FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: I don't want to live on this planet anymore

i assure you the police on mars are much much worse
Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #42
LJRoX
Banned

anyways i agree with the police in this video
i just want to let you know that the police were right to do their things here TEEEEHEE
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #43
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricoo View Post

I mean come on... YOU'RE SLOW MOTIONING AND POINTING OUT PEPPER SPRAY!? Its PEPPER SPRAY. Holy crap. PEPPER. SPRAY. Sure its a bitch but its not gruesome. God forbid a police action is unjustified that can be cured with a few hours and some water.
Obviously you've never been sprayed with pepper spray. You also don't know the strength of the pepper spray used by law enforcement... it's stronger than the ones held by civilians.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #44
Shikari
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Shikari Send a message via Skype™ to Shikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
usually because it's totally unrelated to the problem at hand.
Usually. The situation in hand is "Police violence". Well, welcome to pretty much every south american nation. I myself had to deal with it a couple of times, for example watching moral effect grenades exploding next to me because of "excessive noise" in a street. It's something so usual to me, including pepper spray usage, that I'm used to it.

I said "people haven't seen anything" because someone so "usual', yet ****ed up, as pepper spray and protest are so common to me that I don't give a **** anymore. France and England are recent examples of this shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Shikari for resident profile artist
Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #45
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikari View Post
Usually. The situation in hand is "Police violence". Well, welcome to pretty much every south american nation. I myself had to deal with it a couple of times, for example watching moral effect grenades exploding next to me because of "excessive noise" in a street. It's something so usual to me, including pepper spray usage, that I'm used to it.

I said "people haven't seen anything" because someone so "usual', yet ****ed up, as pepper spray and protest are so common to me that I don't give a **** anymore. France and England are recent examples of this shit.
I think the point here is that it's still an example of the police using excessive force where it was not necessary. The degree to how bad this is isn't as much as people make it out to be, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve any credit.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #46
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I spend a great deal of time working in both Times Square and on Wall Street.

I can tell you, right now, that most of these protestors are completely ignorant and retarded.

To make a forum analogy, it's like dealing with a bunch of uninformed trolltards. Eventually, policemen are going to slip up here and there out of frustration of dealing with so many retards, and a big deal gets made out of it. There's really no excuse for randomly macing someone or being overly aggressive in apprehending someone, but it's not as "peaceful" as people would have you think. A few of those guys are completely batshit and make the situation worse and create an environment of chaos.

A lot of these protestors are angry, but they're completely unaware of how shit actually works.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #47
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

@everyone siding with the police or saying it's not that bad:

Fact: Every person in that protest has freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and freedom of press. If a group of people are harmlessly marching around, vocally protesting something and heck, even getting it all on camera, they have the legal right to do so. The police were making unlawful arrests and turning an otherwise peaceful protest into a violent one. Also, I could give less than half a **** about what's happening in other countries because they might not have the same rights as we do in America. This is totally bullshit and totally illegal.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #48
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
I spend a great deal of time working in both Times Square and on Wall Street.

I can tell you, right now, that most of these protestors are completely ignorant and retarded.

To make a forum analogy, it's like dealing with a bunch of uninformed trolltards. Eventually, policemen are going to slip up here and there out of frustration of dealing with so many retards, and a big deal gets made out of it. There's really no excuse for randomly macing someone or being overly aggressive in apprehending someone, but it's not as "peaceful" as people would have you think. A few of those guys are completely batshit and make the situation worse and create an environment of chaos.

A lot of these protestors are angry, but they're completely unaware of how shit actually works.
I agree with this. I don't really know much about what they did, but I did read somewhere that it wasn't a completely innocent protest. However, that doesn't disregard the fact that they were unarmed. This news will probably blow over pretty quickly, I think.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #49
LJRoX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
@everyone siding with the police or saying it's not that bad:

Fact: Every person in that protest has freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and freedom of press. If a group of people are harmlessly marching around, vocally protesting something and heck, even getting it all on camera, they have the legal right to do so. The police were making unlawful arrests and turning an otherwise peaceful protest into a violent one. Also, I could give less than half a **** about what's happening in other countries because they might not have the same rights as we do in America. This is totally bullshit and totally illegal.
How is it illegal? I don't find this bullshit at all. The police here in this video were making rightful arrests, I don't find the people in this video pleasant. The police made the right choice about it. TEEHEHEHE

Last edited by LJRoX; 09-30-2011 at 08:59 PM..
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #50
UserNameGoesHere
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to UserNameGoesHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
And right here is the big issue. If the police are here to protect our safety, yet average citizens expect to get assaulted by the police from time to time then what is the point of the police?
Unfortunately it's as bad or worse without them. Because you'll always have people causing trouble. And without a "legit" police some other group would fill that void (mafia, etc...). You can't win either way.
UserNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #51
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJRoX View Post
How is it illegal? I don't find this bullshit at all. The police here in this video were making rightful arrests, I don't find the people in this video pleasant. The police made the right choice about it. TEEHEHEHE
The police are not here to arrest people you don't find pleasant. The police are here to arrest people that are breaking the law. These people were definitely being unpleasant, but were not breaking the law.

Cute white text.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #52
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I was expecting blood.
But yeah, that isnt really appropriate, although I would like more information on what was actually going on before the police arrived.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #53
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
I was expecting blood.
But yeah, that isnt really appropriate, although I would like more information on what was actually going on before the police arrived.
What's actually going on: Both sides are getting emotional. You have a lot of upset, angry citizens who think Wall Street is to blame for the crappy state of our economy (truth: it's not any one entity, but a huge combination of factors).

Most of the protestors are fine (although loud and ignorant), but some of them were blocking traffic and being retarded, so police had to barricade things off. As this continued, some protestors became really cranky, antagonistic, and aggressive, trying to incite shit with the police who were already on edge from countless hours of uncooperative shitcocks causing localized chaos.

A lot of these videos aren't showing you the sort of shit that's going on before these random acts of "police brutality." It's not just the police. They're just getting tired of dealing with shit and yes, they lost their cool. But holy crap, most of these protestors are being retarded. The protest isn't going to change anything.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #54
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
What's actually going on: Both sides are getting emotional. You have a lot of upset, angry citizens who think Wall Street is to blame for the crappy state of our economy (truth: it's not any one entity, but a huge combination of factors).

Most of the protestors are fine (although loud and ignorant), but some of them were blocking traffic and being retarded, so police had to barricade things off. As this continued, some protestors became really cranky, antagonistic, and aggressive, trying to incite shit with the police who were already on edge from countless hours of uncooperative shitcocks causing localized chaos.

A lot of these videos aren't showing you the sort of shit that's going on before these random acts of "police brutality." It's not just the police. They're just getting tired of dealing with shit and yes, they lost their cool. But holy crap, most of these protestors are being retarded. The protest isn't going to change anything.
This, as far as I can tell, is a pretty accurate approximation of the situation. The sad truth though, is that said retards are within their rights to protest even if they're wrong.

The crux of the issue for me is that I don't think if a civilian assaulted someone on video that, "Well, occasionally I screw up and blind some people with pepper spray, sorry about that" would hold up very well in court. And I don't think it should work for the police either, considering they're trained to be professional about their job and not lose their cool in these kinds of circumstances.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #55
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

the way I see it is, gathering a large crowd of people (who obviously aren't happy cause there protesting) is potential grounds for violence weather or not they mean to. so cops showing up to a public place to keep things under "control" was going to happen no matter what. and with video cameras about, I guess they feel they need to "do some thing" so that they could say "hey I am just doing my job." and though I agree they went maybe a bit far physically, with a huge crowd of protesters that look like there ready to start trouble at any moment maybe some of them felt it was first instinct...
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 12:44 AM   #56
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere View Post
Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me at all. I would almost expect something like this from time to time.

The best thing you can do is leave the area immediately. Don't stick around. Don't video tape. If you don't want to be assaulted. Unfortunately that means you do give up your rights to peacefully assemble and your right to video in public and some of your free speech rights.
In the event of a serious protest, I would honestly rather be the one who records the brutalities and becomes a victim than the one who surrenders his rights and runs away.

However, like Rubix said, this isn't even an organized protest. It's basically a (very large) group of dumbshits who think they're "making a difference by standing up against the machine" when really it seems like no two people in the group are protesting for the same reason. They're protesting for the sake of protesting, and that is not what our right to protest was intended for. Actually, this is making a sick joke of that right and it makes me wonder if the American people are intelligent enough in this day and age to deserve that right.

So yes, I too do not like living on this planet anymore, but it is not because of this minor police brutality. Yes, the few police sergeants who lost their tempers should be reprimanded, but it's nothing they need to lose their jobs over.

Last edited by Crashfan3; 10-1-2011 at 12:47 AM..
Crashfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-1-2011, 09:06 AM   #57
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashfan3 View Post
In the event of a serious protest, I would honestly rather be the one who records the brutalities and becomes a victim than the one who surrenders his rights and runs away.
Coming from a 19 year old living in a tiny town in Oregon.

How people can cry from seeing this, or even be surprised about police brutality is something I don't understand. This kind of stuff has been all over the news since before even the oldest of us were even born. It sucks to know that this happens in America, but honestly, what can you do? You let the little peons do their cute stunt until they get bored of it, and like every other "major" protest, it will eventually fade away. The last protest I can even think of that made any sort of lasting effect was the civil rights movement.

Plus it's just pepper spray, it's not like they're going Rodney King on him.
Old 10-1-2011, 09:31 AM   #58
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

oh man this is so much more terrible than that syrian kid who was tortured and murdered by his own government

im soooooooooooooo shocked
Old 10-1-2011, 09:40 AM   #59
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcrafta View Post
Coming from a 19 year old living in a tiny town in Oregon.
Plus it's just pepper spray, it's not like they're going Rodney King on him.
Two statements that you said that I feel were unnecessary and do not contribute to anything. It can always be worse. I guess someone has to die or get mortally wounded.
Old 10-1-2011, 09:44 AM   #60
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyokou View Post
oh man this is so much more terrible than that syrian kid who was tortured and murdered by his own government

im soooooooooooooo shocked
We know it's not worse. But that doesn't make this not a bad thing. Regardless of how bad it is, our biggest problem right now isn't the police brutality itself. Our problem is that they'll get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote