Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #13481
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

Tiger/Suuushi apparently got hacked.

Someone hacked Suuuushi and suicided, losing him tons of EXP and he lost millions (maybe a billion+) in equips, including a 15 ATK WG ....

Dunno what they did to Tiger.

Suuushi is apparently quitting MS and going to WoW now.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #13482
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Yes, but what is the Nexon exploit or whatever it's called?
Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 PM   #13483
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The Nexon Exploit.

I haven't been around hacking forums recently, I dunno. But saying the name of it probably wouldn't be a good idea anyway since people will probably google it and maybe even get results that work.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:42 PM   #13484
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

There have been exploits in the past that allow people who know what to do to get into people's accounts via the Maplestory website. Usually when people say they got "hacked" and lost items it's because they're dumb and let their account info get out, but it looks like another way to get into accounts without knowing anything has come out, meaning people are going to target high leveled/famous people and jack into their accounts, mess things up, and laugh about it.

=\

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #13485
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, pretty much.

You'd think Nexon would've changed how it works instead of just changing the format.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:11 PM   #13486
g4z33b0
Banned

Send a message via AIM to g4z33b0

Tosh - you spent 10 hours on Bubblings and only got a Lama? I spent 5 hours on boars and around 4 on Bubblings and got nothing but a level 70 Maple Hat.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #13487
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, g4z.

AND I'D SURE AS HELL RATHER HAVE A LV70 MAPLE HAT THAN A DUMB LAMA. It was the lowest possible in both weapon AND magic attack, too, but I managed to grab 3mil for it, even though it was the crappiest one possible.

I really need to find a level 70 Maple Hat during this event. If I don't, I'll have to wait until like level 100 something to get something decent. I guess a blue bandana would be okay until then, but I want a dang Maple Hat. If for nothing else, because it's a symbol that I got one.

Last edited by ToshX; 05-13-2007 at 10:19 PM..
Old 05-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #13488
g4z33b0
Banned

Send a message via AIM to g4z33b0

Damn! I wish lowest below avg Lamas were still 3mil. I bet the buyer feels like trash now that they are selling so cheap. I hunted 2 red presents and bought 6 and got nothing but cake and a white bandanna. Thankfully I bought a yellow for 20k at Hunting Grounds, but still, my luck is horrible this event.

The character with the lvl 70 hat is only level 33, so I won't be wearing it for a very long time.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 AM   #13489
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah, but at least you have one.

I'm really, really worried about Kadynce now that the exploit is out :/ She's a level 131 fire wizard, as well as the host of a popular radio show and I think she Zakums kinda often.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:00 AM   #13490
Afrombean
FFR Player

Hey. Sorry, I missed the wedding. It was like 1 hour before it and I hadn't gotten to sleep yet and I ended up sleeping right through it. I wish I could have been there. Man... I really need to do something about my sleeping. I've only been getting like 3 hours of sleep for the past week or so. Damn work... I think my problem is that my sleeping schedule tries to align itself to a 30-35 hour cycle. This means that if I need to get sleep aligned to a 24 hour schedule, I end up getting way too little sleep. Then, after the 8 hours of work are done, I can't even reset it with more sleep because I have such a hard time getting to sleep, even if I had only gotten 10 hours of sleep total in the past 3 days.

Quote:
I'm really, really worried about Kadynce now that the exploit is out :/ She's a level 131 fire wizard, as well as the host of a popular radio show and I think she Zakums kinda often.
Who cares? Three of us here have been targeted in the past.. If **** really hits the fan, I think that most of us would care more about 3 people from FFR than one person that most of the forum goers don't even know.

By the way, no offense to kandynce is meant by this. I'm just trying to point out that we care more about our own than we do about others. Wow... that sounded kinda selfish, but I don't know how else to say it... I know that I care 1000% more for someone I know from FFR that also plays MS than I do for someone who is just on MS.

As for the exploit, it's probably the same as before where they need your birthday and login ID. People were spazzing out about IGN only, but there is no way in hell that would work, unless they could get into the database of CHARACTERS and search for certain characters then get the login ID FROM THAT. It's login ID they really need, and it's not surprising to hear that many higher level people have login IDs that are known by more people than themself alone.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:13 AM   #13491
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

The real Suuushi left a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:16 AM   #13492
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

That's the thing, I can't get along with people from FFR in many places, especially MS.

Also, I just like MS people a lot in general. At least my friends. There are a lot of idiots in public, though, which is kinda discouraging.

@Afro the only exploit I've heard of is one that has been particularly active in the past half year or so where they ONLY need your character name. But they didn't take out many people, and the only ones who did it were in an elitist-like group where they just had characters listed which they were planning to get rid of.

Maybe one of them really was accessing the database, no matter how illegal it is? Oh well.

As for Kadynce, I'm pretty sure she's 24.

What the hell does that mean? Well that means Banditcom knows her.

Sorry, I just had to say that. I really mean no offense :/

Last edited by ToshX; 05-14-2007 at 01:31 AM..
Old 05-14-2007, 02:01 AM   #13493
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yeah, people are saying the exploit only requires your account username and the exploit'll provide the password/pin.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:27 AM   #13494
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xception704 View Post
Yeah, people are saying the exploit only requires your account username and the exploit'll provide the password/pin.
No site exploit could reveal the PIN since it's not related to logging into the website or anything. People who had their PINs changed because they gave away their info couldn't even get their pins back a lot of the time. I believe one of Jason's brother was in a similar situation for a while there. Password recovery can happen through automated emails, but the PINs can't.

However, there are only 10000 different numbers it could be, so all they'd need is to unrandomize the PIN window and a simple bot to run through every number til they get the one that works.

And again, I don't believe for one minute that they could get your login ID and password from just knowing a character's name. What is far more likely is that it is the same exploit as before where they need the login ID and birthday, or suuushi just let someone untrustworthy onto the account and didn't want anyone to know what really happened (or simply believes himself that it really is exploited when in reality it could be any number of people who have played the account in the past).

Seriously, if all they needed was a character name, they'd have knocked out everyone out of the top 10. So far I've only heard of suuushi having been affected. He's not even number 1. Why would they go after suuushi specificall and first instead of tiger, especially if they only need a character name?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:34 AM   #13495
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

It's not publicly known.

It's more of a "hate group" that picks out specific people for reasons.

I don't know ANYTHING about the exploit in terms of what happened to Suuushi and Tiger, though.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:42 AM   #13496
Afrombean
FFR Player

Attention everyone:

Suuushi is the only one who was hit. Isolated incident. Logic says that this is not a full-on exploit unless more than one person is affected by it. Also, it sounds like it was motivated by revenge, which means that most players should be 100% safe from being attacked.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #13497
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I play it safer than sorry right now...

Virgo (14x DK in Scania) was hit a little before Suuushi was.

Yeah I know Jen (Kadynce). Had a fallout recently with her though.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #13498
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Banditcom, please tell me it isn't related to Cyndi :/
Old 05-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #13499
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
Banditcom, please tell me it isn't related to Cyndi :/
Umm she didn't get it.

I couldn't say crap about her ****ty friends, so I told her not to say crap about mine. I respected her wishes and would stop it. She wouldn't do the same for me. She stated the reasons for trashing Cyndi, in which I replied she was being hypocritical. Which she was. Hell, me saying this wasn't even to get at her. I didn't want her to go around calling someone else a "maple slut" when in fact there were numerous people viewing her in the same way. Sure their situations weren't the same and both did different things, but the whole "maple slut" thing could be applied back at her. I did because she completely disrespected my wishes; wishes she wanted me to do, and did.

I didn't give a **** what her reason was for trashing her. I wouldn't tolerate it on my buddy list just like she wouldn't tolerate me trashing her friends on her buddy list. Only difference is I would ****ing stop, not say "no I'm bashing her for this and this reason". She was hypocritical in wanting me to do something in which she can't do herself for me, as well as seeing she had valid reasons to trash Cyndi, when some of those reasons are the same/similar to reasons people trash her.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #13500
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I just decided to be friends with both of them and let them do their thing. You have to remember that people get into arguments sometimes.

I'm kinda siding with Cyndi a bit here, but not too much.
Closed Thread