Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #281
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor
Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

i sent bit howl
(it's bs)
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #282
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Sent revision for Howling. (will send Aegis revision later)
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #283
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
also, look out for ge4ce...
yoshl, wat r u doing...

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #284
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
Laveran no Shokutaku
I love this file. It has a great pitch-relevancy and rhythms, it's superfun to play. BUT those 48ths just repeat too much, start mixing up the patterns half-way through them, even though that means sacrificing pitch-relevancy. it would make it much more fun and so much more replayable, since otherwise when thinking about this file it's always gonna be about that annoying repetetive part that you have to nail. it's just the type of section that everyone developes bad habits on and can't hit. other than that this is a great simfile and it will surely be accepted.
Other than mirroring (which is cheap) there is no other comfortable pattern to do 48th galops in. It makes the file very awkward.

P.S: Reefer Man is an eXpReSsIvE file, so no harm done rejecting it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #285
dascookieman
FFR Player

hm ok i will look at it later scintill

didn't play any newly submitted files, only played revisions, i'll get to the new submissions later.

oblivion again

m22&23&38 to clarify: it's the last minijack on the leftarrow (it's two jumps) when the melody is playing descending notes that i have a problem with, since the other minijacks are going to actual consecutive notes in the music, it absolutely shouldn't be a minijack right after that goes to regular descending notes. (this happens in measure 38 too)
m32: the solo guitar is obviously only playing 2 notes here and the backup guitar plays constant 8ths from the 4th to the last 8th and the snare drum hits twice.
m35: does jack theory mean placing 2 jacks right before the melody changes an almost measure-long note and the only thing happening in the drums being the snare drum hitting once? the other jacks between m35-38 i can understand the theory behind
m38: but here is where i think that it doesn't matter if you have acceptable minijacks in the previous sections, because this section has "true" minijacks and it completly takes away the awesome effect they have here since the previous sections are cluttered with minijacks that doesn't go a sound with consecutive notes like here.
m55: the melody might actually be playing some consecutive notes here but not in the way that you have it. sounds like the 2 first 16ths are consecutive then it's descending notes or smth like that
m58: obvious missing melody 16ths right before the beginning of this measure
m64: one missing 16th going to the piano before the freeze

fix up the file and i'll accept it's a cool file =). the reason it's purple and not green is really some of the minijacks which is not a minor error like my other notes but something that takes away from some of the coolest parts of the file

fatal tragedy
accepted. got your notes in the e-mail, the file is incredibly good now. i can accept that style of stepping in measure 76-85 and leaving the 2 piano notes out in the end is also cool.
i only changed 2 arrows in the file myself now, the kettledrums you added in measure 96 were put as 3 16ths, changed it to 32nds, is this ok?

howling
accepted, awesome as hell. i added the 16th in measure 2 myself since i thought it was very obvious, you must just have looked in the wrong place. is this ok?

jack-the-ripper
accepted, also a fantastic file now. i thought changing the mines to arrows in measure 82-84 turned out fantastic
just one thing that annoys me about playing it: the 3 mines in measure 78, can i remove them? if not that is of course fine

poppin shower
ok so i ended up remaking a lot of this as i was looking more and more at it. if you want to collab i can remake it completly otherwise just use whatever you want from my chart. here are all the notes for everything i changed, challenge is my chart.

the added minijacks in the beginning are cool for sure
the missing 16ths in m11 and m13 are easily discernable in 0.8x. they're added
measure 2 1 16th too much
measure 5 extended the 24ths
measure 8 remade
measure 3&7&35&37&39&43&45&47 i think these are also 24ths. this is good news as we can mix up the patterns any way we like without problem when they're 24ths
remade 26-33. copy-pasted your 18-26 here and added the bassdrum and "hoo!"s +remade the ending drumclimax
measure 25&33 changed to 64th gallops. they aren't necessarily 64ths but because of how it sounds it fits much better imo. it might start on the 16ths but it fades in really quickly and gives it a gallopy feel so it becomes really cool with the 64ths
measure 35 1 16ths too much, also adjusted the vocal jumps
measure 39 added 1 vocal jump
measure 44 missing 16th right before measure 45
measure 61-ending, complete remake. the standard chart shows the vocals only, light is vocals+the sounds playing the 16ths that also hits on every 8th and 4th. challenge is the complete thing, vocals+the 16ths and every 8th sound+bassdrum+"hoo!"

Kanon Kanon
accepted!! it's great now. the rambling vocals part is so awesome haha. also it's hard and intense as hell, i'm looking for more hard files! it's a lot better with the freezes between 60-76 too.

we got a bunch of accepted files now!! feels awesome, the quality of the pack is ridiculously high so far

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-19-2013 at 09:33 AM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #286
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

This pack looks like it's going well so far, to say the least i'll try to finish up something too!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #287
moches
FFR Player

just sent in a revision for Toki!

notes:
-Heavy and Oni are the same chart with one difference: Oni has 13-36 completely unchanged, while Heavy rearranges some of the layering and removes a lot of the overly hard jacks. I wasn't quite satisfied with either, but I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere in the middle. or maybe we can just keep both charts as is. if you want me to tweak something, lemme know!
-everything from 51 to the end has been fixed, messed around with the patterns a little and it turned out baller

I have three more charts for this in the pipeline and one of them's almost finished (the other two are around halfway done). this pack looks great so far, I'm seeing tons of new faces, which is awesome.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #288
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Go ahead and remove the mines haha, that's perfectly fine :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #289
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Yea it's fine to put those as 32nds. Two accepted files now!
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #290
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Hey Glove what's the maximum amount of files you're willing to take to complete this pack?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #291
dascookieman
FFR Player

there is no max amount but wtf you guys are sending me so many simfiles i have no life!!!

there are still 5 files yet to be reviewed including revisions

Demonish animal appearance

accepted. it's challenging in a fun and consistent way and has great replay value. o_O the file doesn't have a single error as far as i can tell. should be added that it's a generic SSH song but still, great job!

Ehhen doyadosu? tengujiman

LOVE IT. superfun and challenging great job, although it has some quite significant errors. fix it up and it's accepted for suure.

measure 6. missing 16th before the color notes
measure 7. missing 16th after the 48th
measure 9. it's just 16ths?
measure 14. because of how the last freeze-sound ends it would be cool if the freeze ending was a staircase
measure 24. i think there are more 24ths after the 4th jump in the middle
measure 32&40. the last 3 16ths can be a jack
measure 43-48 & 51-54 it's not constant 16ths. after every second 4th there shouldn't be an arrow
measure 49 way too many 16ths
measure 50 one or two too many 16ths in the end?
measure 65-68 & 73-75 not constant 16ths here either

op 39 no 10

really nice try some parts are awesome and you actually managed very well to keep a good consistent level of difficulty. many parts feel offsync though and it feels like there are lots of notes left out here and there (i know youre not following the bass notes all the time). i won't look at this one in the editor because i have so much to do, but this can be accepted after revision but you're gonna have to work really hard on this one

ge4ce vfur

i quaded sightread. lol. this pack needs more hard simfiles so yes but it needs to be a bit better as well lol. mostly it's just a million staircases/rolls

measure 3 they're not all 32nds/too many 32nds
measure 7 you could add a bunch of freezes to the water sound or whatever it is

eh i can't make more comments because i broke edit wtf. i accidentally saved in the editor and now i cant get edit back, trying reloading and renaming the folder :S wtf

anyway heavy was pretty fun even though dumphard, but you need to make it a bit more diverse than just a billion rolls

max 888

eeeh i don't even know what to say hahaha. good job with all the bpm tricks but this would obviously be impossible on xmod XD. on cmod its not that much fun it obvious completly lacks any kind of flow lol. meh like i said i don't even know what to say about this one XD not the typical simfile pack file that's for sure!

orbital

finally someone submits a file with really fun jacks that are longer than minijacks!! it needs a harder difficulty for cmod with more layering and just more going on basically for most part, most of my notes are aimed at that. not that many people play x-mod, although i can appreciate it being made like this for x-mod very much, it's suuupercool, but it also needs another chart for cmod (which will obviously be fun on x-mod too if you know the song)

measure 13 could make the last freeze a color note burst
measure 24 missing 16th in the beginning and before the next 16ths too i think
measure 41, trill?
measure 55 dunno if it might get too hard to have trills
mesaure 56 needs dem color notes
measure 59 can also have some color notes

Last edited by dascookieman; 03-19-2013 at 12:17 PM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #292
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
ge4ce vfur

i quaded sightread. lol. this pack needs more hard simfiles so yes but it needs to be a bit better as well lol. mostly it's just a million staircases/rolls

measure 3 they're not all 32nds/too many 32nds
measure 7 you could add a bunch of freezes to the water sound or whatever it is

eh i can't make more comments because i broke edit wtf. i accidentally saved in the editor and now i cant get edit back, trying reloading and renaming the folder :S wtf

anyway heavy was pretty fun even though dumphard, but you need to make it a bit more diverse than just a billion rolls
Edit just has that massive splitroll, but otherwise, the patterns are more "accurate", in that the patterns basically went to shit getting PR right

(also)
ded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.

Last edited by YoshL; 03-19-2013 at 12:40 PM..
YoshL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #293
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
I was actually following the background synth that's doing constant 16ths. I mean I can change it and all, but don't you think that makes the file less fun?
forget the note about an arrow too much after every second 4th, that was listening to the percussion. although the streams still aren't going all the way through these parts, i think you need to look at it. there will be enough stream to make it fun anyhow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
And as for Poppin' Shower, some of the changes you did I really liked while other I'm kind of iffy about. I can't look at it in too much detail at the moment, but would be interested in doing a collab where yours is the oni chart and mine is the heavy or something like that?
sure but if you wanna avoid that everyone just plays the oni chart because it's the highest difficulty maybe we should try and focus on one chart
Old 03-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #294
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Quote:
there is no max amount but wtf you guys are sending me so many simfiles i have no life!!!
Well.. you ARE the leader of this pack so me thinks you should get a judge panel to help you?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #295
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

i'll do harder difficulty for orbital
Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #296
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Just sent in a better file
Old 03-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #297
StoneMcKnuckle
FFR Player

Got summoned by the glove and redownloaded Stepmania. Might submit something, but I'm too shit to QC my own files nowadays so don't expect any miracles.
StoneMcKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #298
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMcKnuckle View Post
Got summoned by the glove and redownloaded Stepmania. Might submit something, but I'm too shit to QC my own files nowadays so don't expect any miracles.
oh SHIT.

now my dick is diamonds.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #299
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Ugh...I wanna step shit for this pack so bad but I have to wait for my laptop T_T

I have so many metal tunes that I've always wanted to make charts for.

Hmm.. I wonder if anyone would collab with me for a Rush tune
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #300
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Ugh...I wanna step shit for this pack so bad but I have to wait for my laptop T_T

I have so many metal tunes that I've always wanted to make charts for.

Hmm.. I wonder if anyone would collab with me for a Rush tune
O.o Yes.
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote