FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chez-the-guy
Default Re: Team Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by chez-the-guy
If you didn't know I'm a 13 year old
You might be thinking...
a 13 year old? making this type of music? are you crazy?!

This is for ryu[yasha] who wanted to take up FL Studio. I'm pleased with that.

BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF FL STUDIO 10

Heads up: Almost every knob in FL Studio: you must click and drag up / down or left / right to toggle.

Here's a screenshot of the default FL Studio screen.

*note that the things I call the elements by may not be the official name for it... I just call it what I feel like calling it

Purple = Menu Bar. Here you can find all the commands and actions. It starts out with the toolbar containing File, Edit... etc. Let's take a closer look at those other buttons, shall we?

Inside the menu bar, I've put a couple of things in colors and some things in numbers. Let's start with the colored items.
Red = The master volume. Only mess with this after you've finished your project and there are issues with volume levels.

Orange = The master pitch. Used to raise or lower the pitch of the entire song.

Green = Pattern / Song selection, labeled "Pat" and "Song." If the orange pattern light is showing, the currently selected pattern will play. If the green song light is showing, the entire song in the playlist will play.

Dark Blue = The Time Meter, as what I like to call it. There are four letters on the left. SB and BM. The B/M toggles whether the time displayed is on beats or actual minutes / seconds. The S/B toggles whether the time displayed is on steps or beats (only applicable when the time display on B/M is on B).

Light Blue = Play / Stop / Record Button. Pretty self explanatory. You can also press the spacebar to play and stop. Once you press the play button, it will turn into a pause button.

Pink = Tempo Meter and Pattern selector.
The tempo part can be toggled by right clicking and selecting an option, or you can left click, hold and drag up and down to change your tempo. You can drag each 0 in the last .000 to change the decimals by increments of tenths, hundredths, or thousandths.
You use the pattern selector the same way: left click and drag up and down to select a pattern.

Brown = Oscillator. Shows the waveform of sounds being currently played. You can right click the oscillator for options. There are also bars on the right, they represent the stereo output.

Lime / Light Green = There are two parts to this. In the picture above, where it says "1", that number represents how many voices are currently being processed. If it maxes out around 99, the playback will stutter and crackle, so don't let it max out!
The second part is where the picture says "195," that's the amount of memory being used on your computer. You can right click that meter and change it to toggle the amount of memory being used, or the amount of free memory.

Now, there are also some buttons that you can click to turn on and off; I labeled them 1-10.
1 = Toggles keyboard to piano input. If it's on, you can use your keyboard to play notes of the currently selected channel. You can right click this button to set your starting note (which is the Z key on your keyboard).

2 = Countdown before recording. If this is on, there will be a countdown before you record. You can right click this to toggle whether there will be a one or two bar countdown.

3 = Blend Recorded Notes with Existing Data. I'm not sure what this does but I think if it's on, it will merge your recorded notes with existing notes.

4 = Loop record / enable overdub. I'm not sure what this does.

5 = Enable note / clip groups. Pretty self explanatory. I'd leave it on, even though I'm not sure what it really does.

6 = Metronome. You can right click this button to change the metronome sound.

7 = Wait for input to start playing. You can right click this button to toggle it so this option is only active when recording something.

8 = Step editing mode. Brings up the step editor / step sequencer.

9 = Scrolls to reach time markers. This, when on, scrolls the playlist / piano roll / whatever the player so that it keeps in time with the cursor of the song.

10 = Multilink to controllers. Not sure what this does.

Green = The browser. Here you can browse your FL Studio 10 directory for packs, instruments, VSTs, presets, samples, etc, and drag them into your project. Just find the file you want, click and drag it into the place you want to insert it to, e.g. the step sequencer (below all the other existing channels).

Red = The step sequencer. You make patterns in these. Each pattern can be put in the playlist and they can be copied, so there's no need to make a 192-bar loop of the same beat, when you can just paste a 4-bar pattern of that same beat 48 times in a row. To use the step sequencer is... pretty self explanatory.

Pink = each of these are channels. Or, that's what I call them. They represent all the different instruments / samples in your project. You can right click on them for different options, and send them to a piano roll.
To the left of channels are a green light and two knobs. The green light represents a mute button. You can click on this to turn it off, muting the entire channel. You can right click to solo the channel, meaning only that channel will play.
To the right of the mute button are two knobs. The knob on the left represents the channel volume (which toggles the volume for only that channel), and the knob on the right represents the channel panning (which side of the earphones the channel will play).

Orange = This huge beautiful element is the playlist. It's where your entire song goes. You put combinations of patterns into here. Think of it like different sections of instruments, you can put all of them together, or leave all but one out for a solo of some sort.

Blue = Mixer. You can add certain channels to an insert channel in the mixer, and add effects to them. This is useful when you want to have multiple channels with the same effect for each of them.

That's basically it! You'll learn over time, trust me ~
have fun with fl studio, guys
-chez-the-guy
chez-the-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #2742
flash dualist
u wot m8?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to flash dualist

I'll leave this score here.

flash dualist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #2743
chez-the-guy
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

i hate my life

Stupid 2 goods

Stupid blackflag

Stupid replay (I keep getting a good in the SAME EXACT SPOT)

I can't play this game anymore
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #2744
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chez-the-guy View Post
I can't play this game anymore
Sure you can, you just need a little motivational skillboost, that's all.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #2745
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

Cheer up chez, you'll get it!

PARTY TIME IN TGB

Findarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #2746
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

What if ... wait for it....

What if the Masters of the Universe (He-Man)'s world is powered by pony magic? Queen Chrysalis imprisoned most of the ponies beneath in a sort of cavernous underground dungeon as per agreement with Skeletor. Pony magic enhances all of the abilities of him and his minions. Has unintended side effect of also enhancing all the abilities of He-Man and friends as well.

And ... again wait for it....

Orko is secretly a pony with a disguise to prevent being captured like the rest of the ponies? You didn't think there was something "off" about the one non-muscular He-Man character?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Orko.jpg
Pony ears? I think so!

Are those fingers or are they .... wings?

I think the logical conclusion is a blue alicorn of some variety because obviously has magic. The hat is pointy enough to hide a unicorn horn

the "fingers" are the wing tips
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #2747
Findarian
Offical Best Poster 2012
FFR Veteran

lmao wth xD

PARTY TIME IN TGB

Findarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #2748
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

what hav u been smoking

- Tosh 2014

Old 08-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #2749
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It's finally gone
Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #2750
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

I like your pic Preggs. You look hawt.

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2012, 09:44 AM   #2751
chez-the-guy
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

This is a new idea so if you're allergic to new ideas, don't click the spoiler.

Team Pony Positions

Positions... what do you mean by positions?

Self explanatory; kind of like the executive board of the team.

So let's see if I can make up some office positions.

President: Runs and manages the team. Makes sure everything is in order.

Vice President: Same role as the President, except less of it overall.

Captain: Possibly a star player for the team that would be able to represent the team.

Graphics Manager: Manages and creates signatures and avatars.

So... Lol I don't know. This position idea was just something that popped in my head.

I typed this on my iPod Touch by the way, so don't be surprised if there's an error of some sort.

I'm supposed to be sleeping now, night guys~
Old 09-1-2012, 11:22 AM   #2752
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Never bothered improving this because of school. 3rd place is good enough for me.

Congratulations to you AJ. Excellent run man.

Last edited by AlexDest; 09-1-2012 at 11:24 AM..
AlexDest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-1-2012, 08:53 PM   #2753
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chez-the-guy View Post
This is a new idea so if you're allergic to new ideas, don't click the spoiler.

Team Pony Positions

Positions... what do you mean by positions?

Self explanatory; kind of like the executive board of the team.

So let's see if I can make up some office positions.

President: Runs and manages the team. Makes sure everything is in order.

Vice President: Same role as the President, except less of it overall.

Captain: Possibly a star player for the team that would be able to represent the team.

Graphics Manager: Manages and creates signatures and avatars.

So... Lol I don't know. This position idea was just something that popped in my head.

I typed this on my iPod Touch by the way, so don't be surprised if there's an error of some sort.

I'm supposed to be sleeping now, night guys~
I don't really think we need positions, everyone is pretty much equal here

Also, as a side note, my remix finally got released yayyyyy

http://soundcloud.com/assertivefluttershy/still-shy-vip-assertive-remix
Old 09-2-2012, 01:03 AM   #2754
gold stinger

I know I have been neglecting the tournament updates lately, but that was for 3 reasons, 1, there was a lot of back-to-school chores for me that I had to get done (Mostly because I'm taking Co-Operative Education this year,) 2, I tkeeps slipping my mind, (Sorry bout' that! ^^; ) and 3, there haven't been a whole lot of score updates coming from the tournament itself, so I didn't bother updating it compared to the normal amount of updates I usually dealt with in the other Rounds, so I'm sorry for that. At least we can put that misery out of the way as the tournament crawls to an end, and the victors have been crowned, with our very own TC_Halogen landing 1st place in Division 6, so congratulations going out to him!

Included in this update, is the final score for AlexDest and TC_Halogen as the tournament ended, and all people who have taken place in the tournament that are available for prizes from the tournament. If your name is on the Prize List, make sure to check out the 7th official tournament thread in detail to see exactly which prizes you qualified for. Keep in mind, that there was some word about grab bags being given out to the top 16 or top 10 or so (Not sure exactly what he specified from it,) and it hasn't been updated in the official tournament post made by Jae, so I guess we'll just have to wait for that. Keeping that in mind, your names won't be added to the Prize List if your only prize is the gift bag.

Without further ado, here's your last and final tournament update before the next official tournament. A huge congratulations to everyone who has participated in the tournament, and I speak for Team Pony when I say we hope that you will have just as much fun with us in the next Official Tournament!

also lol page stretch deal w/ it

The full update in a single picture!:

Round 8 Final Calculations

.AlexDest (D6) making a great jump to a high SDG with 4-2-0-1!
.TC_Halogen (D6) Ripping 1st place away from samurai7694 with an astonishing blackflag!!

REMAINING PLAYERS

---Division 6--------1941-0-0-0-0----------1771-0-0-0-0----------3126-0-0-0-0----------1800-0-0-0-0----------2539-0-0-0-0---------1880-0-0-0-0----------2077-3-0-0-0----------1987-4-2-0-1
AlexDest: Round 1: 3,008,550 Round 2: 2,745,050 Round 3: 4,845,300 Round 4: 2,790,000 Round 5: 3,935,450 Round 6: 2,914,000 Round 7: 3,223,175 Round 8: 3,087,040

------------------------1941-0-0-0-0----------1771-0-0-0-0----------3126-0-0-0-0---------1800-0-0-0-0----------2539-0-0-0-0----------1880-0-0-0-0---------2078-2-0-0-0----------1992-1-0-0-0--
TC_Halogen: Round 1: 3,008,550 Round 2: 2,745,050 Round 3: 4,845,300 Round 4: 2,790,000 Round 5: 3,935,450 Round 6: 2,914,000 Round 7: 3,223,450 Round 8: 3,088,875

too lazy to make a row for KrazyKitsune because they take like 30 minutes to make forgive me .-.

TOTAL TEAM SCORE: 276,999,875

Prize List

QueenChrysalis - 7th Place (D1) (25k Credits + vROFL + Stickers)
KrazyKitsune - 2nd Place (D1) (All 3 Support Tokens + vROFL + 80k Credits + Stickers)
TwistedPhoenix - 11th Place (D3) (Stickers)
FissionMailed1 - 15th Place (D4) (Stickers)
gold stinger - 10th Place (D4) (All 3 Support Tokens + 40k Credits + Stickers)
psychoangel691 - 8th Place (D4) (All 3 Support Tokens + vROFL + 80k Credits + Stickers)
DarknessXoXLight - 7th Place (D4) (All 3 Support Tokens + vROFL + 100k Credits + Stickers)
Findarian - 7th Place (D5) (All 3 Support Tokens + vROFL + 1 Event Token + 125k Credits + Stickers)
yo man im awesome - 16th Place (D6) (All 3 Support Tokens + Both Event Tokens + 60k Credits + Stickers)
One Winged Angel - 8th Place (D6) (All 3 Support Tokens + vROFL + Both Event Tokens + 120k Credits + Stickers)
AlexDest - 3rd Place (D6) (All 3 Support Tokens + vROFL + Both Event Tokens + 360k Credits + Stickers)
TC_Halogen - 1st Place (D6) (All 3 Support Tokens + vROFL + Both Event Tokens + 600k Credits + Stickers + Song Stepped By who_cares973 + $30 Gift Card Courtesy of m0de + Limited Edition SessileNomad Physical Album)

Now, with the Official Tournament out of the way, what shall we do now?

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-2-2012 at 01:13 AM..
Old 09-2-2012, 01:08 AM   #2755
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

le clap

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2012, 12:35 PM   #2756
j05hwallace
FFR Player