Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #761
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007
Default Re: World of Warcraft

I have several tactics that work well when dealing with rogues in battlegrounds. If you know how to use your spells and trinkets (and you aren't retarded), they usually aren't a problem.

People find it quite funny when they see an undead rogue try to gank a holy priest, but the priest turns around and kicks his ass.
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #762
Not_Popular
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Not_Popular

True. Disc-Shadow Priests own at times. Depending on the spec choices. And bg's are so filled with DK's, Warriors, and Paladins.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #763
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

What sucks for rogues is they've still not *fixed* stealth.

Hunter's pets shouldnt be able to find you.

Same with being able to target them while they're stealthed halfway across the field.

But still, most rogues I know can dismantle any class, but they whine about not being able to because they don't get help while everyone else usually does it in a group of 2 or more.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Solid Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #764
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Popular View Post
Use trinkets, racial abilities, class abilities, everything. Me being a hunter, rogues have an impossibly hard time taking me down.
Don't have any, don't have any, don't have any, don't have anything.

Oops. Tauren shaman don't have anything.

I can war stomp, but I can't use it unless I know you're there. I wouldn't know you're there until you start hitting me, and I can't use it when stunned. So basically, I die.

Also as a ranged class I wouldn't want you to be near me in the first place so war stomp really doesn't benefit me much at all.

But I really don't care for pvp at all and have only entered battlegrounds for the sake of holiday achievements. I'm going to dread the children's week achievements, being the worst class for pvp and all. I chose a support class because I knew I wouldn't like pvp and wanted to be a beneficial class rather than just another DPS. Doesn't hurt that we're the only class that can self-rez and that we have the best buff in the game.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #765
Not_Popular
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Not_Popular

Well. There is always PVP trinkets you can get. And whomever you're PVPing with should be helping you out anyways.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #766
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Squeek are you resto?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #767
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Elemental.

Dual-speccing Resto but I don't expect to be healing raids any time soon. I'm going resto for situations when we can't find another healer or just don't want to pug one. I already have a full epic set for Resto, though none of it is tier gear.

I've been doing dailies every day since I hit 80 (at first for epic flying but now because I'm retarded and can't think of anything better to do) even though I skip the annoying ones.

Up to 13,000g.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-25-2009 at 05:22 PM..
Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #768
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Well during children's week Dual Spec will be out so I strongly suggest you pvp resto. Elemental shamans have TERRIBLE survivability, but healing in BG's is so much fun
Old 03-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #769
Sullyman2007
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sullyman2007

Might want to consider putting some of that gold toward actually buying the Dual-Spec capability.

going to cost 1000g just fyi
Sullyman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #770
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Give me your money, squeek.

Quote:
You shouldn't talk down to people you don't know anything about, acting like you know more and then try to show them up in the forum. That's how you get absolutely no where.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #771
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 View Post
Might want to consider putting some of that gold toward actually buying the Dual-Spec capability.

going to cost 1000g just fyi
obviously what i was starting to save for in the first place. the problem with me in mmos is that i'm never satisfied with having money so i always stay stingy and never stop earning money.

So yeah I don't even take flight points in Northrend. An example is the flight to Coldarra from Dalaran that costs like 2g. I'd rather portal to Org and fly to Borean and then fly up to Coldarra (can't fly straight there because of Wintergrasp). Free, and sometimes faster than the flight point.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #772
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110

I logged on for the first time in about four months tonight and was attacked by about 10 people asking me where I've been... So I figured I'd lie and say I was held up and shot in the leg, hence my abrupt leave. The sad thing is that everyone I told it to believed me.

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #773
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

If you have your epic flier you don't need to take any FP's. Unless of course you just want to go afk while on the bird.

We had to do Naxx on a random night, so we did 2 wings. 7k dps on Thadius, first time I've broken 7k dps on a fight that wasn't just a huge AoE trash pull.

Still no upgrades for me, I need a belt, head, chest, boots, and trinkets for my Epic achievement.

Kinda funny how I'm the 15th best geared person in the guild, yet top dps or 2nd on dps almost every fight
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #774
Solid Dreams
FFR Player

Thaddius doesn't count, you get a huge dps spike from his stuff.

Quote:
Old 03-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #775
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Yeah, i was at 8.5k DPS on him and my gear sucks rofl.

Last edited by WTFBrandon; 03-26-2009 at 12:35 AM..
WTFBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #776
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Doesn't hurt that we're the only class that can self-rez and that we have the best buff in the game.
As can Warlocks, and allow anybody else to self rez. I also agree with rouges being super OP in PvP. I know as a Warlock I'm one to talk but I walk into a 2v2 Skirmish, nobodies there so I'm like "Oh **** there are two rouges". All of a sudden I'm stunned, I pop my trinket, he stuns me again, I pop my racial. At this point the other rouge does the same thing and the thing is by that time anyway I'm already at 25% health and now stunlocked. What the hell am I suppose to do? This Disp priest can't heal me out of it as it's all in like 3-5 seconds and what's she going to do 2vs1?
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #777
Sir Psycho
FFR Player

Rogues are supposed to have a little bit of an edge in PvP as they are the main PvPing class.

Blizz has said this multiple times on multiple occasions that rogues have been and will always be one of the top PvPing classes in the game.
Sir Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #778
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

See?

Sheesh. That took too long to get out there.

Certain classes are temporarily overpowered in pvp (like DKs) but rogues have always been on top. That's just the way they were designed.

The top arena tournament teams are almost all DK/Paladin/Warlock right now, though.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #779
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

DK's really aren't that hard to kill 1v1, but if you get a DK paired up with a pally healer and they both are really good then you're ****ed.

DK's are kinda OP to everybody right now because they are a new class and each patch has involved major tweaks to them, especially the upcoming 3.1.0.

In my opinion one of the best PvP classes is a mage. If you get a good mage he can solo pretty much anything. Hell look at the arena 3v3 finals when that mage from HON 2v1'd the other team. As a mage the only class I truly have trouble beating are feral druids, because they hit SO hard and have dots that tick for ridiculous ammounts
Old 03-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #780
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I like how feral druids do as much damage as rogues, but they can instantly be a tank and heal themselves.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote