Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-4-2019, 09:31 AM   #641
Svaz
quite clever

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Re: Soundwave and Haku’s interactions, I can’t help but see either interaction as a disadvantageous one as third party. I’d be willing to assume some kind of external interference here, perhaps something like a driver but based on night actions or items, given that it’s a bastard game. This is however trying to read the will of the host to some extent, which I don’t think is useful too often.

Memes aside, I really don’t see myself actually voting for Storn this phase, and actually agree a bit with funnier’s post there; FFA is a very confident player regardless of role. Given his vested involvement last game, I’m honestly reading him as a near VT here because his role isn’t as fun or something (though iirc the ZD one has a lot of stuff going on, is it the Pokémon/DBZ one still?).

I can’t help but see Antori as suspicious but I kind of always do and I think it’s based on his usual reluctance to get serious. I’d like him to try to elaborate on his Wolf Haku post if possible.

I’m interested by FFA’s insight that anti-host is third party, I like the idea but I’d like to see it fleshed out a bit more if possible.

I see fg’s resistance to lunch as pretty town, but possibly due to my own bias of early town circles being easily corrupted & Haku’s desire to make one as suspicious, but not paired with the role ability interaction, it’s too much and I think Haku is more careful than that as anti-town here.

I’m interested by WV’s remark on Mellon’s roll, I think it’s honestly a little presumptuous of her range — she’s a bolder player than he seems to think imho and she could just as easily do it for the sake of wresting control of the mechanic. I’d assume there are probably more pro-town rolls to be had there, but as the game progresses it’ll get riskier to roll & maybe more alignment indicative as the game progresses. I could also see punishments happening for non-participation though.

Also sorry for the long post, I think this is the first TWG I’ve gotten to play while not also being at reserves lmao (also FFXIV is in maintenance).

I find myself feeling a little suspicious of Shadowgod here too, but haven’t played many games with him. I do know he has an immense proclivity to overthink though just by reading some of the dead chats.
Old 07-4-2019, 09:34 AM   #642
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

as far as long posts go, thats not all that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 07-4-2019, 09:35 AM   #643
Svaz
quite clever

I guess it’s just long for me perhaps?
Old 07-4-2019, 09:36 AM   #644
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
I think I've sufficiently explained myself. To myself. This does nothing for the rest of you. I apologize for this failure and will refrain from being an idiot in the future. Probably.
i also wanna share this post cause i wasn't expecting shadow_god to go this way in his playstyle, i'm not sure if it's genuine or not the first bolded part makes me wanna wolf lean but the second bolded part makes me town lean
i'm not gonna vote him just cause i feel bad he died D1 on his first ever game(this read is irrelevant to the haku one)

Old 07-4-2019, 09:49 AM   #645
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
I can’t help but see Antori as suspicious but I kind of always do and I think it’s based on his usual reluctance to get serious. I’d like him to try to elaborate on his Wolf Haku post if possible.
sorry goldstinger digging is what i love doing the most

i dont know how people read town haku and i dont tend to believe their reads on haku because at the game i played wolf with haku everyone still town read them. this expalins why i disregarded all other previous reads on haku made by other people.
and for wolf reading i noticed that wolf-haku tends to follow up people and have long back and forth's with them even if the base read that started it all off doesn't justify it in it's 'lean deciding power' in my experience a wolf haku can also come out as very confident and out spoken more than normally
also in our game i used to grind into people that "i'm town" alot and i get the feeling that haku picked that up

Old 07-4-2019, 09:56 AM   #646
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
so how often do you check the first post for changes? xiz
Checked it just now when I was catching up in the thread.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 10:04 AM   #647
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
1. How on Earth can someone pluck out reads so early into the game?
Let me throw an example out there for you: Antori.

There was a spontaneous mechanics game from Xiz in thread that had people pick from 1 - 10. Raeko picked 7 before I could finish reading everything in that post.

After it ended, I pieced together what the other options could be, and said that I would be judging anyone who played the same game with the possibility of those options in-tact.

Antori unintendedly also played that game (wrong, mind you, had to be bolded and colored) with zero consequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
also if there can be multiple winners in the game show 9 because that's my favorite number and i want to see what will happen, i dont know why everyone is so against picking numbers otherwise
Now I would wolf lean that because there was no conversation, no rereading regarding that etc, but I also know that Antori made a lot of bad decisions previous game so this made sense from his play style. Also, there are a couple posts that I liked from Antori:

Quote:
telling people about what your picks are or could be should be irrelevant , and i dont see why you'd still do it anyways just to prove how irrelevant it is.

this is how my brain processes it: my x doesn't matter but here's my x anyways just in case you happen to think it matters which you shouldn't

i dont think this is a normal town play to do the part "just in case you happen to think it matters which you shouldn't" and that's why it gave me a wolf lean.

the actual subject of itself i dont care about and i dont think it's alignment indicative but the way you guys went about expressing your point on it is what interested me
Quote:
sorry goldstinger digging is what i love doing the most

i dont know how people read town haku and i dont tend to believe their reads on haku because at the game i played wolf with haku everyone still town read them. this expalins why i disregarded all other previous reads on haku made by other people.
and for wolf reading i noticed that wolf-haku tends to follow up people and have long back and forth's with them even if the base read that started it all off doesn't justify it in it's 'lean deciding power' in my experience a wolf haku can also come out as very confident and out spoken more than normally
also in our game i used to grind into people that "i'm town" alot and i get the feeling that haku picked that up
Which makes me think Antori is town, learning from his previous game, and is attempting to contribute more than he usually does. I don't agree with everything he may have put out, but that's where he looks for me.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 10:05 AM   #648
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Oh yeah, in case I miss everything tomorrow; don't lynch Soundwave over my posts.
Let night actions resolve this please.

Find something that will help the game get somewhere instead.
I think it's optimal.
how would night actions resolve anything...? I feel like it will just make things more confusing

I believe you, haku, and I think if you're telling the truth soundwave looks sketchy as balls and we might as well get rid of him. We'll be taking a shot in the dark either way and at least that is something to go off

Quote:
on the other hand this is not something i would expect from raeko and i'm not sure how i feel about this. i would think town raeko would mull this over rather than jumping on the chance right away. seems more like she's trying to take the option away from town imo
I jumped on it because I'd rather I have it as town than let anyone else who could be a wolf/3P get it. That's all. Also yolo strats. do you really not see me doing this normally?
Old 07-4-2019, 10:14 AM   #649
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Plz come guide us: H&H

People I like so far: storn, dai, shadowgod (for now), haku

people I'm not sure but look decent: svaz, gold stinger, gradiant

true neutral aka ????: sunfan, wayward, tambo (plz play with us ;_; ), roundbox

people I'm not sure but look worse: antori, ffa

everyone else: I forgot about you
Old 07-4-2019, 10:15 AM   #650
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
given ffas action, i actually think people dont give him enough shit imo. i think people have generally been polite enough to keep stuff under wraps, but idgaf if its that hes misunderstood or whatever. if people have made genuine efforts to like, understand him, where he refuses to meet halfway, thats something i believe i can be rightfully disdainful of tbh.

======

funny thing is that ffa is probably still my vote for now, for the majority of his posts revolving around other games, and how hes such an incredible player without having to be active. hes also usually locked me in as a wolf read without any explanation as well, and generally feels like hes still at the very least skimming and responding to randon posts with gutreads or whatever, as opposed to some unrelated d0 comments
To me, a lot of his posts are resembling a previous game that he played where he was wolf, but it's my gut and I don't like going by that specific gut read, because I have been wrong on those ones in the past. I really need more info/gameplay to see if it stays the same, changes, goes in some other direction, etc.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 10:19 AM   #651
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
To me, a lot of his posts are resembling a previous game that he played where he was wolf, but it's my gut and I don't like going by that specific gut read, because I have been wrong on those ones in the past. I really need more info/gameplay to see if it stays the same, changes, goes in some other direction, etc.
you're not the only one to notice, I noticed too. It's not just your gut it's his posting style

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
is the obvious reason that you got bopped last time you were a woof and you're scared now
when I made this post this is kind of what I meant, we found him out last time and we probably will again since he's posting similarly
Old 07-4-2019, 10:20 AM   #652
gold stinger

Quote:
I find myself feeling a little suspicious of Shadowgod here too, but haven’t played many games with him. I do know he has an immense proclivity to overthink though just by reading some of the dead chats.
If EoD is the same as the previous game.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 10:23 AM   #653
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
one thing I will say as his previous wolf partner is that he tended to have his stream of consciousness in wolf chat rather than in the thread. if he doesn't really "think out loud" in thread I think that might be a bad sign that he has another outlet. I was waking up to like 40-50 messages a day so he definitely likes to talk about his thoughts so if he doesn't do that in the thread my read on him is going to change a lot
Old 07-4-2019, 10:25 AM   #654
gold stinger

Quote:
due to my own bias of early town circles being easily corrupted & Haku’s desire to make one as suspicious, but not paired with the role ability interaction, it’s too much and I think Haku is more careful than that as anti-town here.
This is where I also sit on Haku. If Haku has told the truth so far and going YOLO, either he's going to get targeted by literally everything tonight and die, or he's going to keep staying alive and turn sketchy but slowly.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 10:30 AM   #655
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
hey FG what are your thoughts on the game so far? i know you said you didn't have anything really before but what about now? you seem very chit chatty but i expect a bit more from you even if it is early game.

xiz
funnier and haku are town

mayyyyyybe ffa still hasn't convinced me yet
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 07-4-2019, 10:34 AM   #656
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

im wary of svaz for that long post deal since she's in commentary mode
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 07-4-2019, 10:47 AM   #657
gold stinger

Quote:
This is where I also sit on Haku. If Haku has told the truth so far and going YOLO, either he's going to get targeted by literally everything tonight and die, or he's going to keep staying alive and turn sketchy but slowly.
Follow-up on this, don't think Haku can be wolf here because if he was, then items would be given via wolf/wolf interaction to improve wolf game, and all of that exchange would happen in their wolfchat. Could be 3p, but requires town interaction & co-operation.

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-4-2019, 11:03 AM   #658
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
i also wanna share this post cause i wasn't expecting shadow_god to go this way in his playstyle, i'm not sure if it's genuine or not the first bolded part makes me wanna wolf lean but the second bolded part makes me town lean
i'm not gonna vote him just cause i feel bad he died D1 on his first ever game(this read is irrelevant to the haku one)
How is the first part giving you a wolf lean but not the second?

Quote:

There was a spontaneous mechanics game from Xiz in thread that had people pick from 1 - 10. Raeko picked 7 before I could finish reading everything in that post.
See now here's another thing that's rubbing me the wrong way. How did you know raeko picked 7 before you could finish reading everything in the post of you'd have to refresh the page to see that she posted? Do you constantly refresh the page even while you're Midway reading a post?
Old 07-4-2019, 11:04 AM   #659
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh no
Old 07-4-2019, 11:05 AM   #660
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I disagree with fg's wolfreads on Shadow God and Soundwave. I don't believe that Soundwave denying having the item or talking about the item is NAI. He obviously could have a reason to lie about having it (if he rolled scum), therefore alignment could have an influence on his response. I thought his response seemed rather towny and the right amount of apologetic. A wolf might have apologized a bit more than him.

As for Shadow God, I think he deserves some more time and that him getting lynched as wolf last game is just a sad happenstance

WV, I'm glad you're a fan of my nihilposting. I do want to point out WV that you are much more active this game than previous ones. What's the change that's making you post more?

Idk why Dai is tinfoiling on storn. I just don't know where that post came from given the context of the rest of his posts at that time period

And ffa's hot thought on xiz nemesis being a 3p is a nice take and makes me think FFA is not 3p at all

This game is at huge risk for multiball, just saying
Closed Thread