Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #2681
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

I think he is talking about the length of games lol...maybe a pathetic misunderstanding. Korny and I are speeking of gameplay speed. Not game length...
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #2682
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

My video's should've stopped this argument in its tracks i seriously don't get why it's still continuing. Any semi-intelligent person would've admitted to the truths of what i've said after watching them.

A 4 live stock match on final destination in melee takes 3 minutes, 4 minutes tops. 5 if it's really really intense and that's rare. 4 live stock in this game almost ALWAYS take more than 6 minutes. Items or not this game is slower. I've said all that i've needed to say. I'm done trying to convince an idiot of something so obvious that he fails to see, because his own perception of this game is so warped that two videos comparing speed difference wasn't enough for him.

Last edited by korny; 03-27-2008 at 02:11 PM..
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:10 PM   #2683
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
My video's should've stopped this argument in its tracks i seriously don't get why it's still continuing. Any semi-intelligent person would've admitted to the truths of what i've said after watching them.
If he isn't talking about the length of the game, then I have no idea what he's talking about, and neither does he lol.

If he is talking about the length of the game then his argument would make sense. A bunch of unbalanced items taking away a ****load of percentages, not to mention final smashes, would end with faster ENDING games. Not a faster MOVEMENT game. Thats OBVIOUS. If thats not his argument then he needs some help.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #2684
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshox View Post
When I played Brawl for the VERY first time, there definitely was a difference in terms of movement speed. But like Squeek said, the amount of events going on DURING the match make the game more hectic and more intense(with items).
There I fixed it for you. You had some typos. You don't have to thank me, it's no problem.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #2685
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by djshox View Post
Even without items (with the exclusion of allowing Smash Balls), it's a wild ride. When you do see a Smash Ball floating around, you damn well know everyone's going to be racing and attacking each other to get to it first.
First off..lol

Second off, this makes this a faster pace game how?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #2686
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Whether it be your first time or whatever time, if you watched those videos you'll see how much slower brawl actually is than melee.

l2awr. If someone says a game is faster, he is talking about the speed of the game in terms of how fast it is. So to say that the matches end faster would be to say that the length of the matches are speedier. But squeek didn't say that. He said the game is faster. He went from saying the game is many times faster than melee , to saying the game goes by faster. Two totally different meanings in themselves. He moved the original argument which was based off how fast the movement of this game is, to how fast the games ends and how much more hectic it is. I wasn't arguing about how fast the games end to begin with even though that is incorrect in itself.

Lets put it this way so everyone can see it clearly. How does it make sense to say, that a game with characters whose speed has been nerfed, (which squeek has now finally admitted to) a game in which a higher amount of percentage is generally required to eliminate your opponent than it's predecessor, go by faster than it's predecessor? It makes absolutely no sense to say that.

Last edited by korny; 03-27-2008 at 02:31 PM..
Old 03-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #2687
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Whether it be your first time or whatever time, if you watched those videos you'll see how much slower brawl actually is than melee.

l2awr. If someone says a game is faster, he is talking about the speed of the game in terms of how fast it is. So to say that the matches end faster would be to say that the length of the matches are speedier. But squeek didn't say that. He said the game is faster. He went from saying the game is many times faster than melee , to saying the game goes by faster. Two totally different meanings in themselves. He moved the original argument which was based off how fast the movement of this game is, to how fast the games end and how much more hectic it is. I wasn't arguing about how fast the games end to begin with even though that is incorrect in itself.

Lets put it this way so everyone can see it clearly. How does it make sense to say, that a game with characters whose speed has been nerfed, (which squeek has now finally admitted to) a game in which a higher amount of percentage is generally required to eliminate your opponent than it's predecessor, be in fact faster than it's predecessor? Tell me how in the hell that makes any sense.
He did say "it goes by faster", thats why I brought up his possible argument. I'm not sure what he's arguing to be honest.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #2688
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

@ korny / l2: What.

You're implying that my post says something along the lines of "I'm going to finish Brawl faster than I will finish Melee."

I'm talking about your standard 4-person Brawl match.

The longevity of a battle has nothing to do with the pace of the battle. You are a testament to that. It's the same fight between Melee and Brawl. The Brawl fight might last longer for all the reasons you stated, but that's not the point. It's a much more intense fight. It's much faster-paced. Just because you can only fit 5 matches in for a 10-minute period as opposed to 6 matches doesn't make the game slower-paced. In fact, if you're all reading each other so damn well that you can dodge or block every attack (unlikely, but bear with the example), wouldn't this intense battle that's full of action last for quite a long time? Does this make the game slower-paced? Hell no!

Shox gets what I'm talking about.

In other news, does anyone have a checklist for SSE trophies? The only one I've found on the interwebs is missing a bunch of enemies.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #2689
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Barely slower ? Did you even watch those videos? I don't understand what either of you are trying to say if shox is agreeing with what you're saying. The game is slower paced. The movements, the length of time required to complete a stock match, the amount of time it takes to kill an opponent each time. Everything about this game is slower.I don't know how to put it anymore blunt than that, and don't see how you can justify your reasoning over that which is the obvious truth.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #2690
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Jesus ****, people, it took you THIS LONG to recognize a mere confusion of definition?

You're all idiots.

You're not all talking about the same thing!

What would help, though, is if Squeek pointed out that his statement is one of personal perception and opinion, not an absolute statement of fact (which is what korny's talking about).

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #2691
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Opinion doesn't matter when their are facts to back it up. Squeek is the idiot by trying to prove otherwise.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #2692
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Opinion doesn't matter when their are facts to back it up. Squeek is the idiot by trying to prove otherwise.
Uh, try reading my post again.

You two are NOT talking about the SAME THING.

Opinion matters to what Squeek is talking about in how he percieves the speed of his matches to go. Someone who plays a different way will experience it differently.

You're talking about sheer game mechanics, which is an absolute judgment on the measurable speeds of the actions.

Your facts speak NOTHING to what Squeek is discussing.

Now, will everyone shut up about this?

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:34 PM   #2693
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

One is talking about the pace of matches.

pace
2. a rate of activity, progress, growth, performance, etc.; tempo.

The others are talking about the speed of the matches.

speed
1. rapidity in moving, going, traveling, proceeding, or performing

Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #2694
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Yeah, still makes no sense to me sorry.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #2695
YNXOT
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
I also miss race to the finish.
yeah same here dude omg that was kool I wish there was like someway they can make downloadable for brawl that would be pretty sick I wish they would bring those bak that would be kool dude

Nintendo 3DS friend code - 3136 6689 2051 add me =)
YNXOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #2696
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Makes perfect sense to me, sorry.

You can have a slow slow-paced game. Everyone is sluggish and battles drag on forever.

You can have a slow fast-paced game. Everyone is sluggish, but battles are full of action.

You can have a fast slow-paced game. Everone is speedy, but battles drag on forever.

You can have a fast fast-paced game. Everyone is speedy and battles are full of action.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-27-2008 at 05:23 PM..
Old 03-27-2008, 05:21 PM   #2697
zidart
FFR Player

by the way...when nintendo is going to fix the on-line service? it's hard to get a 4 player match without lag or to get rivals on "anyone"
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #2698
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285

Some people on SWF said that they experienced much less lag by using a LAN adapter and a wired connection. I might try that since I've been hesitant to play online due to the lag I had the first time I played.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #2699
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
@ korny / l2: What.

You're implying that my post says something along the lines of "I'm going to finish Brawl faster than I will finish Melee."

I'm talking about your standard 4-person Brawl match.

The longevity of a battle has nothing to do with the pace of the battle. You are a testament to that. It's the same fight between Melee and Brawl. The Brawl fight might last longer for all the reasons you stated, but that's not the point. It's a much more intense fight. It's much faster-paced. Just because you can only fit 5 matches in for a 10-minute period as opposed to 6 matches doesn't make the game slower-paced. In fact, if you're all reading each other so damn well that you can dodge or block every attack (unlikely, but bear with the example), wouldn't this intense battle that's full of action last for quite a long time? Does this make the game slower-paced? Hell no!

Shox gets what I'm talking about.

In other news, does anyone have a checklist for SSE trophies? The only one I've found on the interwebs is missing a bunch of enemies.
We were talking about the speed of the game. As in how fast players move, attack. A faster game would need faster reflexes. We are NOT talking about the length of the matches lol! wtf cares about that
Old 03-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #2700
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Because that's the speed of the game.

The GAME is running at 60 frames per second. That's faster than Melee. But that's a moot point.

You're saying "game" in place of "characters". The CHARACTERS run slower.