Old 05-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #161
04im
FFR Player

Default Re: ODIPack3 Released! Download inside

Old 05-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #162
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Will make a review by the end of the week. Can't wait to play most of these.
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #163
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
lets step enka ??
Do tell, what's enka?

Edit: looked up enka. It's steppable, just won't make a remotely challenging file, unless you holdfest it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 05-27-2013 at 04:44 AM..
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:08 AM   #164
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Sane To More- WHY DIDN'T YOU STEP THE WHOLE SONG But this is another flawless file by you. 10/10

Seven- My soul hurts playing Oni. But still... another flawless file 10/10

Sin- FUCKING BIGASS CD TITLE/10 in all seriousness this is one of the best versions of Sin I've ever played. 9/10

Snow Storm- I love how you used the 48ths to make the piano blend into the background so it looked like you couldn't see anything! that was awesome. The rest of the file is awesome too . Save for a few confusing parts 9/10

Space is Key Theme Song- that...was a massive dump. I BARELY passed lmao. But seriously...I did not like the chart at all to be honest. I can tell a small amount of effort went into it but it's just scatterbrained all over 3/10

Speed Dial- That fuckin' Piano solo was orgasmic! and the Drum solo was sick too! Holy shit I love the way you stepped that part. Other than that nothing really jumped at me 8/10

Spin the Disc- yay a file of yours that didn't rape me. I enjoyed it a lot. it could've used bpm tricks though D: but still well done 7/10

Sports!- That drum solo was the key to this file's success! it was very well done and I can see myself whoring this file for a AAA 9/10

St. Alphonzo's Pancake Breakfast and Father Oblivion- The song title itself and the song are insta-win. The file does it justice, it's awesome. 10/10

Swing Set- This file. Is GOLDEN. I love the tap dancing part the most! 10/10

Synaptic Plasticity- ADORABLE PONY RETURNS with another gem! there are a few annoying parts but I really like your files 8/10

The Bridgeport Run- This file is REALLY fun..my fingers are just so braindead to get a good score, you layered everything very well and the freezes were used in a fun manner. the only thing I didn't like was the annoying jumpstream burst part of doom 7.5/10

The Creator- Okay I'm confused....The song seems like a straightforward constant BPM. Why cut it in half and speed it up? o.O other than that it's a fun different song 8/10

Time Out- Awesome file, sickass song too! I love how well you stepped this and how accurate you made it 10/10

Toki- Easily one of the best files you've ever made, that 12'th part to finish the song is amazing 9/10

Will continue when I get home from work tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #165
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

when's the next pack being made so I can step this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR8WkrRJQSE ?
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #166
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
The Creator- Okay I'm confused....The song seems like a straightforward constant BPM. Why cut it in half and speed it up? o.O other than that it's a fun different song 8/10
To anyone who is confused for on this:

1. Difficulty purposes. It's pretty hard to hit those when they're harder to read. The chart's simplistic so I had to make it difficult elsewhere.
2. Intensity build up. The slower parts, save for the solo, are really intense and dense. I wanted to colors to reflect this. The solo speed up is because I wanted to raise the tension, that bass solo hits and you're getting pumped to do the main solo, which granted I introduced with this god awful to hit set of Polys.
3. Fun fact, there were originally a lot of cuts to 24ths, which personally I enjoy. But Glove wasn't fond of it, so I went with his judgement for the SM, and mine for the copy on the TB engine. The song is all about changes in the intensity and density, and the BPM changes are used to reflect this. My style avoids super difficult patterns unless the chart is intended to be incredibly hard. I like to get you on reading and technique rather than density and speed.
4. The Creator on Osu is charted @280, and that makes me laugh hysterically. I charted the whole thing @140 and then changed it when I was done.

Also again, to anyone playing Transparent World, don't just play the edit difficulty. You're missing out on the best charts. I know it's dumpy and I said in a previous post I'm not even fond of it. You want to play a non dumpy version of Transparent? Play the Oni one. That shit is what I wanted.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 05-27-2013 at 05:20 AM..
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #167
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

My dad wants me to step more Zappa

Btw, I don't see why everyone thinks Salieri Strikes Back is so hard, I got 9 cbs sightread on my laptop. There are WAY trickier files in this pack.

P.S: 6.5/10, though the steps were accurate and the JS parts were fun, the song choice just made for a fairly tedious file given the amount of 8th sections. You did everything to make them interesting, but it was transparent that it took quite a bit of effort. (Only played Oni cuz break ain't that long)

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING

Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 05-27-2013 at 05:41 AM..
Old 05-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #168
04im
FFR Player

Kappa
Old 05-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #169
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Old 05-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #170
dascookieman
FFR Player

some of my favorite files in the pack are:

Insect Digestion Melancholy
Synaptic Plasticity
(i wanna give you) Devotion
Earth Quake
Parousia
Time Out
Fallen World
Tzuicha-cha
CirnoRHTL
Contact

and all the files i made myself and collabed on :ego:

Last edited by dascookieman; 05-27-2013 at 07:05 AM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:01 AM   #171
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
People honestly should step more genres.
(shoutout to carlos)
I stepped invisible touch by genesis if you want it lol
Old 05-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #172
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

I want it in hi19's cancelled pack for unusual song choices.
Or a new pack for unusual song choices.

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Old 05-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #173
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

expect suit n tie non-trap version by me then l0l
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #174
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

i haven't reviewed anything in a long while. am pretty rusty. don't take these too seriously.

starting from bottom to top because fuck you thats why

=== Planet Karma === 9/10
This is a file of great epicness. I love the variation, i love the layering choices, the arrow coloring, the difficulty, and the fact it always throws something at you that never makes you bored. A wonderful journey in the land of stepen manias. Score: 95.97%

[i wanna give you] devotion some retarded ****** mix 5/10 - 6.5/10
This song sounds like cancer, but as the stepfile goes it's alright. The easier chart simplifies too much in my opinion, and becomes very boring with the melody that keeps repeating over and over. The harder chart starts out way better but becomes boring through the song, with some questionable pattern choices. I may be biased because i really don't like this song but i would not play again. Score: 99.39% - 98.14%

Zen 9.5/10
This file. This fucking file, is perfect. Patterns, rhythms, difficulty. It's a great challenge and it's real.fucking.fun. Good job. Score: 95.95%

Wooly Mammoth Stomp 8/10
Fantastic overall, very well balanced file. Accurately represents the song's musical structure while being pretty fun and challenging. The ending was a bit sudden, i wish it went on for a little more. Score: 96.39%

Why am i here 10/10
Absolutely stunning work, perfectly on sync and really fun to play throughout the song. Layering and patterns were dayum. Score: 98.29%

Waltz no 17 some virkato japanese piano dump 9/10
This file is really hard, but still manages to make sense and be fun from beginning to end. The climax is terrific. When i'll be a grown up stepmamio i'll be all over this shit. Score: 79.65%

Uplift (affected edit) 7/10
This was SO fun until the supergay ending with holds. That seriously ruins the flow. Or i'm just really bad at it. Anyway the song and chart is really solid. Score: 98.01%

Unconnected 8/10
Really hard and really fun. The mines throw you offguard :P Score: 90.85%

Ultraviolent Junglist 7/10
Feels like maybe it drags for too long? There's so many places where you can screw up, scoring on this will be ridiculous. Had an unreal 1400 combo at the beginning, but this file is the first file in the pack that seriously made me sweat. Stepping wise it's awesome and very polished. Score: 92.71%

Tzuicha-cha 4/10 - 6/10
And after the first real stamina-drainer, here's the first disappointment. What is this? The notes are almost never straight 16ths, and some sounds are not accented as they should be. The harder chart somewhat masks this with some more aggressive jumpstream and layering, making it for a decent scoring file, but still. Score: 97.57% - 97.86%

Tranzport 9/10
Perfect. Nothing else to add. The freeze part was actually the only CB spot for me, lol. I love it though. Score: 97.36%

Transparent World 5/10 5/10 6/10 4/10 5/10 can't play edits/10
Beginner could use some vocal layering instead of endless blue notes, light has the uber annoying blue notes but as jumps, and some other sections which are pretty cheap. Standard has the really cheap on handed triplets and has the same boring jump parts exactly as light, but this time there's 8ths in between, making it a little smoother. Heavy doesn't really gives that feeling of simulation even though the arrows are on sync. Pattern choices are very questionable. What's your problem? What's up with these freeform and copy/pasted streams? Oni is no much better than heavy, but at least adds a tad bit of difficulty... Can't play edit on this stepmania but i expect no better than jumps in the streams and all i have to say is no thanks. Score: quit out (on all of them...)

Toki 10/10
Beautiful song, always interesting to follow, perfect climax, perfect patterns. Score: 98.73%

Timeout piano solo 8/10
Absolutely stunning. In some parts it feels like something is missing to accurately represent what's going on, but it's really forgivable considering how awesome is the rest. Score: 95.19%

-more to come later br0s

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 05-27-2013 at 08:16 AM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #175
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Toki 10/10
Beautiful song, always interesting to follow, perfect climax, perfect patterns. Score: 98.73%
:') omggg

to be honest I'm actually super surprised at how positive the reception for Toki has been
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #176
dascookieman
FFR Player

dude toki owns! the ending is so awesome

maybe make full pack reviews thread? would be fun, there are so many posts here
Old 05-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #177
moches
FFR Player

more random files!

aegis - despite disagreeing with a fair number of stepping choices, I still ended up really enjoying this
asdfmoviesong - i'm really impressed by how well this manages to flow despite being freezetastic. simple but energetic and bombastic
autoprocess - suitably brutal and oddly elegant. even graceful. i didn't know you had this in you, man.
bambous - the freezes here are super-dense but they bring the file a rich texture i'm very fond of. a few patterns throw off the balance between right and left but all in all this is a sexy piece of work
clash - stunned me off of my feet. zagh hasn't changed his style at all, and yet this feels effortlessly modern even as it hearkens back to the days of ODI and SMG. a real showstopper, this file.
eater merry - the softer/easier parts are flawless, nothing to touch. i do love the half-bpm and how it almost slows down the time spent playing this, but the faster parts should have been doubled in my view--half bpm is great for bringing out a richer, fuller effect in sparse sections, but get too dense and it can become overwhelming. guitar layering at the veeery end could have been a touch more integrated. fantastic overall though.
eos - reminded me of Niko's Captain Murasa file in some parts. very cute file, has some great rhythms. i'm not a fan of double freezes (especially not going to snare hits) but they're not too glaring here. ending climax should have been a bit more subtle, it just goes from too easy to WHOA huge jumpdumpstream in literally the space of one repetition
laste testament of ur 12th mom - pretty neat, has its moments. much like Battle of Saruin this is a file i will admire more than enjoy
orbital - B on sightread rofl. incredible, incredible file, though. when the dubstep came in i creamed myself
paradise lost - my biggest miff with this is the patterns, which i really do not follow. also, 24ths/32nds often look awkward when mixed...i wasn't sure if it was technically accurate or not, but with better organization/patterns that wouldn't have been too big of an issue. decent as a scoring file, though.
plasmatextor - i know everybody hates the 24th jacks but i actually loved the challenge. this file is intense but somehow it all flows beautifully. really nice.
transparent world - played Oni. somewhat simple approach, but it's executed cleanly and for the most part effectively. the only thing i'd really tweak are the freezes, which are just a bit too pervasive, particularly in one section near the end.

this might be the best pack I've ever played

Last edited by moches; 05-27-2013 at 09:32 AM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #178
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
some of my favorite files in the pack are:

Insect Digestion Melancholy
Synaptic Plasticity
(i wanna give you) Devotion
Earth Quake
Parousia
Time Out
Fallen World
Tzuicha-cha
CirnoRHTL
Contact

and all the files i made myself and collabed on :ego:
:')

stfu guys they're just rolls it adds the YOSHL flair to the file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #179
dascookieman
FFR Player

i fucking love contact. the 48ths aren't dumb at all i've aaa'd them with mashing and fc with mashing is not too hard (obv meant to be mashed >_>). it's a superfun file, it's like passage d jr
Old 05-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #180
mirror_eclipse
if you were a branch...
FFR Veteran

Crack in the Hourglass is my favorite file so far, followed closely by My So-Called Life :3 They both flow super well.

Really good job on this pack to everyone, all the files I've played so far are really well done. <3