Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
_Fluttershy_
72 Black Flags & Counting
FFR Veteran

Default Imgur Screenshots Not Working

The past few weeks, I've been trying to post screenshots to Imgur by right clicking and selecting 'Post Screenshot' but it keeps on coming up with this message. Am I the only one having this problem? If so, is there a way to fix it or is there an issue on my side that I have to rectify? If not, has anyone else experienced this and how have they can gone about it?

Here's what happens whenever I try to screenshot

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks

_Fluttershy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase
Default Re: Imgur Screenshots Not Working

I think imgur changed their API or something. That or an R^3 update made it not work properly with imgur anymore

pikakirby123 reincarnated

AragakiAyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Imgur did change their API. Velocity told me flash can't support what the new API requires. If there is a chance this is possible to fix, I will let you guys know.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:08 AM   #4
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
flash can't support what the new API requires
Were you testing with flash player 9? According to this, fp 9.0.115.0 blocks all authorization headers, which imgur api v3 needs, but all later fp versions allow it.

Last edited by llyair; 11-17-2015 at 01:29 AM..
llyair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #5
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

fp9 & up doesn't work for it either. It has to do with how the code is written for R^3 engine that allows imgur screenshots.

I know this because Greenshot had the exactly same problem when imgur released their new API, and I highly recommend using Greenshot as a temporary fix for this until it can be fixed for the engine, just because Greenshot has so many more features outside of just screen captures that makes it really sufficing to use, such as taking a still snapshot of your screen if you are drawing borders for a screenshot.

edit: dropping that download link, http://getgreenshot.org/downloads/

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 11-17-2015 at 08:48 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I guess I should have made it slight more clear.

The issue with Imgur API is moreso of the security sandbox flash uses.

When a connection to a url is preformed, flash first checks a file called crossdomain.xml to see if flash is allowed to access pages/files across domains. For the longest time, Imgur simply used a wildcard which allowed any site to access the site. But with recent changes to the cross domain file, only connections coming from the Imgur domain itself can access pages on Imgur.

The issue doesn't arise on local playback/testing due to local sandbox allowing connections to any site if allowed, since the file isn't being hosted from a domain. After the game is uploaded to FFR, flash does check crossdomain.xml and aborts.

This is also why the limit is reached since I use "-1" as the default values in the Game Imgur API and you need atleast "10" credits to submit a screenshot.
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:20 PM   #7
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
I guess I should have made it slight more clear.

The issue with Imgur API is moreso of the security sandbox flash uses.

When a connection to a url is preformed, flash first checks a file called crossdomain.xml to see if flash is allowed to access pages/files across domains. For the longest time, Imgur simply used a wildcard which allowed any site to access the site. But with recent changes to the cross domain file, only connections coming from the Imgur domain itself can access pages on Imgur.

The issue doesn't arise on local playback/testing due to local sandbox allowing connections to any site if allowed, since the file isn't being hosted from a domain. After the game is uploaded to FFR, flash does check crossdomain.xml and aborts.

This is also why the limit is reached since I use "-1" as the default values in the Game Imgur API and you need atleast "10" credits to submit a screenshot.
Interesting, thanks for explaining! I actually saw the crossdomain issue too while randomly playing around with the released rCubed source haha, good to see a confirmation that I wasn't crazy xD

But anyways, not to butt in, but if it helps I'm pretty sure a proxy server could be used <proxy-url>/api.imgur.com/... should change only a line or two in the source code. Use one hosted on google so it's not sketchy maybe? c:
llyair is offline   Reply With Quote