Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-8-2006, 12:32 AM   #21
emptiness
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to emptiness
Default Re: N. korea spazzing out.

Japan has already issued military sanctions in N. Korea if nobody already threw that out there. (correct me if i'm wrong)
Old 07-8-2006, 01:33 AM   #22
flamingspinach
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillobyite
North Korean is a communist nation and by definition communist nations hate, or are mildly hostile to, America. It really isn't that much deeper. They'll continue with psychological warfare, and if US troops are tied up in too many places, they might succeed in an attack. Something has to be done about them and nothing will. Plus the US has troops stationed in South Korea to impede a North Korean invasion attempt so that is another reason why they are pissed off.
Actually, I don't think the whole "communists hate America" thing plays nearly as big of a part in this whole crisis as the second thing you said. As a matter of fact, we (more correctly the United Nations, though the actual army over there is composed mainly of Americans) have technically been at war with North Korea since 1950, even though there has been a ceasefire for the last 53 years. So naturally they'd feel enmity towards us.

Also they see the South Korean government and society as being a puppet of the US (which almost seems true considering we've occupied them for half a century - and having visited there, I can say that the whole place is very "Americanized" compared to other Asian countries), and they want to "reunite" the Korean people by taking over South Korea. This has always been their reason for wanting to invade, or so they say.

-fs
Old 07-8-2006, 09:03 AM   #23
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

I would be careful with language here... the north korean people are poor, starving, and manipulated. "They" don't want anything. Kim Jong Il wants things.
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 09:25 AM   #24
trillobyite
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingspinach
Actually, I don't think the whole "communists hate America" thing plays nearly as big of a part in this whole crisis as the second thing you said. As a matter of fact, we (more correctly the United Nations, though the actual army over there is composed mainly of Americans) have technically been at war with North Korea since 1950, even though there has been a ceasefire for the last 53 years. So naturally they'd feel enmity towards us.

Also they see the South Korean government and society as being a puppet of the US (which almost seems true considering we've occupied them for half a century - and having visited there, I can say that the whole place is very "Americanized" compared to other Asian countries), and they want to "reunite" the Korean people by taking over South Korea. This has always been their reason for wanting to invade, or so they say.

-fs
That's all true, but if North Korea were under the leadership of a more peaceful man, I doubt the hostility that has been carried over through the years would remain, at least not as strongly. The concept of reunifying a north and south of a region, while removing americanization, reeks eerily of Vietnam.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 09:35 AM   #25
stealthkidd
Above and Beyond
FFR Veteran

wow if something goes wrong we could be dead? and with Bush as prez; if he says anything wrong we could get nuked... hope he plays it smart and doesn't talk ****. maybe this is a bluff? i unno this is just confusing. why can't N. Korea just be peacefull? if all those other countries have nukes can't Korea be digging a hole? they could get Nuked way quicker than us.
stealthkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 10:19 AM   #26
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthkidd
wow if something goes wrong we could be dead? and with Bush as prez; if he says anything wrong we could get nuked... hope he plays it smart and doesn't talk ****. maybe this is a bluff? i unno this is just confusing. why can't N. Korea just be peacefull? if all those other countries have nukes can't Korea be digging a hole? they could get Nuked way quicker than us.
Yea Totaliatialy man. PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE.

I think we will still be living in a sort of "cold war" for a long, long time. Most of us are to afraid of what will happen in retaliation. Whatever reason (and i don't think its a menacing reason) for N korea to be moving there nukes isn't anything to get paranoid about. People see this kind of things and flip, which isn't surprising. When I first saw this my mind went of on a "what if" thought track.

Last edited by SethSquall; 07-8-2006 at 10:25 AM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 11:11 AM   #27
megaxxx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutter
Yeah, I doubt that, unless he's rooming with George W.

Man oh man, back to the ****list for you.

On topic: Kim-Jong rivals internet female attention whores
Eh, I think you are just jealous that I have more information than you. If you have heard recently, there is millions of documents that are kept in the pentagon and can not be released as they are confidental. My brother can get into those files anytime he wants. I would figure this would be an act of jelousy. I wouldn't be suprised if Bush would be stupid enough to call a war when we haven't been attacked yet.

Also, I hope you do know that Bush is in office only instead for protecting the country, he is taking from the country. Take gas for instance, wouldn't he have enough power to influence the price of gas. He can order exxon to lower their prices, but what does he do, he lets them increase prices. Increase prices means increase taxes. How bout New Orleans. If he is as powerful as he says, he would of told alot of rich people to invest in the restructure of New Orleans instead of making the people that live there work there.

Last edited by megaxxx; 07-8-2006 at 11:16 AM..
megaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 11:15 AM   #28
tsutter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaxxx
Eh, I think you are just jealous that I have more information than you. If you have heard recently, there is millions of documents that are kept in the pentagon and can not be released as they are confidental. My brother can get into those files anytime he wants. I would figure this would be an act of jelousy. I wouldn't be suprised if Bush would be stupid enough to call a war when we haven't been attacked yet.

I really don't feel like ****ing around in a CT topic but this guy is STUPID.
[02:02:16] <Hayden> i carry the plastic i make it spastic when i put it in ya moms ass boy her **** is elastic when im finished in knee that slut in the jaw snap her back in to pieces i lay down the law cuz i gots no respect fo that ***** elixers **** seeing as he got double dick ****ed on dust 2 by an ingram at long A in pit
tsutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 11:30 AM   #29
megaxxx
FFR Player

tsutter, you need to wake up and smell the java. If you haven't realized that all politics are corrupt, then you really are a suck up to anyone higher in authority than yourself. Do me a favor and stop telling me that I don't know crap when infact, you don't know anything period.

Old 07-8-2006, 12:09 PM   #30
ChAoSxxx
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ChAoSxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutter

I really don't feel like ****ing around in a CT topic but this guy is STUPID.
haha nice.
ChAoSxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 12:27 PM   #31
AasumDude
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAoSxxx
I doubt those numbers are correct.
I got them from Wiki. Ergo, they are correct. It's not that hard to believe. Afterall, after the USSR divided, Ukraine got 5000 nukes, and gave them to Russia. Keep in mind that the USSR went bankrupt for manufacturing so many missiles.

Can anyone confirm that S. Korea stopped food aid to the North?

Tsutter - this is what you're looking for I think. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...uclear_weapons
Old 07-8-2006, 12:49 PM   #32
flamingspinach
FFR Player

Quote:

Also, I hope you do know that Bush is in office only instead for protecting the country, he is taking from the country. Take gas for instance, wouldn't he have enough power to influence the price of gas. He can order exxon to lower their prices, but what does he do, he lets them increase prices. Increase prices means increase taxes. How bout New Orleans. If he is as powerful as he says, he would of told alot of rich people to invest in the restructure of New Orleans instead of making the people that live there work there.
First of all, your brother, unless he is one of the top ranking people in the entire military, can't just "get into those files" because they're classified. Second, if he breaks into a file that's above his "access level" it would be a crime and he would probably be court-martialed or something. So technically he probably could get into those files but I doubt he'd risk huge punishments falling on his head just because his idiot brother wants fuel for an internet argument :/

As for Bush - I agree with you that he is taking from the country, but you have it pretty much all wrong about the economy. First of all you can't just lower prices by mandate. It doesn't work. Even if he were to legislate their profit margins down, actual raw prices as set by OPEC have been rising for years, because we're depleting the oil reserves of the Earth. Go take an economics course and report back. Second, the people who live there want to work there, often because they can't afford to move somewhere else to find a job. And yet Bush has been giving the job to external contractors such as Halliburton, allowing them to pay people very low wages. Get your facts straight!

-fs
Old 07-8-2006, 12:50 PM   #33
shrimpy
FFR Player

f*ck north korea
bunch of f*king commies they deserve to get their asses nuked
dont mess w/ america
theshrimp
shrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 12:54 PM   #34
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpy
f*ck north korea
bunch of f*king commies they deserve to get their asses nuked
dont mess w/ america
theshrimp
Because its full of people like you?
Old 07-8-2006, 01:00 PM   #35
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

North Korea is only one of the many countries that hates the US. We're the "Evil Empire".
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 01:02 PM   #36
megaxxx
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingspinach
First of all, your brother, unless he is one of the top ranking people in the entire military, can't just "get into those files" because they're classified. Second, if he breaks into a file that's above his "access level" it would be a crime and he would probably be court-martialed or something. So technically he probably could get into those files but I doubt he'd risk huge punishments falling on his head just because his idiot brother wants fuel for an internet argument :/

As for Bush - I agree with you that he is taking from the country, but you have it pretty much all wrong about the economy. First of all you can't just lower prices by mandate. It doesn't work. Even if he were to legislate their profit margins down, actual raw prices as set by OPEC have been rising for years, because we're depleting the oil reserves of the Earth. Go take an economics course and report back. Second, the people who live there want to work there, often because they can't afford to move somewhere else to find a job. And yet Bush has been giving the job to external contractors such as Halliburton, allowing them to pay people very low wages. Get your facts straight!

-fs
Ya, I was talking out of my head again, but you cannot deny the fact that Korea is still doing dangerous stuff and it needs to be stopped. I would bet that anyone in here would make a great president.

Old 07-8-2006, 01:36 PM   #37
SethSquall
FFR Player

Quote:
Ya, I was talking out of my head again, but you cannot deny the fact that Korea is still doing dangerous stuff and it needs to be stopped. I would bet that anyone in here would make a great president.
Does it? Theres a reason your not incharge dude. If something needed to be done. I think it would have. Seeing as this problem does involve big boys toys. I think that everything that needs to be done and should be done is being handle properly.

Last edited by SethSquall; 07-8-2006 at 01:44 PM..
Old 07-8-2006, 02:58 PM   #38
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Bush is not as stupid as some of you make him out to be. Just because he has made some unfavorable decisions does not make him an incompetent fool. Learn some politics, economics, and common sense.

Talisman already said the best opinion, in which it's just for attention. N Korea isn't stupid enough to try anything.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 03:20 PM   #39
trillobyite
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222
Bush is not as stupid as some of you make him out to be. Just because he has made some unfavorable decisions does not make him an incompetent fool. Learn some politics, economics, and common sense.

Talisman already said the best opinion, in which it's just for attention. N Korea isn't stupid enough to try anything.
Maybe they are not stupid enough now, but the possibilities of catastrophe are limitless. If Kim starts getting sick, he might honestly fire weapons without care because he is, more or less, insane. He is a threat to international security and something should be done about him. The US can't do much because its troops are tied up in Iraq. The UN has been ineffective in these kinds of operations since the Korean war, and the EU doesn't seem to care as it is not a threat to them.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-8-2006, 07:13 PM   #40
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

he's a megalomaniac but he's not insane. He's been described by most that met him as very shrewd and calculating, not a raving madman.

also, north korea does not (that we know) have nucler weapons right now (to those who seem to be under the impression that it does.)
talisman is offline   Reply With Quote