Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
XUioX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XUioX
Default Credits per song???

So usually for every 1 million points you get in a song you get 20 credits. right?
so when you get 2 million points you get 40 credits..

so how come when you reach 3 million points you dont get 60 credits..?

how come the maximum credits are always 40?? i think they should go higher according to your score.
XUioX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Credits per song???

I'm not too sure, but I believe it's so that credits can actually mean something and people who play a lot don't have ridiculous credit amounts.

No credit cap = almost meaningless credits.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
Go_Oilers_Go
<<Insert Title Here>>
FFR Veteran

I've made a topic like this already and it didn't fly. Cease this madness before you embarrass yourself.
Go_Oilers_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
XUioX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Oilers_Go View Post
I've made a topic like this already and it didn't fly. Cease this madness before you embarrass yourself.
Im not trying to make this "fly". im actually just "wondering".

also ive only been around the forums for like 15 days i dont know much topics that have been made already.

Last edited by XUioX; 03-28-2008 at 04:48 PM..
Old 03-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

As long as there are still ways for people to hack and otherwise modify everyone's credit total, nothing will be done with credits besides the 12 purchased songs and the secret songs.

Once credits are secure, and more useful things are done with them, we can worry about whether the scale of credit gains is relevant.

To address the main point, credits that scale to difficuty would make more sense than just credits that scale to score.

There are enough really easy, long songs (see rock) that give a disproportional amount of credits (as compared to hard but short songs like Hellbeat) to make even the existing scale dissatisfying to me.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
XUioX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
As long as there are still ways for people to hack and otherwise modify everyone's credit total, nothing will be done with credits besides the 12 purchased songs and the secret songs.

Once credits are secure, and more useful things are done with them, we can worry about whether the scale of credit gains is relevant.

To address the main point, credits that scale to difficuty would make more sense than just credits that scale to score.

There are enough really easy, long songs (see rock) that give a disproportional amount of credits (as compared to hard but short songs like Hellbeat) to make even the existing scale dissatisfying to me.
wow you are a critical thinker.. i believe your right about difficulty instead of score.. hmm..............
Old 03-28-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

What they should do is decide on a theoretical maximum of credits to be gained from one song (Say from AAA'ing a 12/12 FGO song) Then each difficulty below would be worth a max percentage of that total (say 11/12ths, 10/12th and so on down)

Then you've got a max credits from the song based on its difficulty, and the amount of credits you can get from a play could be based on a percentage of your total score's comparison to the max score.

So if a AAA is worth 40 creds, a score that is equal to 50% of the current rank 1 would get you 20 creds, a score equal to 75% of the current rank one would get you 30 creds.

Be mathematically easy to do. Make a look up table that gets the max credits based on difficulty, and just multiply that value by the percentage score you obtained. Quick, easy, a lot more reasonable than getting 0 credits for a AAA of excite bike, 40 credits for full comboing a 6/12 3:30 rock song, and 20 credits for AAA'ing a short FGO
Old 03-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
Tex :)
FFR Player

Cool Re: Credits per song???

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
You are a critical thinker...
Uh, didn't you see his Custom User Title?
Ha.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
XUioX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex :) View Post
Uh, didn't you see his Custom User Title?
Ha.
naw i did, lol. and yea you bring up a good point again! if only tass or someone would want to take that into consideration.. of course id wait for beta.. whenever that will come out.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #10
knuckles2224
Angel Island ♥
FFR Veteran

I think it's 1credit=50,000 and the max is 40credits. so usually 2 million points or anything higher gives you 40credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrekusuof93 View Post
Knuckles you're just a rebel
knuckles2224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #11
Go_Oilers_Go
<<Insert Title Here>>
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
What they should do is decide on a theoretical maximum of credits to be gained from one song (Say from AAA'ing a 12/12 FGO song) Then each difficulty below would be worth a max percentage of that total (say 11/12ths, 10/12th and so on down)

Then you've got a max credits from the song based on its difficulty, and the amount of credits you can get from a play could be based on a percentage of your total score's comparison to the max score.

So if a AAA is worth 40 creds, a score that is equal to 50% of the current rank 1 would get you 20 creds, a score equal to 75% of the current rank one would get you 30 creds.

Be mathematically easy to do. Make a look up table that gets the max credits based on difficulty, and just multiply that value by the percentage score you obtained. Quick, easy, a lot more reasonable than getting 0 credits for a AAA of excite bike, 40 credits for full comboing a 6/12 3:30 rock song, and 20 credits for AAA'ing a short FGO
That would be too simple. The FFR admins like to make things complicated for us.
Go_Oilers_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #12
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

no. what devonin has said is one idea that we've tossed around for how credits will work in 3rd style. we don't currently have a fixed notion of how they'll work in 3rd style. there are multiple possible ways to go for them.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:05 AM   #13
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles2224 View Post
I think it's 1credit=50,000 and the max is 40credits. so usually 2 million points or anything higher gives you 40credits.
A feat of which I am still unable to reach ><

When third style comes out they should probably keep the allotment of credits the same ratio as R1. Granted the admins do make some things complicated, I don't think they would go all out to complicate the credits whereas we're already having troubles when updates are made with the credits or loss of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:07 AM   #14
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

I say increase the value of credits in 3rd Style. Make the requirements to get credits higher, but lower the prices/requirements of credit oriented items.
Perhaps instead of a 40 credit per song cap, change it to a 10.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:25 AM   #15
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

That depends a lot on what kinds of things they want to be doable with credits.

If you can buy songs with credits and also buy subscription time with credits, then credits need to more easily available so they can scale prices effectively.

If you get them 10 at a time and make things cheaper, and the most expensive song to buy is say 100 credits, then how much do you charge for a month's subscription? 30,000? Then with those as the scale, putting in things (noteskins, or character stuff or whatever) becomes increasingly hard to price.

If you can get more credits at a time, you can widen the gap in the cost of things. You can make the song 1,000 and the subscription 300,000, the ratio remains the same, but now you have 290,000 credits of middle space to play with, as opposed to 29,900.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #16
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

Another theory for credit spending is styles. Assuming the FFR admins have selected to override the user default style of the forums, perhaps the ability to by styles, or skins as their commonly refered to as, would be a decent idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote