Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2020, 07:05 PM   #11
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Somers View Post
Don't you think the coronavirus is a great tool for policymakers? No, the virus certainly exists, but are there many sick people among your friends? Or do they know those who are sick? I don't have such at all. Maybe I'm lucky, who knows. Or maybe the situation is not sickly inflated to keep people at bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Somers View Post
I believe that the real danger of the virus is somewhat exaggerated. In some countries, quarantine has been introduced for people who are at risk, and this is reasonable. According to statistics, the majority suffers the disease in an asymptomatic or mild form. People cannot sit at home and in caves for years, because they have to live on something and the country's economy must be supported and developed. I don’t know who would benefit from demonizing this disease? To reduce the risk of infection for people at risk. It is not known what will happen sooner: herd immunity will be developed or the whole world will be provided with vaccines.
To quote a previous rant directed at someone whom took the info of Coronavirus lightly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Counter argument: How many of these people that you "have been around, counting family", have you been in regular communication with? To include numbers on people that are part of the equation, but derive results based on only a portion of them because you can't keep within communication terms of those people, say e.g. people you pass on the street, is a fallacy. What's your sample size? If it's less than a huge margin, like around 100, then you will continue to have these doubts about it being a real thing until it directly affects or kills someone in the circle of people you have 'regular communication' with.
tl;dr, it's much more likely that if you never experienced issues, or death in the family, or complications directly because of Coronavirus (not the precautions many governments put in place to prevent it, just Coronavirus), you will either downplay the severity of the virus or have a higher chance of becoming skeptical of said precautions until it directly affects someone you are in close communication with.

There are plenty of stories from users here, in this thread, acknowledging people whom have either suffered, or died or contracted Coronavirus themselves.

Coronavirus will be a standing issue for well into 2021, and possibly a portion of 2022, due to the lack of containment and precautionary measures from multiple governments worldwide. I have no idea what the death toll could reach, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hit 500,000 or 750,000 by the time a vaccine showed up, and those numbers are specifically for United States. We're already nearing 1,000,000 dead worldwide.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-24-2020 at 07:09 PM..