View Poll Results: do it!
YES OH MY GOD YES 42 57.53%
what? no way, brother.. 31 42.47%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-6-2015, 01:37 PM   #61
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
The ending 32nd trill in Death Piano is actually offsync. It's slightly slower than 170 BPM 32nds.
It's 170 bpm at the start slowing down unevenly to 160 bpm by the end.

And that's not the only thing offsync:
The middle slow part is COMPLETELY wrong rhythms.
The flourishes in the middle are 32nds, not 48ths.
All the 64th or 48th swing notes in the beginning are actually just 3/2 polyrhythms.

Stargroup's file is a fucking disaster. I know this because Stargroup straight copied Shash's sync and most of his layering, and even back when Shash first made his Death Piano I laughed at how bad the steps were. Now that DDReam is a thing it's only even more obvious how wrong everything is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
keep RATO in because 1. the frames are as good as they can get if memory serves
Memory is serving you very, very wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
2. having only AAAable files in public would make avrank completely meaningless (as opposed to mostly), and 3. it's fun watching people cry about it
The implication is that we'll be adding other 96+ files that aren't technical abortions in the near future to make up for the changes.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-6-2015 at 01:43 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 01:46 PM   #62
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

Default Re: petition: make RATO a stupid skill token for AAAing an 89 and make miku public

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
The implication is that we'll be adding other 96+ files that aren't technical abortions in the near future to make up for the changes.
Are they in the queue already or something? Because judging by the 96+ that are in the game, there are precious few files of that difficulty that aren't total rofldumps. (Granted they all look like rofldumps to me because I'm noob D3)
Old 02-6-2015, 01:47 PM   #63
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Pls I beg of you

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 01:59 PM   #64
alster1
What is this I don't even
FFR Veteran

I want miku to be public because that's the only way I'll ever get to play it again. RATO is seriously stupid and I'm sure the majority of the players on here agree.
Old 02-6-2015, 02:32 PM   #65
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

what's more disrespectful than banishing a shitty file as an extremely hard to achieve skill token is banishing a phenomenal file as an extremely hard to achieve skill token. The fact that such an outrageous requirement exists in the first place is a disrespect to whatever file gets assigned to it since significantly less than 1% of the active userbase will get to experience it. Scarhand [Heavy] is even pushing it a bit since AAAing a 79+ is no easy feat in itself. I've played this game for over 8 years and only recently been able to muster the skill to unlock that token, what are we trying to accomplish here with these borderline ludicrous token requirements in the first place? Skill tokens are meant to be challenging, not practically unattainable.

bitch more, rushy.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 02-6-2015 at 02:41 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 02:44 PM   #66
hi19hi19
lol happy

I disagree with that, rushy.
I think it's fine if there are skill tokens that are only attainable by a few people, or even nobody at all currently. Even the best players need something to aim for.
The attitude of "this token is too hard!" comes from a sense of being entitled to have them, and I don't think being able to experience all the files in FFR is nessecarily something that everyone should be able to get. There should always be a sense of mystery or a goal left to achieve- one or two files out of 2400 that are really, really, really hard to unlock seems like a healthy balance.

But I do agree that the file should match the token requirements, and I think Miku doesn't. At the very least because the song and artist are well-known, which tends to make me be in favor of the file being public, then of course the quality of the steps being something that is very appropriate for being public (as opposed to say, Death Piano lol)

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-6-2015 at 02:48 PM..
Old 02-6-2015, 03:01 PM   #67
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

big words coming from the person who had his freedom dive locked behind bars

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 03:07 PM   #68
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
along with a third of his other files

The only thing I'm thinking here is that if Miku is made public, there really is never going to be a true "replacement" that satisfies everyone. If it's RATO, the super-elite players will be like "this should unlock something good, not this piece of crap" and if it's a good file, we'll be right back into the situation we are now.

The only thing I can think of is to make it unlock a vROFL-esque file-not quite the difficulty of vROFL, but something so absurdly difficult that only D7 would really be able to play it well (but still make it a good file and not a rofldump).
Old 02-6-2015, 03:14 PM   #69
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

RATO wouldn't be as bad in the ranks if it wasn't for combo scoring

I personally think that should be the priority

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 03:46 PM   #70
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

semi-unrelated: Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu -Gekijouban- should be renamed The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku -Theatrical Version- imo. It's the more well-known title of the song as far as I know, and the translation is totally comprehensible unlike other things which aren't as pretty translated and better kept as transliterated e.g. Shitsubou Choco being "Disappointment Chocolate".

Last edited by ilikexd; 02-6-2015 at 04:04 PM..
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 04:05 PM   #71
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Well, that's different. FREEDOM DiVE fits my description of a file that should be public, because of popularity of the song and the way it's stepped.

I feel bad for Nathan for this reason. Miku shouldn't be a token, but at the same time I think there are files that should be tokens.
I'd be really disappointed, for example, if CirnoRHTL was made public. I wanted that to be a token, it definitely should be one, and I'm glad it is. It's a matter of making the right decision for each file based on what's best for the game and the community.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 02-6-2015 at 04:05 PM..
Old 02-6-2015, 04:22 PM   #72
tosh
O Derby, Where Art Thou?
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 04:43 PM   #73
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Well, that's different. FREEDOM DiVE fits my description of a file that should be public, because of popularity of the song and the way it's stepped.
Despite my personal dislike of the Miku file, this is probably the best reason it should be public. It seems like it's been liked too much to lock behind the D7 bars. Maybe moving Rato to it's place is not the best course of action, but it seems like most people want Miku public and I guess that's probably what should be done with it. I'd probably hold a public vote on what file should replace it. I think letting the community choose would be best.

My vote would be The Bridgeport Run. It seems a lot of people like the file and with it already being a token, adding another unlock requirement for this file would be great. (This is another one of those files that should probably be a lot more obtainable though for the same reasoning but it's better than it being a complete mystery.)
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 04:47 PM   #74
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

I voted yes.
I hate playing RATO, its never fun for me. As mentioned below maybe switching rato with miku isnt the best solution but i still think it should be public.
I played MIKU a bunch of times, and even though that one section is impossible unless you are D7 the file as a whole was still fun

Last edited by SK8R43; 02-6-2015 at 05:09 PM..
SK8R43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 05:16 PM   #75
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
I hate playing RATO
Then don't play it. Ignoring it will have the same effect as if it was moved to tokens.
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 05:17 PM   #76
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison- View Post
Then don't play it. Ignoring it will have the same effect as if it was moved to tokens.
Not exactly. Everyone has to mash it(even if alittle) just to get a good rank on it. I refuse to do that.

Last edited by SK8R43; 02-6-2015 at 05:18 PM..
SK8R43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 05:18 PM   #77
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm completely indifferent and as such have nothing to say for this thread and therefore I only did this to have my name appear on the forums.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 05:34 PM   #78
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Make RATO a purchasable song (10k+ creds).
Make Miku public.
Replace Miku with another equally awesome song.

If RATO became a ST, I'd just see it as another Party 4u song. Took a while to unlock but was not worth it.

Last edited by sickufully; 02-6-2015 at 05:36 PM..
sickufully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-6-2015, 05:49 PM   #79
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickufully View Post
Replace Miku with another equally awesome song.
And two months from now people are going to call to have said equally awesome song made public.
Old 02-6-2015, 05:58 PM   #80
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest15937 View Post
And two months from now people are going to call to have said equally awesome song made public.
How about an almost equally as awesome song. Just that tiny bit worse that Miku.

Last edited by sickufully; 02-6-2015 at 05:58 PM..
sickufully is offline   Reply With Quote