Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   N. korea spazzing out. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=45511)

ChAoSxxx 07-6-2006 08:46 PM

N. korea spazzing out.

Lets consider north korea as the new topic. Wth are their intentions with those missiles anyways? Do you think they are doing these tests for reasons of being precautious since there has been a lot of hostility between nations recently? I would like some type of educated talk about this since I really want to know about others opinions.

"I really don't want this to be looked over so I might move this to another thread or maybe someone else could. Moderator I am hinting lol."

Moved.

ChAoSxxx 07-6-2006 09:18 PM

Re: N. korea spazzing out.

Yeaaaah.

smiller125 07-6-2006 09:41 PM

They did fire one long-ranged Taepodong that sources thought was capable of hitting the western part of the United States. But failed immediatly after it was launched.

Japan stated they would consider this an act of war about a week ago. Their government is pretty upset at the moment.

ChAoSxxx 07-6-2006 10:01 PM

I don't understand why they would be upset.

N. korea I mean.

smiller125 07-7-2006 08:55 AM

North Korea isn't upset, Japan is.

ChAoSxxx 07-7-2006 09:18 AM

I understood that but North korea must be upset for some reason also.

trillobyite 07-7-2006 09:23 AM

North Korean is a communist nation and by definition communist nations hate, or are mildly hostile to, America. It really isn't that much deeper. They'll continue with psychological warfare, and if US troops are tied up in too many places, they might succeed in an attack. Something has to be done about them and nothing will. Plus the US has troops stationed in South Korea to impede a North Korean invasion attempt so that is another reason why they are pissed off.

stlunatic0124 07-7-2006 10:34 AM

Apparently we have 500,000 troops in the middle east, and only 30,000 free for anything else.

megaxxx 07-7-2006 10:39 AM

You ask questions, I got answers. Korea is testing long range missles, but with that in mind, they were testing our missle defense systems. They mentioned that if we were to intercept one missle, we would enter a nuclear war. There are already a load of troops on stand-by in Korea just incase something breaks out. Both Korea, and America is the only 2 countries in the world with weapons that would, otherwise, destroy the world. If something breaks out, this planet will soon be destroyed.

trillobyite 07-7-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megaxxx
Both Korea, and America is the only 2 countries in the world with weapons that would, otherwise, destroy the world. If something breaks out, this planet will soon be destroyed.

Uh...there are plenty of European countries with nuclear weapons...Israel, India, and Pakistan also have them, and India and Pakistan hate each other.....Iran might get them soon.....people fear that schematics and equipment for building them are spread throughout the international black market. There are plenty of ways the world can be destroyed and a war between N Korea and the USA are not as likely to destroy the world as say, a war between the USA and China, between the USA and Iran, between a coalition of forces against Iran and its own coalition....maybe something over Taiwan....the possibilities are limitless.

Z3ratul 07-7-2006 07:25 PM

Quote:

weapons that would, otherwise, destroy the world

You'd need a pretty big nuke to destroy the world. Genocide, easy. Geocide... *shrug*.

Oh well. Hopefully the UN will come through and solve this problem.

vashthestampede0987 07-7-2006 07:40 PM

Stop being so paranoid guys! They were just celebrating the 4th of July with us...PS Everyone starts dying after Bush refuses to give up his Presidential title and he declares WWIII with everyone.

talisman 07-7-2006 08:11 PM

N Korea is just pushing some buttons. Kim Jong Il is no retard... he won't attack the united states or south korea or japan as he knows that that would dick him over royally and he would risk his regime being toppled. He cares more about his regime surviving than anything else. Also, he is a megalomaniac who likes attention, hence missile tests.

The only way N Korea attacks is if they are attacked first or Kim Jong Il is on his deathbed and doesn't give a **** anymore.

AasumDude 07-7-2006 08:38 PM

This test of his was very wise. He controls with fear, and I believe that this was more of a diversion than anything else. It was intended to cover for more things to come. I believe Kim Jong-Il scuttled the Taepodong 2 early after launch on purpose to spark American over-confidence.

A list of nations capable of, or containing, nuclear warheads. As you can see, there are a hell of a lotta them.

Code:

United States:      5,735 active warheads
                          9,960 total
Russia:                5,830 active warheads
                        16,000 total
United Kingdom:    <200 active warheads
                        <200 total
France:              350 active warheads
                        350 total
China:                130 active warheads
                        130 total
India:                  75 active warheads
                        115 total
Pakistan:            65 active warheads
                        90 total
North Korea:        0 active warheads
                        7 total (possibility)

ChAoSxxx 07-7-2006 08:42 PM

I doubt those numbers are correct.

tsutter 07-7-2006 09:55 PM

Uhh, can we get the source that that Wiki image cites, please?

Quote:

Both Korea, and America is the only 2 countries in the world with weapons that would, otherwise, destroy the world. If something breaks out, this planet will soon be destroyed.

Holy Hell, are you serious?

Tps222 07-7-2006 09:59 PM

Those numbers don't look too farfetched, with SALT and the Nuclear Proliferation treaty and the such.

Lightknight924 07-7-2006 10:23 PM

Damn the world and it's lust for dominincy. I have a bad feeling about the worlds corruption.

megaxxx 07-7-2006 11:13 PM

The only problem with the situation, I have ARMY insider's tips. My brother was working with ARMY Intellegence and knows about anything and everything that goes on with the wars or and other possible use of weapons.

tsutter 07-7-2006 11:16 PM

Yeah, I doubt that, unless he's rooming with George W.

Man oh man, back to the ****list for you.

On topic: Kim-Jong rivals internet female attention whores :(