Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456
Default Knowing

Well I just got back from seeing the new movie Knowing.

First off, I enjoyed the storyline. Numbers written on a piece of paper in 1959, and when its opened 50 years later, it turns out the numbers tell about natural disasters in perfect sequence and Cage needs to stop it. It was unique and was a nice change from all these generic movies that have been coming out. But as the movie went on, I found myself actually saying, "What the hell?" three or four times.

The story had such great potential but I feel like they choose a certain direction and it just didn't quite work out. I liked it because it was the type of story that COULD be possible but the ending pretty much ruined that. I thought the characters (besides Cage) were not well developed and I didn't feel a strong connection as the movie neared the end. The action sequences were pretty good to watch, although the special effects were not up to par for a 2009 movie. Nevertheless, the shaky camera did give a more personal feeling during those short action parts which was enjoyable.

SPOILERRRR[[[[[[[[[[[I would of liked to see more disasters that played out from the numbers on the paper instead of only seeing two and then seeing the world ends from the sun's solar flare. And on that note, I loved how they chose the solar flare to be the destruction of earth. Very unique. My opinion is that the aliens or higher beings chose certain children based on their faith in thinking there was infact life beyond Earth. At the beginning of the movie, Cage is talking to his son about how its theoretically possible that millions of planets could have life and his son believed him, so maybe the higher beings wanted to save those who believed(too bad they didn't take Cage). And another side note, I think this movie tries to show that everything happens for a reason and is not random. All the whispering that took place was from those higher beings and it was to tell the girl at the beginning to write down the numbers. The fact that the higher beings knew the date and place of every major disaster as well as the sun's solar flare that wiped out earth shows me that they knew it was going to eventually happen and waited until the end to find the most worthy children.]]]]]]]]]]]

Honestly, I did not like the ending. They could of done a few different things to end the movie and I feel they made a poor choice. Luckily, I used a free movie ticket coupon so I didn't spend $7.25 for the matinee. Sadly, I wouldn't recommend spending money to see this movie. Just watch it online. There isn't enough action sequences or special effects to make it worth seeing in theaters. The trailer for the movie was a little deceiving.

I will give this movie a 6.5/10 because the storyline was actually pretty good until the last 30 minutes or so. It did make me thing a little bit after I saw it but mostly because I was flustered/confused.

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)

Last edited by Adamaja456; 03-20-2009 at 06:38 PM..
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote