Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 04:36 PM   #1
SuperPoopMan
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SuperPoopMan Send a message via MSN to SuperPoopMan
Default If Bush can't take care of his own country, why Iraq?

Our economy has been constantly dropping. Yet Bush pours billions of dollars in bombing Iraq, fighting in Iraq, then rebuilding it? I think he should be spending that money on helping America regain some jobs. What do some of you guys have to say about this?
SuperPoopMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 PM   #2
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

I think Bush is an idiot. He goes to war, saying Iraq has wpns of mass destruction (lets call it wmd), but all he wants is steal oil. Then he makes promises like "We are going to help the people after we capture Saddam", but the situation in Iraq is only getting worse. And those poor soldier! Getting killed by the dozen each day, and in a horrible way (at least its not worst than Vietnam war...for now). And that assh*le cheated in the elections.

One thing that is ironic, its that USA was the most active country of the United Nations when it was created, and now Bush is breaking all those rules.

Omg, i'm so happy to be canadian
Old 05-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #3
DracIV
FFR Player

Bush isn't an idiot. There is a huge array of reasons for why he went in, and oil is a nothing. He didn't cheat the elections. Spending the money is good because war is the best way for the government to spend money (buying things) and the only other way for the gov to give back money is pay back debt, which is a tool to SLOW DOWN the economy and would totally screw us over if you can't see that yet. *breath* It isn't just the US going down. The entire world market has dropped by 5% recently. The situation in Iraq is getting much better, the bullshit media coverage is getting worse. Being killed by the dozens each day *oh my*! There are more deaths per minute in the US then there have been so far in that war. And few soldiers have died in horrible ways. The US was most active in the UN at the start because we have always been active, but now the UN has become passive and wouldn't act on a situation for *10* years. We made a threat to Saddam, he didn't relent, and so we followed our word. We won't let anyone stop us when we say we will do something if it could me hundreds of millions of our people and a large chunk of our country.

Summary: Everything you guys have said so far is false and/or is misinterpreted because it actually is a GOOD thing for our country.
DracIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 06:30 PM   #4
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Remember, it could be much worse.

He could have listened to those guys who were all "Just nuke them and get it over with!"
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 07:41 PM   #5
Burning_Cyclope
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Burning_Cyclope Send a message via MSN to Burning_Cyclope Send a message via Yahoo to Burning_Cyclope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracIV
Bush isn't an idiot. There is a huge array of reasons for why he went in, and oil is a nothing. He didn't cheat the elections. Spending the money is good because war is the best way for the government to spend money (buying things) and the only other way for the gov to give back money is pay back debt, which is a tool to SLOW DOWN the economy and would totally screw us over if you can't see that yet. *breath* It isn't just the US going down. The entire world market has dropped by 5% recently. The situation in Iraq is getting much better, the bullshit media coverage is getting worse. Being killed by the dozens each day *oh my*! There are more deaths per minute in the US then there have been so far in that war. And few soldiers have died in horrible ways. The US was most active in the UN at the start because we have always been active, but now the UN has become passive and wouldn't act on a situation for *10* years. We made a threat to Saddam, he didn't relent, and so we followed our word. We won't let anyone stop us when we say we will do something if it could me hundreds of millions of our people and a large chunk of our country.

Summary: Everything you guys have said so far is false and/or is misinterpreted because it actually is a GOOD thing for our country.

...yes because we should simply disregard news sources and trust your biased bullshit instead?

Bush fucked this country in the ass so bad it'll take at least 2 mroe presidents for it to recover fully.

Burning_Cyclope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 08:40 PM   #6
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces
Default Re: If Bush can't take care of his own country, why Iraq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPoopMan
Our economy has been constantly dropping. Yet Bush pours billions of dollars in bombing Iraq, fighting in Iraq, then rebuilding it? I think he should be spending that money on helping America regain some jobs. What do some of you guys have to say about this?
Blah Blah Blah, typical ignorant liberal arguement. Jesus Christ, do you even know what you are talking about?

Specforces

WSC
Old 05-13-2004, 10:17 AM   #7
IronMonk
FFR Player

like i have said before, cancer has killed a millions more then saddam ever can. what does bush's father do for a living now? he is a chairman of a fnucking oil company. where does bush get the majoraty of his campaign donations? his good ol' dad. so how can you think that oil had nothing to do with it? im a canadian, i dont get the propaganda you guys call news down there. if bush gets elected again he is likely to fuck over the intire world. whats next, terrorists in france? how about germany? wait its probly china, they have dem weapons there too dont they? the only weapon of mass distruction i see is george bush, pray to your gods he doesnt get re-elected
Old 05-13-2004, 11:10 AM   #8
prodigallink
FFR Player

Quote:

Summary: Everything you guys have said so far is false and/or is misinterpreted because it actually is a GOOD thing for our country
Quote:

I think Bush is an idiot. He goes to war, saying Iraq has wpns of mass destruction (lets call it wmd), but all he wants is steal oil. Then he makes promises like "We are going to help the people after we capture Saddam", but the situation in Iraq is only getting worse. And those poor soldier! Getting killed by the dozen each day, and in a horrible way (at least its not worst than Vietnam war...for now). And that assh*le cheated in the elections.

One thing that is ironic, its that USA was the most active country of the United Nations when it was created, and now Bush is breaking all those rules.

Omg, i'm so happy to be canadian
first of all, bush is an idiot... thats why there is the pictures of the iraqi abuse scandle on the news and internew all over the world now. THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT THAT MAKES OTHER COUNTRIES HATE US (hince the american hates french/vicea versa topic) second he is an idoit becase of the shit of economy he has ignored, and yes... he has ignored us alot in this paticular area. He makes bill clintion look like the messaia of peace and tranquility! For christ sake!, give bush the boot so far up his ass, he'll have to clean his balls through his nose with a wire toothbrush!!!!!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #9
DracIV
FFR Player

Clinton is by no means a messiah in any way compared to Bush. Bush is paying attention to the economy, doing quite a few things to improve it as best the goverment alone can, and one more thing that I just really have to yell:

THE IRAQI ABUSE THING IS SO F***ING MINOR THAT YOU ARE A TOTAL MORON FOR CONSIDERING IT ANYTHING. YOU CANNOT BLAME A COUNTRY FOR THE ACTIONS OF 6 IDIOTS!!!

That said, just because 6 people out of 1,000,000,000, less than a 6 millionth of our country, did something does not mean our president, who had no direct control over those soldiers and who had no idea it would happen and couldn't stop it anyway, is to blame. What I truly hate about the Iraq War is how freaking political this crap has become. If anyone anywhere but here hears anything about the Iraq War, chances are that it is political crap or lies. The fact that his enemies have turned an honest war into a political dirty tactic (they even turned a disaster into a dirty attack) has digusted me much more than any mistakes Bush could have made.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #10
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

I dont like Bush, but I dont blame him for the Iraqi prisoner scandal.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:10 AM   #11
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

omg, you people are SO american. Here's the situation in a nutshell:

Bush Sr. goes to iraq, to snag their oil, cuz America needs it.

Operation Desert Storm turns out to fuck all kinds of shit up.

Bush Sr. Is out of office, America has enough oil again.

Clinton doesn't give two flying fucks about the middle east shit, and humps Ms. Lewinski.

Bush Jr. gets elected.

Bush Jr. Uses 9/11 as an excuse to do w/e the fuck he wants in the middle east, stirring all kinds of shit up.

Bush Jr. is told America needs oil again.

Bush Jr. Apparently gives up on finding Bin Laden, and decides to go get some oil from iraq.

Bush Jr. Makes up some BS about Saddam, so he can get some oil.

U.S tries to get the other UN countries to buy into his BS, it doesn't work.

America Invades Iraq.

Shit is talked about, while the real oil snagging is going down.

there you have it people. In summary, AMERICA IS IN IRAQ FOR THE GOD DAMNED OIL, BOTTOM LINE.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:02 AM   #12
Jam930
FFR Player

*sigh.

i hate politics, but i have a brain unlike many of you, i take too many history classes and i know what's going on so i'll contribute.

read ALL of this CAREFULLY...BEFORE you post. if you dont you are going to be labeled ignorant and will be cast into the fiery pits of hell

"If bush cant take care of his own country, why iraq?"

Stupid. The economy was fine before he went into iraq. not the other way around. you want bush to pull out of iraq and try to help the U.S recover? almost 50% of the u.s population still supports the war and it would just drag morale back down. Bad for the economy.

1. The united states, based on their best intelligence, believed that Iraq could be MORE of a threat to the safety of the united states than it already was. All kinds of terrorist attacks that were no fun, and acts against american citizens, and now they had reason to believe there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Bush had 2 options.
1. hope that all of his sources were incorrect, and that iraq didnt have crap, and let them keep attacking the united states.
2. do something about it. Go into iraq, disarm them, free the iraqis from Saddam Hussein and establish a democracy for the iraqi people.

which is better? 2. DUH.

and dont worry, the economy is coming back.
The economy will always go up and down, it's part of being a democratic/capitalist country.

what's that? now you want a dictatorship? i hate liberal ideas.

Next, Bush is not an idiot. I can guarentee that he is FAR more intelligent than anyone on this forum, just because you disagree with him, it doesn't mean he's not smarter and doesn't make intelligible decisions.
Anyone that says bush is an idiot is a stupid democrat that has no argument.

It's all for the oil? HELLO???? you said the economy is getting worse because we went to iraq. Oil wouldn't be worth it. Stop listening to just what your parents tell you, they're wrong more often than you think.

I'm so tired of democrats and their stupid political correctness. They're trying to turn America into some square country.

liberals always wanna change crap, and that's why they're never satisfied and that's why they're always whining. Whining -> change.

makes me want to drive an SUV.

oh and one more thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonk
what does bush's father do for a living now? he is a chairman of a fnucking oil company. where does bush get the majoraty of his campaign donations? his good ol' dad. so how can you think that oil had nothing to do with it?
It is illegal to get money for campaign funding from outside your own income. John kerry has a shit-weak annual income that might as well not exist. His wife however is like owner of Heinz Ketchup. Kerry however has used loopholes to keep people from PROVING that he's using his wife's money, but it's still obvious.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:26 AM   #13
Laharl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Laharl Send a message via MSN to Laharl

Jam's last post officially makes her one 1337 badass.

Also, to everyone that mentioned the prisoner abuse things, are you aware of what went on in all the wars the US has ever been in? Or that anyone has ever been in? How many WW2 movies have you seen where a guy is in charge of some prisoners and the first thing the captain says to the guy is "Don't kill them all"? Did you see any of the media about what the soldiers during the Korean and Viet Nam conflicts did to the prisoners captured there?

POINTLESSLY TAKING UP BANDWIDTH SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THE INTERNET
Laharl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:56 AM   #14
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Bush is a moron. But so is everybody who said he is up there, because you're making us anti-bushs look like (Spec said it) ignorant liberal morons. First of all, Bush did not go into Iraq for the Oil. It may have been an initial side gain, but that's not why we're there now (I believe I'm paying $2.09 for gas, so if that's what Bush is there for, he's screwing it up).

Second, who the HELL brought up Prisioner Abuse? Don't tell me, I don't want to know, because whoever said it brought up a frivolous point made purely for the sake of argument. There were far worse atrocities in pretty much every war, and there's probably been worse ones in this as well.

The reason why Bush is a moron is because basically, he acted way too fast. The public was fuming over 9-11, and bombing a bunch of huts in Afghanistan didn't seem like a proper retaliation. Bush got a tip that Saddam might have WMD, so he calls up 'ol Saddam and says "Hey, this really is none of our business, but could you get rid of all your nukes and such? K thanks! Please excuse me, now I have to go count mine." Of course Saddam refuses, and *bam*, Bush has the perfect excuse to invade a country, rebuild the economy (yes, war is GOOD for the economy you morons), and snag himself a helluva lotta votes when next election rolls around.

Only he screwed up a bit. Turns out, as much as he reassured the public, we never did find any WMD. Doesn't mean they're not there, but now the whole "Saddam=Terrorist=Osama" inference which got us all fired up for war in the first place may not even exist. And it's looking less and less likely that they do. So now we've spent hundreds of billions of taxpayer's dollars with the economy dropping, we've got hundreds of thousands of soldiers in Iraq and nothing to do with them, and Bush is sitting up in DC, twiddling his thumbs and counting his votes.

This war could have turned out to our advantage, even. But Bush screwed it up with his "Shoot first and ask questions later" war policy, and the fact that he made hints to Saddam being connected to Al Quida and Osama, when he knew just as well as we do now that there's no connection. I certainly don't like Kerry, but he's sure as hell better than Bush.

Quote:
Next, Bush is not an idiot. I can guarentee that he is FAR more intelligent than anyone on this forum
Side note: Sorry, Jam, but Bush actually has one of the lowest I.Q.s in quite a while.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 06:15 AM   #15
fusi0n
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to fusi0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by xObserveRx
omg, you people are SO american. Here's the situation in a nutshell:

Bush Sr. goes to iraq, to snag their oil, cuz America needs it.

Operation Desert Storm turns out to $*%# all kinds of (#$% up.

Bush Sr. Is out of office, America has enough oil again.

Clinton doesn't give two flying f*#$# about the middle east (#$%, and humps Ms. Lewinski.

Bush Jr. gets elected.

Bush Jr. Uses 9/11 as an excuse to do w/e the $*%# he wants in the middle east, stirring all kinds of (#$% up.

Bush Jr. is told America needs oil again.

Bush Jr. Apparently gives up on finding Bin Laden, and decides to go get some oil from iraq.

Bush Jr. Makes up some BS about Saddam, so he can get some oil.

U.S tries to get the other UN countries to buy into his BS, it doesn't work.

America Invades Iraq.

(#$% is talked about, while the real oil snagging is going down.

there you have it people. In summary, AMERICA IS IN IRAQ FOR THE GOD DAMNED OIL, BOTTOM LINE.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:40 PM   #16
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Why do you think the economy's bad? Most of the pertinent numbers, including unemployment, have only been rising the past few months (so I heard from some head economist guy at the Fed on the radio). Sure, the economy was in a downturn, but that's only natural for it to do. Bush actually pulled us out of our recession very quickly relative to other expansions; he's done really well with the economy since he's been president.

Bush was quite justified in entering Iraq for the reasons he gave. However, if he wanted to make use of the oil there, more power to him, as that's better than tapping into our reserves. Only thing is, the money gained from the oil there goes to rebuilding Iraq, and we need it to have a stable government for effective trade. Oh, and Iraq has the largest supply of [some fuel which I can't exactly remember that is the main component of propulsion for alternative-fuel cars] in the world. The situation in Iraq is only getting better.

As for the soldiers getting killed, we're in a WAR! A handful a day is actually pretty good for wars. The only better one was Desert Storm, in which our only casualty was accidentally self-inflicted (I believe).

Those of you who don't want Bush re-elected, all I have to say is that we'll turn to shit if Kerry gets elected. ::shudders::

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 04:02 PM   #17
DracIV
FFR Player

Anti has said a few things that are in every argument I hear against Bush, but the fact is they are not true.

A. Iraq is still recovering. They are still working on modernizing the entire system for oil in Iraq, and OPEC controls gas prices anyway, not Iraq. The oil benefit would be the fact that now we have an alternative and we can tell OPEC to screw off if they try to charge us too much.

B. He DIDN'T act spur of the moment. Saddam has been a pain in the ass about the WMDs for 10 YEARS. The UN wouldn't do anything even when he purposefully refused to obey their demands, and so finally the US declared. "Saddam, we give you 3 days to comply or we will use military force." He didn't comply, and so we followed through with our promise.

C. There was never a direct connection between Saddam and Osama. Saddam was a known terrorist nexus, giving money and supplies to dozens of terrorist organizations. He ruled with an iron fist using an army of thugs who terrorized the people (terrorist) and made things a living hell for many. I think Jamie phrased the choice best. WMD weren't even the main reason for attacking, they are just the one incorrect thing in a list of 20+ that the enemies of Bush latched onto as their main argument.

D. The war DID turn out to our advantage. It turns out that during the entire Clinton administration the economy had been declining, but Clinton covered up the signs. Bush managed to stabilize the country, and a war always helps a bit (side-effect), but recently the entire world has had a downturn. Globally the market fell by 5% in the past 8 or 10 months, with some major markets falling 10-15%. The US got away with only a 3% drop. I consider that a success becuase it is. The government can only do so much though, because the economy is OUR JOB. Bush has used every market improvement tactic availible to the government, and you would be insane to call that "twiddling your thumbs."

E. IQ doesn't matter. Just as long as your IQ is about 70, with the right skills your are perfectly fit to run the country, much better than most even.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:32 PM   #18
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx

Omg, there's no winning with you people, you ARE Americans. You obviously believe everything your media tells you, stupid, stupid people. *sigh*
Old 05-24-2004, 05:34 PM   #19
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

Jam, you are officially cool.

Go Republicans!

Specforces
Old 05-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #20
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specforces
Jam, you are officially cool.
Heh, her post definitely impressed me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specforces
Go Republicans!
Do I hear our resident California liberal Jewpin coming?

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote