Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Crowdpleaser be Removed from Public Level Ranks?
Yes 67 56.30%
No 46 38.66%
Undecided 6 5.04%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #21
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: On the Removal of Crowdpleaser from Level Ranks

It's not a very balanced file at all, and if you submitted it today you'd be instantly declined, and probably even lose a few points. I don't know how many times I have said this, but it's getting to the point where it's not even worth saying because everyone shits down my neck for pointing it out. Consistency guys.
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:37 AM   #22
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
As one of the low-skill crappy players apparently being defended by removing Crowdpleaser from the ranks: please don't.

The purpose that Crowdpleaser serves, and serves well is precisely -that- it is actually fairly straightforward and not that hard except for the bursts and the wall. I've used it as an example to non-players dozens of times of "You think the song I just played was hard, look at this!"

It is a song where even if the bursts and the wall were changed to be less trilly and more rolly or whatever would make it "easier" would still be beyond the VAST VAST majority of people who play this game (And remember, you're comparing all of these stats, including the 270-whatever FCs against the fact that thousands of people play FFR without ever making an account or logging in)

Seeing a song like that, where you see the wall and go "Nope, that is literally impossible" and then find out "Oh except there are a couple people who can do it" is actually very motivating in a way that just "Yeah, if this song were slow, I could totally do it, I'm just not fast enough" like you get from songs like Death Piano, really isn't.

We need a few things in the game that new players will think are impossible so that when they found out it is possible, have something big to work towards.
The question is whether we should keep it in the level ranks or not, not to remove Crowdpleaser completely from the game (which I'm against).
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:46 AM   #23
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

He said "from the ranks" from the start, he understood.

The idea that 299 people have actually FCd legit is laughable, so the 'well other people have done it' is misleading in a way because it's impossible to tell exactly how many have.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #24
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

I know, but devonin's argument applies more to the removal of Crowdpleaser from the game.
When I began playing the game in 2007, I avoided CP like the plague because it was not the type of file that was fun to score on. I liked the slower parts, but getting to the bursts and the jacks section was really soulcrushing. Sure, there are some players that can find motivation from the chart, but not me. Even then, I think removing it from the level ranks really won't really make D1-D2 players run away from the game. If you need Crowdpleaser to push yourself, you will still be able to play it and your score will count.
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #25
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmymi View Post
why should we remove it just because some scrubs cant vibrate?
I need to reiterate my main point here:

The scores on CP are contaminated with illegitimate scores through illegal setups. Level ranks serve to compare players skills against each others, but cheated scores skew that intention. The nature and isolated difficulty of CP made it easy to cheat. Since we can't go through and peel out the cheated scores, we should remove it from public ranks.

Removing it because of difficulty leads to many slippery slope arguments as we've seen so far, it's like no one actually reads the OP

So, what do you guys think of the legitimacy of the FC's on CP, and does that warrant it's removal?

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #26
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

move it!! if we do i'm almost positive i will be placed in a lower division in tourneys lol
Old 02-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #27
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

how about we get rid of all moogy files
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #28
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I still like the idea that was suggested a long while ago: The creation of a Legacy Level Ranks.

It would encompass all the BNS files, all the obviously Offsync/Crowdpleaser-esque files, would likely get it's own levelranks bar, but wouldn't count towards ranks at all since they wouldn't be a fair indicator. They would however get their own average rank (like with token ranks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #29
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
I know, but devonin's argument applies more to the removal of Crowdpleaser from the game.
When I began playing the game in 2007, I avoided CP like the plague because it was not the type of file that was fun to score on. I liked the slower parts, but getting to the bursts and the jacks section was really soulcrushing. Sure, there are some players that can find motivation from the chart, but not me. Even then, I think removing it from the level ranks really won't really make D1-D2 players run away from the game. If you need Crowdpleaser to push yourself, you will still be able to play it and your score will count.
Seeing it moving up my levelranks page as I manage to FC a little more of it actually feels pretty good. Moving your ability to even see your rank on it to a place separate from the ranks as most people will understand them seems as bad to me as removing it from the game entirely would be.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #30
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

everyone can do the split style. its just like another skill to master in this game. i mean i know its a gimmick and asinine but its been done by tons of people at this point. just do it yourself. save me your pride trip. if its affecting your life that much then suck it up and improve your rank.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #31
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay View Post
everyone can do the split style. its just like another skill to master in this game. i mean i know its a gimmick and asinine but its been done by tons of people at this point. just do it yourself. save me your pride trip. if its affecting your life that much then suck it up and improve your rank.
so you're implying we should completely learn a new playstyle entirely just to do well on one terrible file that pretty much placed arrows completely arbitrarily? I think not. If there were a LARGE number of files that utilized a need for, say, split style, then maybe that would be a legitimate concern, but 1 or 2 files is just completely impractical.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #32
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

i'm saying that you should learn it if its really that bothersome to you. so yes it is 100% practical in that sense. perhaps reading the whole post would help. only learn it if you want to improve your rank. i did it.

we all have to do things in life that we don't feel necessary to get to where we want to. look at college. mine requires a 2000 level english class. which is just taking away from my core classes that i need to take and funneling money into the school. so i have to take it to graduate. i dont want to but because i want that end goal of a degree. i am doing it.

Last edited by kmay; 02-13-2014 at 08:51 AM..
kmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #33
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
i'm saying that you should learn it if its really that bothersome to you. so yes it is 100% practical in that sense. perhaps reading the whole post would help. only learn it if you want to improve your rank. i did it.

we all have to do things in life that we don't feel necessary to get to where we want to. look at college. mine requires a 2000 level english class. which is just taking away from my core classes that i need to take and funneling money into the school. so i have to take it to graduate. i dont want to but because i want that end goal of a degree. i am doing it.
Is this college? No. This is a game. More importantly, this is a game where we have a choice, we have an option. You're not really given an option in college. I wasn't trying to be rude in my earlier response, but the fact that we have the ability to actually change things should serve enough as an impetus for us to make said change. With college I imagine trying to change things like that would take years and years, this is just a simple little fix of a detail.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #34
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

but its just a life lesson. don't try to change something because you don't like it or can't do it. overcome it. and overcoming this file is probably a weeks worth of practice. I was SDGing this file without the overlay/split. so it was just a matter of changing it up a little. its a fun file if you ask me. just not in your normal realm of playing.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #35
ssbmchamp
Can't improve at this game.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
Is this college? No. This is a game. More importantly, this is a game where we have a choice, we have an option. You're not really given an option in college. I wasn't trying to be rude in my earlier response, but the fact that we have the ability to actually change things should serve enough as an impetus for us to make said change. With college I imagine trying to change things like that would take years and years, this is just a simple little fix of a detail.
Quote:
but its just a life lesson. don't try to change something because you don't like it or can't do it. overcome it. and overcoming this file is probably a weeks worth of practice. I was SDGing this file without the overlay/split. so it was just a matter of changing it up a little. its a fun file if you ask me. just not in your normal realm of playing.

I'm kinda on the fence with this whole argument, but if I had to chose a side I would more than likely side with kmay on this one. I am so against people wanting to change things or getting rewarded for something they haven't done well. Perfect example are parents these days with young kids on sports teams.....they feel as though no matter how their kids do they deserve a medal or a prize, even if they come in dead last, so they don't feel bad....When i was growing up first and second place got the medals/prizes cuz they did well to earn them and that alone was motivation for the others to try and get better for next time. The same concept applies here. As bullshit as that song is (trust me I can't do it for the life of me) it still requires skill, which separates better players from less skilled players. It is what it is, and complaining about it just makes you look mad that you can't do it simple as that. If people are gonna petition against songs they can't do then in that case I demand we get rid of party 4u because I physically can't even see the notes at parts. For me that's way more bullshit than crowdpleaser, but it has been done, therefore it's a skill i have yet to acquire so i just deal with it.
ssbmchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #36
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Dude your logic makes 0 sense: "Problem: file makes no sense. Solution: Learn to play nonsense stuff." I bet you'd say Whimper Wall was a nice/fun file to combo on lmao.

PS: go step a legit vibrating file and Then use all the pro-CP arguments, that might work. But don't simply defend a dumb file like CP thx

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 02-13-2014 at 10:00 AM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #37
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
My point is that the file is pretty much physically impossible for, like Eze said, 99.99% of FFR players. Most other files are at least possible to play after practicing enough. With Vibrating, you either have the ability or you don't, it's not something you can work towards.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #38
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
With Vibrating, you either have the ability or you don't, it's not something you can work towards.
That side or the argument is funny too; how wouldnt it be eh ? If you can learn to jack, you can learn to vibrate.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #39
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
That side or the argument is funny too; how wouldnt it be eh ? If you can learn to jack, you can learn to vibrate.
Not... really. Jacking is just another pattern, vibrating is an innate ability in and of itself. It's not something you just "learn". With the amount of practice most D6-D7 players put in, would you argue that all of us are just "able" to vibrate?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-13-2014, 10:07 AM   #40
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
When I was playing in 2008, I've practiced vibrating charts very frequently. I was only up to vibrating 180~ BPM 16th jacks consistently.

I still can only vibrate 180~ BPM 16th jacks.