Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #61
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Eden Eternal

Leveling has really slowed down at around 36. There starts to not be enough quests to level you to get to the next zone.

Edit: I set up my xbox controller so I can play on my big screen while sitting back on the couch.

I know you'd assume that there's just way to many buttons in an MMO, but I solved that problem by having left and right triggers be alt and ctrl modifiers for my other keys. Left and right break are mouse buttons and the right analog stick controls the mouse.

Last edited by Izzy; 06-20-2011 at 01:23 AM..
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #62
SithCait22
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SithCait22

I've been playing on Aquamarine.

My PC is crap, 10fps max.

ign is Bounty

28~or so.
Warrior as of now.
SithCait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #63
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Posted a list of player names and servers on the first post. It's not quite finished yet, but let me know if I made any mistakes.

I'm 27/25 hunter now, also 18 in both bard and magician classes. Going for 30 char level tonight. I probably would have made it last night but I got killed a couple of times so I started getting angry and making stupid mistakes which got me killed more, so I finally gave up shortly after hitting 27 at about 1am last night.

Last edited by Crashfan3; 06-20-2011 at 04:38 PM..
Crashfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #64
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Leveling is SOOO SLOOW omg
Old 06-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #65
Izzy
Snek

Character: 40
Thief: 35
Hunter: 38
Engineer: 27
Martial Artist: 22

I'm currently working on getting fame for my guild so we can get a town as well as leveling martial artist. My ultimate goal is to get ranger once martial artist and hunter are at 60.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #66
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra

wtf too much time izzy
Old 06-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #67
IAAW
FFR Player

I decided that I'm going to give Eden Eternal a more honest shot than last time, when I basically went and recovered my account (WAS LONG TIME AGO I used this account), and basically gave Eden Eternal the "5 seconds =/= omgthisgamesux" treatment, though I didn't uninstall quite yet. However, before I really get into Eden Eternal, I would prefer it if I got some actual pointers from somewhere that wasn't the official website, since learning from experience is better than anything else overall.

My current plans class-wise is to just stick as a Warrior and as a Mage, mainly so I can advance both classes to being a tank and a cleric respectively. On the flipside, though, I would like to know recommended builds and whatnot, and it'd also be nice if I could learn a bit more about how combat works in Eden Eternal and whatnot. In other words, I require a bar exam on how Eden Eternal works. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: After giving Eden Eternal an actual chance, I have to admit I'm enjoying the game so far. I'm still lost as hell though and could use some pointers, and in all honesty after getting the Cleric class I have not been touching any other class. :P

Last edited by IAAW; 06-20-2011 at 11:16 PM..
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #68
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Coolboyrulez0 - CBR - Aquamarine

and friend

Poleaxe - Silious - Aquamarine

both 10 right now -- add us
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #69
IAAW
FFR Player

I've been playing for a while, been enjoying the Cleric class, though I've been trying to tank with it and it hasn't worked out all that well for me so far. However, I'm finding Life Cure to be extremely useful in keeping my health up as much as possible while in a major fight. After some research, I'm also considering switching over to the Shaman class once I reach a Character Level of 40 and a Cleric Level of 45. A bit of a steep requirement but it isn't impossible, and since I'm maining a Cleric it'll be a class I'll come across once I reach the requirements for the Shaman class.

BTW my IGN is Truthless and I'm on the Garnet server for anyone who's interested.

EDIT: I've taken an interest in the Warlock class, but I don't know if I'm going to have the patience to get my Character Level to 55 AND get my Magician to Level 50 AND get my Cleric to Level 40 AND get my Shaman to Level 50. Though, considering the Warlock is seemingly an unimplemented class (c.level cap is 50, isn't it?), I'll likely have plenty of time. But, I will not lie, that's A LOT of leveling I'll have to do just to have access to the Warlock class, and that's not including the extra five Character Levels I'd have to put in assuming that the current c.level cap is 50. (The warlock class is referenced here in this thread, which also contains info for all the classes in Eden Eternal.)

Last edited by IAAW; 06-21-2011 at 09:31 PM..
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #70
Izzy
Snek

Up to 45 character and 42 hunter. I left my crappy guild and joined the best guild on emerald.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #71
IAAW
FFR Player

I'm currently floating around at a Character Level of 28 and a Cleric Level of 25-ish. Still working towards Character Level 45 and Cleric Level 40 for the Shaman Class, and I'm also going to work towards capping off my Shaman and Magician at Level 50 for the Warlock class when it is released (though I'll need to gain five more Character Levels on top of it). I'll probably also get my Cleric to Level 50 and my Knight to Level 50, and get the other five levels once the Character Level cap is increased so that I can try out the Templar class. (Which requires your Warrior to be Level 25, your Knight to be Level 55, and your Cleric to be Level 55.)

Though, at this point my main interests are in the Shaman class.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #72
Izzy
Snek

I don't really understand why the character level requirement for ranger is 65. I thought the cap was only going to be increased to 60 so how am I ever supposed to get character lvl 65. At any rate I'll have martial artist and hunter capped in anticipation of the ranger class.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #73
FFRGreen
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to FFRGreen Send a message via Skype™ to FFRGreen

Hmm I should start playing again.
FFRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #74
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra

I've stopped playing. Leveling is too slow and the time commitment after level 20 is too much. I'm done.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #75
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
I've stopped playing. Leveling is too slow and the time commitment after level 20 is too much. I'm done.
Yeah, I gotta admit, the leveling is slow. Then again, the level cap right now is only 50, so in a way once you reach a Character Level of 25 you're already halfway to the level cap. But, I do agree that the EXP rates could be higher, and I'm starting to find it highly annoying that my Character Level is leveling faster than my Class Level, and that there seems to be no quests that will actually award Class EXP along with Character EXP. Eh, guess that's just for balancing or something else. Grinding sucks though, especially when you're playing as a Cleric, and very especially when you're so stubborn of a mule you won't party with anyone, even for dungeons. (Which results in various dungeon quests not being done, even within 1-Player versions of said dungeons because even then it's too overwhelming, especially for a Cleric.)

I'm getting tired of the grinding myself, but I have enough patience to actually work toward the classes I want to actually play as. Getting the requirements for the Warlock and Templar classes is going to be an utter bitch to actually fulfill, but it's something to work for. (Although this means I'll have to have a Level 25 Warrior, Level 55 Knight, Level 55 Cleric, Level 50 Shaman, and Level 50 Magician to actually gain access to the Warlock and Templar classes, and this doesn't include the fact that the current Character Level cap is 50, thus barring me from these classes at this moment in time.)

EDIT: Speaking of leveling, currently 31/27 with my Cleric. I'm... getting there, though I'm predicting that I'll have the Level 45 Character Level requirement before the Level 40 Cleric requirement for the Shaman class, but then again at that point I'll probably just grind the Class EXP so at any rate it probably won't matter too much.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #76
Izzy
Snek

yawn, almost level 47.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #77
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

yawn, almost level 44. Oh, btw I got lvl39-43 with the same 2 quests over and over. Gotta love grinding. (I'm out of main quests/books/dungeons)
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #78
poleaxe
FFR Player

I only have one HUGE problem with this game... the dancing sucks ass!

Other than that it's been fun and I'm almost level 25.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #79
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poleaxe View Post
I only have one HUGE problem with this game... the dancing sucks ass!

Other than that it's been fun and I'm almost level 25.
hehe

leveling is NOT hard btw, we are casually on our way to 30.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #80
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
hehe

leveling is NOT hard btw, we are casually on our way to 30.
Yeah, not too hard but it's still very challenging (and grindy). I still have tons of party quests that I'm too stubborn to actually do because I'm a soloist at heart. (I SERIOUSLY think that mobs and bosses in solo dungeons (through the Soul Guardian) should be reduced to regular mobs and bosses. You SERIOUSLY cannot take on two bosses at once, especially at the solo dungeons' bosses current strength. The mobs are annoying as well.)

Sitting at Character Level 33ish and slowly making my way up to Character Level 45. Once I meet that level and the Class Level of 40 on my Cleric, I'll be making the move to Shaman. I've been thinking of the build I'm gonna be using, and I think I'm gonna have a heavy concentration on DPS rather than healing/support. More specifically I'm going to make the trade-off of leveling my Wrath Totem instead of my Grace Totem, and having a more heavier concentration on DPS-dealing skills rather than support and healing skills.

Once my Shaman is capped at Level 50 I'll do the same on my Magician so that I can go ahead and have the prerequisite Class Level requirements for the Warlock class.