Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-7-2014, 12:53 PM   #981
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: TWG CXVIII: But Who Are Ur Friends, Really???

also, lurker you got insta'ed - if you're human then game is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 07-7-2014, 01:50 PM   #982
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Here's a game recap from me maybe it will be useful. Since this is a game that people are just going to be butthurt about and not the sort where we congratulate good plays I think a critical analysis is probably best. If it makes anyone feel any better wolves historically have a 7% advantage with this set-up, which was compounded by a bad day 1 for humans. Anyways here's my criticisms:

Gradiant - I'm sure you already know this by now, but with masons the only power you have is claiming while getting bussed. Revealing yourself before you have had a chance to coordinate with your team mates got you killed, and it confused your partners such that YMIA tipped his hand. Once we knew who two of you were we made a relatively reasonable guess about Charles (and were right). What knowing the masons did for the wolves was pretty much allow our kills to tell the thread nothing about who we were and that made this game really easy for us.

Charu - You posted way too much white noise before you left and when you did have stuff to say you sandwiched a lot of your good reasoning between fluff making it have much less force.

DarkManticoreX2 - Thanks for making it easy to lynch you. I don't know if salting your wound with a text was already more than enough but again thanks. I think you already know what your strengths and weaknesses are, and I think you know that I just took advantage of that.

yo man im awesome - You were a mason and people were suspicious of you, revealing and then taking it back was a bad move as the wolves were totally aware of the fact that you were a mason, but then the humans were not sure because they don't already know who all the humans are and are much more confused. It was not sneaky at all from the viewpoint of wolves. If you claim, you gotta commit.

YoshL - Your play was also decent but you got somewhat convinced by jrodd and never questioned that.

j-rodd123 - We pretty much appeared to have a mindmeld through the most of the thread and that was really a little unsettling to me at times. I'm surprised that we got away with it. The comments about me bussing my wolf partners were pretty good tho and you seemed to have everyone thinking you were human til the end.

Xiz - I get that you like gimmicks but you need to make sure your weird plays are coherent and you know why you are doing them. You can't rationalize a gimmicky play after the fact when that wasn't your rationalization beforehand, that is wolfy as shit. I'm sure you know this by now but it's worth bringing up again. When I'm a human I just own up to the fact that I jump all over the place and remind people that I'm doing it because I have no fucking clue who is who and I'm trying to find something. I don't jump from hella confident gutread to gutread in a matter of hours.

MrPopadopalis25 - Actually a pretty good first game as a wolf, but dude use less words. The length of your posts made you stand out, and I thought you would have picked up on jrodd's light coaching when he quoted your post and said "I'm not reading this."

DaBackpack - Again generally good play I was impressed you seemed to have good reads, but you were surrounded by bad plays. That wavering paranoia is the sort of quality that makes a really good human, whenever you have that feeling you should channel it to ask a lot of questions of people.

iluswirl - So you really teetered and tottered and didn't make any headway or have a lot of confidence about what you were doing. Players tend to vacillate between having too much confidence (xiz) and then when that bites them become tepid (like you.) It's okay to lack confidence but the thing is you should always be asking someone a question or poking someone with every post. Just look at anything and poke. The fact that you know nothing (the source of your lack of confidence) should be motivation to know something. Don't just come into the thread and say "x is acting suspicious," you come in and say "hey (slight hint of insulting tone), why did you do X?" You get answers and a feel for that persons presence of mind.

Vendetta21 - I'm proud of not getting suspicion for my manti kill, but otherwise I wouldn't say this is a game where I really broke new ground as a wolf. I didn't even bus a partner once and those are usually the plays that I think are the best and am most proud of when they go down right.

Charles Claythorne - For the most part your play was outstanding you just were trapped in a void of bad pushes and had some bad team mates.

lurker - You were in the zone in terms of how to think and what was actually suspicious, but I knew you were going to be my day 4 mark from early day 3 because your attitude was not the sort of thing that gets people to follow you. My advice is figure out where other people are at and take the time to show them where you are at, bridge the gap between their thinking and yours. Also, one of my stand-by rules for this game is never stop fighting back. I had pegged that you wouldn't fight back and knew I would lynch you if I just yelled louder and longer, I had no idea what I would even yell about I was just going to make it up as I went along. The reason I didn't even try to go with DBP is because I knew DBP would articulate himself well, which is why I tried to get him to vote you because I knew you were my mark. That sucks to hear but it's the truth.

You really, really could have gotten me killed because as soon as I voted you you had a rock-solid confirmation that I was a wolf and you knew it.
Old 07-7-2014, 03:40 PM   #983
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Wolves win!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #984
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Archived 7-21-2014 12:26 PM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Closed Thread