Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-5-2011, 03:57 PM   #41
m@dN3sS
FFR Player

Default Re: Casie Marie Anthony trial FOUND NOT GUILTY

Justice has been served, and it smells like chloroform.
m@dN3sS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 04:11 PM   #42
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

What a shitstorm lmfao, keep going.
Old 07-5-2011, 05:04 PM   #43
DotKritic
Forum User

I'm at work and was told about it. Man it sucks to be a Floridian.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 05:29 PM   #44
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

I'm sorry but every day people are being prosecuted for murders both similar to this one and otherwise. It's the media's insensitive drive for ratings why every month or two they do special programs based on any random one case.

Call me disgusting but I don't think any case like this should be reaped by the media. Not only does it look bad, it also puts unnecessary emotions on people, it can cause even more problems for the case itself and in this already troubled world why do we need to be brought to light on what we already know goes on? There's no benefit in televising everyone's pain and anguish to the normal person. As well, with cases like these, WHAT did you get from it? Did you discover how fucced up our legal system is? Already knew that. Did you learn how inhumane humanity is? Already knew that. Did you learn ANYTHING from it? No. What did watching this trial, that ended in the worst possible way, give you above what your normal personal life does?

Sorry sorry, my irritation is more with the media capitalizing on others pain for he sake of a news story and by extension ratings by extension money by extension greed.

Give me one solidly good reason why these things should be televised.

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 05:34 PM   #45
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

You belabor the points and move the goalposts -- I'm not disagreeing that some cases shouldn't get media coverage, and I'm not disagreeing that such coverage can cause a lot of stress and toil for those involved. I'm saying that media coverage is a lousy reason to discount the case's severity as "just one pebble in a world of boulders" or whatever it was you said.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 05:46 PM   #46
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Well in that sense I am sorry, misdirected words on my parts but the feelings stay the same. I mean by that phrase, he media and viewers of said event seem to always portray these acts as the most inhumane thing to happen. If the majority of people that watch beset trials actually watched some shit you might see on like, liveleak then you'd start to feel as angry as I am.

I feel its immoral for the news to sling a special on this like this. That more my premise than anything. But as an added bonus I just hate seeing people, and its not just this thread, but everywhere, making this case seem far worse in compared to everything else that happens.

Old 07-5-2011, 05:50 PM   #47
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

I'm sorry if this is a double post but I'm writing on my Droid and it won't let me hit my edit button. I just wanna say bare with me on my writing. My phone autocorrects the wrong words constantly and I don't catch them.

Old 07-5-2011, 06:19 PM   #48
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

Oh wow... Well, it's a shame her murderer is still out there, but I'll agree with Phynx in the sense that things like this happen every day. If you're going to argue his points over this case, I find that rather absurd - he is simply stating a brash factual statement. However, Phynx, I'm afraid your views will be overshadowed with the ignorant remarks of people who can't comprehend what you're really saying...
And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.
Dorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 06:24 PM   #49
Secks69
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Secks69

****, I'm in Florida and all I hear people talking about is this shit and people posting statuses about this on Fb.... -____-
Secks69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 06:29 PM   #50
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

I'm kinda with bluearrow here; I hadn't heard about this case until today.

Not having hard evidence kinda blows, but I can't really see why the jury would have reasonable doubt against Casey here. None of it adds up in her favor, and her lying to investigators has to be some kind of giveaway right?

in b4 Casey sells story rights for books & movies & documentaries
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 06:29 PM   #51
Profraine
FFR Player

I really don't care if some random fcuktard I never met before gets tried for killing someone. The fact that I would want to know is a tad morbid. But the press coverage it got was the bigger problem. Seriously, there were people watching this trial for entertainment, which sickens me. I'm glad it's over with, and now I don't have to hear about it.

And it's Casey, not Casie. And I don't even give 2 flying ****s about the case.
Profraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 06:33 PM   #52
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

pr outta nowhere
And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.
Dorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 06:33 PM   #53
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
The jury is absurdly stupid. Baez just bukakke-blasted everything with lies until something stuck. Seeing Casey so happy and smiling over the whole thing made me sick to my stomach.

Bunch of idiots. Another sociopathic killer walks free -- it's basically OJ all over again.
I've always had a problem with the jury system. I'm by no means an expert on the matter, but I'm willing to bet a significant amount of money that in many cases many jurors don't even fully understand the case.

I realize that a jury attempts to represent a biasless cross-section of the population, but it remains beyond my understanding why people would leave monumental decisions in the hands of people with not nearly enough training to make them.

With that said, I know nothing of this case >_> Reading about it now.
Old 07-5-2011, 06:39 PM   #54
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Well just knowing from what I do about the case and the circumstantial evidence, if it were in my hands, the bitch would be locked up for murder and I hope she gets her just reward after her death. There's luxury in hell for people so heartless as her.

Old 07-5-2011, 06:39 PM   #55
eastsideman09
poker face
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
Man it sucks to be a Floridian.
Why? It doesn't affect me personally, and it probably shouldn't affect anyone else who wasn't involved in the case.

I heard the verdict on the radio today and I changed the station. Not because of the verdict, but because they were talking about things I don't care about instead of playing music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 06:43 PM   #56
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I've always had a problem with the jury system. I'm by no means an expert on the matter, but I'm willing to bet a significant amount of money that in many cases many jurors don't even fully understand the case.

I realize that a jury attempts to represent a biasless cross-section of the population, but it remains beyond my understanding why people would leave monumental decisions in the hands of people with not nearly enough training to make them.

With that said, I know nothing of this case >_> Reading about it now.
Basically the case is one of those "the verdict shouldn't surprise you based on the fact that most of the evidence is circumstantial/possibly coincidential/incidental" deals. When you look at all the evidence, it's more than clear that she was likely involved. Problem was there was nothing definitive that pinned her directly to her daughter's death. However, there was plenty of evidence consistent with the notion that she was involved, and such a scenario is far more likely than the bullshit stories she was trying to pump forth.
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 06:47 PM   #57
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

I wonder how much dick was sucked for this...
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pmonibuv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 07:28 PM   #58
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

Hmm I wonder how many people died in India, Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, Mexico, Sudan, Libya, and Syria today.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2011, 07:38 PM   #59
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus003 View Post
imo the only reason she's not guilty is because there is no evidence that for sure indicates that she did it, if there was more evidence that it was her doing, she'd be fucced
This can actually be very true. If the police don't have specific evidence that shows how they are related directly, there is a chance that they can't win the case. This has happened in many murder trials where the, so to speak, "killer" isn't charged for anything since there is no direct evidence, but rather evidence that can only POSSIBLY find the person guilty. But, the court cannot make decisions based on a "Maybe" evidence.

Source: I"m a Criminal Justice Major.
Old 07-5-2011, 07:43 PM   #60
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
I'm at work and was told about it. Man it sucks to be a Floridian.
That's true in my case. I mean, if stuffing your dead child's corpse in a suitcase (I think...not too sure about it...been lazy to follow it) after killing her is an accident, then I guess I can shoot someone and say that I was trigger happy. Seriously, the jury needs to use common sense based on the evidence -_-...luckily a few of my friends moved out of Florida so they're safe from the ridicule that's going to bashed upon us here in Florida...well, one more reason to move out.

Anyhow, when I occasionally looked it up, there was really no concrete evidence to prove her guilty. But I felt bad for the child. I swear, if I can recall, wasn't the mother would've gone on "death row" or life if she was convicted? I'm not too sure about it. I just discovered that around two days ago...

Last edited by XxMidigamixX; 07-5-2011 at 07:48 PM..
XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote