FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

Like FFR.
Old 06-6-2007, 05:09 AM   #13882
ProtoMDS
FFR Player

Lol first +7 scrolling with 60%s in 187 levels' worth of characters.
how Craig isn't shooting lasers from his eyes and destroying entire cities in wrath is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
Usually the good lord works in mysterious ways. BUT NOT TODAY. This here is 66 tonnes of straight up, HE spewing divine intervention. If God is love, then you can call me Cupid.
Old 06-6-2007, 05:11 AM   #13883
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
Dude, at level 53 my MINIMUM was about equivalent to your AVERAGE.

That seems to be a ridiculously high average. Fire mages have slower fire rate, and only train fast during 5x, while they suck at golems and zombies later on.
Old 06-6-2007, 05:14 AM   #13884
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

UH OH ITS MAGICCARPETRIDE ALL OVER AGAIN.

To save you the time, Archers suck now and will be awesome in 4th job. The end.

Bye.
Old 06-6-2007, 05:23 AM   #13885
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Wow .... how much is that Helm worth now?
Old 06-6-2007, 06:43 AM   #13886
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tibs- View Post
UH OH ITS MAGICCARPETRIDE ALL OVER AGAIN.

To save you the time, Archers suck now and will be awesome in 4th job. The end.

Bye.
But seriously, archers do suck......I really don't know how he hits so high at that level.....I didn't and I hit higher now but he will probably hit more than me when He's my level, My max around level 53 was just aabout 3000....I thihnk....And that sucked.....But I got through it and it was worth it....

Oh yeah, Level 67 =P
Old 06-6-2007, 07:42 AM   #13887
DHS1
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to DHS1 Send a message via AIM to DHS1 Send a message via MSN to DHS1 Send a message via Yahoo to DHS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude35 View Post
wow lol... which one of you people plays on the server Windia for MAple GLobal
I do, lvl 118 DK

IGN: MongreI

I might be on next weekend

PS: Did anyone ever notice all the high lvls in MSEA? Tiger wouldn't even make the top 20 (msea doesn't even have 4th job either!!)...

I always thought he was the biggest low life when it came to maplestory.. guess I was horribly wrong O_O;;;;

Old 06-6-2007, 08:12 AM   #13888
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

They have 2x exp cards... Loads of them. Though, Tiger would be in the 19x with 2x exp.
Old 06-6-2007, 09:21 AM   #13889
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

And Afrobean would have all classes at 200 by now.
Old 06-6-2007, 10:58 AM   #13890
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

All this mage vs bowman stuff: Don't just compare numbers. On fire-weak stuff, yes, fire mages will beat out bowmen. They'll also beat out basically every other freaking class, except maybe a really funded sin that's doing way more than he should at 50-70.

Of course, that's just looking at single-hit damage. IL mages can actually outkill FP mages at fire-weak stuff using lightning, just because the mob damage adds up that much. In a mob of 6 the FP mage will maybe get more exp for 1 or 2 of the monsters, but the IL will win on the rest. I bet a xbowman with IA would rape a FP mage at Jetis or any other mostly flat map. Clerics even do more damage than FP when at places like Zombies.

3rd job is very much different, though. Some things are still the same, though. When I trained at DTs with all sorts of people I outkilled everybody who wasn't a FP mage. Even hermits and warriors a couple levels higher than me. I've happened to outkill a crusader that was like 5 levels over me at Grims. I can outkill Chris with my level 3 Compo while he's using maxed SR. And with Mist I can outkill entire maps. In parties I have to be nice and stay in one spot Misting, cuz I could easily Mist half the map at vikings and kill 3 platforms instead of 1, but the other people on those platforms would get upset. Note: Vikings not only aren't weak to fire, they resist it.

And 4th job we're still not super flashy or anything, people will still think FP mages suck, but we'll have the absolute strongest skill in the game along with loads more defensive abilities that will keep us from ever getting hurt. Plus we still have Mist, the strongest theoretical attack (infinite monsters = infinite damage with mist). Bowmen will get a lot better in 4th job, with their 90% mastery (which evens out so they have about 60% mastery, while mages have more like 70-75%) and Hurricane, but there will still be situations (like training on fire-weak things) where FP will beat the pants off them.

PS: I was determined to hit 104 last night, but the internet went down when I was just over 95%. I waited a while and tried all I could to get it back up, but it wouldn't work. I guess they were doing maintenance since it was like 3am. Pissed me off, though, and now I have to log in to Vikings, which could be hacked and get me killed. =\

EDIT: Just so I have actual numbers to back me up. Right now, according to the formula (so it's actually a bit lower cuz of mdef), my damage is: 6,811 ~ 9,024. 6811/9024 = 75.4765% true mastery. The cool thing is, according to the formula, next level I get 5 more matk and my damage goes up to 6,892 ~ 9,123, giving me 75.5453% true mastery. So yeah, the higher level I get the more stable my damage gets. =)

Now let's see what kind of mastery a bowman would have. I went to HS.net and tossed some numbers into the damage calculator. 95 str (for metus), 600 dex (*shrug*), 100 watk, 60% mastery. It gave me a damage range of 1196 ~ 2135. That's equal to ~56% mastery. Now, that's a pretty bad damage range, cuz it doesn't account for criticals. If you just do min divided by max with critical you get 28% mastery, but that is more than is true because it doesn't take into account that those criticals only happen 40% of the time. I'm pretty sure factoring in the % chance will lower your true mastery even more. Let's see if I can do some math.

40% of the time you get criticals, which have a damage range double that, so it's 2392 ~ 4270. Average: 3331
60% of the time you're still doing 1196~2135. 1665.5 average.

.6 * 1665.5 + .4 * 3331 = 2331.7 total average.

My brain isn't working and I dunno how you'd get the true mastery, now we can all see that an archer's average is just a bit above the max that their damage range shows. At least up until 4th job, that is.

Running through those numbers again with 90% mastery and 55% chance for 140% critical, we'll get:
Damage range: 1747 ~ 2135 (note: 81.8% true mastery here)
Critical Damage Range: 4192.8 ~ 5124 (w00t Sharp Eyes, I love it)
Averages: 1941 (45% chance) and 4658.4 (55% chance)
Total average: 873.45 + 2562.12 = 3435.57

So yeah, critical buff and advanced mastery help quite a bit. Your damage will still range between 1747 and 5124, though, which is 34% true mastery, not accounting for critical chance. Oh and I check, and your true mastery lowers as you add more dex, but increase when you add more weapon attack, so it'll kinda stay the same. And mine just keeps getting better, by 200 it'll be like 85%. XD

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

Last edited by evilbutterfly; 06-6-2007 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-6-2007, 01:12 PM   #13891
DHS1
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to DHS1 Send a message via AIM to DHS1 Send a message via MSN to DHS1 Send a message via Yahoo to DHS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
They have 2x exp cards... Loads of them. Though, Tiger would be in the 19x with 2x exp.
Ohhhh yeah definatly forgot about that.

Then I guess I was mistaken about tiger not being the biggest low life.

Old 06-6-2007, 01:32 PM   #13892
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Lol DHS .... I heard Tiger dropped out of high school or college for MS?
Old 06-6-2007, 02:26 PM   #13893
-Fallen-
xqsite OG
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMDS View Post

Lol first +7 scrolling with 60%s in 187 levels' worth of characters.

/jealous
I have the exact same helmet on my warrior and it's quite above average on def and stuff I would definitely love to see my helm +7 with def scrolls
Old 06-6-2007, 02:31 PM   #13894
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I forgot to post this last night. Notice how the enemies pause while Genesis is casting. Also, I'm not sure if those things are weak to holy. I wouldn't think they are. =P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tPFw8_85X1A

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 06-6-2007, 02:37 PM   #13895
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHS1 View Post
lvl 118 DK

IGN: MongreI
That's probably not a good idea of something to say after level 80 <__<
Old 06-6-2007, 06:40 PM   #13896
DHS1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xception704 View Post
Lol DHS .... I heard Tiger dropped out of high school or college for MS?
Yeah there was a thread in sleepywood made my someone that got backstabbed by tiger, and it had tons of juicy details about him, all of which I forgot hahahahahhaha (and I cant find the thread anymore).

Quote:
That's probably not a good idea of something to say after level 80 <__<
Why?

Old 06-6-2007, 07:26 PM   #13897
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Don't worry about it -___- I figured you would've known :/
Old 06-6-2007, 07:26 PM   #13898
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
I forgot to post this last night. Notice how the enemies pause while Genesis is casting. Also, I'm not sure if those things are weak to holy. I wouldn't think they are. =P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tPFw8_85X1A
Yep. The pause is pretty huge. I've mentioned this numerous times when stating how broken genesis is.

Oh and, I don't think either of them have weaknesses. However, they both are strong against poison. roflmao

Scrolled my goblin cape on the DK. +4. Meh, I'm happy it was at least this. 13 str! 3rd slot failed.

Last edited by banditcom; 06-6-2007 at 07:32 PM..
Old 06-6-2007, 08:13 PM   #13899
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

No, that's pretty normal.

If enemies know they're gonna die, they won't move anymore while the skill that will kill them is casting. It's just that the game calculates the damage WAY before it shows up for you to see it.
Old 06-6-2007, 08:38 PM   #13900
DHS1
FFR Player

Quote:
Don't worry about it -___- I figured you would've known :/
Heh I think I know what you're getting at. I said I was lvl 80 like half a year ago lol, Ive been lvl 117-118 for soooo long

Closed Thread