Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 06:25 PM   #1921
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLVI: The Grand TWGabout - GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
mini weather anecdote HOW IS IT RAINING this hard again it's like the fifth time
Wanna trade? It's bloody warm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I am pocketed
Success~

Aight, time to get serious.
I don't have solid reads but I will admit right now that aside from thesunfan, the only other town person I would willingly "follow" is Mashi because holy work, Batman.
Also, re: Mashi and his reads, I'm going to go look at the YoshL/Zenith bickering from the beginning of today.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #1922
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
i think the majority of it is because i onion skin and have a skewed viewpoint for recent events. unless i've personally focused on something in the past i tend to forget things
Also, one more thing before I go back, I know there's a typo in here, but do you mind clarifying a bit?
Old 08-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #1923
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

my pov puts more emphasis on events that are more recent, so unless something sticks out to me further in the past, it's w/e. there shouldn't be any typo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:02 PM   #1924
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
@Sunfan when you see this:

Did any of your reads change during night phase?
Immediate call out to the confirmed. Why?

-

Quote:
red flag
Kind of have to side with YoshL on this as this is the second time that Zenith's done something like this. And as much as I want to say the last wolf wouldn't be -that- dumb to pull something like that, it's also not the towniest of moves by a long shot.

Also of note, I'm pretty sure this is where it all begins. The @sunfan is moreso because it sticks out to me.

-

Quote:
You and YoshL are both wrong even if I cannot put words together to defend myself correctly.
Well that's so helpful.

-

And then we go to Zenith's explanation post regarding his read on Gradiant and Tokzic.

What I want to focus on is the bit about Tokzic. Specifically:
Quote:
Tokzic - Ever since the claim and after n0 when we lost AA (VT) and Arnt (PR), I felt really strange because what he did is probably exactly what I would've done had people not given me comments on my playstyle that I heavily considered.
So, let's take this read that "he's doing what I used to do/would have done," which would logically lead to Zenith reading Tokzic town (spoiler alert: he did).

BUT:
Quote:
I still had my doubts about Tokzic flipping wolf, but at that moment I just wanted Tokzic lynched because it provided bad content and a horrible jumping off point in finding the last wolf because of his shit.
tl;dr, I figured Tokzic was town, but wanted him gone regardless.
I don't care how shit of a game he was playing, if you're town, and you believe someone else to be town, don't. Lynch. Them. When. There. Are. Still. Wolves!

-

Quote:
you claimed to be right about tokzic, but pushed for his lynch anyways. Why did you feel the need to point that out? Like, the fact that you purposefully drew attention to like "I was right about tokzic and gradiant hmmm... i wonder what this could mean"

and given your reasoning on tokzic is very shaky to say the least (his latest posts felt weird? how about look at the fact that he was softing the whole entire game, didn't die, even when there was only 1 confirmed PR left, softed even harder)

I get hindsight 20/20 and his actions kinda make sense, but at the same time, you've literally said "i was right about tokzic" but in your "why" post, said that "tokzic was looking wolfy so i wanted to lynch him". That's the complete opposite of being right about tokzic.

also, the fact that you're not scumreading anyone is also alarming, especially at this point. You claim to have "on point" reads, but clearly either A) they're not because you have no scum leans at all, or B) you are the last scum, leading to your "on point" reads.
Don't really think I need to elaborate on this, but depending on Zenith's alignment, I think this is still something that could be looked at.

-

Quote:
How about instead of trying to concentrate on my reads, you instead post some of your own?
//deflection

-

Quote:
>redirection
... Okay, stop. I'm mind-melding with YoshL and that's never a good sign for me.
Mainly because if I am, he gets all trigger happy against me.

--- AT THIS CURRENT POINT IN MY READING, I AM OF THE IDEA THAT YOSHL AND ZENITH ARE WOLF/TOWN. ---
I am leaning towards Zenith, but if I'm wrong, I will seriously re-evaluate YoshL and these posts.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:03 PM   #1925
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
my pov puts more emphasis on events that are more recent, so unless something sticks out to me further in the past, it's w/e. there shouldn't be any typo there
"i onion skin"
Old 08-16-2016, 07:03 PM   #1926
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Unless I'm just reading that incorrectly.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #1927
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

onion skin is my favorite verb
Old 08-16-2016, 07:18 PM   #1928
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

onion skinning is a thing you can do in animation or video making or w/e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #1929
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

so, just kind of my abbreviated thoughts

I am of the opinion that both DBP and T-Force should never die this game. If it really came down to it, like it was me and those two guys in final three, I really don't know what I would do, I would be at a complete loss.

DBP for just how he's been playing. The game-solviness is there, he just hasn't been posting as much as I'd expected.

T-Force partly because of what Ben was posting, partly because of how T-Force said he wouldn't be reading at all, then started reading once nothing was really happening. I think that's more of a townie thing to do. I really have nothing that I dislike from either T-Force or Ben.

MML is my strongest read outside of that. I was wrong on him in his first game, pretty seriously wrong. I've kind of agonized over if I've just been hard defending the last wolf this game, and I'm going to double down and say that I'm not.

To qualify this read, I kind of have to talk about some other people and how I'm reading them, but kind of a prelude since I want to do these in order is I am going back to looking at meta this game if my read on DBP didn't hint at it enough.

I reread the game where I was really wrong on MML, and his posts are just completely different to me. He was not posting at all the things that he's talking about here, like accusing people or talking about how he is vanilla town, completely nonpresent. The only way I see myself being wrong on this read is because he was posting on his phone almost entirely that game and I don't think that's what he's been doing this game at all.

After that, I like both Mashi and InDheart about equally.

Mashi because of how similar our reads have been. He kind of said it earlier when he was giving a read on me, if he's been this good at replicating a human mindset, I mean I know he's pretty godlike, but I would be shocked if he's a wolf this game, just because of how similar our views have been. His reads list earlier today looks pretty similar to the one I'm typing out now.

InDheart is just some minor things. I feel like he actually cares about his posts when he makes them, like he actually cares about solving the game. He's reread and reread, and it shows. I could see him being just kind of a wildcard wolf, but I don't *think* that's the case, especially with how his posts this phase and last phase have looked and felt to me.

Which leaves Yoshl and Zenith

So, I'm pretty shit at reading both of these players, especially Yoshl. Regardless of who the last wolf is, I'm pretty bad for having these two players as my scumleans for as weak reasons as I have, but part of this just comes down to POE.

Yoshl, I don't necessarily agree with what Mashi said about him not really giving the thread a good read-through, but I feel kind of similar in that, please forgive me if this is not true Yoshl, but I feel like you're still just not really invested in seeing town win this game, at least not the way that I sometimes feel about you when I actually have a townread on you. I know I'm wrong on you a lot, but it is how I feel. That's kind of my biggest point on you, is just gut feel. This read is entirely a result of me being bad at reading you, but I would lynch you after Zenith pretty easily, I think.

Which brings me to Zenith. I am going to qualify this by saying I don't think the argument of "Zenith is too right this game" really matters to me. I don't particularly have much meta on him in this read either. So, the reads list that he posted (I think it was d1) where he just kind of gave shorthand leans and some reads had no leans or reasoning at all (I think he just called Mashi his lover and that was the extent of his read) is kind of what I would expect from a wolf who isn't super invested in the game, and not from a town. A town would be more likely to give just a gut feel on some of those reads, I think.

In addition, the vote on Yoshiisland kind of comes off as more scummy to me, so let me kind of elaborate on that.

I would never vote Yoshiisland there if he was my partner, I think. I kind of made the mistake of forgetting that not everyone plays like I do, is my thought rn. Yoshiisland, probably to a lot of players alive in this game, was not posting frequently or exceedingly well, and I think a lot of wolf partners would want to bus him for it. I think Zenith is one of these players.

The only hangup I have on this read is that he forgot him in a reads list, but its kind of minor, I think.

Zenith not being invested in the game, then becoming more invested in the game when there is only one wolf left, kind of feels like he's the last wolf and realized he has to turn on the jets in order to win the game.

This is coming after a lot of thought and reading, but I have to admit that nothing really changed from earlier other than kind of moving indheart up, these were my thoughts before going back and reading the thread after I kind of decided Zenith didn't look so good to me anymore, and I feel kind of bad that they didn't change at all.

Not super happy with how my reads played out this game, and I don't feel exceedingly confident about the game, just the best that I've felt this game, if that makes sense.

Xel fooled the shit out of me and I'll probably never be able to read him the same way again.

Xiz kind of similar but he was the hardest role to find and I've completely lost the ability to read him consistently like I used to, I think.

I didn't really have similar thoughts as other players did early in the game about the wolves likely being in the inactives, and I feel now like this was more likely to be correct, and I feel kind of not-so-great about not feeling the same way.

Anyways, I don't encourage town to follow my reads after I die if lynching Zenith does not win the game for town, I encourage you to follow your own reads.

Zenith

God I really hope its Zenith because if its not, people have to figure out if its Yoshl, and that's pretty hard to do, I think.

glgl
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 08-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #1930
thesunfan
Role Tide

oh ok, I think we're close to insta, if that didn't hit it
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 08-16-2016, 07:23 PM   #1931
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

VOTE COUNT
YoshL -> _Zenith_
T-Force -> _Zenith_
thesunfan -> _Zenith_

---

_Zenith_
X.X.X

---

Yet to vote:

DaBackpack
_Zenith_
MixMasterLar
inDheart
Charles Claythorne

Possess phantoms:

DaBackpack (+0.1)
T-Force (+0.1)

---

Xelnya -> Mashi
Xiz -> AA
Yoshiisland -> Charu
YoshL -> thesunfan
Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
Xiz -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
YoshL -> inDheart
Xelnya -> reuben_tate
inDheart -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
thesunfan -> inDheart
inDheart -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> inDheart
YoshL -> AragakiAyase
Xiz -> AragakiAyase
inDheart -> AragakiAyase
AragakiAyase -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> Arntonach
MixMasterLar -> Wineandbread
MixMasterLar -> Unvote
thesunfan -> DaBackpack
Charu -> DaBackpack
Xelnya -> Xiz
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Xiz -> MixMasterLar
DaBackpack -> MixMasterLar
inDheart -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> Charu
MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
Charles Claythorne/Mashi -> Charu
Tokzic -> inDheart
Xelnya -> Unvote
Arntonach -> Charu
thesunfan -> Unvote
Yoshiisland -> Unvote
thesunfan -> DaBackpack
reuben_tate -> Charu
AragakiAyase -> Unvote
Arntonach -> Unvote
Gradiant -> Arntonach
Tokzic -> Charu
Xelnya -> MixMasterLar
YoshL -> DaBackpack
Tokzic -> _Zenith_
_Zenith_ -> Arntonach
Tokzic -> Charu
Wineandbread -> Charu
Tokzic -> Unvote
Tokzic -> DaBackpack
thesunfan -> Unvote
Tokzic -> Unvote
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
thesunfan -> AragakiAyase
Charu -> AragakiAyase
Arntonach -> YoshL
Tokzic -> Charu
AragakiAyase -> Charu
Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
inDheart -> DaBackpack
YoshL -> AragakiAyase
Arntonach -> DaBackpack

Xiz -> thesunfan
MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Wineandbread -> Tokzic
Xiz -> Xelnya
Xiz -> Unvote
_Zenith_ -> Yoshiisland
thesunfan -> Wineandbread
thesunfan -> _Zenith_
inDheart -> Yoshiisland
Charles Claythorne -> Gradiant
inDheart -> _Zenith_
Xiz -> MixMasterLar
Xiz -> Wineandbread
Charles Claythorne -> Wineandbread
Charles Claythorne -> Tokzic
YoshL -> Wineandbread

Gradiant -> MixMasterLar
MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
thesunfan -> Tokzic
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Gradiant -> Unvote
thesunfan -> Unvote
_Zenith_ -> inDheart
Gradiant -> Tokzic
_Zenith_ -> Tokzic
inDheart -> Tokzic
YoshL -> Tokzic

---

Today's theme:

Last edited by roundbox; 08-16-2016 at 07:23 PM..
Old 08-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #1932
thesunfan
Role Tide

btw, I do want to say, if town wins this game, we don't deserve it.

The wolves and the sk killed themselves and each other, so town got more than lucky, which means that I want to play this setup again sometime, both because its awesome and because the games that have been run haven't really showcased just how awesome this game can be, the roles in this setup are pretty sick-nasty
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #1933
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

thanks roundbox

1 more is insta, looks like
Old 08-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #1934
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
thanks roundbox

1 more is insta, looks like
its actually 2 but yeah I thought the same thing

even numbers are the devil
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #1935
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

nvm i can't count
Old 08-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #1936
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hmm

Old 08-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #1937
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

It's not worth refuting the decision this late

Good luck to town in the next phase

Old 08-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #1938
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

declaring intent to vote Zenith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 08-16-2016, 07:44 PM   #1939
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Zenith

Old 08-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #1940
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

VOTE COUNT
YoshL -> _Zenith_
T-Force -> _Zenith_
thesunfan -> _Zenith_
_Zenith_ -> _Zenith_

---

_Zenith_
X.X.X.X

---

Yet to vote:

DaBackpack
MixMasterLar
inDheart
Charles Claythorne

Possess phantoms:

DaBackpack (+0.1)
T-Force (+0.1)

---

Xelnya -> Mashi
Xiz -> AA
Yoshiisland -> Charu
YoshL -> thesunfan
Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
Xiz -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
YoshL -> inDheart
Xelnya -> reuben_tate
inDheart -> Charles Claythorne/Mashi
thesunfan -> inDheart
inDheart -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> inDheart
YoshL -> AragakiAyase
Xiz -> AragakiAyase
inDheart -> AragakiAyase
AragakiAyase -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> Arntonach
MixMasterLar -> Wineandbread
MixMasterLar -> Unvote
thesunfan -> DaBackpack
Charu -> DaBackpack
Xelnya -> Xiz
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Xiz -> MixMasterLar
DaBackpack -> MixMasterLar
inDheart -> Unvote
AragakiAyase -> Charu
MixMasterLar -> DaBackpack
Charles Claythorne/Mashi -> Charu
Tokzic -> inDheart
Xelnya -> Unvote
Arntonach -> Charu
thesunfan -> Unvote
Yoshiisland -> Unvote
thesunfan -> DaBackpack
reuben_tate -> Charu
AragakiAyase -> Unvote
Arntonach -> Unvote
Gradiant -> Arntonach
Tokzic -> Charu
Xelnya -> MixMasterLar
YoshL -> DaBackpack
Tokzic -> _Zenith_
_Zenith_ -> Arntonach
Tokzic -> Charu
Wineandbread -> Charu
Tokzic -> Unvote
Tokzic -> DaBackpack
thesunfan -> Unvote
Tokzic -> Unvote
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
thesunfan -> AragakiAyase
Charu -> AragakiAyase
Arntonach -> YoshL
Tokzic -> Charu
AragakiAyase -> Charu
Gradiant -> AragakiAyase
inDheart -> DaBackpack
YoshL -> AragakiAyase
Arntonach -> DaBackpack

Xiz -> thesunfan
MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Wineandbread -> Tokzic
Xiz -> Xelnya
Xiz -> Unvote
_Zenith_ -> Yoshiisland
thesunfan -> Wineandbread
thesunfan -> _Zenith_
inDheart -> Yoshiisland
Charles Claythorne -> Gradiant
inDheart -> _Zenith_
Xiz -> MixMasterLar
Xiz -> Wineandbread
Charles Claythorne -> Tokzic
YoshL -> Wineandbread

Gradiant -> MixMasterLar
MixMasterLar -> Tokzic
thesunfan -> Tokzic
YoshL -> MixMasterLar
Gradiant -> Unvote
thesunfan -> Unvote
_Zenith_ -> inDheart
Gradiant -> Tokzic
_Zenith_ -> Tokzic
inDheart -> Tokzic
YoshL -> Tokzic

---

Today's theme:

Last edited by roundbox; 08-16-2016 at 07:45 PM..
Closed Thread