Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2022, 03:56 PM   #61
loftyb
Dump Judge
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFRMas 2022 Token Giveaway!

Why did you join FFR and what makes you stick around?

My next-door neighbor showed me in 2006. I stuck around because arrows.

What is the story behind your username?

Ask and blame Mina.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why? (For example this can be someone from FFR you idolize/respect, an FFR rival that pushes you to improve, or a good friend from FFR that you made since joining.)

A user named Itmorr showed me stepmania and also furthered my knowledge on playstyles and relevant files. Dossar and Sakish were both good rivals to post scores with.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR?

Distant.

Last edited by loftyb; 12-21-2022 at 03:56 PM..
loftyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 05:06 PM   #62
Hairy Cabbage
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I originally found FFR whilst searching for charts for Stepmania back when I first discovered my love of music games. I essentially stuck around because I found it to b way more convenient to simply play premade charts on the website here than deal with having to constantly keep updating my own charts etc on SM.

My username is effectively just a port of my original Xbox live gamer tag from back in 2007. There is no crazy story too it really other than I was trying to come up with something funny to troll my school friends with when I first got xbox live, and it ended up sticking.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why? (For example this can be someone from FFR you idolize/respect, an FFR rival that pushes you to improve, or a good friend from FFR that you made since joining.)
Honestly I haven't really been super active in the community over the years, but back when Thirdstyle was a thing I was very active over there, so id have to give a shout out to all my TS homies, despite not really speaking to anyone from that era anymore.

What kind of feature would you want the most in FFR? (Can be for the game or the website.)
For the game I would like to see possibly the ability to run .sm files similar to in the April fools build of the game. I heard this was planned though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Possibly for the game/website it would be cool to be able to create and manage a custom chart playlist so you can play and share your custom charts with others on the site. Basically similar to the current "engine playlist" option, but without having to set up your own server etc. An all in one system built into the website would be pretty pog, and I'm sure a lot of the infrastructure is already in place for song submissions etc.

Last edited by Hairy Cabbage; 12-21-2022 at 05:08 PM..
Hairy Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 07:27 PM   #63
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

I googled "DDR but with keyboard" one day in engineering class in high school, and I would goof off in the back row with my classmates playing flash games. I was very into the game itself a long time ago, but The Werewolf Game is absolutely the main reason I stuck around.

Sun in my name is the Chinese surname. I really liked Dynasty Warriors games as a kid and Wu was my favorite of the Three Kingdoms, and Sun was the ruling family. I swapped from the first name that I was using online (which I don't fully remember) which was randomly generated by Everquest, to this when I wanted to make a new runescape character circa 2006. I like my name and don't really care whether people say it like "soon" or "sun"

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why?
Been in a relationship with dAnceguy117 for... so many years I forget off the top of my head now. There are many answers to this question, but I guess I do have to pick him.

Assuming you mean the game itself and not the forums, I would answer that it'd be cool to see what scores were attained on certain scroll types, so you could see who the best downscroll players are etc.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 08:07 PM   #64
Toxicity783
The Breadwinner
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znow View Post
4. I would like there to be column coloring like in other VSRGs. I know you can set all the notes to a certain color but choosing individual colors for each column on default skins would be nice. I haven't seen this so idk
There's a modifier that makes the inside and outside columns one color, but there isn't a way to have each column be a different color, which definitely needs to happen.

Toxicity783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 11:51 PM   #65
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I was visiting my parents during my 4th year of college and at that point I was pretty invested in taking up Stepmania as a hobby. However, rather than installing everything on their computers, I figured I could use FFR since I remembered the widget from Children of Bodom's Myspace page.

I was initially just using the site to keep records of scores as I'd progress, then started messaging people on profiles (I really didn't think this place was active at all), then eventually there was the photo hunt which I decided to sign up for, then the 6th official tournament came up and I really started becoming active in the community.

I haven't really looked back since, and even though I don't play anymore, I still call this community home! I do plan on coming back eventually.

So at the end of high school and in my first college year, I was a fairly messed up person. Definitely abusive in general towards others and myself, had very radical views on politics and society, and so on. I still had people I called friends but for most of them our relationship was pretty toxic. One of them nicknamed me Hatred for a few of these reasons and because of our mutual interest in death metal and it stuck around for a while. It was taken when signing up for Youtube, so I made "Hateandhatred" instead.

One day I showed up to a guy's place and he immediately attacked me, and after that we talked about it and I figured I had some serious self reflecting to do, and slowly figured myself out along the way. I don't think anyone who speaks to me or sees me interacting with people nowadays would guess I used to be an asshole like that, but that's the story.

Even though I don't really relate to this username's origin story anymore and haven't really in about 15 years, I haven't felt like switching it up, so it sticks around.

Who from FFR makes a significant impact on your involvement in the community and why?

I'm gonna cheat here, but I'll say Team Quebec. If I had to narrow it down to one single person, it would likely be someone from the gang anyway, and it could equally be any of them for different reasons, but the group as an entity is pretty special to me. We're even about to meet up again in around 2 weeks! As for why, it's a little difficult to put into words. It simply feels great to interact with the group, and that keeps me involved with the community, even though I'm barely active at all these days. I guess they feel like family, as corny as that sounds. I'm also simply not as active online in general, but yeah.

I most wanted for Quebec to be its own nationality, but that already happened, so... (thank you Prawnskunk!)

More info about songs in the engine. Types of patterns (streams, js, jacks, etc), song previews, chart previews, etc. I'd really love this feature!
Old 12-22-2022, 04:52 AM   #66
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicity783 View Post
There's a modifier that makes the inside and outside columns one color, but there isn't a way to have each column be a different color, which definitely needs to happen.
There is an option for "column colors" which makes the columns Red, Blue, Yellow, Green. You can change those colors by going to "noteskin" and changing the colors. If you change "red" to "orange" then the "red" column becomes "orange". Hope this helps!!
Old 12-22-2022, 08:54 AM   #67
XJ-9
!🤖💥👾!
Community Manager
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Wiki StaffFFR Veteran

Thank you to all of you for taking the time to participate! I had fun reading through all of the responses and it's really cool that so many of you took the time to answer all four of the questions.

I'll be announcing the token winners ASAP. I'll post screenshots with the results in this thread when ready.
XJ-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:02 AM   #68
XJ-9
!🤖💥👾!
Community Manager

Token Winners

revolutionomega

tosh

XelNya

MarcusHawkins

badman7772

radioamor

Zlyice

rayword45

Elite Ninja

Hakulyte

1M0

Wiosna

QwertyVibin

SK8R43

Toxicity783

NotSpiralingEnough

UnityBoi

Trema

Tru

Rapta

jh05013

Hateandhatred

justin

loftyb

Bonus Winners

Why stop at 24? Have some more tokens!

HBar

MysticChromium

Lights

Link251

thesunfan

Black_Shield

Ghost_Medley

T-Force

The Survivor

One last token for the person that survived through all of the spins...

awein999

Congrats to all of you! Let me know what token you want by either posting in this thread or sending a message within #events on the FFR Discord server. If you are gifting your token, keep in mind the gifting rules stated in the first post.

I'll will send out credit rewards as I send out tokens. Thanks again for participating!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:08 AM   #69
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

I will take Mario Trap, please and Thank you so much!!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:11 AM   #70
HBar
2020 Returnee
FFR Veteran

Thanks XJ! I'd like GG NO RE, please.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:13 AM   #71
Zlyice
Slightly unpronounceable
Lead Difficulty Consultant
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Veteran

Your Smile, please. Thank you!!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:15 AM   #72
jh05013
oh hi
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I will take GG NO RE, thanks!
jh05013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:48 AM   #73
Wiosna
for you, eternally
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Gift Kokeshi Cat Medley to alster1 please.

Last edited by Wiosna; 12-22-2022 at 10:48 AM..
Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 10:52 AM   #74
justin
Event Staff
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Going with MopeMope, thanks!
Old 12-22-2022, 10:56 AM   #75
1M0
FFR Player

I'd like Gerudo Valley! thanks
1M0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 11:32 AM   #76
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Thank you for hosting this neat giveaway!

I'd like the "Your Smile" token please ^^
Old 12-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #77
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'll be taking Mope Mope as my token. Thank you very much for hosting this event!
Ghost_Medley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:28 PM   #78
radioamor
anhedonia extraordinaire

I'll take GG NO RE whenever you get the opportunity, please. Thanks for hosting this!
radioamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 12:50 PM   #79
Tru
e
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile Author

"Gift" Kokeshi Cat Medley to my trumaestro account pls

Thanks for hosting! Pretty interesting to read through everyone's responses
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 01:20 PM   #80
XJ-9
!🤖💥👾!
Community Manager

Token requests have been fulfilled up to this post.

Edit: Credits have been sent out to every participant now.

Last edited by XJ-9; 12-22-2022 at 01:39 PM..