Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-6-2015, 10:35 PM   #141
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXIII: An Excursion to Zimbabwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Kitten View Post
also lol that role claim that wasn't even a role in the game. also p interested in why riot jumped on that.
You're a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2015, 10:38 PM   #142
lurker
ur worst nitemare

I guess this was being treated as an actual questionnaire for everyone and not just Riot, so here goes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
here are questions that I would like answers to

1. why did you sign up for the jtwg?
2. what do you really think about shit-posting?
3. do you think someone's meta matters?
1. To clam down after that disaster during the last TWG.
2. I think shit-posting is pretty useful. It's surprising how a really trivial post can actually bait role slips. I've done it before, but I'm kinda bad at staying on the right people consistently.
3. I think it's kinda useful to understand how people usually post so that it doesn't clout judgement. Tone-based lynches are really lame and should be avoided as much as possible.
Old 04-6-2015, 11:30 PM   #143
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Where in the hell is Tiloco?

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2015, 12:24 AM   #144
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Hell, I wouldn't even saying you're getting baited. It's like you're looking at random posts and stabbing yourself in the mouth with a hook.
vvvvvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Owned
Gradiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2015, 12:27 AM   #145
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Just because Riot and choof were going at it so I thought "Someone's opinion on Zenith might be cool to throw" so I asked you!

Yep
And do you plan on sharing your thoughts? Or just asking other people for theirs...
Or am I dumb and missed your thoughts?
Old 04-7-2015, 12:30 AM   #146
Gradiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Where in the hell is Tiloco?
Also this
Old 04-7-2015, 12:48 AM   #147
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
And do you plan on sharing your thoughts? Or just asking other people for theirs...
Or am I dumb and missed your thoughts?
Nah, you're not dumb.

I think he's cuuuuuuuuuuuute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2015, 02:33 AM   #148
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Kitten View Post
da fuck did this game turn into already.

choof you're going p hard p early. also lol that role claim that wasn't even a role in the game. also p interested in why riot jumped on that.
as a wolf, one of the main things you want to do is kill powerroles early on in the game; you can do this a few ways

I imagine riotpolice was scrolling pretty quickly and only saw the colored portion of my post, it's pretty obvious that he didn't actually know what the set up was so he latched on pretty quickly

the fact that he was shitposting but suddenly stopped to point out my fake-claim is pretty damning imo.
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2015, 02:47 AM   #149
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

yeah i got that part. I assumed as much, but i want to hear the reasoning FROM him. because reaction testing is a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2015, 07:44 AM   #150
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
actually nah I want to get out of the shitposting meta as well because all it's gonna do is make players think that shitposting is a good idea (ps it's not a good idea)

here are questions that I would like answers to

1. why did you sign up for the jtwg?
2. what do you really think about shit-posting?
3. do you think someone's meta matters?
Good morning. I just woke up and the first thing I saw was choof saying I needed to answer these. ayy lmao

1) For pretty much the same reason as Lurker; and also to redefine how I play the game as a whole and what do do/learn as opposed to nonstop shitposting and taking things way too seriously.

2) I mean, aside from shitposting, Day One is actually very boring without either these questions like you posted or the general shitposting from everyone. Please keep in mind that charu hasn't stopped shitposting by the way. I'm looking forward to EoD because that's where we can really get the game rolling.

3) I think someone else's meta definitely matters. I mean, I have a basic meta of "Shitpost Day One, Day Two bring out some hard reads list, and be very involved with town discussion instead of lurking. The reason I'm not talking about my wolf meta is because I was only a wolf once and I would absolutely hate to be one again because it isn't fun to me.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2015, 07:57 AM   #151
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

So we are 12 hours in and I have maybe 1 read I would say I am confident in :/ If you guys want to shitpost at least make it worth my while

The one read I am kind of confident in is riotpolice so I'm gonna go ahead and vote on him. I think the way he decided to become serious about the game so quickly is weird for him. I actually read his calling out choof for the claim pretty null but him staying out of shitposting instead of trying to meld back in seemed like hew as trying too hard.

I am going to give a slight town read to both choof and charu but those are very tentative. I like choof for playing similar to how he played last game which I initially was reading as null because as mafia he would want to mimic that game but him bringing up anecdotal fallacies is not something I think he would do if he was trying to mimic his last game.
Charu I like because this is very similar to his live game in that most of what he says is lighthearted and meaning less (also we are mason partners)

I think I will also throw a bit of pressure onto Gradient because I think his initial couple posts seemed pretty awkward. The posts were sort of like lurker last game but it came at a weird time and his recent posts aren't nearly as aggressive. I would like to know how much you have played before by the way
tiloco217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2015, 08:02 AM   #152
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm kind of bored so I am going to go ahead and answer choof's questions (although I think they are pretty dumb and don't matter :P)

1) I was reading through the last twg game and was annoyed that I couldn't yell at you guys for the dumb things you were doing so I decided to play again.

2) I don't enjoy it but it is the best way to start the game and most of the time you can get pretty decent town reads from it. Even in the last game when YoshL tried to make shitposting stop right away I still got a town read on James May and Redblaster from it

3) I think meta matters less here then it does on DM. It is way harder to mimic play when you have to actually talk face to face so meta is everything there. Here you can think out your posts and your body language and tone of voice don't matter at all so meta isn't as reliable.
Old 04-7-2015, 08:03 AM   #153
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'm kind of bored so I am going to go ahead and answer choof's questions (although I think they are pretty dumb and don't matter :P)

1) I was reading through the last twg game and was annoyed that I couldn't yell at you guys for the dumb things you were doing so I decided to play again.

2) I don't enjoy it but it is the best way to start the game and most of the time you can get pretty decent town reads from it. Even in the last game when YoshL tried to make shitposting stop right away I still got a town read on James May and Redblaster from it

3) I think meta matters less here then it does on DM. It is way harder to mimic play when you have to actually talk face to face so meta is everything there. Here you can think out your posts and your body language and tone of voice don't matter at all so meta isn't as reliable.
Old 04-7-2015, 08:04 AM   #154
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Nice that double post makes it look like I gave way more content then I really did :P
Old 04-7-2015, 08:09 AM   #155
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Speaking of voting!

unvote

I forget who I was on so rip

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-7-2015, 09:01 AM   #156
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

good morning

it's goddamned cold here in Peterborough, chilly morning.

gonna reread the thread and try to at least make a dedicated vote. I don't want to vote off of a meme unless that's really the only option I have here.

- Tosh 2014

Old 04-7-2015, 10:14 AM   #157
gold stinger

Ok. So. Looked over the thread, I see a lot of different play styles, a couple play styles that are the same, it appears there is some confidence in voting riotpolice, just not sure if that's the right decision. He's obviously very interested in staying in this game for right now, so it shows that he must be playing an important role other than townie, but whether that's a blue or a wolf, I'm not entirely sure.

If he can't make a hard claim for a blue role without setting someone else off, then I will know that he's a wolf. But then again, that would mean that whatever hard claim he makes for said role, it's going to open wide the person that actually has said role. Based on that deduction, I can conclude that riotpolice does not have a blue role. unvoteing, and going on riotpolice.

the edit was separating the giant block of text, making it easier to read.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 04-7-2015 at 10:15 AM..
Old 04-7-2015, 10:22 AM   #158
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

In the future never edit at all even to fix things and you don't have to unvote before revoting

Also I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that riotpolice was not a role through that. What is your opinion on the other people that are pushing on riotpolice?
Old 04-7-2015, 10:22 AM   #159
tiloco217
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

In the future never edit at all even to fix things and you don't have to unvote before revoting

Also I am not sure how you came to the conclusion that riotpolice was not a role through that. What is your opinion on the other people that are pushing on riotpolice?
Old 04-7-2015, 10:29 AM   #160
gold stinger

A bit extra in-case it wasn't clear in the final reasoning I had if it's needed.

If he has or had a claim for a blue role, he hasn't made the claim known in the time before making my post, which carries suspicion. It could be that he still wants to stay in this game for as long as possible, but for what? He turned the other way when challenged, clearly showing that he's hiding something and that is why he wants to stay in-game. At this point, if he's Townie, he's doing a really bad job of it.

If he makes a hard claim for a blue role now, it's going to put another in danger if he doesn't have a blue role. Evidently this would be very bad to do for a wolf right now, because it can be easily pointed out that he's lying, and he would have done it earlier with the obviousness that he is in-fact hiding a role. The fact that it would put him in greater danger to say he has a blue role he doesn't have rather than keep it away from the public, is what keeps him from sharing that knowledge.

- Tosh 2014