Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Batch Forum > FFR Songs and Artist Permissions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-3-2023, 11:51 PM   #421
jh05013
oh hi
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Permissions List and Information v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Google translates that 2nd permission (the reject) as:

(Notice) Hello, this is linear ring. In the future, songs that have been released or will be released after October 20, 2021 are prohibited from being used in rhythm games that allow users to customize their charts. Songs previously permitted may continue to be used.

So, stuff prior to the date can still be used. If that changes in the future, we will update permission to match, and songs already in-game will stay in-game until requested takedown via DMCA.
I think the issue is that we don't know whether they were previously permitted. If there is a proof of explicit approval for those songs, that could work. enchanted love would be allowed from BOF (2020) permission for example.
jh05013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2023, 06:04 AM   #422
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Yep, you parsed that correctly. Just wanted to point out the author hinting that they've provided permission elsewhere that could also be adopted here, but it would need to be scouted first and find if it's a generalized permission or specific to a certain rhythm game.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2023, 11:47 AM   #423
Zeta64
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite Keysmasher

Permission from Nagiha. Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/nagiha

Last edited by Zeta64; 04-8-2023 at 11:51 AM..
Zeta64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2023, 02:56 PM   #424
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta64 View Post
Permission from Nagiha. Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/nagiha
Should clarify that this means limited. Only content with a buy link / on their Bandcamp is available. You cannot just grab an mp3 rip from YouTube and use that. Otherwise, nice permission get.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 04-8-2023 at 03:06 PM..
Old 04-13-2023, 03:17 PM   #425
Tru
e
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile Author

Wanted to try and clear up some stuff on Camellia permissions, as it seems to come up every so often and tends to be tricky to verify on the judge side.

Camellia's song use policy details which songs are available to use. I've copy-pasted the policy below as it was on the edit date of this post.
Code:
Song use
Guideline about use of my song

(Last update: Nov 11, 2020)

In all cases, use for purposes against the law, against public order and morals, religious use, political use, or use to hate, disparage or be offensive to myslef or a third party (including other possible ways) are not allowed.
In addition, I may not be able to allow permission or respond to any songs released even in my name for reasons such as not currently owning the rights of the song.

All use of the music is at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any damage, problems caused by your use of the music and will not be involved in any way.

(1) In the case of you are a corporation / a company
If you wish to use my song as a corporation / a company, no matter how you use it, please contact me and confirm at the following email address:
cametek[at]gmail.com

(1a) In the case of you are an educational institution or a volunteer organization / a company for volunteer
You can use my songs as well as individuals. If you can, it would be helpful if you could confirm once:
cametek[at]gmail.com
Please note that this is intended primarily, but not exclusively, for educational institutions related to music.

(2) In the case of you are an individual (not corporation / company) who want to use my music in a format that does not involve sending the music itself as a file (e.g., BGMs for stream, BGMs in video, etc.)
You are allowed to use the song without my certain permission if either of the followings. In this case, I don't give permission individually. Please understand that.:
- It is included in this playlist.
- It is included in album or E.P. that has serial code (it can be confirmed in the list of albums) beginning with "CTCD", but is not licensed from other organizations or companies
- Completely original music that has been uploaded to the YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/Kamelcamellia) that is not originally written for a game (including rhythm game), organization, or company (e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q-ow8-BipA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjQmZBvi3WE)
Particularly, for YouTube or Twitch (etc), if you want to use the song as a background music for videos or stream, it does not matter if it is monetized or not. However, please note that it may be registered in Content ID in YouTube.
If the song you want to use is a remix, the original song may have been come from other sources, or it may be an unofficial remix that has not been licensed by the original author. In such cases, I will not be able to give my permission.

Please credit me if possible.

List of albums: https://cametek.jp/release.html
List of permitted songs (Last updated Nov 11, 2020, may not include new songs):https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaN19gIKi5ZrjNT-KAuFeB82fmykcF8bK
(Thanks to woops who brought the original stream playable playlist)

(3) Individuals who wish to use the music itself as a file that is downloadable, extractable, or users can easily get the song data itself
Conditions vary depending on the method of use.

(3a) If you want to distribute it as an unofficial custom map / chart for a rhythm game (Osu!, Geometry Dash, A Dance of Fire and Ice, Beat Saber, etc.)
You can use the music without permission under the same conditions as (2) above.
In this case, no charts / maps can be sold for a fee (free distribution only), except following:
- Mapping / making a chart or playing it in a monetized stream or video
- Distributing a chart or play data / recorded video on the site which has ads
In any case, I have no permission or involvement other than the use of my music.

(3b) If you want to distribute the music as an official chart / official music for a rhythm game (in short, if you're a game developer)
(3c) If you want to use a song as a bgm that is included in a program / a game or its directory
Please contact me at the following email address:
cametek[at]gmail.com

(4) If you want to remix/arrange my song and release it
In principle, basically I don't give official permission to release remix / arrangement, but it is possible to release it under the same conditions as (2).
It includes cover (with your instruments, voice, singing etc.) and recreation / transcription for "good purpose", including joke, meme, education, practice, etc.
In that case, please limit your release to platforms such as YouTube, SoundCloud, Nico Nico Douga, Twitter, bilibili etc.
Free download of audio data such as mp3, wav, aiff, flac etc., of the remix is also available.
For Bandcamp, you can use the same conditions as above only if the price is set to 0 (and Name your price).
If you would like to sell the remix / arrangement or provide them to stream services such as iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, etc., or sell recorded media such as CDs, vinyls or any kind of physical copies, please contact me at the following email address:
cametek[at]gmail.com

(5) Other uses
Please contact us at the following email address:
cametek[at]gmail.com

In short, all songs from an album with the "CTCD" code are good to use.
-We can't really know which songs have been licensed from other companies or games so the working assumption is that all music from CTCD albums is ok.

There may be some other songs Camellia releases on their YouTube which are not used or licensed in another game that may be good to use. In general they might be found on this playlist. This may not be the most current or complete such list.

A free download link is not proof of permission.

Finally, as a reminder of the submission rules, you must provide proof of permission for every submission.
-For CTCD songs, you can provide an album code or name. (Judges might use this sheet I made to verify such permission)
-For any other song, you must provide a direct link to Camellia officially granting permission. If it's on the above linked playlist, link the playlist.

If neither of the above cases applies, FFR does not have permission to use that song.

Old sources
Original FFR Thread
Camellia Tweet confirming limited permissions

Last edited by Tru; 04-16-2023 at 12:13 PM..
Tru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 11:13 PM   #426
gold stinger

Surprised no one tapped into Give Heart Records permissions yet. I kinda thought we'd have a lot of anime options on the table for this upcoming OT.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 04-13-2023 at 11:15 PM..
Old 04-26-2023, 05:23 AM   #427
jh05013
oh hi

Posting here so that it can be tracked: we already have blanket permission from Sakuzyo, orangentle, and the Flashbulb (not just the alphabasic label), despite what the v8 post and FFR Wiki says. Confirmed by gold stinger and bmah.

brb stepping a Sakuzyo song real quick and replacing it with one of my OT submissions
Old 04-27-2023, 12:12 PM   #428
midnghtraver
Icarus Moth
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Not sure if this is the right way to do this but I want to grant permission for my music project. I did in the past (idk 15 years ago?) but I don't see it on the list. This can include any of my past releases and any private unreleased tracks I post in the Audio and Music Production forum in the future.

The music project is Icarus Moth which can be found here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/7qfc...QdWmqHBaNPmMjw

With some additional tracks that aren't distributed found here: https://soundcloud.com/icarusmoth

FFR is a huge reason why I pursued music full time, even if no one ever touches these tracks I have to show my appreciation <3

Let me know if I need to submit permission via other means than forum post

Shoutout Deamerai for helping me get my acc back.
midnghtraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2023, 06:22 AM   #429
gold stinger

Thread crosspost for tracking: Stone McKnuckle permissions

https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...18&postcount=1

- Tosh 2014

Old 05-6-2023, 11:30 PM   #430
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Posting for Hateandhatred.

Permission obtained for Deadball-P / Ryo Takeshita.

Spotify (Deadball-P): https://open.spotify.com/artist/1PnsxpHu1ObtAeTWTfdoGO
YouTube playlist of work under Ryo Takeshita: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AUjvDVgALBevQs
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 10:57 PM   #431
jh05013
oh hi

Permission from s-don for non-commercial usage except for the songs written for companies. Should notify the author when the song gets released. Refer to terms of use from their website.
Soundcloud | Youtube | Bandcamp | Website

Blanket permission from Synthion for non-commercial usage. Refer to usage policy from her website.
Website | Soundcloud | Youtube | Bandcamp

edit: thanks to gold stinger for fixing this post's format! This was originally posted in markdown lol

Last edited by jh05013; 06-21-2023 at 04:17 AM..
Old 05-16-2023, 12:57 AM   #432
gold stinger

"Tone Sphere" / "Sta" permissions as long as FFR stays non-commercial.

http://bit192.info/labs/e/usages.html

Quote:
 You can use Sta/Tone Sphere songs and art for fanmade custom charts and videos. Especially, you can create custom chart for simulators such as NotITG or Osu! and upload the chart and/or chart/gameplay video.

Things you want to keep in mind:

・Non-commercial individual use only.
 ・Sta and/or Tone Sphere must be credited somewhere.
 This is to avoid troublesome confusions like "Tiferet was originally created by *random other game here*".

・Songs released under the name "Sta" outside of Tone Sphere can be also used if the song is either released in albums or uploaded in official channels such as YouTube/SoundCloud, AND there is no external (c) attatched. For example, "Fracture Ray (pt. StaZyo)" is not covered by this approval because the song is owned by the third party (in this case, lowiro LLC).
It is an Android / iOS rhythm game that functions similarly to FFR.

We are not allowed to host any of their content as "official content" (zero collaboration rights similar to Minecraft/Microsoft; They do not want to collaborate or have it made known as officially partnered / working with them, brand/IP protection).

Please check & verify before-hand that the song used in Tone Sphere does not have an external copyright attached as per permission. Songs with external copyright needs permission from that copyright holder as well. Arcaea collaborations are NG. Check with other Video Game collaborations for more info/usage policies.

YouTube | SoundCloud | Official Website

- Tosh 2014

Old 06-16-2023, 09:58 PM   #433
gold stinger

NyxTheShield conditional permissions obtained via email.

Quote:
Hey Kyle! Sure, go ahead, legally I cannot give you explicit permission for usage of my non original works (like my UT/DT/Nintendo remixes), but anything else (including my GT/Underverse originals) should be fair play. Cheers!
Responsible for a lot of Undertale / Deltarune / Touhou Original music and remixing. Quite a large YouTuber, sitting at just 300,000 subscribers at the time of this post. They tend to do a lot of music outside of the 8-bit expectations of Undertale, and actually have a lot of banger rock / traditional songs.

YouTube | Bandcamp | Twitter | Spotify | Facebook | SoundCloud

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 06-16-2023 at 10:00 PM..
Old 06-18-2023, 11:15 PM   #434
icontrolyourworld2
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

perms for kurokotei's music
Old 06-20-2023, 08:11 PM   #435
RenaPlatinak2
FFR Player

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
RenaPlatinak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 08:52 PM   #436
icontrolyourworld2
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Perms for Mashcore artist ''djkirakira''
Old 06-21-2023, 01:35 AM   #437
gold stinger

Schwank blanket permissions with exception of "$1.78" via email.

Quote:
Hey Kyle!

You're free to use any of my songs besides $1.78 due to the licensing with beat games. I actually used to play a bit of ffr when I was younger so I'm excited to see what comes out of this.

Thanks for reaching out,
-Schwank
Well-known for their activity in the Beat Saber community and a few other rhythm games. This should be sufficient for any of their works except for the song "$1.78". Involved in a wide variety of genres.

Official Website | SoundCloud | Bandcamp | Spotify | YouTube | Newgrounds | Twitch

- Tosh 2014

Old 06-22-2023, 12:07 PM   #438
icontrolyourworld2
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Music perms from Emray
Old 06-22-2023, 12:52 PM   #439
gold stinger

kroh permissions via email. 'ERROR143' and 'Hush' cannot be used as rights are not fully owned. Other works are fair game.

Quote:
Thanks for reaching out. So long as you are not profiting in any way, you have my permission to use my songs/works for your rhythm game. Here are some caveats.

You may not use my works for marketing or branding
You may not use my works to make a profit
You must provide credit for my songs
You can use any of my songs currently available besides ERROR143 and Hush.
ERROR143 was written for another game so they have exclusive rights
Hush was written in collaboration so I do not fully own the copyright for it
Any new songs I release will not be applicable to this agreement

Again, thank you for asking, I really appreciate it.

Warm regards,
kroh
Massive in the Spotify-sphere, has the baritone voice of an angel. May have crawled into your recommended at one point or another.

Official Website | YouTube | Twitter | Spotify | Twitch

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 06-22-2023 at 12:54 PM..
Old 06-24-2023, 01:22 AM   #440
gold stinger

Ardolf permissions via their guideline page:

http://ardolf-official.com/guideline

Quote:
All of the music created by me except those mentioned in the list at the bottom of this page are allowed to be used in your personal, non-commercial project, for example:

* Background music for your video / livestream (YouTube & Twitch),
* School project,
* Personal project with no profit,
* Non-commercial game, and
* Charts from osu!
There is no specific songs or music listed at the bottom of the page besides the obvious 'bass-boosted songs, nightcore, etc.' mentioned. So, this should be blanket until details change.

Known recently for blowing up in popularity over making music for Friday Night Funkin' mods, but has a hefty amount of regular releases that are bops, plus rhythm game specifically tailored music.

Official Website | YouTube | SoundCloud | Bandcamp | Twitter

- Tosh 2014