Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-9-2011, 03:10 AM   #41
Emithith
FFR Player

Default Re: Methods of spreading FFR popularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletSky View Post
I did that a few times Emithith, it works for a little bit. But no one (at least not my friends) got SUPER involved.
I'm actually hoping to draw in two people who haven't played the game in like 4 years or more, that might work, but I have no clue.

I've never heard of the No-go Permission thread, so maybe it hasn't been made, justin. I guess you're gonna have to do it yourself. :S

editting my post so I don't see my face so much in this thread. lol

Last edited by Emithith; 12-9-2011 at 03:17 AM..
Emithith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 03:11 AM   #42
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

/dont ignore my question about permissions
Old 12-9-2011, 03:15 AM   #43
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost

Part of the reason FFR doesn't seem so inviting is the look of the site in my opinion. It doesn't look like a game from 2011, it really looks like something from 2003. I really feel like the site could use a makeover.
MaxGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 03:16 AM   #44
ScarletSky
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I don't believe there is a thread for permission non-gets, Justin. xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
Part of the reason FFR doesn't seem so inviting is the look of the site in my opinion. It doesn't look like a game from 2011, it really looks like something from 2003. I really feel like the site could use a makeover.
Now we're talking about MASSIVE changes to the site altogether now. But I guess it's fitting, I mean, as soon as BW is released it would probably be a good idea to go for a new look.
Never mind that though, where the hell have you been Max? I haven't seen you around in forever. xD

Last edited by ScarletSky; 12-9-2011 at 03:18 AM..
ScarletSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 03:26 AM   #45
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Blackwebb = not happening guys, why does nobody seem to know about this? It's been mentioned multiple times..

Velocity is working on recoding his own new engine, which will be better than the current one. Zag is busy with other things.
Old 12-9-2011, 03:29 AM   #46
Emithith
FFR Player

lol this got leaked in prochat and herogashix happened to save it in his images folder so why not put up on the forums eh?

Sexy, no?

edit: and YES, it is from like July. lmao

edit2: it's like looking at FFR Playboy. lol

Last edited by psychoangel691; 12-9-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Old 12-9-2011, 03:38 AM   #47
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

That is not any better than the current layout, probably worse if anything.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 03:38 AM   #48
ScarletSky
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
Blackwebb = not happening guys, why does nobody seem to know about this? It's been mentioned multiple times..

Velocity is working on recoding his own new engine, which will be better than the current one. Zag is busy with other things.
So in other words folks, we're going to be playing on legacy and/or velocity engine for a very, very, very.....

very long time.

Old 12-9-2011, 03:50 AM   #49
supermousie
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to supermousie

It's a shame, BW looked so damn sexy. Any chance of a sneak peak of whatever Velocity is working on?
supermousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 03:54 AM   #50
ScarletSky
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

inb4 nope.avi

Old 12-9-2011, 04:20 AM   #51
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

@ Emithith, I would like that layout, if it was changed up a little more, and if you could have whatever color you wanted :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 04:47 AM   #52
Emithith
FFR Player

There were blue and pink ones, but Hero only saved the green one. Also, yeah It needs some more FFR badassery on it, like your avatar, and recently played, and the video db, too. :3
Old 12-9-2011, 04:52 AM   #53
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

I would think mostly like the normal FFR layout, but just jazzed up slightly to make it look cleaner and cooler, and just a tad bit shinier :3

On topic though, I think making videos and posting them as video responses to music videos, etc. would be a great way to spread popularity, I have a AAA replay of Inside The Fire, if anyone wants to record it. I'd do it myself, but I can't seem to find software that records audio directly from my speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 09:06 AM   #54
ffdfadsdasd
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
I'll look into getting some permissions for more mainstream artists. Did we ever have a "so-and-so rejected our permissions" thread? So we didn't ask artists 50+ times?

If not, I suggest one be made (by someone willing to keep up with it. If nobody is willing, I will do it).
(Dossar here, I hate school filters and I don't like using my main account on these proxies)

I actually made a thread about it, "Rejected FFR permission requests" if I recall correctly, and it hasn't had a response since July this year. Basically a dead thread.

What could happen is that I remake the thread in a friendlier format and possibly have multiple people to update it so there isn't that type of inactivity again. WTF Wrecked was a shared account for the tier point system and I probably could share this account since it's lol ancient meaningless alt.

Rejected permission requests was something I made way back in 2009 and I'm willing to take up it again. I'm also considering making some type of app with mainstream songs and easy files as well as the video response idea to bring in other members (because my classmates surely do want to play the game after seeing me play happy birthday haha, they just don't know the link)

And if anyone was wondering, my classmates did think the velocity engine looked awesome. They were amazed by the letters in the genre circles (they were like "look at this, it's like friggin' chinese!") - so you guys are worrying a little too much about the spiffy portion.

Last edited by ffdfadsdasd; 12-9-2011 at 09:09 AM..
ffdfadsdasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 09:37 AM   #55
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermousie View Post
It's a shame, BW looked so damn sexy. Any chance of a sneak peak of whatever Velocity is working on?
This is old as well, but it's more recent than that Blackwebb photo.

And the main part was updated to support multiple languages:

And Dossar, I'm totally down with something like that. I'd be willing to help run it.
Old 12-9-2011, 09:39 AM   #56
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Suggestion(especially for those who are getting permission for the site): Respond to artists you get permission from notifying them that their music is in FFR and include a screen recording video or something showing the artist the chart. Im sure if you update the artists showing them their music is in game they will spread it themselves.

Also, FFR seriously needs more good rock(especially when we have a permission like Rise Records) to filter out all those slow boring 4+min rock songs thanks to Tass, more classical, more rap/hiphop, and more dubstep(could help since it seems to be a popular genre). These genres have been lacking in the game whether it be people are too lazy to sync something or cbf to do anything that is over 2 minutes. People need to step up their game and just work on things like this. Stepping longer charts or heavily synced files dont need to be completed in one day so I dont see why its so hard to gradually work on these genres over time to end up with a good song to submit for the game. We have so many good permissions but they wont get stepped because of length or people are lazy to sync it up. Just some things I feel need to be improved.

My main point I was trying to get across was the notifying the artist part, that could be very beneficial, other half is just a rant suggestion. lol
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 09:52 AM   #57
ffdfadsdasd
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
Suggestion(especially for those who are getting permission for the site): Respond to artists you get permission from notifying them that their music is in FFR and include a screen recording video or something showing the artist the chart. Im sure if you update the artists showing them their music is in game they will spread it themselves.
How was the response to the screen recording you sent to that artist? I forget the song/artist, but I do remember giving you that screen recording.

I'm also in agreement that notifying the artist about their music being in FFR will be very beneficial in bringing new members to this site. Ephixa, for example, is the artist of Fall Silently and that song has over 500,000 views on YouTube (and this also goes to what subin was saying about asking the artist to put an annotation about playing their song in the game). Thanks for the input!

Edit: Another thing I'd like to address is making a list of benefits for this game. That would also help - and also providing links to FAQs for the new members.

Last edited by ffdfadsdasd; 12-9-2011 at 10:02 AM..
ffdfadsdasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 01:54 PM   #58
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I agree that synth's bot post could be a little more helpful lol
Old 12-9-2011, 02:26 PM   #59
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

IMO, attracting new casual players is about song choice.

1) Get songs people like to listen to, even if YOU don't like to listen to them (or step them). Anime openings, mainstream rock/pop music, popular Newgrounds techno, dubstep.

2) Make more easy charts to these songs. I don't mean 1-2 - anything in the 3-8 range is probably fine. Understepping is fine, and low technicality is fine as long as the chart is fun. In fact, it's better to have plenty of available easy charts to songs that don't feel slow and quiet and boring. If you can keep people interested at the lower levels, they'll continue to the higher ones.

3) Most importantly: provide suggestions to new players about the charts they might like to play. FFR has a pretty huge song library and I bet a lot of new players would start out looking for songs they know, find a few at most, and then end up just playing random low level songs and being disappointed at the songs they've chosen. Giving them suggestions on good songs in each genre will help a lot.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2011, 07:11 PM   #60
Emithith
FFR Player

Okay, so we're hearing alot about Mainstream artists needing to be in game-- I agree, to a certain extent (again, shoot me. lol)-- So maybe we'd like to compile a list of Mainstream artists and systematically hit them up with requests, and step their files kinda easy.

Also, the site design needs to actually POINT you to the game somehow. When I first visited the site I barely even knew there was a game on it.