Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 09:16 AM   #1961
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

i'm inclined to extend what mashi did for zenith and see how wolf buddies looked at each of us

i don't wanna say something like "dbp's meta caught up with him" and call it a game, i want at least something else
Old 08-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #1962
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
zenith
Why did you end up Instaing Zenith? Particularly, after his self-vote?

I feel regretful about Zenith, but if I were there at Phase end (I would have been there the last hour, but I may or may not have accidentally took the wrong bus home...), I think I probably would have ended up voting him anyway. It's really making me start ruminating over YoshL more though, because the same uncertainty I had for Zenith goes for YoshL as well and like... idk how to articulate it. Like, if YoshL ends up being a Wolf and I don't lynch him, I'm going to be really mad at myself for not going with my feeling, but something is feeling off for me. It made me feel a bit more confident that sunfan more or less agreed exactly with all my reads, but something's bothering me. sunfan, if YoshL does end up being the last Wolf, you can blame me for not pushing him strongly, because idk if I want him lynched anymore.

YoshL, what are your reads at this point in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i'm inclined to extend what mashi did for zenith and see how wolf buddies looked at each of us

i don't wanna say something like "dbp's meta caught up with him" and call it a game, i want at least something else
From memory, I think the most notable thing is that XelNya commented right after Dabackpack entered the game something like "what's wrong with your posts," and then later, when I commented that I had missed Dabackpack's posts the first time around and thought one of them was funny, XelNya also commented that he 'missed' them and commented that the entrance was weird. I felt before that might be more of an indication that they're not Partners (since XelNya would seem to have 'forgotten' his Partner's entrance posts), but I'm starting to rethink that stance. Right now, I think the most Human thing Dabackpack's done this game is have a very Human emotional reaction, particularly to YoshL, near the beginning of the game. I would like to trust sunfan's and my instinct about it, but even though I think it's much more likely to have been a genuine reaction to come from a Human, there's always that one small possibility of it being a faked (or 'channeled') anger from a Wolf to seem Human.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:03 PM   #1963
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

asdf

i think i expressed my opinions on dabackpack. I think as an addition to the stuff i've said so far, he's much more likely to be active when there's 1 wolf left as a town rather than the wolf, especially with how the wolf team got nuked one night suddenly (and after xel's modkill i guess)

with MML, i think my outward opinion showing towards him vs. my inner read has been very skewed, as in i've had pretty big suspicion on him that i haven't let up on, despite it shrinking away as phases went on (especially after xiz died), but i haven't really stopped and taken a step back until his posts earlier this phase to look back and re-evaluate what i /really/ felt. I wouldn't personally touch him anymore

indheart is up in the air. he's said a lot, and i've mentioned in previous reads posts that he's kinda done a lot in terms of contributions, but the fact that nothing has really stuck out to me in this whole game, like, nothing he's done felt really controversial to me makes me feel uncomfortable. Of course, coming right after the zenith lynch makes me feel even more torn over him.

t-force is ??? i read him about as well as i read any other inactive. I wasn't active in thread when ben really posted anything, so i still don't have a good indication of how active/how good his posts were. T-force's general posting style always feels scummy to me (i don't think this is an exception) but given that he's being universally town read for now (the slot at least) i feel like it's a little safer to give him a town lean. Disregarding the incorporation of everyone else's opinions though, he'd be sitting null, probably more town sided than indheart though.

mashi has been making quality posts and jesus christ if he's scum after this i'll probably stop calling him cute. I believe that pretty much all of his opinions and reads are actually legit reads based on the analysis and evidence that he's pulling pretty much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #1964
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

i feel like, re-reading i'm turning a 180 on dbp again though

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #1965
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Quote:
I feel like it's worth mentioning that with only one wolf left, mindsets should be more collaborative since almost everybody this game is going to be genuine
maybe not a 180. This post makes me feel ultra uncomfortable

i'm fairly sure, at the end of the previous phase dbp was being pretty much fully town read by everyone

i don't think this statement is true at all - just because people are town does not necessarily mean that the reads will also align. feels like something convenient to say to keep himself in the green

Quote:
Old 08-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #1966
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
From memory, I think the most notable thing is that XelNya commented right after Dabackpack entered the game something like "what's wrong with your posts," and then later, when I commented that I had missed Dabackpack's posts the first time around and thought one of them was funny, XelNya also commented that he 'missed' them and commented that the entrance was weird. I felt before that might be more of an indication that they're not Partners (since XelNya would seem to have 'forgotten' his Partner's entrance posts), but I'm starting to rethink that stance. Right now, I think the most Human thing Dabackpack's done this game is have a very Human emotional reaction, particularly to YoshL, near the beginning of the game. I would like to trust sunfan's and my instinct about it, but even though I think it's much more likely to have been a genuine reaction to come from a Human, there's always that one small possibility of it being a faked (or 'channeled') anger from a Wolf to seem Human.
i haven't done my full dive yet, but from what i remember, xel's actions also make me feel even better about MML since he voted MML to break the day 0 kitb

i don't think you would want to put a partner so close to death even if there is like an hour left in the phase for things to change. that was iirc the 4th vote on him, breaking the 3-way tie of 3 votes each
Old 08-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #1967
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Home now, caught up a bit, and I do want to look at something with last night's lynch.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #1968
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
declaring intent to vote Zenith
Posted at 5:43 PST.

Zenith votes for himself at 5:44.

Quote:
we have time
5:48.

Quote:
zenith
5:49.

Hmm.. Zenith self votes -after- the intent was voiced by DBP, and DBP's insta
was another 5 minutes after that. I can't put too much stock into inDheart's comment because for all I know that's 5:48:59 and DBP voted at like 5:49:05, but that's still odd that, with us being at L-1 (and DBP should've known), he insta's despite an hour-plus remaining.
Phantoms or not, we still have an hour left, so there shouldn't be that much of a rush if you're town.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:13 PM   #1969
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Is DBP that obvious though?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:13 PM   #1970
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Also, town points for inDheart for the reminder about us having time (even though it was all for naught).
Old 08-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #1971
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Will also look into the YoshL-Zenith scuffle from last day again. With the knowledge that Zenith is town, maybe there's more to be gleamed from it.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:22 PM   #1972
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Well, while Zenith flipping town was frustrating, and SunFun's death will be a blow to us, I feel like town is probably in a better place then we where yesterday. Or at least, I feel like I'm in a clearer state of mind game wise.

This post struck me wrong, because I didnt think you had ever scum read YoshL this entire game. I decided to check and as it turns out you've never made a reads list this entire game. Ever.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...archid=5512376

So that's all your post in the game, BackPack. More then me, now. Most barely more then three lines long and nary a solid read list among them, unless you double check my happy mobile using ass and find something.

Reading them backwards, having read the thread (some parts mutiple times) it really looks like a list of sheeping, piggybacking, obvious, or reiterating post with little original thought, like you've just been skirting by.

And hey, you've been gone all weekend and that's great, but the whole last day few days where focused on getting our piles in order and trying to solve the game, and for you to have only made one post where you say you only liked two people (one being [i] SunFan[I/]) and nothing else, while still trying to act so sure that you know Zenith should be lynch that you Insta him (after being warned he was near insta, and even InDHeart pointing out there was no need earning a little of my respect)....well, that comes off as somewhat intentional, like you never planned to try and piece too much of the puzzle together to start and you'll happy to make sure the lynch happens sooner and our next targets are already set up ahead of time.

Sorry, but just as Sun Fan doubled down in trusting his gut and said you couldnt be wolf, I will double down trusting mine and say that I feel that I pegged you right d0; and now, Time has told it's tale.
I don't write reads lists, that's not my style

if you read again you'll notice that my opinions and attitudes occurs immediately as they come into my mind --- none of them are really premeditated. Read any game of mine, they won't have a reads list in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 08-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #1973
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Regarding the Zenith insta, yes, in hindsight it was stupid, but he had literally given up at that point, and I publicly announced my intent to do so around 10 minutes before I placed the final vote. People were in the thread. Even sunfan was watching and nobody stopped me. The point of saying that I'm voting someone is to see if anybody has any reservations before I do it. Everyone just watched.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-18-2016, 07:25 PM   #1974
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quick reads list as well from where I am at the moment.

DBP - Null and leaning wolfy due to the rushed insta.
-
MML - I know you posted, but nothing really sticks out at me? Null.
YoshL - Mindmelding with you is not something I do often, and when I do, it ends badly for one of us. I have you leaning town because of the Zenith discussion, but I reserve the right to change that upon re-read.
-
Mashi - Town as hell. Not touching him with a 10 foot pole today.
inDheart - Not touching with a 10 foot pole today either. The effort put in is not something I'd expect from a wolf (especially a newer player), plus, like I said, town points from EoD yesterday.

Might look more into MML as well, and I, for the life of me, can't even recall what he's reading anyone as.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #1975
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
maybe not a 180. This post makes me feel ultra uncomfortable

i'm fairly sure, at the end of the previous phase dbp was being pretty much fully town read by everyone

i don't think this statement is true at all - just because people are town does not necessarily mean that the reads will also align. feels like something convenient to say to keep himself in the green
obviously opinions will differ, but the point is that the doubt comes from holes in reasoning instead of paranoid suspicion

we can trust that no collusion is occurring between wolf partners.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #1976
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Regarding the Zenith insta, yes, in hindsight it was stupid, but he had literally given up at that point, and I publicly announced my intent to do so around 10 minutes before I placed the final vote. People were in the thread. Even sunfan was watching and nobody stopped me. The point of saying that I'm voting someone is to see if anybody has any reservations before I do it. Everyone just watched.
You've played this game long enough to know that, from a town point of view, rushing an insta is not the best town move. We had over an hour left to discuss and that got wasted.
I don't care if Zenith gave up - that was beyond obvious - but we can still talk about other people or other things.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #1977
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
You've played this game long enough to know that, from a town point of view, rushing an insta is not the best town move. We had over an hour left to discuss and that got wasted.
I don't care if Zenith gave up - that was beyond obvious - but we can still talk about other people or other things.
from a strictly theoretical standpoint it's not, but it happens anyway

I only placed the final vote, Zenith was at L-1 for around 5 minutes at that point? People were there, including people that had their votes on him, and I made it really clear that I was going to vote him.

I'm being made out to be a scapegoat for a mislynch here. If he was a wolf, I don't think people would be calling me stupid here

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #1978
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

@MML I definitely had YoshL in my sights this game.

However, that post was mostly one out of PoE at that point

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 08-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #1979
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Fair point, but it's still pretty opportunistic to just end the day despite that much time left.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:33 PM   #1980
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
i haven't done my full dive yet, but from what i remember, xel's actions also make me feel even better about MML since he voted MML to break the day 0 kitb

i don't think you would want to put a partner so close to death even if there is like an hour left in the phase for things to change. that was iirc the 4th vote on him, breaking the 3-way tie of 3 votes each
will need to verify this but if so, that looks really good for MML

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Closed Thread