Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 11:11 PM   #1
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

ok, it might not be ~THE SOLVE~, but it sounded good in my head

what if this thread is just voting which people get flipped? what if we're just here to give information to the main game?

Gold Stinger is "alive", but his colour has been revealed. Maybe this is a fake dual setup where the dead get to choose who flips once a day? this would mean the main game would have to work in overdrive to get the wolves since they're essentially playing with very few cardflips if this is true
Old 07-27-2021, 11:14 PM   #2
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
what if this thread is just voting which people get flipped? what if we're just here to give information to the main game?

Gold Stinger is "alive", but his colour has been revealed. Maybe this is a fake dual setup where the dead get to choose who flips once a day? this would mean the main game would have to work in overdrive to get the wolves since they're essentially playing with very few cardflips if this is true
Except that it was explicitly stated that everyone currently in this game still has the same roles as the previous game. What's the point of wolves/3p in a setup like that after they go to this game, but have their kill power/night actions still?

- Tosh 2014

Old 07-28-2021, 12:46 AM   #3
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:

given the fact that blind's power worked in the main game, there might be some truth in this statement, but I'm not putting all of my money on it
Old 07-28-2021, 10:45 AM   #4
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:

I think there is some truth to this

Our objective is to just "flip" all of the wolves here, I guess

Either we are purely in a support capacity for the first game, or we have our own win condition that is solely: flip all of the wolves before we reach """parity""", whatever that means here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 07-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #5
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
we are purely in a support capacity for the first game
I kinda think this is what's happening right now

With no "deaths" in the night, and Gold Stinger "not dying", I don't think ANY of us actually CAN die. We are stuck here, and our job is to perform cardflips to help out the "main game."

We are in a reverse game. Think about what that means for a moment:

Time is flowing backwards. We cannot "kill" people here, because that means deleting a player "from the past" of this game. That is: a player dying here would mean that we delete them from earlier in the game.

Yesterday, you lynched Gold Stinger, but you could not "kill" him... because that would mean killing Gold Stinger before "the game even started."

Players can ENTER this game, because that just represents that "these three players USED to be in this game, but EVENTUALLY GET NIGHTKILLED" in the forward-flow of linear time.

If you imagine the "un-reversed" version of this game, then we are currently at Day X. With 8 players. "Some player" will be lynched today ("storn"). Then, "three players" will be nightkilled ("Charu, DBP, and roundbox"). Then, the game enters Day X+1, with only 4 players next (GS, star-crossed, Subaru, and blind).

"Our game" is not even a game. It is a "reversed" play-back of some other imaginary game. We actually cannot directly take any actions that interrupt this play-back, because it would mean we are changing the past of a game that already happened.

-----------------------

For you programmers out there, consider the "stack" data structure. This game is just a stack, wherein sunfan is pushing previous game-states onto this stack. As sunfan said at the very beginning...... "this game has ended already."

This second game, when TWG 200, Game 1 ends, will just be what you see when you hit the "rewind" button at the season finale of this "imaginary TWG 200" game.

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 03:41 PM   #6
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:

With no "deaths" in the night, and Gold Stinger "not dying", I don't think ANY of us actually CAN die. We are stuck here, and our job is to perform cardflips to help out the "main game."

Time is flowing backwards. We cannot "kill" people here, because that means deleting a player "from the past" of this game. That is: a player dying here would mean that we delete them from earlier in the game.

Yesterday, you lynched Gold Stinger, but you could not "kill" him... because that would mean killing Gold Stinger before "the game even started."

Players can ENTER this game, because that just represents that "these three players USED to be in this game, but EVENTUALLY GET NIGHTKILLED" in the forward-flow of linear time.

If you imagine the "un-reversed" version of this game, then we are currently at Day X. With 8 players. "Some player" will be lynched today ("storn"). Then, "three players" will be nightkilled ("Charu, DBP, and roundbox"). Then, the game enters Day X+1, with only 4 players next (GS, star-crossed, Subaru, and blind).

"Our game" is not even a game. It is a "reversed" play-back of some other imaginary game. We actually cannot directly take any actions that interrupt this play-back, because it would mean we are changing the past of a game that already happened.

-----------------------

For you programmers out there, consider the "stack" data structure. This game is just a stack, wherein sunfan is pushing previous game-states onto this stack. As sunfan said at the very beginning...... "this game has ended already."

This second game, when TWG 200, Game 1 ends, will just be what you see when you hit the "rewind" button at the season finale of this "imaginary TWG 200" game.
quoting again because bottom-paged

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 05:44 PM   #7
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:

-----------------------

This kind of makes sense to me, but it also does not. I will try to articulate why. If it is meant to be in reverse, then that partly explains why it started with sun fan's announcement and why we do not know what day gold stinger died. But, if it is in reverse, shouldn't logo have replaced me technically? Because logo had the slot in the future, if we are now in the past. Also, if people never really stop posting or voting, then I do not know what stops a flipped wolf from ruining this thread, as you pointed out.
Closed Thread