Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

43 minutes from now is EOD
Old 08-19-2016, 08:19 PM   #2062
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

was wondering if all the instas have changed Eod that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #2063
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
i would agree 100% if it wasn't coming out of your mouth

but sunfan i think i remember said something about this ????

in my head, dbp -> indheart wins for town, but idk, since it looks like i've been barking up the complete wrong trees this whole entire game. maybe sans xiv being weird this game, but otherwise, rip my reads

i'm actually curious, this question goes towards mashi and dabackpack, who are both currently (i think) scumreading me:
if it isn't me, then who/why

also pls elaborate on why me because i want to talk
If not you, I think I might take a look at T-Force maybe? I feel like I might be giving him too much leeway clearing him for some of benguin's posts, even if I do think they were really Humany.

MixMasterLar and Dabackpack are definitely off the table for me though. inDheart I feel is pretty Human too, but I have this lurking #tinfoil in my mind that he's a Wolf TWGod and completely duping me lol. Honestly, if you're not a Wolf, I would have 0 idea what to do next Day Phase, because I feel pretty strongly about everyone else being Human, and as much as I try, I don't see where I'm making an error in judgement, if I am making one.

Much of why I'm suspicious of you is because a lot of your posts come off as self-seeking sort of? It's not exactly the word I want, but it's close enough. Like, your first big post in the thread was more or less an attack on MixMasterLar because he pooled you into the inactives, and you never really focused out of it for the rest of the Day Phase. Likewise, while you did give a reads list late Day 0, you ended up spending a lot of time arguing with Dabackpack thereafter without really adding more to the discussion. I think similarly your focus on Zenith last Day Phase felt rather ulterior.

And there are other small things, like how you've made other short remarks and such in the thread, but much of that was with you never yet having caught up with the thread and doesn't seem like you were ever devoted to solving the game. I think you're probably going to say that "not catching up with the thread" isn't something inherently suspicious, but it's not anything that tells me you're Human either, and when others have done things that I think are Human, it begs for POE.

What's more though, I feel like a lot of your defenses have been ad hominem or dismissive of others's points, when some of the arguments against you were worth a legitimate response. I know that posts "feeling bad" isn't really a good argument and you can't really defend yourself against it, but... some of your posts just feel bad to me! I feel like a Human YoshL would probably act a bit differently than how I've seen this game, in other words.

That said, my suspicion of you isn't strong and I'm still jumping across the fence over and over, honestly. Much of the suspicion is a consequence of POE, since I feel like all the other Players have seemed more Human than you.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #2064
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
however, you do realize that in the majority of the games that I play, i get scum read a lot. basing your argument around "TOWN YOSHL DOESN'T DO THIS" doesn't do anything.
I've played almost all, if not every single one, of my games with you also in the player base. I know damn well that you get scum read a lot due to your in-your-face attitude, and ability to not hold back when it comes to basically screaming in someone's face. I know what you can do as town. THIS. IS NOT. IT.

Quote:
"You have done nothing to help us solve this game today"
I've stated my reads, and also stated my willingness to continue talking.
Right, and I can state that I'm going to go walk in traffic, but that doesn't mean I'm going to. You can state your willingness all you want, but that doesn't mean you're going to do it even though DBP fired off like 15 posts scrutinizing the game, and your involvement in it. What are waiting for? A full page? Him to call you a thundercunt? It should NOT matter if you don't like what he's saying. I would expect you to put in some fucking work to refute that instead of just baiting him.

Quote:
"you have MAYBE one solid read"
what? i think mashi, mml, are town. dabackpack, indheart more on the scummy side, and you somewhere in the middle. which one is the solid read? And do you mean a "read that i'm sure of?" because when was being sure of your reads at an end-game time indicative of wolfiness or scumminess?
Mashi. Because that's the only clear, one-sided read. Your read on MML was "herpy-derr, I was suspicious of him, but after re-reading, I don't think I want to lynch him"
DBP, as I've said before, you've flip-flopped on so many times, you should be in the Rio Olympics, and taking home the gold in gymnastics - or soccer.
inDheart is wolfy? Really? Where in your post does it say anything remotely close to that?

Quote:
llike, i can't ever shake t-force's scumminess in my eyes
Like lookin' in a mirror, eh?

Quote:
but tbh it looks a little bit like you're trying to push for an easy lynch. What puts me above the rest of the remaining living players?
Easy? Pfft. Pushing, though? Absolutely. I WANT to see town YoshL. I WANT to see you play like I know you can, but I'm not seeing it, and that bothers me.

Also, pushing an easy lynch? Pot, meet kettle. Look what you did to Zenith. He didn't help his cause, no, but you want to talk about pushing an easy lynch? You sink yourself even further by trying to lump me in with something you did not one day phase prior.

-Do I even need to state why Mashi is below you in the lynch pool? I'm gonna say no and move on.
- DBP is putting in work. And, yeah, his insta last day earns him no favours, but he is right - none of us prevented it either. Is he worth looking into, absolutely, but he's done far more than you right now.
- inDheart I don't want to touch today either due to the discussion drum up.
- MML -could- be looked at, if anything just because he's pulled a disappearing act, and I have had a null read on him because of it. I would love nothing more than for him to arrive and talk.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:31 PM   #2065
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
t-force, your current logical downfall is that your argument of me being a wolf right now is "yoshl's not acting like a town"
One last thing, dude. That's how we've been going about it basically since I've subbed it. Don't you go giving me hell for using that logic when PoE is all anyone else has used for the last 2 day phases.

Try again, dipship
Old 08-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #2066
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Unvote

Wold DPB woulda thrown a goddamn hissy fit like he did in READ THE SETUP over being the new lynch target, not go bakc and reread the tread and post-spammed us for it.

Fuck me if it is YoshL I am going to be pissed with myself.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 08-19-2016, 08:36 PM   #2067
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

VOTE COUNT
MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
T-Force -> YoshL
MixMasterLar -> Unvote

---

YoshL
X

---

Unvote:

MixMasterLar

Yet to vote:

YoshL
DaBackpack
inDheart
Charles Claythorne

Possess phantoms:

DaBackpack (+0.1)
T-Force (+0.1)

---

Xelnya -> Mashi
Xiz -> AA
Yoshiisland -> Charu
YoshL -> thesunfan
Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
Xiz -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
YoshL -> inDheart
Xelnya -> reuben_tate
inDheart -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
thesunfan -> inDheart
inDheart -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> inDheart
YoshL -> AragakiAyase
Xiz -> AragakiAyase
inDheart -> AragakiAyase
AragakiAyase -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> Arntonach
MixMasterLar -> Wineandbread
MixMasterLar -> Unvote
thesunfan -> DaBackpack
Charu -> DaBackpack
Xelnya -> Xiz
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Xiz -> MixMasterLar
DaBackpack -> MixMasterLar
inDheart -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> Charu
MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
Charles Claythorne/Mashi -> Charu
Tokzic -> inDheart
Xelnya -> Unvote
Arntonach -> Charu
thesunfan -> Unvote
Yoshiisland -> Unvote
thesunfan -> DaBackpack
reuben_tate -> Charu
AragakiAyase -> Unvote
Arntonach -> Unvote
Gradiant -> Arntonach
Tokzic -> Charu
Xelnya -> MixMasterLar
YoshL -> DaBackpack
Tokzic -> _Zenith_
_Zenith_ -> Arntonach
Tokzic -> Charu
Wineandbread -> Charu
Tokzic -> Unvote
Tokzic -> DaBackpack
thesunfan -> Unvote
Tokzic -> Unvote
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
thesunfan -> AragakiAyase
Charu -> AragakiAyase
Arntonach -> YoshL
Tokzic -> Charu
AragakiAyase -> Charu
Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
inDheart -> DaBackpack
YoshL -> AragakiAyase
Arntonach -> DaBackpack

Xiz -> thesunfan
MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Wineandbread -> Tokzic
Xiz -> Xelnya
Xiz -> Unvote
_Zenith_ -> Yoshiisland
thesunfan -> Wineandbread
thesunfan -> _Zenith_
inDheart -> Yoshiisland
Charles Claythorne -> Gradiant
inDheart -> _Zenith_
Xiz -> MixMasterLar
Xiz -> Wineandbread
Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
Charles Claythorne -> Tokzic
Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
YoshL -> Wineandbread

Gradiant -> MixMasterLar
MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
thesunfan -> Tokzic
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Gradiant -> Unvote
thesunfan -> Unvote
_Zenith_ -> inDheart
Gradiant -> Tokzic
_Zenith_ -> Tokzic
inDheart -> Tokzic
YoshL -> Tokzic

YoshL -> _Zenith_
T-Force -> _Zenith_
thesunfan -> _Zenith_
_Zenith_ -> _Zenith_
DaBackpack -> _Zenith_

---

Today's theme:

Last edited by roundbox; 08-19-2016 at 08:37 PM..
Old 08-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #2068
T-Force
Your world ends with you

The summon is real!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:41 PM   #2069
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Regarding the Zenith insta, yes, in hindsight it was stupid, but he had literally given up at that point, and I publicly announced my intent to do so around 10 minutes before I placed the final vote. People were in the thread. Even sunfan was watching and nobody stopped me. The point of saying that I'm voting someone is to see if anybody has any reservations before I do it. Everyone just watched.
For future games:

Never insta

Quote:
Xel pushes really hard on inDheart here
Doesn't mean anything. He voted Xiz and that early in the game the votes where all that anyone wanted to remember. A wolf can easily slander somone early and then place a vote somewhere else. If he had gotten back to InDHeart later/did it at EoD I'll be more inclined to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Actually, speaking of disappearing, where's Lar? I haven't seen him in thread and his only post was at 2:52 AM my time and it was to vote for DBP.
I like to think I left more then that.

IRL stuff happening, catching up with old friends and the like. I really shouldn't have joined the game in hinsight and I'll probably sit out the next dozen lol. That said, it is funny this is coming from the guy who thought it was a good town move to not read the thread (something that I at least do, if nothing else)

Quote:
i'm honestly still waiting for concrete things to pop up so i can address them rather than "yoshl is top scum because he feels bad"
IDK man I got alot more out of those.

Quote:
i see dabackpack flailing, and that's actually it.

can you like, try making a coherent argument at this point
This makes you look pretty bad. He isn't flailing in the slightest. Misguided? Wrong? Full of shit? You can argue those points if you like. Flailing? nope. I've seen ol' backpack flail before and this isn't it.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #2070
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

something I wanted to address were the votes this phase so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Well, while Zenith flipping town was frustrating, and SunFun's death will be a blow to us, I feel like town is probably in a better place then we where yesterday. Or at least, I feel like I'm in a clearer state of mind game wise.

This post struck me wrong, because I didnt think you had ever scum read YoshL this entire game. I decided to check and as it turns out you've never made a reads list this entire game. Ever.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...archid=5512376

So that's all your post in the game, BackPack. More then me, now. Most barely more then three lines long and nary a solid read list among them, unless you double check my happy mobile using ass and find something.

Reading them backwards, having read the thread (some parts mutiple times) it really looks like a list of sheeping, piggybacking, obvious, or reiterating post with little original thought, like you've just been skirting by.

And hey, you've been gone all weekend and that's great, but the whole last day few days where focused on getting our piles in order and trying to solve the game, and for you to have only made one post where you say you only liked two people (one being [i] SunFan[I/]) and nothing else, while still trying to act so sure that you know Zenith should be lynch that you Insta him (after being warned he was near insta, and even InDHeart pointing out there was no need earning a little of my respect)....well, that comes off as somewhat intentional, like you never planned to try and piece too much of the puzzle together to start and you'll happy to make sure the lynch happens sooner and our next targets are already set up ahead of time.

Sorry, but just as Sun Fan doubled down in trusting his gut and said you couldnt be wolf, I will double down trusting mine and say that I feel that I pegged you right d0; and now, Time has told it's tale.
I might normally be suspicious of someone who "locks in" their vote early in the phase because it would be an easy to way for a wolf to get a vote in and direct a mislynch without having to put on the facade of solving the game

but the emotion here reads more like a frustrated town who has a strong read that nobody's agreed with and is bullshit tired of being told he's wrong

I was concerned that MML's presence here today was little but I still have him as town right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 08-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #2071
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Everyone is scum reading YoshL now and I don't know how I feel about it. That said, T-Force's post about him flip-flopping and YoshL's weak response make me feel like I'll be a full to try and defend him.

Fuck me.

I do think I want to take DPB off the table though. I will stand by that.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #2072
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
One last thing, dude. That's how we've been going about it basically since I've subbed it. Don't you go giving me hell for using that logic when PoE is all anyone else has used for the last 2 day phases.

Try again, dipship
you're saying that people have been using PoE for the last 2 day phases, which is pretty dumb, and kinda insulting to actually every other player in this game

the reason i bring up your reasoning is because it's pretty wrong, and you don't really have any other logic to show for it. you haven't addressed any interactions that i have had, or any of the flipped people's reads about me. That's been the rest of the people in this game, and so far all you've done is try and push me, (from what i'm seeing) because the big voices are also pushing in that direction. You can say that i haven't put in work at all, but then clearly you haven't been reading, or keeping up properly, which is amazing that i can personally say that given that my investment in this game has been lackluster for my own standards.

i enjoy that you try to take my insults and hurl them back at me though, especially since you still haven't illustrated any substance to your read other than "THIS CANT BE YOSHL TOWN GUYS THATS MY REASONING HES NOT ACTING TOWN"

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:47 PM   #2073
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

the stuff about dabackpack flailing was moreso that he wasn't present beforehand, and then offered up a flurry of posts, which i personally felt were awkward at the time.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #2074
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
something I wanted to address were the votes this phase so far

I might normally be suspicious of someone who "locks in" their vote early in the phase because it would be an easy to way for a wolf to get a vote in and direct a mislynch without having to put on the facade of solving the game

but the emotion here reads more like a frustrated town who has a strong read that nobody's agreed with and is bullshit tired of being told he's wrong

I was concerned that MML's presence here today was little but I still have him as town right now

Oh right, I meant to address something related to this.

I fully expected YoshL to jump me for voting to soon, and for voting someone that (IIRC) he was town leaning at the time. Instead, he pretty easily agreed with me.

Which, I mean I aint voting him for that or whatever, but I actually did post that assuming I was going to get jumped for it. I was a little disappointed that didn't happen.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #2075
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

EOD in 10 minutes.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #2076
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
the stuff about dabackpack flailing was moreso that he wasn't present beforehand, and then offered up a flurry of posts, which i personally felt were awkward at the time.
This is fair enough. I made the same comment when he did it the first time on d0.

Buuuuut I've had to accept that he's just going to post like that. Been doing it all game I believe.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #2077
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Quote:
Right, and I can state that I'm going to go walk in traffic, but that doesn't mean I'm going to. You can state your willingness all you want, but that doesn't mean you're going to do it even though DBP fired off like 15 posts scrutinizing the game, and your involvement in it. What are waiting for? A full page? Him to call you a thundercunt? It should NOT matter if you don't like what he's saying. I would expect you to put in some fucking work to refute that instead of just baiting him.
excuse me?

Quote:
Mashi. Because that's the only clear, one-sided read. Your read on MML was "herpy-derr, I was suspicious of him, but after re-reading, I don't think I want to lynch him"
DBP, as I've said before, you've flip-flopped on so many times, you should be in the Rio Olympics, and taking home the gold in gymnastics - or soccer.
inDheart is wolfy? Really? Where in your post does it say anything remotely close to that?
you have me as scum, and haven't expressed anything else this phase. I'm so glad that you've also decided to address the other question here, the actual pressing one. How does being unsure lead to also being wolfy

You're pressing without reasons.

Quote:
Easy? Pfft. Pushing, though? Absolutely. I WANT to see town YoshL. I WANT to see you play like I know you can, but I'm not seeing it, and that bothers me.
It should NOT matter if you don't like what he's saying.

Quote:
Also, pushing an easy lynch? Pot, meet kettle. Look what you did to Zenith. He didn't help his cause, no, but you want to talk about pushing an easy lynch? You sink yourself even further by trying to lump me in with something you did not one day phase prior.
I pushed zenith initially, without anyone else pushing him. You're pushing on me after everyone is expressing a scum lean on me. there's a very clear difference in that you're also being universally town read, so you have very little risk either in jumping on the big bandwagon.

Quote:
-Do I even need to state why Mashi is below you in the lynch pool? I'm gonna say no and move on.
- DBP is putting in work. And, yeah, his insta last day earns him no favours, but he is right - none of us prevented it either. Is he worth looking into, absolutely, but he's done far more than you right now.
- inDheart I don't want to touch today either due to the discussion drum up.
- MML -could- be looked at, if anything just because he's pulled a disappearing act, and I have had a null read on him because of it. I would love nothing more than for him to arrive and talk.
"i don't want to state why mashi is more towny"
"dbp has put in more work than you so more towny"
"indheart generic statement about sdiscussion"
"mml left so null"

do you fucking think you can call my reads bad when you have this pile of fucking garbage

Quote:
Old 08-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #2078
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Okay, I went back to look at YoshL's day today.

Starting off with these:

Nothing alignment-indicative here.

Next, after the phantom clear-up, we have this post which is just an entire flip-flop on DBP that looks like it has substance, but still ends being nothing more than "idfk".

Following that is a reads list. Quick, has ideas, but nothing solid. You've got:
- Possible wolf?
- Town? Basically the line is "i've had pretty big suspicion on him that i haven't let up on, despite it shrinking away as phases went on (especially after xiz died), but i haven't really stopped and taken a step back until his posts earlier this phase to look back and re-evaluate what i /really/ felt. I wouldn't personally touch him anymore" The hell is that?
- "up in the air" So null.
- ???
- Town

A+, 10/10, would read again.

Followed up by him not reading DBP as a wolf,

ONLY TO FLIPFLOP YET AGAIN.

And then we get to the last 2.

How about not so much that you feel bad, but you actually ARE bad? This isn't town YoshL. Town YoshL gets in -everyone's- face regardless of when it is, and doesn't relent until he has his answers. Town YoshL doesn't half-ass ANYTHING and yet looking at his entire day so far? Calling it half-assed is being generous. You have done nothing to help us solve this game today, you have MAYBE one solid read, and you've been basically fluffing your posts to give them length, when in reality, YOU GIVE NO SOLID OPINION.

tl;dr, this is not Town YoshL.
I agree with the points in this post --- esp if you look at who has been expending the most effort this phase to solve the game, YoshL is towards the bottom

with most of the rest of us, you can feel panic and uncertainty because we are afraid of mislynching. YoshL doesn't feel that way, despite a bit of uncertainty on me, and it seems more like his posts are more for the sake of establishing his own position in the game, vs actually "solving it"

however I think if this is a mislynch, T-Force deserves scrutiny tomorrow

this could be an effort to capitalize on suspicion towards YoshL and "lock in" a position -> esp when YoshL I think is the only person he's publicly ISO'd so far

something ELSE worth considering is that most of his effort has been on me and YoshL --- two of the historically most suspicious people in this game. it might be him digging his claws in the easiest mislynch, but at the same time it makese sense from a towny standpoint to mostly investigate those that desrerve investigation, so to speak

I think YoshL dies today though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 08-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #2079
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

I think i iterated it in my reads post, but MML suspicion was falling on you throughout like the past day phase, but i never bothered to reexamine myself to actually establish where i was on you.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2016, 08:53 PM   #2080
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

honestly i think me dying is the best, because leaving me for final 4 is disgusting for town.

Quote:
Closed Thread