Old 08-19-2016, 01:17 AM   #2041
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
If it's not Zenith, maybe YoshL or MML imo
this post bothers me because of its context. this is a minute before you voted for insta and i'm 95% sure i saw this before i posted my "we have time"

it reads like the biggest hedge in case we make a boo-boo, and because you made your vote right after that, you didn't leave it open to discussion. if you had something to say in particular motivating either of those two, i would have wanted to hear it before day ended
Old 08-19-2016, 01:19 AM   #2042
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
we're kind of in a bad place because we actually have no wolf lynches this game

but I think inDHeart has the right idea studying the wagons on wolves
and this isn't what i said i was doing because there was like

one
Old 08-19-2016, 01:39 AM   #2043
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

Read through everything since I last posted and ruminated over everything a bit. Overall, my doubts on Dabackpack have been placated mostly.

Quote:
Regarding the Zenith insta, yes, in hindsight it was stupid, but he had literally given up at that point, and I publicly announced my intent to do so around 10 minutes before I placed the final vote. People were in the thread. Even sunfan was watching and nobody stopped me. The point of saying that I'm voting someone is to see if anybody has any reservations before I do it. Everyone just watched.
At first, I did not like Dabackpack's Insta last Day Phase at all. But now that I look back to it, I think he looks all the more Human.

Think of it how a Wolf might that Day Phase, in the last hour. It seemed like Zenith was more or less going to be the lynch that Phase and Dabackpack was in no danger of being lynched from the looks of it. As a Wolf, I think it's apparent that he would have considered the consequences of his actions if he knowingly and overtly caused an Insta. So would a Wolf want to draw attention to themselves and Insta Zenith there? When the same result likely could have come by the end of the hour? I think it's very unlikely.

Perhaps the only reservation I have of this theory is that Zenith's self-vote may have prompted people to reconsider a lynch on him, and it didn't seem like Dabackpack was 100% sold on Zenith being the last Wolf. But I think it could be explained by a triggerhappy Human than anything (I reacted similarly with the Tokzic lynch).

Quote:
since we're at six people, it's def in our best interest to no-lynch if we mislynch today I think
Liked this post, even if it did ostensibly misremember there being no lynch in the game. I think a Wolf is slightly likelier to have taken a better look at the lynch mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
That said, would Mashi -really- put that much effort in if he was a wolf?
And I say this knowing that he, as a wolf, is damn good at hiding it, and refuting it. I've seen him call BS on a cop with 2 wolf checks (including a check on Mashi himself), get the cop lynched, AND win the game because of it.
lol maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but I bet if I were a Wolf this game, I bet I would have devoted at least twice the effort I have thus far! Playing as a Human is fun, but it's really tiring because I have to think so much and am so busy! And it sucks when I'm wrong!!!
also are you referencing the live twg lol, I didn't even remember you had another Wolf check

Quote:
is Yoshiisland a new player btw?
I don't know for sure if Dabackpack is the type of Player to fake not knowing things, but if he isn't, I think he definitely looks good for this comment. I figure Yoshiisland would in one way or another express his newness in the Wolf chat at some point, or that it would be evident in some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i just woke up from having passed out for two hours somehow???

yeah yoshiisland is new icymi, this is his first game
How do you know this is his first game? Perhaps I missed it too, but I don't remember him specifically saying this was his first game.

Quote:
this is really hurting my head
same tbh
except it was hurting my head a while ago, i'm feeling ogay now hul
but same

Quote:
The little nagging bit in my mind is that when I played wolf with Mashi in the fake-mason game, he as a wolf was really diplomatic and considered my opinions even though there was an obvious power/experience imbalance. Meaning that he might have been swayed into nightkilling AA if someone could convince him that he was a PR or SK. But again I don't see this being the case here
That's one of my favorite Wolf games of all time fyi
I don't think anyone left alive rn (except YoshL maybe?) knows my wolfing meta, but presuming AragakiAyase was the one wolfed, I would never wolf him, because I never wolf my friends Night 1 lol. sunfan touched upon this Day 2 somewhere, but I don't think he likes using it because he thinks it's a bad meta to have!!!

inDheart, after your look at XelNya and Yoshiisland's posts, how do they affect your reads now? It seems to me that you might be focusing on Dabackpack or benguin/T-Force (YoshL too?), but I'm not sure.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:41 AM   #2044
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
this same attitude is why I was reading reuben town earlier

from my memory wolf reuben usually posts a lot of mechanics/math/alignment neutral stuff but not actual reads or attitudes. This game he's posted less, but there are glimmers of opinions and synthesis there

T-Force is kind of in the same camp, but to be honest I can't read him that well altogether

I think I'm used to T-Force being neutral as a wolf which isn't here
meeeh

i don't feel like i've been very warm on ben, and while i was hoping i could reset that for force, the problem is we've seized on like the same 3 things to talk about today. he and i seem to have a rather different playstyle as he's focusing in the moment whereas you and i just spent a while rereading
Old 08-19-2016, 02:02 AM   #2045
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
How do you know this is his first game? Perhaps I missed it too, but I don't remember him specifically saying this was his first game.
it's in his death post and it came up in his post to me early on, too - something like "I know this is your first game, as it is mine"

Quote:
inDheart, after your look at XelNya and Yoshiisland's posts, how do they affect your reads now? It seems to me that you might be focusing on Dabackpack or benguin/T-Force (YoshL too?), but I'm not sure.
i'm most wary of force, if only because of occam's razor. xel's early vote on ben comes off as astoundingly deadly serious, like an easy attempt at an early-game partner push, and those sentiments persisted even through the next day. their actions toward dbp are confused a bit by the growing movement on him that happened on the first day, so for me he's on about the same level as yoshl, who they both tended to ignore more. (well, island called him scummy, but his reads don't seem all that valuable to me)
Old 08-19-2016, 02:11 AM   #2046
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
meeeh

i don't feel like i've been very warm on ben, and while i was hoping i could reset that for force, the problem is we've seized on like the same 3 things to talk about today. he and i seem to have a rather different playstyle as he's focusing in the moment whereas you and i just spent a while rereading
wow did i not finish this thought

pretty much i see more things they've said as alignment neutral rather than specifically town-telling
Old 08-19-2016, 07:00 PM   #2047
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Okay, what the hell, it's 2 hours until EoD and there hasn't been a post in 17 hours????
Good god, guys...
Old 08-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #2048
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Just got home, reading what I've missed, and there's been something bothering me today and I want to look more into it.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:12 PM   #2049
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i'm here what's up

i don't think i ever really commented on last eod so i could do that
Old 08-19-2016, 07:19 PM   #2050
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

Just got home. Father procrastinated on heading back when he picked me up from the dorm, but I'll be here until Phase ends.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #2051
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
I don't think anyone left alive rn (except YoshL maybe?) knows my wolfing meta, but presuming AragakiAyase was the one wolfed, I would never wolf him, because I never wolf my friends Night 1 lol. sunfan touched upon this Day 2 somewhere, but I don't think he likes using it because he thinks it's a bad meta to have!!!
i would agree 100% if it wasn't coming out of your mouth

but sunfan i think i remember said something about this ????

in my head, dbp -> indheart wins for town, but idk, since it looks like i've been barking up the complete wrong trees this whole entire game. maybe sans xiv being weird this game, but otherwise, rip my reads

i'm actually curious, this question goes towards mashi and dabackpack, who are both currently (i think) scumreading me:
if it isn't me, then who/why

also pls elaborate on why me because i want to talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:41 PM   #2052
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Okay, I went back to look at YoshL's day today.

Starting off with these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
there's 6 people left currently. town gets 2 lynches.
Quote:
please be careful, backpack and force have phantoms, and we have an even number of people alive.
Nothing alignment-indicative here.

Next, after the phantom clear-up, we have this post which is just an entire flip-flop on DBP that looks like it has substance, but still ends being nothing more than "idfk".

Following that is a reads list. Quick, has ideas, but nothing solid. You've got:
- Possible wolf?
- Town? Basically the line is "i've had pretty big suspicion on him that i haven't let up on, despite it shrinking away as phases went on (especially after xiz died), but i haven't really stopped and taken a step back until his posts earlier this phase to look back and re-evaluate what i /really/ felt. I wouldn't personally touch him anymore" The hell is that?
- "up in the air" So null.
- ???
- Town

A+, 10/10, would read again.

Followed up by him not reading DBP as a wolf,

Quote:
maybe not a 180. This post makes me feel ultra uncomfortable

ONLY TO FLIPFLOP YET AGAIN.

And then we get to the last 2.

Quote:
i see dabackpack flailing, and that's actually it.

can you like, try making a coherent argument at this point
Quote:
i'm honestly still waiting for concrete things to pop up so i can address them rather than "yoshl is top scum because he feels bad"
How about not so much that you feel bad, but you actually ARE bad? This isn't town YoshL. Town YoshL gets in -everyone's- face regardless of when it is, and doesn't relent until he has his answers. Town YoshL doesn't half-ass ANYTHING and yet looking at his entire day so far? Calling it half-assed is being generous. You have done nothing to help us solve this game today, you have MAYBE one solid read, and you've been basically fluffing your posts to give them length, when in reality, YOU GIVE NO SOLID OPINION.

tl;dr, this is not Town YoshL.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #2053
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Oh now you want to talk?
Old 08-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #2054
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

VOTE COUNT
MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
T-Force -> YoshL

---

DaBackpack
X + 0.1
YoshL
X

---

Yet to vote:

YoshL
DaBackpack
inDheart
Charles Claythorne

Possess phantoms:

DaBackpack (+0.1)
T-Force (+0.1)

---

Xelnya -> Mashi
Xiz -> AA
Yoshiisland -> Charu
YoshL -> thesunfan
Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
Xiz -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
YoshL -> inDheart
Xelnya -> reuben_tate
inDheart -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
thesunfan -> inDheart
inDheart -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> inDheart
YoshL -> AragakiAyase
Xiz -> AragakiAyase
inDheart -> AragakiAyase
AragakiAyase -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> Arntonach
MixMasterLar -> Wineandbread
MixMasterLar -> Unvote
thesunfan -> DaBackpack
Charu -> DaBackpack
Xelnya -> Xiz
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Xiz -> MixMasterLar
DaBackpack -> MixMasterLar
inDheart -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> Charu
MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
Charles Claythorne/Mashi -> Charu
Tokzic -> inDheart
Xelnya -> Unvote
Arntonach -> Charu
thesunfan -> Unvote
Yoshiisland -> Unvote
thesunfan -> DaBackpack
reuben_tate -> Charu
AragakiAyase -> Unvote
Arntonach -> Unvote
Gradiant -> Arntonach
Tokzic -> Charu
Xelnya -> MixMasterLar
YoshL -> DaBackpack
Tokzic -> _Zenith_
_Zenith_ -> Arntonach
Tokzic -> Charu
Wineandbread -> Charu
Tokzic -> Unvote
Tokzic -> DaBackpack
thesunfan -> Unvote
Tokzic -> Unvote
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
thesunfan -> AragakiAyase
Charu -> AragakiAyase
Arntonach -> YoshL
Tokzic -> Charu
AragakiAyase -> Charu
Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
inDheart -> DaBackpack
YoshL -> AragakiAyase
Arntonach -> DaBackpack

Xiz -> thesunfan
MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Wineandbread -> Tokzic
Xiz -> Xelnya
Xiz -> Unvote
_Zenith_ -> Yoshiisland
thesunfan -> Wineandbread
thesunfan -> _Zenith_
inDheart -> Yoshiisland
Charles Claythorne -> Gradiant
inDheart -> _Zenith_
Xiz -> MixMasterLar
Xiz -> Wineandbread
Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
Charles Claythorne -> Tokzic
Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
YoshL -> Wineandbread

Gradiant -> MixMasterLar
MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
thesunfan -> Tokzic
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Gradiant -> Unvote
thesunfan -> Unvote
_Zenith_ -> inDheart
Gradiant -> Tokzic
_Zenith_ -> Tokzic
inDheart -> Tokzic
YoshL -> Tokzic

YoshL -> _Zenith_
T-Force -> _Zenith_
thesunfan -> _Zenith_
_Zenith_ -> _Zenith_
DaBackpack -> _Zenith_

---

Today's theme:

Last edited by roundbox; 08-19-2016 at 08:38 PM..
Old 08-19-2016, 07:58 PM   #2055
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

force, you saw yoshl vs. zenith as a wolf-town interaction; do you still feel that way?

i went back and looked at zenith's posts because i thought him self-voting meant he had nothing else to say to us. he gives some reasons for me when pushed by yoshl - in fact, much of his day was defined by responding to yoshl and having to defend himself in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I'm not trying to go after you in the sense I think you're a wolf, no no

I still have a town read on you.

Bolded is another subjection to a meta read that I already commented that should be thrown away.

I haven't seen the "normal" amount of work you put into a game yet which is why I'm pressuring to see more from you, not pressuring to find out if you're a wolf or not because I'm pretty sure you're town here. If you think I'm attempting to sheep Sunfan because confirmed you are wrong, if you read back, you can see Sunfan and I have shared similar thoughts even though he's had problems with me this game (See: D1). Knowing what he thinks will allow me to look at my own reads from another view which is where I feel like I should be currently since I'm puzzled about who the last wolf is.

Don't think I'm solely targeting you either about activity / wanting more content, everyone needs to start being more active and contributing and you're just getting the start of it because you're here and active, sorry. I'm pissed off at DBP, I don't like that T-Force doesn't even want to skim the past phases and wants to play this one "as if it's d0" because whatever is said in this phase comes off as face value and not "it's logically attributed because of past events". MML is very inconsistent with his activity but still reminds me of the last game I played with MML (Turbo 3) where I gunned him down and he flipped town for making eerily similar posts as the ones he is making this game. inDheart is for lack of a better term bad right now, this is the second time he took flair in something he is sheeping (See: D1 Sunfan, Now you). I think his section about me about wanting to gain town points is absurd, it isn't about the town points, it's about actively attempting to find the last wolf right now.
this post is interesting to me - yoshl looks towny to zenith but hasn't fit into the amount of work he usually does when he's town yet? like, to the point where he doesn't see yoshl any worse for it and would rather see me go, but just wants him to step it up

like, it makes me wonder whether zenith was actually more content with yoshl's output on that day, even though he was the one being pushed

i remember him agreeing with something yoshl was saying about mashi but i don't remember that coming up - mashi was "getting null" for zenith
Old 08-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #2056
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
force, you saw yoshl vs. zenith as a wolf-town interaction; do you still feel that way?
haha probably so, you beat me to the punch
Old 08-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #2057
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

t-force, your current logical downfall is that your argument of me being a wolf right now is "yoshl's not acting like a town"

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
How about not so much that you feel bad, but you actually ARE bad? This isn't town YoshL. Town YoshL gets in -everyone's- face regardless of when it is, and doesn't relent until he has his answers. Town YoshL doesn't half-ass ANYTHING and yet looking at his entire day so far? Calling it half-assed is being generous. You have done nothing to help us solve this game today, you have MAYBE one solid read, and you've been basically fluffing your posts to give them length, when in reality, YOU GIVE NO SOLID OPINION.

tl;dr, this is not Town YoshL.
To take some words out of sunfan's mouth, i'm super flattered that you think my town game is so strong. however, you do realize that in the majority of the games that I play, i get scum read a lot. basing your argument around "TOWN YOSHL DOESN'T DO THIS" doesn't do anything. I see a lot of false claims as well such as:

"You have done nothing to help us solve this game today"
I've stated my reads, and also stated my willingness to continue talking. you saying "NOW you want to talk?!?!" is pretty autistic if you ask me on your part

"you have MAYBE one solid read"
what? i think mashi, mml, are town. dabackpack, indheart more on the scummy side, and you somewhere in the middle. which one is the solid read? And do you mean a "read that i'm sure of?" because when was being sure of your reads at an end-game time indicative of wolfiness or scumminess?

"you've been basically fluffing your posts to give them length, when in reality, YOU GIVE NO SOLID OPINION."
try again dipship

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #2058
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

llike, i can't ever shake t-force's scumminess in my eyes, like that's just always how i read him so i'm always trying to counter-weight that with bias in the opposite direction, but tbh it looks a little bit like you're trying to push for an easy lynch. What puts me above the rest of the remaining living players?

Quote:
Old 08-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #2059
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

when is EoD roundbosdx

Quote:
Old 08-19-2016, 08:15 PM   #2060
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

9pm server time, 10pm edt
Closed Thread