Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2023, 10:53 AM   #41
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: how's life been guys

I feel like a lot has happened for me, but I'll just summarize only the major good portions.

· Been working full-time as a creative designer for a very large print company for over 6 years. I work with million and billion dollar corporations on the daily, so I guess that's pretty cool when I think about it. Contrary to popular belief, print is in fact NOT dying and I don't think it ever will die, both a good and bad thing. I've been working in the industry for over a decade now, which is also mind blowing to think about for me.

· Still on my rock climbing (bouldering) hobby. Sent some indoor V8s, and now I'm psyched for more outdoor bouldering sessions this year and in the future. I'm the fittest I've ever felt in my lifetime and I'm over 30 years old.

· Went to see my favourite artist Dreamcatcher live twice now. Saw them last year in July 2022 in Minneapolis, and again in March 2023 in New York. Did a fan meet and greet and got the opportunity to take a photo with them as well. I love them so much.

· I guess worth mentioning as well, I'm part of the 7Dreamers team, which is the official global fan club for Dreamcatcher. I'm a Twitter admin and graphic designer for them, so the majority of graphics you see on their social media currently are created by me.

Probably missing some stuff, but overall I'm content with life right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta64 View Post
super good!
been picking up bouldering/rock climbing as a hobby and have made some friends through that.
ayyy glad to see other climbers pop up here

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 02:09 PM   #42
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Started therapy in July and started reading nonfiction books. For the first time in my life, I genuinely want to take care of myself. I finally feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you're silently suffering and you're considering therapy, you can do it! A healthy mind is everything. Personally, I feel reborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 05-20-2023 at 02:09 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 02:58 PM   #43
Adriano264
THE ONLY PERUVIAN ALIVE
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

(sry i cant speak english) no sé la verdad, tengo mala memoria pero lo único que puedo recordar es que desde que me expulsaron del colegio estoy mas estudioso (mucho tiempo libre), y también me quieren poner a chambear y tal vez me terminen mandando para otro colegio (si es que regreso, depende de mi psicologa si me dice que "si" o me dice que "no", pero eso se verá el día miercoles)

y pues aparte de eso, todo sigue siendo lo mismo, creo
Old 07-20-2023, 12:04 PM   #44
zatfer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
how is life for ffr

i'm getting my masters, starting a new counseling job soon, recently got a cat. i'm also 26 which is weird to think about

t-force don't answer this question i don't care to know about your life
As a student, I've faced numerous academic challenges, and writing essays has often been a daunting task. Recently, I decided to try personal statement services for crafting an important essay, and it was a game-changer. Their assistance was impeccable, and the essay turned out outstanding. They skillfully presented my experiences and aspirations, making my personal statement stand out. The best part was the time saved and the confidence gained, knowing that my essay was in capable hands. I was impressed by their professionalism and dedication to delivering a high-quality piece. Using personal statement services is a brilliant option for any student looking to excel in their academic journey!
Life going well.

Last edited by zatfer; 07-29-2023 at 06:49 AM..
zatfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 09:44 PM   #45
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

Quote:
how is life for ffr

i'm getting my masters, starting a new counseling job soon, recently got a cat. i'm also 26 which is weird to think about

t-force don't answer this question i don't care to know about your life
Went back to college after 11 years and working towards my masters in Counseling!

Bought a house and I'm engaged! All of this happened right when I turned 30 and it's just getting better!
rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:04 AM   #46
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Started therapy in July and started reading nonfiction books. For the first time in my life, I genuinely want to take care of myself. I finally feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

If you're silently suffering and you're considering therapy, you can do it! A healthy mind is everything. Personally, I feel reborn.
fuck yea dude self care gang
Old 08-2-2023, 05:14 PM   #47
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Start teaching this month in the second deadliest (last year deadliest) precinct in NYC

Let’s go
Old 08-3-2023, 02:33 PM   #48
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

getting married soon
work is work
finally have consistent gym and diet habits

seems to be going ok rn
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2023, 10:53 AM   #49
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

Quote:
DOG PICS
Here goes. He's a Yorkshire Terrier, and we named him Fidel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shikari for resident profile artist
Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-7-2023, 07:42 PM   #50
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Crazy how life has grown for so many people that used to hit keys to 2000's music and are still around

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 09:58 PM   #51
flipsta_lombax
Lombax Connoisseur
FFR Veteran

Entering another chapter of my life. Got my folks living with me now, plans for Vegas changed but things apparently happen for a reason. First time in 5 years I celebrated my birthday with my fam today. Life is finally turning around, happier than I've ever been.

Plus I play FFR when I can, I still got it [kinda]. FMOs are a bit difficult now but I'll get there again somehow

Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}
flipsta_lombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 03:21 PM   #52
hazard28
That old weeb
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to hazard28

Lifes been pretty busy but good. Got married 5 years ago and got a house. Still doing graphic design as a job but hopefully switching companies for a bigger role soon, really want some more itasha and house projects. Started going to the gym about 3 years ago and lost a lot of weight (235 to 178), now just trying to get a bit toned haha. Also picked this game back up a couple years ago and play a bit after work and on the weekends, inching towards my dream of hitting D7 one day. Still an anime nerd and still love music so that hasn't changed, just adulting I guess haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
Well, you'd have to print them out first.
hazard28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 07:21 PM   #53
rotari17
FFR Player

Smile Re: how's life been guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard28 View Post
Lifes been pretty busy but good. Got married 5 years ago and got a house. Still doing graphic design as a job but hopefully switching companies for a bigger role soon, really want some more itasha and house projects. Started going to the gym about 3 years ago and lost a lot of weight (235 to 178), now just trying to get a bit toned haha. Also picked this game back up a couple years ago and play a bit after work and on the weekends, inching towards my dream of hitting D7 one day. Still an anime nerd and still love music so that hasn't changed, just adulting I guess haha.
you're doing great!
rotari17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 10:24 PM   #54
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikari View Post
Here goes. He's a Yorkshire Terrier, and we named him Fidel:

WHAT A HAPPY BOY

edit: also hell yeah look at people leveling up in life. glad this thread's still kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsr2 View Post
Went back to college after 11 years and working towards my masters in Counseling!

Bought a house and I'm engaged! All of this happened right when I turned 30 and it's just getting better!
masters in counseling sounds dope. what type of counseling? are you trying to get an lpc/lpcc lmft or what
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 08-13-2023 at 10:32 PM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-3-2023, 06:27 AM   #55
xxXitsunexx
FFR Player

I graduated university with a bachelor's in engineering and have been working as a business analyst for 2 years now, however, I still feel like I'm going nowhere in life tbh.

I also have been having a lot of negative events happen to me: my winter white hamster passed away in March, broke up with my ex from a 5 year relationship, my salary got cut, just recently got out of 2 months worth of hell of working unpaid overtime (working up to 12+ hours a day), and have been physically ill for a while.

As for the positives, well, at least I'm living as my authentic self now and have a beautiful girlfriend who loves me dearly. I'm also super relieved that I've managed to have a glow-up after all these years.

I'm currently working on improving my mental and physical health. One of the reasons I came back to check on FFR after not being here for so long was to feel the "happy nostalgia" vibes and reconnect with a few friends from back in the day.

Anyways, it's nice to see some people I'm familiar with still here and thriving. I wish you all the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buta-san
Maybe if I leave a dildo on my KB i can pass
Edit: It would have to vibrate though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya
HEY
I'M NOT BLACK
I'M AN INDEPENDENT WHITE MAN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya
My 21 year old body is reacting like a fucking teenage girl watching romantic movies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
anime, video games, friends, school, work, repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXAll-ProXx
Ok what the hell!!! I thought m0de was a girl (who smokes cocaine), I thought Quigly was a little kid, and I thought Staiain was an old asian guy, And until I added kmay on facebook I thought he was this cute asian girl...

xxXitsunexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 10:22 AM   #56
DotKritic
Forum User

Currently donating (selling) plasma.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 01:15 PM   #57
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

Well a ton has happened to me since 2020 alone. I started going for my masters in analytical chemistry, covid hit, dropped out of the program, started a software engineering bootcamp, got engaged, finished my program and got a job as a software engineering, moved to Alaska, got a new job in SE out here. Also starting performing as a drag queen in Anchorage which has been a blast
Old 10-15-2023, 09:25 PM   #58
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxXitsunexx View Post
I graduated university with a bachelor's in engineering and have been working as a business analyst for 2 years now, however, I still feel like I'm going nowhere in life tbh.

I also have been having a lot of negative events happen to me: my winter white hamster passed away in March, broke up with my ex from a 5 year relationship, my salary got cut, just recently got out of 2 months worth of hell of working unpaid overtime (working up to 12+ hours a day), and have been physically ill for a while.

As for the positives, well, at least I'm living as my authentic self now and have a beautiful girlfriend who loves me dearly. I'm also super relieved that I've managed to have a glow-up after all these years.

I'm currently working on improving my mental and physical health. One of the reasons I came back to check on FFR after not being here for so long was to feel the "happy nostalgia" vibes and reconnect with a few friends from back in the day.

Anyways, it's nice to see some people I'm familiar with still here and thriving. I wish you all the best!
I'm surprised you say that you're going nowhere in life if you're (presumably) working in a lucrative field. Do you like your job?

I'm not sure why you're physically ill, but if there's no known cause at this point, then it could be stress. I've been going through the same thing. I'd offer you some advice on that but like it's hard to change the things in your life that do cause you stress, you know?

Sorry about the breakup but it looks like you're doing well now with your new partner

Edit: Not sure what your insurance situation is but therapy could be affordable if your work gives you bomb insurance. I think I gotta go back 'cause of my physical stuff which is lame 'cause I was actually DoNe.
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 10-15-2023 at 09:26 PM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 08:55 PM   #59
Important_Bread
FFR Player

Life's been good so far. Just a few months away from finishing my sophomore year in college. Planning to transfer over to another college to get my bachelors degree in comp sci. Been getting into working out more often because I started putting on weight recently, so that is happening rightn ow.
Important_Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 09:08 AM   #60
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Life's been pretty good overall. My niece was born a few months ago and I got to meet her for the first time last week. Saw my whole family, helped my sister move across the country, and I've signed a lease for my new place in Seattle. I transitioned into software engineering from mechanical engineering last year, and that has been going great! I've been staying with my mom and her fiance while she recovers from surgery, and once I get settled into my new place I'm going to start dating again and meeting new people.

I'm still actively making music, playing piano, and working on game development too. Gotta keep those hobbies up!

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen

Last edited by Bynary Fission; 11-25-2023 at 09:09 AM..
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote