Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #12101
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

You'd probably pay more for gas money than the 6% sales tax on a $30 card($1.8).
Old 03-1-2007, 12:20 PM   #12102
ddr_dude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddr_dude Send a message via MSN to ddr_dude Send a message via Yahoo to ddr_dude Send a message via Skype™ to ddr_dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Since when? A cheap plastic card is just as open to sales tax as anything else sold in a store.

Well lets see, because I've bought the cards many times and 2 25's costs exactly 50 dollars. I believe it was posted on nexon about having no sales tax and it just being a flat rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
guyz i found hax 2 make ur caracturz lv 405 i cnt make it ne highr cuz stupd gamegaurd blox mi acess past dat u jus dowloa dit here: ww.hax.mapel.org/hax_TROJANMALWARE.EXE
Old 03-1-2007, 12:53 PM   #12103
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr_dude View Post
Well lets see, because I've bought the cards many times and 2 25's costs exactly 50 dollars. I believe it was posted on nexon about having no sales tax and it just being a flat rate.
I honestly can't believe that's true. They're already having more cost being used to pay for the manufacture and upkeep of the card system, and now you're saying that they're paying the tax on it as well?

I mean, anything is possible, and I have no real experience in the area, but logic is telling me that Nexon would not eat the costs like that.
Old 03-1-2007, 01:04 PM   #12104
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Maybe they just price $25 things at $23 or something.
Old 03-1-2007, 01:40 PM   #12105
IAAW
FFR Player

For uber off-topicness, Nexon is releasing Audition Online Dance Battle. It's going into open beta March 1st.
Old 03-1-2007, 02:00 PM   #12106
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Today happens to be March 1st.

Audition is like DDR except you can hit the arrows whenever you want and they are displayed on the screen. I'd say it's harder because all of the goddamn arrows have a background and a border, all the same for every arrow, so you actually have to take your time to look at it and think of what button to press. I don't like it.
Old 03-1-2007, 04:23 PM   #12107
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

GPQ tonight starting 8-9pm EST.

So far we are a failure at them. Need you tards online. It fails with 6 people and when the people we bring along that aren't from our guild are retards and have to leave.
Old 03-1-2007, 04:26 PM   #12108
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
GPQ tonight starting 8-9pm EST.

So far we are a failure at them. Need you tards online. It fails with 6 people and when the people we bring along that aren't from our guild are retards and have to leave.
I might come to fail. As soon as I level. XD

EDIT: The Audition client is availabe now. I'm downloading it right now.

Last edited by IAAW; 03-1-2007 at 04:28 PM..
Old 03-1-2007, 04:43 PM   #12109
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Too bad Audition is a terrible game.

And actually, GameGuard contains what could be classified as malware because it's so invasive, but it isn't trying to do any harm, really, so it's not a virus. Not like your dad is going to listen to what some kids on the internet have to say, even if we are definitely more knowledgeable about computers than he is.

And I dunno if I'll be able to do the GPQ. If I do, I'm fighting the boss directly, I'll go to the noob area and hit that crank. **** dying to that assmuncher. >=(

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 03-1-2007, 05:11 PM   #12110
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, many hack detection programs (GameGuard, XTrap, Diablo 2's "Warden", etc.) actually act as spyware and read your running programs, and report it to the server. You can get banned for having hack programs in the background, even if they aren't running. In fact, I've heard of people being banned for Fraps and dumb stuff like that simply because it modifies MapleStory in some way.

And yeah, Audition has some decent music(out of what I heard), but the way it's set up makes it really bad.
Old 03-1-2007, 05:23 PM   #12111
IAAW
FFR Player

Audition REALLY sucks.

I mean, I have played crappy games before, but this game, GAH, does it really break the Crap-O-Meter. Anyone who enjoys this game I will absolutely hate forever. Seriously, after 5 minutes of playing Audition, I went and friggin removed it.

It's a ****ing piece of crap, and needs to be buried. Now, if it was like Stepmania/DDR, then I would've probably had fun playing it, but seriously, this has got to be one of the crappiest games ever. It even breaks the Crap-O-Meter, and there are some games PRETTY high on that Crap-O-Meter.

DON'T SPEND A CENT GETTING NX CASH FOR THIS GAME. IT SUCKS. COMPLETELY.

I'm sending my opinions to Nexon right now. I don't care if I get banned, this is my feelings towards Audition.
Old 03-1-2007, 05:35 PM   #12112
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Try to actually send criticism they can take seriously though.
Old 03-1-2007, 05:36 PM   #12113
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, it's pretty bad compared to FFR/SM/DDR/etc. Also, the timing for hitting the space thing is really off so you actually have to hit it before you should. It sends the command that you hit the key all the way over to Malaysia, then sends it back to you. By that time, you'll get a "good"(below "perfect" and something else, not "great" I think). This makes it especially hard, at least in the SEA version. If they make it more DDR like and they make one with American servers, I'll give it another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tibs- View Post
Try to actually send criticism they can take seriously though.
Yeah, saying "it isn't like DDR, so it's bad" to them in a letter isn't going to help much.
Old 03-1-2007, 06:59 PM   #12114
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Mentioning "crap-o-meter" isn't going to help, either.

And no, people prolly haven't gotten banned for FRAPS. Joe explicitly said they don't ban for FRAPS. The main issue is windowed mode stuff, because that modifies the game too much for them. Lots of people were worried about Joy2Key (which can be used as an autoclicker or something, but most people don't use it for that), but I don't think they ban for that, at least not yet. But yeah, I think Oni was the one that posted what all GG does when it runs and it's a scary amount of stuff. It's way more invasive than it needs to be, IMO.

Then again if people just didn't cheat/they set up a server specifically FOR cheating (some games have this. I forget the name of it but my sis's bf plays some game that has multiple official servers, some that ban for 3rd party stuff and others that support/recommend it, so all the botters and hackers are on one server TOGETHER), things would be okay.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 03-1-2007, 07:07 PM   #12115
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

does anybody know of a good place to download JMS other than the official website? Right now i'm looking at 200 hours left of downloading if i let it run.

ps school's cancelled tomorrow :O.
Old 03-1-2007, 07:59 PM   #12116
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
Mentioning "crap-o-meter" isn't going to help, either.

And no, people prolly haven't gotten banned for FRAPS. Joe explicitly said they don't ban for FRAPS. The main issue is windowed mode stuff, because that modifies the game too much for them. Lots of people were worried about Joy2Key (which can be used as an autoclicker or something, but most people don't use it for that), but I don't think they ban for that, at least not yet. But yeah, I think Oni was the one that posted what all GG does when it runs and it's a scary amount of stuff. It's way more invasive than it needs to be, IMO.

Then again if people just didn't cheat/they set up a server specifically FOR cheating (some games have this. I forget the name of it but my sis's bf plays some game that has multiple official servers, some that ban for 3rd party stuff and others that support/recommend it, so all the botters and hackers are on one server TOGETHER), things would be okay.
I'm not sure which version of GameGuard it is, but later(if it doesn't already), it should take screenshots of your desktop whenever you have MapleStory open, scan your computer(for certain words), and scan your current processes. In some obscure games, you can actually get banned just for having hacking programs in which GameGuard detects.
Old 03-1-2007, 08:09 PM   #12117
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Purple, not that I know of, but I found that using DownThemAll makes it go significantly faster (took ~10 minutes?). The reason is that it can keep the rates up throughout the download, whereas most IE-based downloads crap out about three minutes in.
Old 03-1-2007, 08:31 PM   #12118
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

Eh, I always wondered if I'd find a use for that little extension. Thanks, Squeek.

edit: hay guys shud i go on kaede or sakura?
Old 03-1-2007, 08:37 PM   #12119
Farka
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Farka

You need a language pack for jms right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilButterfly
And actually, GameGuard contains what could be classified as malware because it's so invasive, but it isn't trying to do any harm, really, so it's not a virus. Not like your dad is going to listen to what some kids on the internet have to say, even if we are definitely more knowledgeable about computers than he is.
More knowledgeable about MapleStory and the internet? Yes. Except not more knowledgeable about computers.
Old 03-1-2007, 08:49 PM   #12120
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

XP Home comes with Japanese pre-installed. You merely have to turn it on.

XP Pro comes on the disc. You have to put in the disc to make it install.

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages -> "Install Files for East Asian Languages". I think that's all you have to do. If not, go to "Japanese" in the other two tabs. I think you have to install the files in "Languages" to make Japanese show up in the list.
Closed Thread