Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #1261
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (May 18th deadline!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
ge4ce (revision) 17 20
accepted. sup hardest file in the pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #1262
DefTeaMachine
beatboxing ninja hobo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Damn it yoshL
DefTeaMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #1263
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
also shoutouts to ossa for stepping NieN love u
You're welcome hahaha. It's a really fun file too, I think people will like it. Also, I'll take a look at what you said Glove and I'll do my best to cater to what you said.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #1264
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Quote:
catkin & teasel
when i saw valor&fission i was like ooooh yeah this must be good... but after a minute or so i was like "wtf.... ?_?". the song must be cut. the first half of the file is not very good for most part. because of the song being so weird you never get into any kind of flow when playing, it has so much odd rhythms and at the same time it's supereasy and boring. the last part was good and there was one cool part in the middle as well but you guys need to cut the song because people would quit out of this before even getting to the good part in the end. i would not feel like playing this again the way it is right now.
That's it, I need to buy a Plane ticket for Valor and myself !!

But seriously, I don't agree with cutting it because I feel like it would destroy the feel of the song if I did. The odd rhythms are kind of the point of the file as well (i.e. being an MA file). Will think about a cut and get back to you on that though. If we still decide against a cut, it will be released as a single.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #1265
dascookieman
FFR Player

yeah i understand that, perhaps you should single release it since it's a pretty special file like that but for this pack it's too easy and uneventful for most part while also being long, and i have rejected many files for this reason.

journey into sound
cool creative idea but it was pretty boring for most part with soo much of those really slow 16ths and it's so long. some parts were cool, there was one part early i really liked, but for most part it's very boring and does not have a great flow. a few of the small 16th->24th gallops sounded like it was just a 32nd but it's not important anyway. it would be really hard to make a good file to this song, especially uncut.

ignis fatuus (revision)
sorry man but i'm gonna have to end up rejecting this, now that everything is fixed the file is just too simple and uneventful, it could possibly have turned out better with some of the hard parts made differently i guess but i think we gotta give up with this file now. focus on your other bspower explosion instead

Mune Pettan 03 - kona-yta-mina-tangs be Altered Scale (revision) 11
accepted. god i hate this song lol

do i smile?
fun and challenging but that fast stream before everything turns red needs to be in different patterns. way too many staircases in general to begin with but those patterns are also supergay at that speed when they continously repeat like that. also the part with lots of 8th jumps and 2 16th jumps in there would need to come in different patterns

requien for a team (revision) 12
accepted

Xeus
superfun part with the jacks and the freezestream in the beginning was really fun too. the rest was easy but had great flow and didn't get boring. good length too. a couple of things though, the part before the stream with the freezes in the beginning it was really hard to tell if all those 16ths were really there, this should be looked at. and the piano part after the stream with the freezes in the beginning had so much piano stuff left out, why? it would make it more fun and challenging while still not becoming too hard at all, it would make some really fun jumpstream. if you were thinking climax theory and didn't want it because you have the long piano jumpstream in the end that's still no problem since that last stream was a long constant stream and will still work as a climax if this earlier part has all of the piano stepped as well. ps WTF is that cdtitle you really need a new one hahaha

if i have missed your file or if your file is accepted and not on the list, please let me know
Old 05-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #1266
04im
FFR Player

spitfire if do i smile is same as ffr im not gonna touch that shit sry...................

Quote:
Mune Pettan 03 - kona-yta-mina-tangs be Altered Scale (revision) 11
accepted. god i hate this song lol
i love u csomovioibe

Last edited by 04im; 05-19-2013 at 03:51 PM..
04im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #1267
dascookieman
FFR Player

also one random thing for those who want to:

if you have restepped a song (many files are resteps). message me about whatever you would want to put as a new subtitle for your file so that it becomes a unique pick on SMO. when you select files with the same name, subtitle and artist as another file on SMO, everyone in the room will play whichever one of the files is selected and it's annoying that you sometimes aren't playing the same file. a common thing to put as the subtitle is the name of the album.

this is of course not important, but it's a bit more convenient for SMO players
Old 05-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #1268
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

can you add "Bonkers 16: Maximum Hardcore Energy!" to the tranzport subtitle? thanks
Old 05-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #1269
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

can u add "ur a fucking wanker if u cant AAAA this" to bithowl subittle thank

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #1270
SonicX.
FFR Player

Quote:
ignis fatuus (revision)
sorry man but i'm gonna have to end up rejecting this, now that everything is fixed the file is just too simple and uneventful, it could possibly have turned out better with some of the hard parts made differently i guess but i think we gotta give up with this file now. focus on your other bspower explosion instead
! : okay :
Old 05-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #1271
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by xVaLoRx View Post
can you add "Bonkers 16: Maximum Hardcore Energy!" to the tranzport subtitle? thanks
done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMasterPie View Post
can u add "ur a fucking wanker if u cant AAAA this" to bithowl subittle thank
no =P

also added mi40's subtitles (pm)
Old 05-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #1272
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Sent Jordan!
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #1273
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baq12 View Post
Sent Jordan!
i love you
Old 05-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #1274
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

thanks for the criticism glove but I don't think I'm going to bother revising it any time soon because it already got accepted into Nuclear Blast 5 as is. I'd rather just submit it to that since this pack already has a bajillion files.
iCeCuBEz v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #1275
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

You're not using the old grading system, are you?
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #1276
moches
FFR Player

yeah, I was curious about that as well. is it the old scale or NPS+fudge factor (which was the system I used for FFR Community Pack 4)?
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #1277
04im
FFR Player

sending final touchups to earth quake

maybe i finish a certain metal file...........
Old 05-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #1278
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
You're not using the old grading system, are you?
i am using the old 10+ system since they both end up being completely subjective in the end

nps+ff has a bigger range since it goes from 1feet+, but i don't think that's a good thing since the files with very few feet can easily be overlooked. the difference between a file that has 3 and 6 feet is often times not that big for an advanced keyboard player and if you get a good AAA on the 6-footer sightread you will get the impression that the 3-footer probably would be way too boring to play and never try it. it's much better that these two files would have 10 and 11 feet as their difficulty ratings.

nps+ff also gives you inconvenient machine scores that makes it too gay to care about. i think most people still use machine scores to get a quick indication of how well you've done on a file since you can see your machine scores when scrolling through the files in stepmania, even though machine score has always been broken. it's especially convenient to use when it's a harder file and the score is not about exact number of perfects or a single combo-breaker, which is how much of this pack will score for many.

the first pack that used nps+ff as far as i know was the dark chancellors pack which came right after odipack2, and there is a pretty significant breaking point there in how files generally were made. this pack is in some ways a bit of a throwback (for example no dodgeball mine files) and i would like the old 10+ foot rating system to be used to represent that.

also with nps+ff people who don't hang out on the forums might not know what's going on and think it's pad files, or they might recognize it from previous packs and think that it means that it's another pack with a million mines in almost every file (which is something most of the nps+ff packs have =P). in all other communties as far as i know they still use the 10+ system for rating their keyboard files (they make some packs in korea and china for example)

for further discussion on this, this thread is interesting: (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=130136). what i can gather from it is that you would need a really advanced formula to be able to have a system that gives you objective foot ratings, if that could even be achieved at all. so i would prefer to use 10+ over nps+ff because of my previously mentioned reasons in this post

Last edited by dascookieman; 05-20-2013 at 01:24 AM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #1279
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu
Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (Release when graphics are done)

I don't think dark chancellors pack was nps+ff, wasn't it the 1-10 dark chancellors scale? (where 1 was a typical kil file and 10 was epileptic crisis) and I don't think nps+ff was adopted until... until... umm it wasn't until at least after xoon 5 I remember.

also, a 6 nps file is less dense than max 300 (a 7 nps), if you're good enough to AAA a max 300 equivalent then yes, a 3 nps file WOULD be too boring for you.

but, as long as the difficulty rating system you use is meaningful (as in someone or collectively a group has tried to make 11s harder than 10s easier than 12s etc) I don't mind what is in use.
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png

Last edited by Patashu; 05-20-2013 at 01:34 AM..
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #1280
04im
FFR Player

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (Release when graphics are done)

i thought the rule was

1) play hardest difficulty available
2) if you cant do the hardest difficulty, move to lower one until you can play it adequately
3) if beginner exists take a quick look at it for fun on autoplay
4) gawk at people who AAA the hardest difficulty