Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus
Default Re: bad customer service and bad customers

cant wait to see that youtube compilation
Old 06-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #23
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Enh, it's all bad all the time, someone's always pissed about something, some co-worker is really bad or doesn't care. No particular incident comes to mind.
Working at a coffee place and a couple fast food places, the most annoying, re-occurring complaint is that it's just too slow, when no one could possibly be going any faster. It's really, really hard to keep fast-paced food service running smoothly. There's always bottlenecks, usually ones that staff have no control over, like how long it takes to make an icecap, or that there's only room for 2 people to put the food together, etc.

Oh wait, yeah there was one. Late night Taco Bell, have to get the store cleaned for closed. Someone brushed all the old taco toppings that fall through the grill that you stand up the tacos for stuffing, onto the floor then began sweeping. Halfway through we get a huge line up of customers, so there was a fairly large pile of crap sitting on the floor, visible to customers (instead of, ya know, under a piece of aluminum or under the counter), and this one lady bitched to us about how no one was cleaning up that awful mess, how unsanitary the floor was. The line-up was to the door.
I wish wish wish I had stopped serving customers and taken out the broom and cleaned the floor all nice and pretty, taking a nice long time, with that woman at the counter so that she could share the daggers being stared at us, (which of course were already there because customers stepped into a long line), and if anyone bitched I'd say that this woman here wanted the floor cleaned because she felt it was unsanitary.
And all the other staff would have still been busy because drive thru was still going, so it's not like there would be any employees standing around doing nothing.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #24
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

This is a good one, happened just yesterday.

Woke up yesterday morning and had to go out in the morning and had to do some work on my computer here first thing. My mom started complaining to me if I could help her with something on the PS3 in the living room, so I went to see what was wrong, when she was asking how to punch in the numbers from a prepaid mastercard onto the payment information for netflix on the PS3. Apparently, our free month expired and it didn't automatically take out $8 for the next month, so she goes calling customer service, and before she even called, I told her that the only thing she's going to get from customer service is what I give as customer service, a half-assed answer from a bullshit person.

Person on customer service said to purchase gift months with the card, but it didn't accept the card online. My mom started getting frustrated, so she called back and got a different person and he replied that the last person was wrong, and they changed their policy so that prepaid mastercards do not work with netflix (they changed their policy for this just last month,) and that the only way to have netflix with a prepaid mastercard is to bill it through an iTunes account using money in iTunes.

It was a loud morning, my brother and my mom screaming at each other, but I had to go out for a few hours so I did. I come back, and I found out that they went out and bought a $15 iTunes gift card for this shit and they ask me to get it working with iTunes, so I look up "billing netflix through iTunes" online to find that it can only be done through Apple TV on the PS3, which costs $109.

My mom calls back customer service hella pissed while I'm doing my business on the computer and she comes up to me while she's on the phone and shoves it in my face while saying to the guy on the other end "Can you talk to my son he's a lot better with computers than I am." and she constantly sits over my shoulder whispering in my other ear what to do and things that I was typing in wrong when she herself didn't know what was going on in my head, or what the guy on the phone was saying.

In the end, prepaid cards won't work with Netflix, have a $15 iTunes card, wasted 5 hours of my life, and everyone is depressed because my mom thinks she's stupid, and my brother is in pain from annoyance.

tl;dr
Netflix has bad customer service and my mom is a worse customer. Can't use prepaid mastercard's anymore and after a day of yelling at me to do stuff for my mom and my brother, my mom went out and wasted $15 on an iTunes card.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 06-29-2013 at 07:17 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #25
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

What did you end up having to do to get netflix to work? There's no ending D:

^FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #26
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyus View Post
What did you end up having to do to get netflix to work? There's no ending D:
We never did get it to work. As of now, it still doesn't work.

And they stole $8 off my prepaid mastercard that's stuck in pending transaction, which I can't reject and get back.

- Tosh 2014

Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #27
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

That's dumb

^FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #28
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Any Rogers service.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

What the hell's a Rogers?
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #30
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
What the hell's a Rogers?
Roy Rogers i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #31
ninjaKIWI
plain old ugly ass dumbas
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ninjaKIWI

http://notalwaysright.com/
"Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
"Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
"That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
"Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.
ninjaKIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #32
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I was a tutor because it was damn good money for an undergrad, but for fuck's sake, some people have the worst parents when it comes to diverting blame. It gave me a taste of what it must be like to be a teacher. Absolutely miserable.

Most of my students did quite well come test time, but there was always one or two who either saw no improvement or actually did worse. One mother called me and was furious, ranting on and on about how much money she spent on these classes and how it was all my fault, blah blah blah.

I felt like saying, "Look, your son is a lazy shit. He's by far the worst student I have. He obviously doesn't want to be in my class and is probably only there because you're forcing him to. 95% of the time he's not listening to me and just watches the clock on the wall, and during our practice runs/exercises, he circles shit at random and doesn't try at all."

I offered to tutor her son privately, but she didn't want to pay the extra fees and felt that since it was my problem in the first place, I should do it for free. Uhhh. Fuck-to-the-no. As a self-sufficient, full-time student (who also worked full-time), teaching some reluctant kid for free was the last thing I needed to do with my time.
This shit right here is why I never want to be a tutor. I enjoy teaching, but I don't suffer fools gladly.

So my mom's car is coming out of the car wash, and one of the workers there gets in the seat. Maybe it's for an interior vac, right? No sound is coming from the interior, though. After some exploration, it was found that the gentleman was trying to drive the car off of the line, but was unable to BECAUSE HE CAN'T DRIVE A STICK SHIFT.

Edit: As for the Roy Rogers...

Cereal Alcoholic
RESTAURANT | MANITOBA, CANADA |
(It is 9 AM. I am serving a mother and her young son.)

Me: “Can I get you anything to drink while you’re looking at the menus?”

Mom: “What’s in a Roy Rogers?”

Me: “Grenadine and coke.”

Son: “I want that!”

Mom: “No, you can’t have coke for breakfast!” *to me* “Can you make it with sprite instead?”

(sorry, it was the only thing that came up)

Last edited by igotrhythm; 06-29-2013 at 11:50 PM..
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #33
adlp
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

wth i love roy rogers

great chicken + their choice in buttermilk ranch make it a winner. right up there with Chickfila
Old 06-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #34
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I worked at walmart for 3 months and they were some of the best three months spent at a job ever so far.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #35
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

www.clientsfromhell.net

Client: I need a website before my YellowPages ad comes out!

Me: When will that be?

Client: In about three weeks.

Me: Ok, we can get something up there for you, and then work on refining the site if we need to after that. What’s the domain name you are using?

He gives me a domain name.

Me: Ok, do you have the login information?

Client: I’m not sure.

Me: Well what company did you buy your domain name from?

Client: I didn’t buy the domain name.

Me: Uh, then how did you come up with the domain name for the ad?

Client: I just picked a domain name I liked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #36
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

I could write novels about the psychotic customers I encounter, I work at a furniture distribution center. The amount of times I get called a bitch over $39 nightstands is hilarious, and it's not because I'm doing anything wrong, I literally interact with the customer for 5 seconds unless there is an issue. It's just I'm the only person in the room so everybody directs their problems and issues to me and there are things I can't fix.

I have one story that sticks out the most from my two years at this hell hole. I'm rambling, so warning, this is kind of long lol.

It was during the winter and I had 20 minutes until my lunch break. So these three guys in their twenties come in and you can tell from the moment people step out of their car whether they're going to be a problem or not. So I prepared myself for the shit that was coming. Their paperwork was crumpled into a ball and they threw it at me and said "I want my stuff." So I try to straighten out the paper work but nothing on it was legible. Their order number was faded and impossible to read. So the way I'm supposed to look it up is with a phone number. So I politely ask for the number on the order. (I'm on camera at all times so I'm always really careful about how I sound and my composure) The guys laugh to themselves and go "Are you hitting on me?" I explain that I need the number to look up the order. So the guys start arguing saying they don't get why I can't look it up with their paperwork. I try to explain as nicely as I can that I can't read anything on their crumpled up piece of shit receipt and that this was the best way to find it. After a lot of struggle, I find their order, print it and send it to the warehouse so they can get their stuff, and I tell the guys they can have a seat and that it would be a few minutes.

Of course they didn't. They stood around the accessories stand we have in the waiting room laughing to themselves and talking about me very loudly. Let me mention that the waiting room was filled with people and families with kids. The smallest guy starts knocking stuff off of the stands while the other two watch knowing I have to clean it up. At this point, I'm not going to take this shit so I try to call a manager.... but what a surprise, I can't reach anybody. They were probably in the warehouse. I go fix the stand and while I'm putting things back, the smallest one tries throwing some of the items at me. So I'm like lol fuk dis and I go back behind my desk planning to fix it later.

Once they realize I'm not dealing with their shit anymore they start yelling sexual shit at me. (I had a cold sore, imagine the fun they had with that) The entire waiting room was watching and it was extremely embarrassing. Not being able to contact a manager (which is basically every saturday) really screwed me over because I shouldn't have to put up with that shit. After 15 minutes of excessive bullshit from them, their order was ready and I told them where to go. They left with "Thanks for your help, slut"

Nobody in the waiting room said anything to me or the guys. I was doing everything I could to keep myself from crying because I was beyond frustrated. I thought I'd make it to lunch and just chill out but then one of the guys came back demanding to see a manager. So I get up and go find one and I bring my boss back. The guy goes on yelling about how I provided horrible customer service and how I was throwing stuff at them after they sat down. How I purposely delayed their order and all this nonsense. My manager just goes "If I check the security cameras, is that what I'll see?" The guy said "Oh, it wasn't that big of a deal, I just thought I should let you know what a terrible employee you have" It's hilarious how many customers are all big and tough about what they say happened until I mention we have a security camera in the room.

I went to lunch, cried for a bit, came back to my manager saying don't worry about it, I know you didn't do anything. And when I got back to my desk, the car with the 3 guys drove by at least 3 times. I was about to call the cops if I saw them one more time but I guess they got bored.

My job. (clap)
Old 06-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #37
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Damn, no one should have to go through something like that.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #38
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

I have never heard of Netflix ever being that hard pay for
Old 07-4-2013, 01:43 PM   #39
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcrafta View Post
I have never heard of Netflix ever being that hard pay for
That's because Netflix snort money through their ass in 'merica.

Canada has standards, and they don't want people using gift cards to abuse their 1 free month policy, or so they put it.

Checked my card today, they stole $16 now. Cool, that aint even a month's worth of Netflix, that's 2 months of Netflix that I'm not getting, and money I don't have.

note it's PENDING AMOUNT, which means it's not in my account, and they don't have the money for it yet.

EDIT: tried disabling the card with the Netflix account, and it says the card isn't valid because of their new policy's, although I signed up for the account with that card..........

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 07-4-2013 at 01:46 PM..
Old 07-4-2013, 02:54 PM   #40
Banned
FFR Veteran

you should probably call somebody higher up and explain all of this and tell your fam to stfu while you try to work it all out
top is offline   Reply With Quote