MayB)
Shelter (lemz)
Spitting Skin (Skelif)
Sudden Death (Layne)
The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky (LongGone)
The Clockwork Rose (Kinx)
The Clockwork Rose (Instrumental) (Kinx)
The Wight to Remain (Malice)
Toaru Itsumo Wo (Hazelnut)
TOMOYO (Kinx)
Tori no Uta -Remix- (Gundam-Dude)
Touch the Sky feat. acharu (Kinx)
Triple Journey -TAG EDITION- (lurker)
Ultimate Cavity Construction Worker Excavation Chu (Kommisar)
Uprising Satellite (Kommisar)
Versatile (Patashu)
VERTeX (LongGone)
X-treme Grade (Derpus)
Youthful (Kinx)
'IDOLA' have the immortal feather (Kinx)

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Default Re: [6key] Solo Rulz Pack 4 RELEASED

I was supposed to release this before AN 2017 but I slacked and sat on this for no reason oop. Everything was done (except difficulty ratings) since April, lol.

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 06-5-2017 at 11:44 AM..
Old 06-5-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

solol rulz

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

There goes my day off.
Kinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

gay
Old 06-5-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Damnit now where am I going to send all of my brand new solo files

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

On the other hand, at least now I have more solo to play!

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 06-5-2017 at 04:03 PM..
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2017, 04:59 PM   #8
Kinx
Replicaaaaaaaa!
FFR Simfile Author

These are my initial impressions on most of these songs. Overall, this is a fantastic pack. Tons of stepping variety from all of the simfile authors. This will certainly tide me over until the next solo pack.

Analog Sky (Patashu) - Interesting how you kept the file fresh by cycling the patterns on some of the repetitive portions of the song. I enjoyed how you layered nicely through the 32nds and progressively more with the 8th chords.
anesthesia (Kinx) - Really an experiment with vocal pitch changes, BPM fluctuations, and sub-beat usage. Turned out alright, I think. Maybe could have been layered more.
Angelus (Patashu) - Fuck yes, I'm so glad this file is finished because I love this song. Some parts, I felt like you could've layered more to make it more interesting, but it seems intentional since this was in your WIP beginner pack so it's not really a big deal. Maybe I'm just biased with this song lol.
Around The World (Kinx) - I liked how this turned out.
Ask to Wind (MayB) - Super balanced file. Loved the way you stepped this. The chained mini-jacks felt a little awkward to hit, but it def wasn't a big hindrance.
Big Ship (blaziken) - Awkward chordstream dump file. I'm going to go by subjective fun factor for this file and not technicality since there wasn't much of it. There wasn't a lot going for it aside from blatant dumping. The [13][123][12]-type chords should've been readjusted. I suggest playing solo more and revisiting stepping solo to see what you can do differently.
BonBon (Kinx) - Straightforward. I should've stepped the last section a little differently.
Burnt Rice (Kinx) - Also straightforward. A lot of stepping gymnastics here because I didn't want many weird patterns to arise from the short bursts on top of the 16th stream.
Candy Drops (Kinx) - This kinda stepped itself which was nice considering the amount of 32nds in the song.
Circus Galop (Leo137) - Pretty much a dump, but that's what this file was trying to accomplish. As far as pattern usage goes, it's pretty bland and tried to stay within a safer stepping realm despite it being a dump, which was weird. It could've been more interesting if you tried to... I guess intertwine more of the doubles instead of just, you know, [12][34][56].
City Lights Feat. EVO+, Jinmenusagi (Kinx) - The 24th on C6 turned into a bad habit for me so maybe I should've just omitted that sound idk. I tried to step Jinmenusagi's section to where it felt like the difficulty matched.
Clumsy Night (Shenjoku) - Heavy was a neat file. The beginning with the sextuples were a bit much though and it was inconsistent (briefly there, then it poofed). I felt like you tried to make the file pretty even in difficulty (?) throughout the song, but it was done a bit much especially when the percussion started to pick up. Some left-handed bias was noted during the up in percussion and swing section towards the end. Normal was p straightforward. C+P job wasn't bad, but the 4th jack during the double-hold stream was jarring and ruined flow especially since it appeared often.
Cosmic Fantastic Lovesong (MayB) - Yiiiis, very comfy file. Not much gripe with this one. It might have seemed a little awkward during the bracket section into the 12ths, but it felt right as it was in line with the part of the song it was stepped to.
Counselor (Kommisar) - Great file with great flow. I love the consistency of this file. Kept me on my toes throughout the whole file.
Cynthia (IcyWorld) - This file was pretty awkward overall but it wasn't bad. The 8th chains were really enjoyable. I can see the value in the difficulty of the patterns. But still, with a 13 NPS rating, I think you could've put a bit more time into making some of the 16th patterns flow better.
DANGO MY ***** (Kinx) - What an old fucking file of mine. Wanna know the difference between HVY and ONI? Oni has jacks.
EDM Jumpers (Malice) - Superb malice theory. Fun hyper file. The 32nds in this one could've been stepped differently though, I think.
Fallen Angel (MayB) - Nice file, just a little all over the place. Man, that 8th 4 jack lasts forever lmfao. The last section with the left-handed chained mini-jacks were crazy. I'd separate them into separate hands.
First Kiss (MayB) - The way you stepped this caught my attention, like it was logical? I liked how you selectively layered vocals in the beginning and again during the lull. Surpringly neat file for how minimal it is.
Future Candy (Malice) - Love this file. Challenging, but fair file.
GHOST (Malice) - Both the file and song fuck my shit up in a good way. Those 16ths rolling to the right is smooth as fuck. You stepped this very literally and it works. Those trills as rough to hit, but that's just the nature of the song.
Happico Happico (Leo137) - Chordstream dump file. Same problem with Circus Galop inregards to interest. Not much regard has been put into common solo patterns or playability.
Here And There (Kinx) - Love this song. Stepped it in a way that was comfy for players trying to get into the habit of hitting chords.
Honey♥Trap (Kinx) - Uh, so this file is kinda hard because of the flam. I stepped it as 16ths at first then swapped it into swing/flam. I'm satisfied with what I ended up with.
Infinite Funk (Kinx & MacGravel) - Straightforward. Lots of mini-jacks in Oni. I emphasized flow in Hvy. Gigantic props to MacG for his x-mod talent and teaching me how to mess around with x-mod.
INSECTICIDE (Kommisar) - For the level of difficulty you were striving for in this file, I think you should've stepped some more of the 16ths. Otherwise, this wasn't as bad as I initially thought.
Intermezzo, Op. 118, No. 2 in A major (Kinx) - Another BPM and sub-beat experiment made for beginners. I'm pretty bad with stepping piano songs, but I think this turned out alright.
Kakushinteki*Metamaruphose! (LongGone) - LMFAO. The fail came from the "shut up" mine. Perfect.
K-Pop Culture 2015 (Kinx) - Request from lemz to step this and I'm glad he did. I stepped all or most of the vocal pitch changes.
Late Night (lurker) - Late night, I'll be thinking of this file.
Librarian's Waltz (Pii-f) - LaTale song. One of two songs from old-ass MMO games in this pack. Neat simple file for beginners.
Loki (Leo137) - I guess this is a step in the right direction? It's better than your other files, but it still lacks significant depth. And again, just by fun factor, it can certainly be improved upon.
Looking For A New Adventure (Kinx) - I liked my own gfx better I tried to match the stepping to the overall bursty nature of the song itself. I wanted the bursts to make sense and feel comfortable to hit so I split a lot of the 32nd and 48th bursts.
Love10 (Kinx) - Love this song. Pretty straightforward. I'm satisfied with how this turned out.
LUVORATORRRRRY! (Kinx) - I stepped this while I was learning the choreography to it. I didn't know if the mini-jacks were going to be too much, but I decided to add them anyway in a way that didn't hinder flow too badly.
MAGIC & LOVE (blaziken) - Same issue as the previous file of yours that I played. As a dump, not much depth can be seen here and not a lot is done to challenge the ring fingers and is more or less just a stream to hit super really really a lot.
Marble Soda (Kinx) - Request from my sister to step this. I was arguing with myself about whether of not I should step the 32nds at the end, but I'm glad I did.
Missing You (Skelif) - Slime tree nostalgia ahoy. You should've added a C1 hold that lasted throughout the whole file to simulate holding down the ctrl button Kappa. Joking aside, this started out really well, but got progressively more difficult in an awkward way. A lot of the flow breaks come from the chains on top of the 16th streamlets. Potential is there, but this file is hard to play as it is.
Moestep (Malice) - What happened to the BPM gimmicks hue? Great file to a great song for intermediate players.
Neko Atsume no Theme (Gundam-Dude) - Wonderfully comfortable file. Straightforward patterns and excellent flow.
Oedo Controller (feat. TORIENA) (Kinx) - I might have gone overboard with stepping this, but I wanted to do so anyway. This is why I'm glad that I stepped multiple charts for this one.
OH SHIT I'M FEELING IT (Kinx) - I actually like this song. I stepped it to match its loud nature, so I ended up with chordstream.
Okurahomadokamikisa (Gundam-Dude) - I can't believe these are still happening. Those chords surprised me lol.
Onna Kotoba no Soushitsu (porkypink) - Super cool file. I think you captured how chaotic the song was in your stepping style. One complaint is some of the 24th patterns, mainly with the double-stepping.
OrBiTal (MayB) - Very interesting take on this song. Those mini-jacks felt surpringly good to hit. Some of the sounds you chose to omit seemed off to me. But taking into account the files of yours that I've played already, it fits the way you step.
Pastel Subliminal (Layne) - Hard file. Took me a couple tries to pass it, but it's a solid fun file. It flowed really nicely and had a good balance of technicality and fun factor.
PICO PICO RABBIT (Malice) - Excellent file. The start of this song was nice, but those left hand chains were hard to hit. I also really enjoyed the hold sections.
Progression (Skelif) - This one was alright. On one hand, I liked the doublestreams and the moderation of brackets. On the other hand, I wasn't really into the way this file handled the 32nds and mini-jack placement. Same with "Missing You," I think a bit more time put into flow would do your files a world of good.
Ruby of Mystic (Malice) - Really fun file. The doubles and triples went incredibly well with each other and the percussion was very well stepped. The piano solo could've been layered more, though.
Secret (MayB) - I enjoyed this file. Very characteristic of your stepping style with proper climax usage. However, I felt like you were treading too carefully with your holds. I recommend trying to be more daring with them because the one hand bias during those hold sections were really obvious.
Shelter (lemz) - S00per c00l file. Only gripe is the 32nd roll patterns, but I can see why you stepped it the way you did. The mines were placed well and made sense.
Spitting Skin (Skelif) - I really enjoyed this file from you. The layering made sense and the patterns flowed more than the previous files of yours that I've played. I appreciated that you alternated the minijacks between both hands. But one issue I had was the C1 hold with C3 minijack, which broke flow for me.
Sudden Death (Layne) - Really fun difficulty and technical file. I loved how you handled holds in this one. The notes alongside the holds were consistent enough to hit without it being weird. The ending chordstream was fantastic.
The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky (LongGone) - Great difficult brackety, jacky, chordy file. This made it hard for me to keep up stamina-wise, but that adds to the charm of the difficulty of this file.
The Clockwork Rose (Kinx) - Request from Malice. I initially stepped the inst. version then layered vocals on top in a semi-logical manner. Turned out alright, just really layered.
The Clockwork Rose (Instrumental) (Kinx) - Enjoyed stepping this one. Made it more technical, if anything. The solo was insanely fun to step.
The Wight to Remain (Malice) - Great file. That hold section was tricky to hit, but felt accomplishing when I actually did hit them. I enjoyed the trill sections more than I thought I would and that ending was climactically delicious.
Toaru Itsumo Wo (Hazelnut) - Okay, this wasn't bad and it was actually super fun. But holy chords. I feel like you could've achieved more depth if you layered the vocals in.
TOMOYO (Kinx) - Token color file. I wanted to simulate doubles with the voices and instrumentals so that it felt natural to hit without it being too messy.
Tori no Uta -Remix- (Gundam-Dude) - Wow, I really really like this file. Not a lot to gripe about this file. Very well stepped. At first I was wondering why you weren't stepping some sounds, but I can see why once the percussion came in.
Touch the Sky feat. acharu (Kinx) - Been wanting to step this for years. Another vocal file. It's a bit long and straightforward, but I didn't want to half-ass it.
Triple Journey -TAG EDITION- (lurker) - Super challenging file. I could really feel the C1 bass in this one, which made it all the more difficult. I can't play this file worth a damn, but it was alright. That C2 minijack tho.
Ultimate Cavity Construction Worker Excavation Chu (Kommisar) - Really comfortable and flowy file I think is caused by a lot of mirror-like double patterns. Super fun.
Uprising Satellite (Kommisar) - Stepped very fittingly for the way the song sounds. No complaints for this file. I enjoyed the whole file.
Versatile (Patashu) - Definitely a good file for beginner-intermediate players. I appreciate the way you handled the 16th piano notes in moderation.
VERTeX (LongGone) - Climactic chords galore. Really challenging file.
X-treme Grade (Derpus) - Not a bad file by any means and it's fun to play. But the 24th trills were rough to hit near the start of the song and that 1212... on top of brackets was hard to hit. Maybe I'm just bad, but some of the patterns in this one was rough.
Youthful (Kinx) - I should've reduced the amount of right-hand bias during the middle section.
'IDOLA' have the immortal feather (Kinx) - Pretty straightforward file. I wasn't going after anything special for this file, but I'm glad with how it turned out.

Last edited by Kinx; 06-5-2017 at 05:00 PM..
Kinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2017, 09:31 PM   #9
Gundam-Dude
`~`

thanks for the review kinkypoo

Old 06-5-2017, 09:37 PM   #10
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

I would have sent my solo file I put in my pack if I knew this was a thing. D:

Oh well. Will download.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2017, 01:29 AM   #11
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

bruh... fuck yes, im so ready for this

also icy stepped cynthia for solo, i cant wait to see how dense it is lmao

Last edited by -paexaea-; 06-6-2017 at 01:31 AM..
-paexaea- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2017, 01:46 AM   #12
.Layne.
~~
FFR Veteran

Thanks Kinx

I wanted to submit one more file that you *may* have liked but unfortunately I got real lazy and decided I'd probably step it for my own satisfaction

.Layne. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2017, 03:19 AM   #13
ggsnipes
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to ggsnipes

solo rulz

vertex is legit fun, thanks lg

"Spy is still a fucking dick" - Halogen 2k16, probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
remember, soul is the best solo player on ffr

Last edited by ggsnipes; 06-6-2017 at 04:14 AM..
ggsnipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2017, 02:00 PM   #14
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

welp time to get the wrists burning for a bit

also about fuckin time pate
Old 06-6-2017, 07:34 PM   #15
Cerise79
FFR Player

solo ru1z

brb installing sm again
Old 06-7-2017, 09:50 PM   #16
Shxfted
Godly
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Fuck I totally had a couple of files to submit but I never knew really anything about when this pack was happening
Old 06-8-2017, 06:49 AM   #17
ATTang
FFR Player

ATTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2017, 08:33 AM   #18
James May
FFR Player

Fuck, I wanted to make a file for City Lights lmao, I had the maidable remix of it as a wip for a while before I ran out of ideas for it haha.

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2017, 11:44 AM   #19
Gundam-Dude
`~`

>tfw more people are complaining about not finishing a file in time when I've mentioned on the forums in multiple posts that I am assembling a pack over the course of two full years since the last pack

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 06-8-2017 at 11:45 AM..
Old 06-8-2017, 11:55 AM   #20
James May
FFR Player

oops. Anyhow, I'll grab the pack and I'll give this a go c:

James May is offline   Reply With Quote