im up for a Easy2AAA Pack Vol. 1
I think this would be a great idea.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #102
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann
Default Re: ODIPack3 Simfile Reviews

I'll start this tonight and work on it over the weekend. Pretty excited to play.

On a scale of 1 to a billion how hard is this pack?

EDIT: Okay so I probably won't bother trying to review this one wow. That's not to say I won't play but I will probably be unable to finish most songs :s

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 05-30-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #103
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

its a ver hard pack lol
Old 05-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #104
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

REVIEWING DAT SHIT
So since there are 109 files in that pack I did not played everything but I wanted to at least play one file of each simartist.

Aegis (rparty & bmah) Kinda stange at the beginning but fun nonetheless because of these quick notes. And the music is nice.

Apocynthion Drive (kommi) what the hell did I just play. The music must be one of the best piece of chiptune I ever heard and the file lived up to it. Even though 4 steps is very limited to express all the power of the music it was a great attempt and I'll replay it for sure (even though it's super damn long)

asdfmovie6 Song (alexdest) My favorite part must be the 16th streams... not really my cup of tea but definitely not a bad file. Too much freezes for my taste.

Autoprocess (cbr) I love neat and quick files like that. The high difficulty is definitely not a barrier to my enjoyment of this.

Bambous (wayward vagabon) The lack of variety added to the length of the music make it hard to enjoy for me.

Battle! Team Plasma (patashu) Hot damn I usually like your file but I found the intro terribly strange to play. This file is super weird overall, there are some parts I liked a lot but the rest was very very strange...
Maybe the music in itself may be hard to really step...

Bit Howl (rogdor detrimentalist) I like the smell of this file. It may be too hard to my taste. I think the middle part is the best. I guess it's okay!!

Blue Rose (stargroup) EXCELLENT!!!!!!! At first I was like "oh it's a modification of Yessss" but eventually I understood where you went with that and it was pretty nice to play (these SUPERFASTZ trills were really annoying though)

BSpower explosion (sonick & Glove) 9/10 file I enjoyed hitting these notes a whole lot. The jacks were like a stab of pain in the ocean of fun though but it didn't prevent me to like it.

captain murasa's ass anchor (gd) Fun. Strong file. Homogeneous structure.

Chaotic White (moches) As expected of moches, you can make a great file on a boring song. To be honest the excerpt didn't really appeal to me but I was greatly surprised by the quality of your chart.

Child Protective Services (rogdor) You managed to create a solide file over an average NDAD music. Very fun to play. It was a pleasant experience.

Chronos (kommisar) The thing I like the most about this file is the recurrence of 32nd bursts.

CirnoRHTL (valor) That shit makes my arms SORE. Also kool gfx. I'm not really a fan of superdumps like that sorry

Clash (ZAGHURIM) Very very fun to MA (as expected of ZAGHURIM!!!), not too long and not too short. It may be too simple for me to find it perfect but it's definitely a solid file.

Contact (Yosh) Oh my god I don't know who you are but what you made is REALLY REALLY good. I'll replay it for sure, I really like it a lot. You led that song to its full potential let me give you a medal.

Crack in Hourglass (Glove) That's the kind of file I like to play. This is neat and solid. The solos are as fun as the rest of the chart. Global thumb up.

CyberStorm (Nick Skyline) OH DOG YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING DIDN'T YOU This is intense without being ridiculously hard, the difficulty is completely legit. This is probably the most awesome file of the pack till now. it's a perfect harmony between the music and the notes. It was 100% fun till the end, I LOVE it. 200/10
ps i love u

Demonish Animal Appearance (dondon151) Very nice. Nothing special but nothing wrong either.

die winnipeg (alexdest) SUPER STAMINA TRAINING the file is really cool even though the extreme difficulty makes my arm super sore in no-time. 7/10

Dishevel (mi40) Haha it's been a long time since I stepped that. Your file is quite similar to mine so I guess it's GOOD!!!!

Do it this way (idk) When I heard the preview I feared the file would be all but something I'd like but I guess you managed to make it very VERY enjoyable despite the genre of the song GOOD JOB

don't say anything (detrimentalist) Very nice too. May be a fun file to MA on.

Earth Quake (mi40) About time that music got a good file to go with it. Not really my thing, I found it to be average but I don't think it could be any better.

Eater Merry (Kaneh) Well that was unexpectedly good. If I had to emit a critic however I'd say your use of hands/jumps may be a bit too intense for the music you're laying them on. It's very good however, but it could be even more enjoyable to me.

Echo of Forever (mollochepalus) The last freezes were very cool. I love that kind of gimmick where you have to release the hold on a particular moment. The file's solid too, very nice to play.

Ehhen Doyasu? (plopadop) Strong chart! Kind of hard too... makes me want to try a full AAA on it.

Empty Skydiving (leone510) This isn't really my thing. Your style lacks impact to me, there are too much freezes over the chart, it's soft where it needs to be impactful.

endleSSStation (valor) I don't really like it. The song is very cool but it just doesn't do it to me. I'll just pass for this one.

EOS (ilikexd) Average??

Fallen World (NickSkyline) It felt like an IcyWorld file at first haha still cool. Not really my cup of tea though

Far East Nightbird (moches) I still prefer my file over yours your chart is another approach and you did a good thing to restep it, it has a fresh feels to it.

Fashion Queen (Torrent) Cool combination of good song + good chart. Pleasant MA File.

Fatal Tragedy (Baq12) You already know my opinion on your file, however I think I like it more than the first time, either I got used to your style or I just changed my global opinions for a bit idk.

fffff (valor) Woah it feels just like an enhanced version of the chart I played back in 2009. Still a great attempt.

Five Regrets (bmah) Osamu Kubota <3 I found your chart to be quite heterogeneous, there are parts I really liked (first part) and other I didn't felt a lot (most of the silent part). Anyway it's still a file of quality but I guess the song is to blame for the weaknesses of your chart.

ge4ce (Yosh) Heavy's difficulty is so retarded I can't even imagine how ridiculous the edit version must be. The notes variations in the intro are really really fun to tap... but seriously you're ridiculous making a file like that. I want to hate the whole stupidity of this but I CAN'T because even though the file is shit it's so good at the same time and I know your way to step it was fucking perfect
confused/10

GO! GO! MANIAC! (scintill) n1c3

Gravestoned (shadowgod) Not bad. I guess if you keep making files you'll eventually get better and spawn awesome charts!

Guile of the Rhyme King (fission) Averagely good.

HAERETICUS (Arntonach) Y'know since the first time I played a file of yours I still didn't figured how to understand your view on notecharting.

I'll forget you (137 & glove) Only played 137's chart. I liked the jacks a lot, as for the rest of the file... I thought it to be too much intense for the music they're on. Even though the jacks are a very nice touch because they go really smoothly with the vibes of the music.

I'm on crack (iRanch) Can't see what's special in it. It kinda bored me, even approaching it as an MA file. Not my cup of tea at all.

Insection Digestion Melancholy (Baq12) Hey!! That's a super good chart you made. I really liked it, I see you're getting better and better. You should step more IDM, I want to see you step a whole diversity of genres.

Laste Testament (Kil) The file was cool but I really disliked these jacks. Stepping that bass guitar wasn't really a good idea I think.

Laveran no Shokutaku (Scintill) That harpsischord is pure fucking love. I love that file. Your chart fits perfectly with the song and the way you stepped the harspischord is perfectly perfect. Replay value = 99999999

Lawn Wake II (Baq12) I worship that music. I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't step the whole song. I don't agree with how you stepped some of the breaks but the least I can say is that you definitely grasped how to step another genre than metal.

MarioStep (Blind) Ok so first : Making a long jack pattern to emphasize the addition of snare drums is a bad way to reflect that idea. You can sure make a whole streams made entirely of jumps however I think it's way better to merely put minijacks instead of long jacks in the whole pattern because it raises a LOT the difficulty factor.
Second : Try not to step anything but the wub while the drop, it disrupts me a LOT when I try to follow the rhythm of the wub and I end up having the impression of hitting random notes instead of taping a clear section of the song.
And third : The pattern of the final part is godlike and I liked the file overall. Love.

Mirage Garden (ilikexd & Glove) Played oni : The music is fantastic and the chart was pretty good actually it must be one of my favorite file from the whole pack. Perfect execution. Nothing to add. <3

Mr. Lonely (DJ Ossa) Well that was certainly okay. I don't hate it but I don't love it either.

New Desire (Roar) TYPICAL ROAR FILE. Still love it.

New Lights (bmah) Very enjoyable, the 24th notes parts were my favorite.

Nth Degree If this doesn't differ from the secret pack's version then my feels for this are intact : The best marathon file I ever played. <3

Orbital (Kommi and MacGravel) Tricky file. I liked the solo version a lot and this standard adaptation's very neat to my mind.

I'll review the rest later, there are still files I want to play (tranzport, Unconnected, and other unexpected treasures???) and simartists I didn't tried yet (spitfire, charu)

Last edited by ScylaX; 05-30-2013 at 03:43 PM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #105
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

so kil got angry 'cause I didn't review his file so I'll play up to and including his.

I'll forget you, you'll never forget me: mostly good, except that one place where the melody's turned into minijacks for absolutely no reason. I don't care how easy they are to hit, they make absolutely no sense. 5.5/10

I'm on crack: everything makes sense in this one! the only real complaint is how you made the snare a triple jump for some reason. gay song tho. 8/10

in the name of god: prepared myself for a "should have been a solo file" complaint but whoever made this knows how to fucking chart. PROBABLY still would've been better as a solo file but whatever heh 9.5/10

took a look at the cdtitle to find out who made it and what the fuck kinda name is baq12 and who are u..........

innocent walls: good chart, aside from like 2-3 jacks I didn't really understand why they were there - I'm guessing 'cause you're using triples and you ran out of charting space 'cause 4-key charts are for babies. the secret to avoiding this is to not use triples even when you're layering more than 2 things at the same time. either way, not a bad file. 7/10

oh snap another baq12 chart this might be cool

insect digestion melancholy: dang. not nearly as good as in the name of god. given the source material it probably can't be much better tho. the one thing that sets this apart from the other bursty derp files is that it's not just LOL64THS LET'S GO all the time, making it a bit more interesting. 6.5/10

jack the raper: excellent file, both interesting and fun to play. DEFINITELY would've been better as a solo chart though, it gets noticeably cramped in a few places, particularly ones with lots of 8th note jumps. 9.5/10

michael jordan: yeah this one is also good, though it seemed at a few points like it was a little inaccurate? like there should've been a few more longer jack sections and stuff. I'm too lazy to open it up in the editor though so whatever it's probably all great 8/10

konya-yta-mina-tangs whatever: not quite how I would've done it. there's a lot of shit you can use in this song to make a really confusing and/or interesting chart which you don't really take advantage of. I guess that's good since everyone hates confusing charts.................except me. also noticed some errors probably but they're all minor shit that doesn't really matter and I'm too lazy to open the editor to dissect shit so 6.5/10

laste testamente of twelfth mother: the crazy freeze spam+polyrhythm section is pretty annoying to read. I can tell what you're doing there, but it's the only part of this file that I don't find very fun to play. also it would've been much more interesting rhythmically if you went easier on the jumps and instead included the snare hits and/or bass in the section before that. also most or all of your tiny 24th note bursts are actually 32nd note bursts which felt a bit odd to play. you also have a lot of those completely random minijacks, often leading into a jump. you know it was actually satan who invented those? also I'm sure most of those longer bursts were completely manufactured in your illegal stepmania lab but that's okay because FUCK STEPMANIA THIEORY. I also think it would've been more interesting if you included the snare hits in the ending. anyway, despite all its strange errors and weird shit, this still manages to be one of the few files in the pack that I had a lot of fun playing. also definitely should've been a solo file bye 8/10
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #106
04im
FFR Player

u forgot my so called life scylax ( wInke)
Old 05-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #107
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
u forgot my so called life scylax ( wInke)
and light house (nod)
Old 05-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #108
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

and time out
Old 05-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #109
04im
FFR Player

scylax exposed on 5/30/2013

edit: o if u read his post it says he reviewed 1 from each stepper

we got exposed guys brb crawling into a hole and eating donuts
Old 05-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #110
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

p.s. scylax, yosh is me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #111
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
edit: o if u read his post it says he reviewed 1 from each stepper
reading is too mainstream
Old 05-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #112
04im
FFR Player

2main
Old 05-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #113
LunaXII
FFR Player

someone make an easy pack i can fucking play in 2013. also why do people keep mentioning kil for my file holy fuck

Last edited by LunaXII; 05-30-2013 at 05:07 PM..
LunaXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #114
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaXII View Post
someone make an easy pack i can fucking play in 2013. also why do people keep mentioning kil for my file holy fuck
if it's any consolation, my next epic marathon will have a chart substantially easier than planet karma or most anything in this pack

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #115
04im
FFR Player

easy pack thread will be up by sunday night or monday morning

stay tuned guys

(ps: need judges for easy paq, preferably some vets)
Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #116
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
easy pack thread will be up by sunday night or monday morning

stay tuned guys

(ps: need judges for easy paq, preferably some vets)
can i
Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #117
04im
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
can i
most definitely
pls halp make easy paq judg/b.i.g
Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #118
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMcKnuckle View Post

in the name of god: prepared myself for a "should have been a solo file" complaint but whoever made this knows how to fucking chart. PROBABLY still would've been better as a solo file but whatever heh 9.5/10

took a look at the cdtitle to find out who made it and what the fuck kinda name is baq12 and who are u..........
I literally almost started to shit bricks when I saw this. This made my day hearing this from you Zagh O.o
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #119
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
most definitely
pls halp make easy paq judg/b.i.g
i will help by making ez charts!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #120