Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-9-2014, 08:13 PM   #661
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CVII: Where da Wolves at? (C9++ setup)

Silvuh, there are 2 wolves remaining. who do you think they are?
Old 02-9-2014, 08:15 PM   #662
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

...again why would you have something to add to your "Things not to do as a wolf list" if you're human this game... idgi....
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-9-2014, 09:00 PM   #663
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

while we're waiting, cedo and soramimi, anything to share?
Old 02-9-2014, 09:03 PM   #664
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Wow... um... hi jayde. Before checking back here, I was really ready to push for psychoangel being the SK. I guess with that exchange, my idea of psycho/jayde being SK are pretty well out the window.

While I understand that having a SK can be "beneficial" to the town since they could target wolves, I'm still not so sure I'd want to risk that. The odds are more in our favour since we've already gotten rid of one wolf, but with the choice of looking for another wolf or SK, I'd like to keep looking for a SK. Yeah, it's true that there is still the chance there isn't even a SK in game, but it seems more likely than there being a vigi. I'm kind of stuck on this right now, I really don't know why.

But taking into account other possibilities, I know we shouldn't be pushing for reveals, but I think if we have a 1-shot doctor, it would be pretty helpful to know who they saved so we can at least have that extra bit of info.

And also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
Also, sora, you're the new Xiz to me (this is a compliment, but mostly an insult).
...I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret that. O.o
Old 02-9-2014, 09:07 PM   #665
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
...again why would you have something to add to your "Things not to do as a wolf list" if you're human this game... idgi....
For use with future games, of course.

But anyway, yeah, so the questions to emerald still stand and should be answered, but after reading through everything again, one name jumped out:

soramimi

In 393, Velo stated gut suspicion towards James but without any specific reasons. It didn't even register to me as being much of an attack and didn't mark it in my notes, thus my not mentioning it in my summary. So it strikes me as odd that he would be soramimi's James-attacking target (584). Possible wolf play, wanting to go after the easiest target. It's an easy push to make, seeing that Velo is also on the Bynary-defending list that dAnce (582) wants to lynch out of (and confirmed by sunfan and cedo soon following with votes, though they both moved to emerald after that).

jrodd mentions thesunfan and soramimi not making a push after defending Bynary (603), which dAnce disagreed with because they both ended up wanting me dead (605). The way I see it, soramimi (505) just piggybacked off of thesunfan (500). In fact, almost all she did at EOD1 was piggyback. In post 483, she repeats a question YoshL asked earlier.

The post in which she did vote for me was 457, and back then, all it was was "just gut feeling". But what I think the clincher here is is that she went after James for piggybacking (which was piggybacking off of psychoangel 450) but decided to take the other users' words for James' town behavior and go after me instead. James explains himself at 471, which soramimi seems to think makes him more human (473), yet psychoangel read the same message and thought it was enough reason to push further on James (474). This makes me think soramimi may have butted in to defend a wolf buddy to justify going after me instead.

... Aaand of course soramimi ninjas me. Really? You'd rather go after the possible SK than one of your fellow wolves? I guess I'm not surprised.
Old 02-9-2014, 09:19 PM   #666
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

I'm just gonna post this now. normally I wouldn't want to because it will affect reads, but there hasn't been enough content this phase. no one is here apparently. just need to get a good lynch.

I have Silvuh and emerald as wolves right now.

-----

#299 pings me as a "hi teammate, please do better" kind of vote. #317 is nebulous speculation from emerald which is indirectly about Silvuh and soramimi, but doesn't name any names. then in #320 Silvuh "turns up the heat" by doing... what, exactly? not much imo.

#455, James says to look at Bynary if Silvuh flips red day 1. hmmm.

#490 is where emerald checks in at the end of the phase, as promised. the votes for Bynary and Silvuh at that time were 3-3. after soft-defending Bynary the whole phase, emerald says he'll vote Bynary if that's necessary to have a lynch. note that he doesn't mention Silvuh once ever.

then everyone under the sun switched to Bynary in the final few minutes so throw the rest in the trash imo.

-----

I'm only gonna vote emerald or Silvuh this phase. I won't be posting much from this point.

be active please
Old 02-9-2014, 09:39 PM   #667
thesunfan
Role Tide

@Silvuh, what makes you think that this isn't just a new player with inexperience? I have her down as someone with a green lean atm. Her going after the SK over wolves just feels like a newbie mistake. Reason I referred to her "as my new Xiz" is because I felt like she and I were on the same page for most of the same stuff, or at least it felt that way. We were bothered by your list at pretty much the same time, and post #483 feels just like, yeah, I agree with Yoshl here. I guess what I'm getting at is, its pretty common for newer players just to piggyback or go with the flow. If it keeps up, I think its a problem, yeah, but I wouldn't argue for lynching her today. I think emerald is a better target for today.

@dAnce, its not like you to say "I'm only voting for X or Y this phase; this is nonnegotiable." Do you feel like you're tunneling a bit? I will admit, emerald has been rather thin in his votes/logic. Its a good part of why he's at the top of my list. And why aren't you posting much this phase from now on; are you busy?

In case you guys can't tell, I'm procrastinating hard on lit lol.
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 02-9-2014, 09:44 PM   #668
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

tunneling yes. basically I'm not gonna be able to move on until I see a flip, and I want to peer pressure humans into making it happen.

I'm busy (or should be) and have directed the flow of discussion more than I want to.
Old 02-9-2014, 10:04 PM   #669
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
@Silvuh, what makes you think that this isn't just a new player with inexperience? I have her down as someone with a green lean atm. Her going after the SK over wolves just feels like a newbie mistake. Reason I referred to her "as my new Xiz" is because I felt like she and I were on the same page for most of the same stuff, or at least it felt that way. We were bothered by your list at pretty much the same time, and post #483 feels just like, yeah, I agree with Yoshl here. I guess what I'm getting at is, its pretty common for newer players just to piggyback or go with the flow. If it keeps up, I think its a problem, yeah, but I wouldn't argue for lynching her today. I think emerald is a better target for today..
That's fair, and I thought about that, but I was really hoping to get a reaction out of her before someone played the newbie card for her.

About 299 and 320:

I can see 299 being interpreted that way, and I really can't defend against that accusation, because, yeah, I did want him to do better. But I don't have to be on his wolf team to want him to give more original input, because any human would want another human to post more.

I didn't like that jrodd gave emerald a thin town lean (261) for a post that I thought was an effortless "Look at all these pro-town things I have to say" post. Almost all his posts by that time seemed like that to me (201, 208, 211, 238, or, you know, just do a thread search for his posts.)

Then, 308 really rubbed me the wrong way, because he hadn't said anything useful (though the jrodd vote was intersting), and that was pretty much everything he had to say? Of course I'd want to turn the heat up, but my vote was already on him. I suppose I should have just listed off all his posts I didn't like, but because he hadn't given anything more to make a case off of since my 299 post, what I said there still stood. So I asked some questions and hoped people would help me make the push.

But yeah, pushing on emerald today will produce more information than it would have yesterday, but until they speak up, my highest suspicion still falls on soramimi.
Old 02-9-2014, 10:13 PM   #670
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Aaaand go me.
@Silvuh, I didn’t even think of how wolfy that sounded until you pointed it out. I know my SK chasing seems odd, but I get pretty one-track about things when I take an interest in them, and currently it’s figuring out what roles exist in this game/what happened with last night’s kill. I made a post earlier about the situation that I thought was possible, (#584) so I’m still focused on that. Maybe I shouldn’t be looking into it so much this early in, and a few others have said that it would be better to leave it for now. Since it’s making me look anti-town, I’ll try not to focus on it so much. Anyway, my going after Velocity today was tied in to this theory and wanting to hear more from him.

With regards to my votes from D1, yes, they were mostly just “gut feelings” or following along with other ideas. I didn’t have much to go from, so whenever someone mentioned something that struck me as a good idea or a possible read, I wasn’t opposed to going with it. My votes were mostly placed on people that I saw as being UTR: I’d see them in thread for lengthy periods of time, but no posts made, or when they did post, very little was said. I wanted to throw a bit more pressure their way, (especially for emerald, Velocity and yourself,) to get more posts out, because I had nothing to go off of.

James was another person who stood out by not saying much, and with how psychoangel was going after him, I started thinking she might be on to something. Everyone said “this is just how he plays day 1,” while I didn’t want to go on past games, it didn’t seem like there was going to be any support for that lynch, so I figured I’d leave it be. When I said that he seemed more human to me, it was because he was finally saying more than just a few words and actually trying to drive a point. It felt like he was stepping up from UTR and contributing, which was what I wanted.

I don’t want to play the “lol hi im a newb” card, but I’m still trying to get into the mindset for this game. I’ll do my best to step it up.

Unvoting for now. I'm going to review a bit more before I come up with a decision.
Old 02-9-2014, 11:00 PM   #671
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

SK isn't 100% confirmed by the way guys, keep flexibility in your reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 02-9-2014, 11:39 PM   #672
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't know about you guys but I want more of emerald's views on his suspicions before unleashing the hounds. I tend to be iffy about his case especially since he is glaringly representing the lone electron of the group. His mindset might be against current right now (dance, jrodd and thesunfan as priority votes are interesting choices), but that's a lot of fuss to be making for what an anti-town can allow themselves to make, at least imo. He's giving me the "I couldn't bother less" vibe, and I think this fits somewhat well with his voting pattern. The idea is figuring out how much he cares in this game.
So I don't know, the only thing I want for him is to be active more and actually making interactions (same with Velo).

SK hunt is unnecessary banter for now, I'd feel the same about UTR players if there were only limited to one or two per game, and while it's not so bad right now it might get pertinent later. I reallllly do want to lynch them by next day phase though.

I'll get sleep, argument with myself some more re-read with some hindsight of N1's results.
Old 02-9-2014, 11:40 PM   #673
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

MeaCulpa

And don't make this thread 100+ pages long please.
Old 02-9-2014, 11:53 PM   #674
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
His mindset might be against current right now (dance, jrodd and thesunfan as priority votes are interesting choices)
Interesting as in somewhat daring votes, not in the sense of preposterous. Felt like I needed to reiterate given that it's the center piece of my stance.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 AM   #675
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

town points for jayde, first person to defend emerald.

the rest of you get nothing. NOTHING
Old 02-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #676
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa

^ not sure how to interpret this

Interesting points, dAnce. Still sticking by my neutral read on emerald, though. Not sure if his air of indifference is because he's been busy lately or it was done on purpose. Either way, awaiting his posts today and to see how his day 1 suspicion list changed (if it has), and why (don't just throw names out again!).

Gonna be in seminars most of the day today, so if there's wi-fi in the building I'll be able to post more I hope.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #677
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

bump. if anyone is online, start posting. now's your chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
^ not sure how to interpret this
i'm making a pretty hard push to lynch emerald. most people seem to have me as human right now, and i've been one of the most vocal players this phase. jayde was the first person to logically refute any of the points i made. i don't think an anti-town wants to be the first one to express disagreement with me.

so jayde gets town points and u don't. be jealous.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #678
thesunfan
Role Tide

speaking of posting lists, I propose EVERYONE do this, and give a semi-decent reasoning for your reads. I'll be doing it when I get back from Lit.
On another note, 8 hours left in the phase, and its not really clear who we're killing today. We still have time, but we need to make a decision.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #679
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ugh, thought it said wednesday for some reason. Hold it until one more hour and I'll be in this thread for, at least, the following five.

Also, http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showpost.php?p=4075344&postcount=632 makes me think cedo is back to creeping. If we can't get the responses we need from everyone I would suggest going with what we have on hand. Also look out for people scrambling the voting pool near eod, it doesn't make someone look good.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #680
thesunfan
Role Tide

if I'm adding correctly (unlikely), the votes are as follows:
Emerald & myself: 3 each
soramimi, mea & Yoshl: 1 each

This is a lot different than yesterday, where the votes were really spread out. I'm not quite sure if this is a good or bad thing. We need more people to get in here and post more. Velo has been skating by far too easily this phase, and cedo hasn't really done anything worthwhile today in my eyes, either. Step it up, people.
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread