Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark
Default Sucker Punch

I went into this movie with fairly low expectations, but holy god damn effing shit this movie is one of the most awesome things I've seen in a really long time. Perfectly played storyline which suits the sex appeal in a non corny way. The special effects were absolutely fantastic. Acting wasn't even all that half bad for a bunch of prostitutes xD

I seriously give this movie a 10/10
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3
Default Re: Sucker Punch

Anyone who did not see this in IMAX was ripped off. Period. Coincidentally this was the first IMAX movie I've ever seen because I knew when I first saw a preview back in February that this was going to be awesome. My sister and I drove 55 miles to the nearest IMAX theater and all 55 miles of the way home we could not stop talking about how incredible it was.

tl'dr: GO EFFING SEE IT IN IMAX
Old 03-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

i so want to see it. and now i must
Old 03-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

really now, i may have to go watch this then
Old 03-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark

I indeed did see it in IMAX, well worth it.

I don't understand why they chose the title "Sucker Punch", it never referenced anything about it at all.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

I might even go see it again and get a better seat this time because I got to the theater a bit late so I ended up sitting 13 rows back and waaaay over to the left. :/
Old 03-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
Rubin0
FFR Player

The reviews are abysmal but the girls are uber hot and the movie looks awesome. Screw the critics. I know I'm going to like this one.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

movie will be a shitshow but i would **** the living shit out of vanessa hudgens in that outfit oh my lord
Old 03-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #9
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Even if you go into this movie thinking it will be absolute garbage, I can guarantee you'll leave the movie completely amazed at how great it really is.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:12 AM   #10
Norsk
FFR Player

It was awesome. Nuff said.
Norsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #11
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Even if you go into this movie thinking it will be absolute garbage, I can guarantee you'll leave the movie completely amazed at how great it really is.
nah, pretty sure i won't. i mean, there's always a chance, but the reviews thus far have been exactly what i expected--visually maybe cool but overall just really dumb. even though it was a close adaptation of the comic, the dude managed to give Watchmen the same effect. positive this will be the same, sorry. MUCH less an, um, 10/10.... but i'll give it a try just to see
Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #12
linky123456
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to linky123456 Send a message via Yahoo to linky123456

The movie wasn't that good. Plot made no sense and the voice overs had nothing to do with anything. The idea of the movie was actually pretty cool, but the director failed to pull it off.

except for the action scenes and the women, That shit was awesome.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #13
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by linky123456 View Post
Plot made no sense
Coming from someone who can count to 6.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #14
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

i saw the movie last night, it was ****ing incredible
and oh my god im with robert about ****ing the shit out of vanessa in that outfit
Old 03-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #15
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

yeah sonnnnn
Old 03-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #16
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Well I've figured it out.

I've spent the last hour reading horrible review after horrible review given to this film. Some are calling this Zach Snyder's (director) career suicide...but I most certainly believe that these critics have gotten this all very wrong. In a technical "traditional" sense, this movie sucks, which is also where it absolutely shines. This movie is not traditional by any means, it touches base with every person who's ever played a video game. It envelopes you in a complete fantasy world where laws of physics and realism don't apply.

This movie was MADE for the geek/gamer/dreamer...and considering how absolutely massive the gaming community is in today's society, this film is going to absolutely shine like no other. Think about it...how many hours have you put into games like Grand Theft Auto? Can you tell me about the storyline? Probably not, you just know the game is awesome. This movie is pretty much a "sandbox" type movie, where you do what you want, yeah the story is there, but you'd much rather just blow shit up in the most fantastical and ridiculous ways possible.

So if you've ever been the type of person to immerse yourself in a video game of pretty much any sort, this movie is for you. If you're a film buff who enjoys being technically correct with camera shots and hyper in-depth storytelling. Skip this one.

My two cents.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
ddrxero64
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Well I've figured it out.

I've spent the last hour reading horrible review after horrible review given to this film. Some are calling this Zach Snyder's (director) career suicide...but I most certainly believe that these critics have gotten this all very wrong. In a technical "traditional" sense, this movie sucks, which is also where it absolutely shines. This movie is not traditional by any means, it touches base with every person who's ever played a video game. It envelopes you in a complete fantasy world where laws of physics and realism don't apply.

This movie was MADE for the geek/gamer/dreamer...and considering how absolutely massive the gaming community is in today's society, this film is going to absolutely shine like no other. Think about it...how many hours have you put into games like Grand Theft Auto? Can you tell me about the storyline? Probably not, you just know the game is awesome. This movie is pretty much a "sandbox" type movie, where you do what you want, yeah the story is there, but you'd much rather just blow shit up in the most fantastical and ridiculous ways possible.

So if you've ever been the type of person to immerse yourself in a video game of pretty much any sort, this movie is for you. If you're a film buff who enjoys being technically correct with camera shots and hyper in-depth storytelling. Skip this one.

My two cents.
Sounds EXACTLY like Scott Pilgrim. I'm gonna go watch this online.

Update: I watched the first 30 minutes, and it seems very uninteresting. Plot wise at least. I'm not much of a dramatic special effect filled scene kind of guy, but it's definitely not ALL that. It's kinda good I guess, but for vidoe game fans Scott Pilgrim was way better.
ddrxero64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #18
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Are you seriously watching some shitty video camera version of this what the hell is wrong with you.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #19
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Can't wait to see it in IMAX. What do tickets run for nowadays?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

2 tickets ran me $37, but that's here in California, don't know how much it would be elsewhere.