Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > Turbo Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #41
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG Turbo IV Post-Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
It's funny if you read the game now knowing that because it's downright hilarious
I saved the page. After some time I plan to re read it.

I really feel like this was my best game but I came up short. It's easy to just claim that Charu also played his best and better luck next time, but I can't shake off the feeling that had I payed attention to Haku sooner while Charu still looked bad, or just still kept riding Charu's ass D3, or noticed that the "....bruh..." comment mirrored Turbo 3 and was his wolftell or anything else We would have won.

I'm still kind of don't believe Charu was a wolf just based on D3 play through.

I don't know what is real

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 09-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #42
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm real

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:04 PM   #43
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I feel like I could have invested my entire game trying to get Charu lynched and it would have never worked even knowing he's wolf 100%.

This win was staged against my will.

#ragequit

ps: I don't understand this "objectively speaking best lynch" mentality. I would just violently murder who's in control of the game if I'm having doubts.

It's not cool to do, but it's really the only way for me to lynch a player outplaying me. Otherwise, you're stuck self-destructing forever or chain-voting bad towns praying you're right.

I'm assuming the best players try to stay null to avoid falling down one way or the other.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 09-19-2016 at 07:30 PM..
Old 09-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #44
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
ps: I don't understand this "objectively speaking best lynch" mentality. I would just violently murder who's in control of the game if I'm having doubts.

It's not cool to do, but it's really the only way for me to lynch a player outplaying me. Otherwise, you're stuck self-destructing forever or chain-voting bad towns praying you're right.

I'm assuming the best players try to stay null to avoid falling down one way or the other.
What does this even mean? All of it, but specifically the bolded part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:42 PM   #45
Hakulyte
the Haku

I cannot picture weaker players not dying systematically every games the exact same way regardless of their alignment.

You can read players for their content.
You can read players for their intents.

I'm just saying that if the sum of the content + intents from one player is overall always superior to one of another player, that player will most likely nearly always win.

The only way to "normalize" this is to make players play a lot of games and create some data out of them so you have a better understanding of if you should let them live because of their play.

The problem is that in case of doubts, the logical answer is always going to be to lynch these players.

It's hard to make everyone question these votes and make them try something different out of a "gut feeling" by example.

Anyone who is good at playing around with content is going to have a much easier time than someone who's reading people well, but can't provide enough meat to make other players want to trust them.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I feel like it's restricting how we can play a lot because you would need a bunch of crazy players to agree to try something unreasonable when it's a lot easier to go for the "easy lynch".

tl;dr: I need to reevaluate how I play.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #46
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

or just stop complaining and get good

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #47
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
or just stop complaining and get good
My feels have been hurt, please apologize.

jk, you're right.

Enough whining for today. Good game.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #48
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
I cannot picture weaker players not dying systematically every games the exact same way regardless of their alignment.

I'm just saying that if the sum of the content + intents from one player is overall always superior to one of another player, that player will most likely nearly always win.

The only way to "normalize" this is to make players play a lot of games and create some data out of them so you have a better understanding of if you should let them live because of their play.

The problem is that in case of doubts, the logical answer is always going to be to lynch these players.

It's hard to make everyone question these votes and make them try something different out of a "gut feeling" by example.

Anyone who is good at playing around with content is going to have a much easier time than someone who's reading people well, but can't provide enough meat to make other players want to trust them.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I feel like it's restricting how we can play a lot because you would need a bunch of crazy players to agree to try something unreasonable when it's a lot easier to go for the "easy lynch".

I could probably write a lot in response to this, but the best advice I can give is to evaluate each player independently unless you have no choice but to do otherwise and don't make the mistake of killing someone just because they're not posting if you think there are better targets (barring something ridiculous)
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 PM   #49
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I saved the page. After some time I plan to re read it.
If I had to guess, I would assume that you would kick yourself for not being correct, and I don't think that's something you should do too much, but I fully encourage you to reread this game in order to realize your own mistakes.

Just, be aware that it is certainly not the case that you did everything wrong this game.

I think you had an excellent day 1 and day 2, for example.

On an unrelated note I'll be in Jacksonville the weekend of Nov 3rd for a friend's wedding, its unlikely but maybe I can swing by or meet somewhere and we can get lunch?

I'll have more figured out about it soon but is it something that could potentially happen?
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 09-19-2016, 08:53 PM   #50
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:

this post really makes me want to rant about the Halfway Theory (which is practiced on other sites, it used to be called the "Manti Rule" on FFR) and how much I like the fact that its not a thing on FFR
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 08:57 PM   #51
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Responses in bold:

Quote:
This doesn't happen, though, so your picture is already invalid. The reason for this is that town as a whole will generally try to vote people they think are being scummiest within the worlds still possible given the clues available at any given time. That's what a logical vote is, not just blindly lynching people who aren't providing "strong" content.

Quote:
True, which is why we're able to determine which players are scummy, and not just always lynch players providing weaker content.

Quote:
It's not always superior, so they don't always win. This is such an awfully fatalistic mindset, and I wholly disagree with it. Intent behind providing a lot of strong content can be derived and utilized to lynch a "strong" player D1.

Quote:
This "better understanding of the player" is referred to as their Meta, and is used, but should not necessarily be relied upon.

Quote:
By "these players", you refer to players you believe inherently "always" produce a lesser sum of content + intent. Problem with that is, these players don't exist. Cedolad survived til endgame in this turbo while providing very little content or justification. You got lynched before him, despite having provided more content. He was the "easy vote", and yet you were the more logical one because your scum-aligned intent was showing through.

Quote:
Almost every D0 lynch is based on gut. From there, the kills and lynches let you narrow down the possible worlds based on interactions and reactions. Whether you know it or not, that gut feeling is based on things the person has said and how you perceived them. Once you identify a gut feeling, you can usually figure out why you feel that way and build a case based on it, to be shared with the rest of the players. If you can't identify any rational reason why you want someone lynched, or even what posts seemed scummy to you, then you're most likely tunneling way too hard or are scum. Either way, re-evaluate and pick someone else.

Quote:
Even if it's just gut, a town player continuously making good reads and calling them out will eventually be proven right or wrong. There's so many factors that play into this, and trust can be built simply by being genuine. Read Funnygurl's town-game last game. She didn't provide much content, and basically shared her gut responses throughout the game. Yet, despite this, she was universally town-read and was several people's strongest town. This is because GENUINE INTENTS SHINE THROUGH

Quote:
The "logical" lynch isn't necessarily the "easy lynch". You're interchanging the two as if they're the same thing. We, as human beings, have an innate ability to read the people we interact with. If they're putting on an act, or if they're lying, or if they're just not being genuine, there's always going to be little clues. In mafia, it's a little simpler because we can see a progression of reactions and interactions that paint a picture of why people behave in the way that they do in any given world. A "logical lynch" incorporates feelings, reads, and reactions, as well as the content of the posts the person has made and the perceived intent behind them, and fits all of that within the mechanics of the worlds still available. If it fits and makes sense, it's logical. If it doesn't, then it isn't, despite any desire to vote that way because it'd be "easier".

Quote:
Yes. Don't be so fatalistic/pessimistic. Everyone plays differently and there's no right approach.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #52
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I could probably write a lot in response to this, but the best advice I can give is to evaluate each player independently unless you have no choice but to do otherwise and don't make the mistake of killing someone just because they're not posting if you think there are better targets (barring something ridiculous)
Quote:
this post really makes me want to rant about the Halfway Theory (which is practiced on other sites, it used to be called the "Manti Rule" on FFR) and how much I like the fact that its not a thing on FFR
Don't trip, fam. I ranted on both our behalf.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 08:59 PM   #53
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Sorry for excessive bolding. I was at first going to respond within your post, but then it became almost impossible to read, so I broke it up but forgot to remove the bold.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #54
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
I'm real
You're a real pain!

Jk you re cool.

Quote:
If I had to guess, I would assume that you would kick yourself for not being correct, and I don't think that's something you should do too much, but I fully encourage you to reread this game in order to realize your own mistakes.

Just, be aware that it is certainly not the case that you did everything wrong this game.

I think you had an excellent day 1 and day 2, for example.

On an unrelated note I'll be in Jacksonville the weekend of Nov 3rd for a friend's wedding, its unlikely but maybe I can swing by or meet somewhere and we can get lunch?

I'll have more figured out about it soon but is it something that could potentially happen?
Thanks.

And P'cola is a bit out of the way I would think, but if you make it out here I'll definitely make time to hang out. My ride situation is garbage tho so sadly I can't meet you over there (which sucks because I actually have alot of friends out there and would make regular trips if I could)

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 09-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #55
thesunfan
Role Tide

I agree with almost everything Shado said. I think hes missing just a little thing about gutreads. I think a lack of a logical reason is not always reason to abandon a gutread, but I would give the post something like a 98/100.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #56
thesunfan
Role Tide

Shame Lar, well get together sooner or later sometime
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 09:36 PM   #57
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
never heard of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 PM   #58
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

It already sounds gross, the half whatever thing, lmao

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 PM   #59
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
never heard of this
Lynch strong players for being strong players regardless of all else if theyre still alive after half of the players are dead
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2016, 09:44 PM   #60
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

EWWWWWW

That's so lame. I, too, am glad that's not a thing here. That's a horrible thing.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Closed Thread